User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play with it on. Feels a little too easy to find gems otherwise.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers gents. Pretty much sums up my feeling. I want a challenge, but I also want to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used it. I feel like the challenge of my own scouting (as opposed to the scouting my scouts do) is being able to judge which sets of attributes will make a good player for a position, I don't see the point of putting a time constraint on seeing them.

Plus I like looking at other players in the game world for immersion reasons.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently playing my first ever save on a full player database, 400k+. Its glorious spending hours sifting through everyone to find a gem. 3.2k for this dude, plus the eyebrows. Back-up 2. Bundesliga WBR. Bargain.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World class eyebrow.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Are people using Attribute Masking? I previously never have, but am considering for my new journeyman save. Thoughts?
    I always have, but with a new tiny person in the house, I just don’t have enough time to play with it on. So I’ve done my first ever save without it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am almost to December 2024 and just realized I didn’t update on how 23-24 went.

League

We were very good through the middle part of the season but that collapse was disappointing. Another trip to the play offs for us.

Toggle Spoiler

Cups

Toggle Spoiler

Squad

Toggle Spoiler

Youth Intake
    Toggle Spoiler

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Rangers. I couldn't say dim diolch to my country.

Toggle Spoiler

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Youth Intake
    Toggle Spoiler
    Derek. I'm really enjoying the new look of the intakes, especially the fact you can get any nationality coming through them more regularly.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    First La Real season over (well, Europa League final vs Lazio still to go):

img

Oyarzabal carried me all season. Couldn't make a dent in Barca in the end, and a real shame Valencia couldn't keep them away from the title either, but pretty great to see Madrid miss out on CL.

Transfer wise fuck all has happened (I banned transfers in the first window, and January was quiet). I just can't seem to find many interesting prospects out there at prices this club can manage, the budget is really tight unless I offload Isak or Oyarzabal.

Edit: Well that was undeserved.

Scenes in the 94th minute though.

Champions League should boost the coffers. Both Madrid sides finishing so far off the pace is surprising. I wouldn't like to bump into either of them in the Europa next year.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Fernandez Vial : 2022 : End of Season Update

Toggle Spoiler
    What are the match day rules that are being broken?

Definitely stay for that extra season. As to where you go from there though.....what leagues have you got loaded, Quincy?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Scenes in the 94th minute though.

Champions League should boost the coffers. Both Madrid sides finishing so far off the pace is surprising. I wouldn't like to bump into either of them in the Europa next year.
    Immobile was like 5cm offside.

Real actually made it in the end by winning CL however, but they're last in the group 4 games in and trailing in the league as well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant even imagine how great that felt when they disallowed it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't get lines up on old games but this was it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dark Soldier,i took the liberty of dissecting some of the tactics that you have posted and made something of my own in the shape of a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers and some of your suggestions like the wide strikers marking the fullbacks,have made the tactic work like a treat. 2 Complete wing backs with attack mentality, 1 DLP with support and 2 Mezzalas on support for my midfield and 3 Advanced Strikers with the 2 wide ones,operating like an inside forward would with more dribbling,drifting wide and the likes. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome man! The marking thing works so well, the AI FBs don't know whether to follow your strikers, or stick for your WBs and you stretch them all over the place.

Just don't go too overboard like I did last night and try to have 8 of your guys man mark one of their defenders. The game does it too well:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derek. I'm really enjoying the new look of the intakes, especially the fact you can get any nationality coming through them more regularly.
    Same, its really nice to get something different coming through.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was planning to start a Journeyman save, taking over my local team in the 4th tier of Greece, but I haven't found any files for it. What I did find was the 3rd tier, so instead I will be taking over a team from Vari, a town I was stationed at during my military service (about half an hour outside Athens):

It might be a bit too ambitious mind you. We are expected to finish 10th out of 11 in a league consisting of 7 groups, where 5 teams are relegated from each group and only the winner makes it to the "promotion stage", a round-robin group where the top 4 teams are promoted to the second tier. So while a Journeyman save in principle, you might see me stay here for a few seasons (depending how hard it is to get out of this division).

The club is horribly understaffed, with our goalkeeper and defensive options being abhorrent, something I am looking to rectify before the league starts. Our star player at first glance appears to be Giannis Karalis:

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, now you can give team talks like 'Power resides where men believe it resides'. And ugh. A five star player is always ugly as it means the rest are all shite.

'Derek Patel' is proper assimilation goals.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked my team based on their badge:

Toggle Spoiler

Got these two bad boys to lead me to glory for years to come:

Toggle Spoiler
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a tool I found online (Newgan Facepack ) to give people real faces. Meet Mr. Patel

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Great, now you can give team talks like 'Power resides where men believe it resides'. And ugh. A five star player is always ugly as it means the rest are all shite.
    Oh it gets worse. That's my defense at the moment:

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just looks like United when Varane plays.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First two games:

Edit: As a sidenote I just got a "no injuries in 2 months" achievement, and I've had a player injured in each of the last 3 games.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 13-11-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little midseason update on the chaos that is Slough in the Premier League.

It's been a battle to say the least and this is how the table looks as we roll into the January transfer window. Lowlights include away losses to Arsenal (5-2) and Manchester City (6-1 with 10 men). But ultimately it's been really rewarding when we've snatched our 3 wins, proper fist pump moments. Our latest victory was pretty vital, a 2-0 Boxing Day victory over Middlesbrough in the middle of a really tough run of fixtures.

Dennis Ball continue to be an absolute club legend. Despite being fairly shocking technically, he's still the top scorer with 6 this season in all competitions. Michal Kovac is also getting more involved - it took 14 league games for him to find the net, but he's chipped in with 3 goals and 3 assists and is slowly warming to the league.

With our wage bill still very low for this level the money has been racking up, month on month. Judging by who will enter contract negotiations, our reputation has increased a little and so I'm looking to reinforce in this January window. Full backs are going to be the first port of call.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Are people using Attribute Masking? I previously never have, but am considering for my new journeyman save. Thoughts?
    Always have masking on. Adds to the realism in my opinion. Also means you need to rely on scouts more rather than just a spreadsheet exercise.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I delegated all the staff hiring and whatnot to the director of football and I just realised that we are paying more wages to staff than we are to players, by like 50% or something. No wonder we are hemorrhaging money left, right and centre.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-11-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a physical copy of FM and i don't even have a disk drive

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I bought a physical copy of FM and i don't even have a disk drive
    Is there not a code in the box for steam?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season Complete. Cup win and qualified for the Europa Conference League

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Is there not a code in the box for steam?
    I haven't oped the box. Is that a fact?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.footballmanager.com/news...r-2022-out-now
    Those purchasing a physical copy of FM22 will notice that, for the first time in the series’ history, there is no disc included in the box. This is part of our continued commitment to reducing our impact on the environment. In place of the disc, you'll receive an activation code for Steam.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a joke right? I mean "physical copy" means something... You can't just sell a empty colourful box and call it a physical copy...

Please tell me you're on the wind up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's fairly common practice nowadays. And you get the leaflets and the actual box for collection reasons. I know current WoW expansions don't contain discs in the boxes (and, in fact, you can no longer install the game via discs, the old ones that is).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus. I'd be furious if I went out of my way to buy a physical copy only for it not to be physical copy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would assume it's stated on the cover. I've seen that be the case in other games at least.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I would assume it's stated on the cover. I've seen that be the case in other games at least.
    Yeah, I'd hope so.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s some jip for people without a blazing high limit broadband package.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their impact on the environment? The only way for Miles to have a meaningful impact of the environment would be for him to stop making the game so we all go outside and turn the lights off.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All well and good until they pull a Rockstar and yoink all their digital versions from the store so you can't download them anymore unless you buy the 'new' ones. Greta Thunberg must hate me because I am about to pass the big 100 in my physical media film collection.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asteras Varis 2021/22 Review

So, as I showed in a previous post, we started the season with two losses, in games we essentially dominated. Thankfully things picked up and we ended up winning our group fairly comfortably:

Aiolikos were up there with us with their anti-football (40 points with just 28 goals scored; we scored 50 by comparison), but dropped too many points in the last few games. That meant we had to play in the round-robin promotion group, where 4 out of the 7 teams are promoted. We were about to face some historic clubs, that are generally a lot bigger than us, with Panionios being the big outlier (they used to feature in Europe fairly regularly, and even made the UEFA Cup Winners Cup quarters in 1999, but were relegated due to massive debts). Still I fancied our chances given our form in the regular season and thankfully I wasn't proven wrong:

In the end it was all very comfortable, especially given the fact that we had three away games against the other promoted teams and won two of them (losing to Panionios in the other one).

In terms of players, our coaches didn't lie and Karalis was one of our star performers with 18 goals in 27 games. He wasn't the best player in the squad though, as this guy was stunning in the AMC position, scoring 12 goals and creating another 12 in 27 appearances:

The other standout players were Zervopoulos, who was solid at the back and a prolific scorer from set-pieces (8 goals) and Mangos, who was our creating force in the midfield (9 assists and 3 goals):

While I did bring a lot of players in, Zervopoulos being one of them, Karalis, Neumann and Mangos were already at the club, so there was definitely a solid base to build on. Next season we will be trying to avoid relegation from Super League 2, and we will have to go through another squad overhaul as we have a lot of contracts expiring and a lot of oldies that I want to phase out of the team. The board have been kind enough to double our wage budget, however we are massively in debt (lost 250k euros this season), so I don't see myself staying here for long.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 14-11-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there ever been a manager who managed both Celtic and Rangers? I feel it is too soon to go back to club management as I want to give the Euro Qualifiers my complete attention. After Pepe Mel was let go due to five losses on the bounce, we hit the ground running ourselves and won our Nations League. I think we go to semi's then final? Or is that just the top level Nations Leagues?

Our Euro group has now been drawn too and it seems pretty simple other than the Italians.

Not much in the way of standout newgens for Wales and Gareth Bale retired five years ago so we're reliant on Harry Wilson mostly and Swansea's Tomas Johns.

Not as enjoyable as I anticipated but gotta stick it out a while longer as its only been six months since departing Rangers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most games you buy physically now is just you putting in the disc as an equivalent to entering the code. The game will then download and install everything onto your hard drive. From then on you're just entering the disc as conformation you still "own" it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, now I know what I will spend all my CL money on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Currently playing my first ever save on a full player database, 400k+. Its glorious spending hours sifting through everyone to find a gem. 3.2k for this dude, plus the eyebrows. Back-up 2. Bundesliga WBR. Bargain.

Too close to Mahow to be good.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaragoza season 1 (Segunda). At Christmas we were a tentative third and form dipped horribly thereafter, and we fell down as low as 8th at one point. However, the 5-3-2 was stuck with and gradually we managed to turn things around and clamber back up towards contention. Eibar were looking strong for 2nd for a while and I was thinking that a playoff place was the best we could hope for, but then they decided to collapse entirely and with about 10 games to go we found ourselves in a race principally against Leganés and a rampant Sporting Gijón, who came from absolutely nowhere with a new manager to spank everyone and force their way towards the top.

The last ten games were absolute agony, with some truly dogshit performances being turned in, mainly against relegation teams, whose method of just popping long straight balls over our back three and pushed-on wing backs was far more effective than the tippy-tappy stuff played by the top sides. That we manaegd to drag ourselves over the line and into La Liga was down to two factors: firstly that our rivals were a bunch of spineless gimps, and secondly the ludicrous performances of teenage centre forward Iván Azón. I promoted this geezer into the starting lineup from the youth team at the start of the season basically because we didn't have much money to buy anyone better, but as the season went on, he turned into this talismanic Drogba-esque figure, able to drag us through whole runs of games on his own. I don't know if heading in general is overpowered in this edition or if he's just a maestro, but it was like having prime Les Ferdinand on the end of our wing-backs' crosses, while his general play (he's a Pressing Forward playing alongside a mostly useless Poacher) was monstrous as well. Azón ended with 28 league goals, beaten only by Huesca's Paraguayan goal machine, Isidro Pitta, who filled (geddit) his boots with 31.

Otherwise, the main feature of the season was that we hardly had any injuries at all and managed to play pretty much the same first XI all year, which was a bit unusual to be honest. The bad news is that I'm not sure this formation is going to stand up to the big boys in La Liga (if Championship to Prem is a big step up, Segunda to La Liga feels unbelievably huge) so I'll have to come up with a much more solid defensive setup to use in certain games next year. I'll also need to get rid of a huge amount of shite that currently pads out the squad and use our quite limited resources to add some quality which will give us a chance to stay up. There is a large amount of good young talent at the club (our U19 side won the cup) so things are somewhat looking optimistic but, yeah, La Liga. I dunno.

Final table:

The Prince of Aragon:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.

Toggle Spoiler

The Welsh Pochettino.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossing/heading is definitely too strong in this version, and it was even worse on beta.