User Tag List

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's basically the pointless letters and things which I need gone. Who the fuck are LOSC, for example? The world knows them as Lille.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Still set pieces DS? They rarely fix those between beta and launch.
    Nah, direct passing and physical beast strikers. Removed my set pieces as its stupidly easy using them.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just hovered over the Steam icon on my taskbar but I've zero inclination to play this.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Nah, direct passing and physical beast strikers.
    So Piccoli every save again then.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    So Piccoli every save again then.

Here's a pkm to show you how fucked it is:

https://easyupload.io/a947l8

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be years late to this, but FC Andorra look a good club/country option in the Spanish leagues for those who are into that sort of thing (I have never noticed their existence before).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're the ones Pique owns I think?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. And they don't actually have any Andorran first team players, but presumably they would do from the academy as the game progresses.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any youth product is eligible as they have it at least as a second nationality, I am pretty sure.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that want pain, there is the FC Vaduz challenge.

They are one of 7 teams from Lichtenstein, but they all play in the Swiss league. Because they aren't Swiss, then can't qualify for Europe through the Swiss league system. The only Lichtensteiner competition is a cup between the 7 teams. The winner of this cup goes into the qualifying rounds of the Europa League.

This means that the only way into the Champions League with the team is to win the Europa League. Then after that the only way to stay in the Champions League is to win it again, or come 3rd in your group and win the Europa League again.

There are 6 other clubs you can do this challenge with, but most of those are in the 4th or 5th tier of Swiss football and I believe Vaduz are in the 2nd division.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could the coefficients get influenced by one club being super awesome? I guess probably not with such a small number of clubs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the level Lichtenstein are at? I'd say so but they'll never be able to change the amount of spots they get as it's hardcoded in the game due to them having no league.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liechtenstein is an anomaly when it comes to coefficients. All the other countries can work their way up the list in theory, but not them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on starting unemployed with no experience and seeing where I end up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's my plan too. Although I am kind of disappointed of how the starting rep works (ever since they inexplicably changed how automatic reputation worked), so I am half-thinking of adding some lower greek leagues if they are currently available, taking over my local side (which I think are in the fourth tier?) and then build a journeyman save on that basis.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile is out today too. It allows five leagues now, up from three.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah, that's my plan too. Although I am kind of disappointed of how the starting rep works (ever since they inexplicably changed how automatic reputation worked), so I am half-thinking of adding some lower greek leagues if they are currently available, taking over my local side (which I think are in the fourth tier?) and then build a journeyman save on that basis.
    How have they changed it?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long has the Latvian league been in the game? I didn't think they'd added one for about 15 years.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How have they changed it?
    It used to put you at the lowest reputation of the leagues you've loaded more or less. I'd say six or seven years ago, they changed it and it seems to be a kind of weighted system instead, which effectively means it gives you a higher rep than it used to. Mind you I haven't tried it in a while so maybe that's not the case anymore.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I think you're right as it seemed a bit different when I had a journeyman game on FM21.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Mobile is out today too. It allows five leagues now, up from three.
    Shame it's terrible. I have been dabbling with Touch 21 whilst I mull over a laptop purchase but even that is pretty shallow. So irritated they didn't continue developing Touch across platforms.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slough Town - 29/30 - Early Season Update

So with our first Premier League season imminent, I needed to drastically upgrade the squad to be ready for the challenge. Having a look through the PL squads made me pretty worried - the ability level was way above ours, with even mid-table teams boasting some incredible talents throughout.

Even with a decent transfer and wage budget available to me, it quickly became clear that my reputation was really not enough to attract the level of player ready for the Premier League. It was quite disheartening, especially with the transfer window closing very early (as it does on FM19), before I'd even played my first game of the season. I did my best and recruited a few loanees, as well as some young internationals with good potential.

Firstly, I went out to improve the defence and picked up Denis Brecko from Maribor. He's extremely pacey but does have a few holes in his game, but at 21 (when we signed him), he's got room to grow. Only cost £800k too due to a release clause.

More options became available in the loan market, and I was able to snap up a first-team right back from Bayern for the season, by the name of Gerhard Conrad. He was labelled a wonderkid when we picked him up but hasn't performed particularly well so far. Nevertheless, he's staying first choice for the time being and hopefully will improve.

Blackburn had a young central midfielder on the transfer list and available for a cut-price £900k, so I swooped in to bolster the ranks. The brilliantly named Eustace Bernard will operate as a deep lying playmaker in a midfield 3 when playing. Unfortunately he picked up an injury that's kept him out for a month.

I dipped back into the loan market to strengthen the wingers. Dennis Ball has been absolutely brilliant in our rise through the leagues but he really isn't a PL-standard player, so I brought in Vincent Olivier on a season-long loan deal from Lyon. He looks remarkably good for 18 and hopefully will improve throughout the season.

The last notable signing I made was a striker, and it was a real struggle to find anyone of real PL quality to join. I had to go for more of a young talent by the name of Michal Kovac, who signed for £800k from MSK Zilina. At 19, he looks quite good but so far he has completely blanked and it may be a bit too much of a step up. Hopefully he can turn it around as the season goes on.

We brought in another loan winger and a veteran CM (Morten Thorsby) for some experience, and the rest of the summer signings were youth prospects who are either out on loan or in the Under 23s. This is how the start of the season has panned out...

It's not been ideal, that's for sure. Opening day was a tough home loss to Leicester, who have somehow managed to get Erling Haaland in on loan - he scored a debut hat trick. We played really well away to Manchester United but their quality told eventually. Then the Swansea game was really crushing. We made a number of chances but couldn't take any of them, and they were brutally clinical. We followed that up by matching Sheffield United throughout at Bramall Lane. As they were promoted with us, I was hopeful that we would get our first point(s) here, but they scored in the 87th and 91st minutes to take the win.

After the international break, it somehow got worse. Chelsea were rampant, and could have scored more. Their squad is frighteningly good and the 5-3-2 they play was devastating. We matched Burnley in a tight contest in the next game, but somehow conceded one of those freak FM goals - my CB lost the ball to a slide tackle from the forward and my keeper watched it trickle into the net past his feet from 15 yards out. Utterly infuriating, and 6 losses from 6.

However, since then, there have been some shoots of recovery. A stodgy goalless draw away at Bournemouth, who were 19th at the time, and a really impressive home win against Blackburn. A solid clean sheet and a better attacking performance, although we definitely still need to do better at converting the chances we create. All of this leaves the table as follows:

A couple of final points before I delve further into the season:
    • Our new home stadium was finally completed in September. We're back home in Slough, playing at the Warren Harris Arena, and we've sold out all 3 games there so far. A request for an expansion might not be far away.
    • The two cup wins were actually very helpful in ensuring the morale of the squad wasn't completely destroyed. Beating Norwich is also a good omen for our PL fixtures later in the year, as they played a strong side.
    • Going down won't be the worst thing, as long as we put up a fight. We've been promoted really early, with a low reputation and a squad that has a lot of holes. I think it happened to both Adra and Yev as they attempted their climbs up the English pyramid, so it'll just be a chance to rebuild and try again.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Shame it's terrible. I have been dabbling with Touch 21 whilst I mull over a laptop purchase but even that is pretty shallow. So irritated they didn't continue developing Touch across platforms.
    I love it. I don't have the patience for the full game these days. It lets me scout youngsters, buy players and pick my team. I'm not really bothered about much else. I tried Touch a few years back and there was too much going on even in that for me to be bothered with.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I have to do all that faff again now for the real names etc now its not the beta or will it be the same once the game has downloaded (again?!)

I just tried loading up, I assumed the watermark would be gone but alas, it's having to download the lot.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You usually have to redo that stuff with every patch, so probably yes.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 09-11-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Table looking silly lads

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what happened here.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding this a real struggle. For the difficulty of the game to be worth my time it simply has to process much, much faster than it does, and there has to be far, far less admin to do. I have it set for my staff to do almost everything but there are still endless pointless meetings, 100 loan offers a day coming in, etc.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can usually go into the preferences and adjust the processing speed. For some reason it isn't always set to fastest.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Finding this a real struggle. For the difficulty of the game to be worth my time it simply has to process much, much faster than it does, and there has to be far, far less admin to do. I have it set for my staff to do almost everything but there are still endless pointless meetings, 100 loan offers a day coming in, etc.
    I used 'Fastest' in the preferences but also, add 10 second auto timer thingymajig so the game pretty much autoplays until the next Must Respond news item.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in regards to the loan offers, it was a bit ridiculous last version too so I just set it to "Unavailable for loan" on any players I wasn't interested in loaning out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Sociedad and for some reason I have to deal with a million loan offers for the B and C squads, which I can't seem to give away the responsibility of. It's practically game-breaking.

Edit: Hopefully Adra's way will fix it.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 09-11-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Millwall just made the biggest signing of the summer.

Last edited by Smjffy; 09-11-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I love mobile.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would only buy Touch if it had an iPad version so tempted by the mobile one. Last time I played it though it was basically a click through for the most part.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed this today. The match engine (2D only for me) seems jerky, and everything seems slower, so I've gone back to my save on '21.

Most likely this one is just a step too far for my creaky ol' piece of shit laptop. My few hours clicking about didn't suggest I'll be missing out on a great deal, though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally starting. Going in jobless

Last edited by Mike; 10-11-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to reading the updates chaps. I appear to have dropped a clanger in going all out to bring in Minamino.....I can't afford to give anyone else new deals and that's been all that has been asked for much of the first half of the campaign. Greedy bastards. I've caused a right stink amongst a few influential players. ARGH! *Shakes Fist*

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may try and give this a go for the first time in a decade.

1) are all the face packs and logos, additional add-ons?
    2) is it stupid complicated now? I dont want to attend press conferences every single day

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I may try and give this a go for the first time in a decade.

1) are all the face packs and logos, additional add-ons?
    2) is it stupid complicated now? I dont want to attend press conferences every single day

1) Yes. https://sortitoutsi.net/ has everything you need.
    2) It can be but you can also delegate a large amount of things, like press conferences. I dont think I have done one, outside the initial ones, since they introduced them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the thing asked me to do hand gestures in a meeting I had to laugh. Well, not in the meeting. I didn't laugh there. In the meeting I opened my arms.

Meetings. Meetings. I mean if you could have an affair with your secretary in the loading time it would be one thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the thing asked me to do hand gestures in a meeting I had to laugh. Well, not in the meeting. I didn't laugh there. In the meeting I opened my arms.

Meetings. Meetings. I mean if you could have an affair with your secretary in the loading time it would be one thing.
    I think I used hand gestures like 5 times in FM21 and it was always to yell at people. In terms of meetings I basically skip everything that doesn't have negative effects to the squad if I do so.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hand gestures?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading into the final game of the season, we just need to match QPR's result to secure a playoff place. Our opponents? You just know what is going to happen.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying out something stupid. Eleven players, all on Attack duty.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was once a football management game, possibly called FA Premier League Football Manager, where aside from managing a football team you could have a girlfriend/wife/family and spend your money on houses, cars and boats.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Hand gestures?
    They replaced the calmly/reluctantly and stuff in press conferences/team talks with like 10 different hand gestures last version, in the most pointless addition to the game ever.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 10-11-2021 at 09:27 PM.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 games to go and it's getting tense.

Won the last match 1-0 with the opposition getting an 83rd minute goal disallowed. Fluking my way to the title and promotion...hopefully.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're selling yourself short there. Your GD is bigger than the next three teams combined.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point.

Is my team performing well or are they just performing shit. Probably a bit of both.