User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, but its only been tested with my stupid 1CB, 3SC formation. Its imperative the corner taker is that sided WB (or FB I guess), to the opposite side WB/FB on a short corner. Also WB/FB take throw in on their side.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also here is the tactic, but you have to build the team to its strengths (tall strikers, Lucca is immense), workhorse CMs, tall physical HB, fast dribbling crossing WBs (you can use wingers here).

https://ufile.io/ezayy4ek

And you will still get the odd battering, as seen below:

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi friends.

On the old FM I could select only interested players when searching for new players.

Can I do that on the modern version or has it been removed?

Ta

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you go to Scouting > players > player search it should be on the right near the filters.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you have an assistant manager that is, otherwise the options are greyed out. Unless they changed that in this version, I haven't checked.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it’s like loan/transfer interest: doubtful, unsure, interested etc.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks chaps, I'll take a gander tomorrow.

I'm nearly at the half way point in my second season with my Chilean bastards. Shall post a mid season update.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured I'd move my FM 19 updates with Slough Town over to the new thread. I may jump onto FM 22 at some point (as I have GamePass) but the Slough save is keeping me going for now.

Slough Town - 28/29 - End of Season Update

In my last update, we were on the back of a really good unbeaten run over Christmas and only 2 points off of the automatic spots as we entered January. And of course, we entered our worst run of form of the season immediately, a spell of 9 games without a league win. In fact, the whole second half of the season was fairly streaky, as we followed that up with 5 wins on the trot to suddenly rekindle hopes of automatic promotion. As it was, we fell away a little as the season came to a close with a disappointing run of draws.

The initial run of poor form through January was very frustrating, as we were still creating a lot of chances and on occasion, dominating opponents, but we were conceding incredibly sloppy goals and missing a number of clear cut chances. The Northampton Town loss was the most infuriating - 2-0 up early on and coasting, and then we conceded 3 in about 8 minutes to their only 3 shots on target all game. They were 22nd at the time and it was our first home loss of the season.

Our cup run was fairly fortuitous, losing to the first Premier League side we faced, but we actually were fairly dominant against Newcastle, and only lost due to a free kick from about 25 yards out.

Form wasn't good enough to push for the automatic spots, with Sheffield United and Southampton taking the top 2 positions, Southampton beating Wolves 3-2 in the penultimate game to leapfrog them. 5th place is a great effort though, and even if we do fail in the playoffs, I didn't expect this from only our 2nd season in the Championship.

Crucially, however, our talisman Dennis Ball got injured in the Sheffield Wednesday game, and is now out for another month with a broken toe. We'll have to manage the playoffs without him and we really don't have a good left wing option in his place. In his 8 seasons at the club, he hasn't had an injury keep him out for longer than 3 weeks..... until now. Gutting.

We beat West Brom 2-0 at home in December, and lost 1-0 away in the penultimate game, so it's shaping up to be an even tie. I'd put us as slight underdogs as we've been on some dodgy form, but anything can happen....

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyway of me playing the old FM games on MAC? Specifically the 05-07 era.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Is there anyway of me playing the old FM games on MAC? Specifically the 05-07 era.
    Could run it through https://www.parallels.com or something similar via Steam

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have caught a few of his videos lately and he seems like he really knows what he is talking about on FM in general but in this video he shows a skin he worked with someone to develop. Looks like a massive improvement over the standard skin

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the stuff looks kind of pointless to me if I am honest. Just a lot of things that look fancy but won't change anything for me. I am not really a fan of trying to like fit the highest possible amount of information in a single screen, feels just too bloated.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the other way. I feel like there is a lot of blank space they could use. Going to give it a try and see how it works out though

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's down to preference of course. What really struck me as unneeded and definitely ugly though was the color scheme in the tactics, depending on the player's position. That alone makes the skin a no-go for me personally.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That did stick out to me too but I think I would need to use it to see if I hate it/its worth the trade off.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think it doesn't make that much sense if I am honest, even if we get past the appearance. If I play a formation with two wing-backs and a DM, are they really in the same category? At least for me they aren't.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the playoffs. With the home leg first, I was hopeful for a solid result to take to the Hawthorns in 3 days time. The first half was pretty dire, with no real chances for either side. Pushing on a positive mentality helped in the second half and we created a lot more. We deserved the win and probably should have put another opportunity away but the West Brom keeper made a few great saves late on.

Could we hold on in the second leg?

Toggle Spoiler

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 01.
    Toggle Spoiler

Derby County - Season 2022/2023

After waving the white flag early doors last season, our stint in League One was always going to be one of change. The aging rear guard all left for pastures new, high earner Tom Lawrence left for Reading for £250,000 which was decent given he only had 21 days left on his contract, he would have taken the 25% decrease in wages due to us being relegated but he was far from irreplaceable. Louie Sibley joined West Ham for £8M rising to just over £10m, the Hammers even offered to loan him back for a season once the deal had been struck so we snatched their hands off.

Summer signing Erik Palmer-Brown came, saw, conquered then left for Charlotte for £5.5M, an easy sacrifice given our past form with financial mismanagement, you just can't turn that down for a free signing. Akin Famewo (Loan - Norwich), Harry Toffolo (£190k - Huddersfield), Tyler Walker (£275K - Coventry) and Dane Scarlett (Loan - Tottenham) were just some of the success stories in what was a very rewarding campaign that saw us break records left, right and centre. None more so than freebie signing and new number one, Matija Sarkic (£34K - Wolves) who broke a club record for most clean sheets, a record that hadn't been bettered since the 1970's.

We shall not be moved indeed.

An immediate return and we do so in much better shape than last season both on the pitch and financially. A nice £12M transfer budget available too with a huge excess in our wage budget. Prudent.

In the domestic cups our luck wasn't quite with us as Mansfield raced into a 3-0 lead to knock us out of the FA Cup first round, 3-2 while Bradford's 91st minute equaliser gave them a lifeline in the EFL second round before they went on to eliminate us on pens. At least there was the EFL Trophy though, we eased through our group with 1-0 win over Fleetwood, a 0-0 penalty victory against Manchester City U23's and Salford 4-0. Mansfield were first up in the knock out rounds, a 2-0 win gained a small measure of revenge for the FA Cup loss, a victory by the same score line saw us defeat Tottenham U23's but we came undone in the quarter finals as Dylan Levitt's sole strike was enough for Man United U23's to progress at our expense. They went on to win the whole thing beating Rotherham in the final.

Promotion was always the sole goal but it was nice to do so by recording a club record most points in a season (98), most league wins (30), most clean sheets (28), in fact, we hadn't conceded a single goal in League One until match day 8. The same day our unbeaten run ended as it happens. Screw you Rotherham.

We did have to wait a while to claim the title officially despite being so far ahead, this was largely in part to winning only one league game throughout April, three draws and two defeats could have proven to be the ultimate bottle job if Doncaster and Wayne Rooney's Huddersfield had capitalised.

Next season is still up in air, it could be nice to see if we can challenge for the playoffs with a few additions but equally, a move could be on the cards as this doesn't have to be a one club save.

All in all though, top effort. On we go.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a word.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to reach the conclusion of Season 2.

We have performed massively above all expectations and found ourselves sat here with 1 game to go

We got this in the lead up
    Toggle Spoiler

We had Palace in the final game and went in with a CM retrained to play RB, first choice CB, first choice CB in need of a fitness test and 3rd choice LB. This happened:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Billy Sass-Davies, I tried for ages to snap him up back in League 2 and he decided to go to Plymouth instead.

Cracking season though Danny, and good luck in the playoffs. I've just played my final....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely! Whats the plan? Cant imagine that much goes too far!

We drew West Brom in the playoffs. After a 0-0 at home we went to the Hawthorns expecting a tough game. The task got a little easier after 30 minutes when CB Cedric Kipre was sent off, or so I thought. We huffed and puffed for 90 more minutes but couldnt get the break through.

Onto penalties to decide the winner. In a game where every shootout I have seen on YT has taken forever this was over quickly. 3-0. Call the bus company, Wembley awaits!

Toggle Spoiler

Full Season Review

Cups

Toggle Spoiler

Squad

Toggle Spoiler

Youth Intake
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First game of the season

Edit. It gets better

Zidane is their manager (took over in march), they have a good squad and really shouldnt be in the Champ. Kane and Son left after relegation. What the actual fuck.
    Last edited by Danny; 05-11-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Tom Lowery

Let's see your squad.... I'm 5 games into my Championship season and struggling.

Still, always good to find a forriner with a proper English name...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I have caught a few of his videos lately and he seems like he really knows what he is talking about on FM in general but in this video he shows a skin he worked with someone to develop. Looks like a massive improvement over the standard skin
    Love Zealand he got my head around fm again.

Ill be using that skin for sure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It would have been a bridge too far had the fairy tale actually happened. We would have gone back down and that would have put my job as risk I think.
    That rarely happens when you earn an unexpected promotion in my experience. The club's reputation is so low that even the board thinks it's impossible to stay up basically.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Super Tom Lowery

Let's see your squad.... I'm 5 games into my Championship season and struggling.
    Added to the season review a couple of posts up. We have since sold Richards to Burnley (I think someone else posted here about Prem teams buying lower league keepers for no reason..... ) and Daniels has done his cruciate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah both me and Smjffy had the goalkeeper thing happen in the previous version, so it seems it's still there.

I could see it if they were buying your main keeper to have as backup, but them signing your backups is nonsensical.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None playing 29/30 year old backup. It makes no sense.

He was already getting a bit edgy about "wanting a new challenge" but when a Premier League team comes in asking him to sit on their, probably more comfortable, bench, I think my hands are tied.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah both me and Smjffy had the goalkeeper thing happen in the previous version, so it seems it's still there.

I could see it if they were buying your main keeper to have as backup, but them signing your backups is nonsensical.
    Osian Harding.

Just loading up now, I think I'm going to stick it out with Derby for the upcoming season and see if we can go up at the first attempt as there isn't many jobs available at the moment. Sunderland is after losing in the play offs, I'm wondering if Palace lose the Championship playoff final then maybe that'll be enough for them to sack Vieira.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slough Town - 29/30 - Off Season Update

A quick look at the heroes that dragged us to an unlikely playoff final victory.

The continuity in the squad has really helped us play above our station, but I think this will be a summer of real turnover in the squad. Disappointingly, all of the loanees have returned to their clubs - I would have loved to have kept Della Rocca in central midfield, and unfortunately Rangers already signed Morgan Lomas on a Bosman before I was able to discuss terms with him. The transfer values of all the players have since updated (and inflated) due to our promotion, so I'm looking to sell a fair few of the old guard. Kingsley Brown has already departed to League 1 newcomers Crystal Palace, and 5 year veteran Lukas Puntigam has been sold to Rotherham for £375k. It was hard for me to accept the sale as he was truly key to the side for a number of seasons but we have to move on and improve the squad for the Premier League relegation battle that is bound to occur.

Dimitris Papadopoulos continues to impress and now has a new £20k p/w, 5 year deal. He was EFL Young Player of the Year for the second season in a row and continues to outperform everyone else in the squad. And Dennis Ball has a new contract too, as he enters his 9th season with the club. Another 10 goal season for the left winger and I've loved having a player stick with the club and improve thoroughly during our rise through the divisions. He might not be first choice next season but he'll be getting a fair amount of game time to make his mark on the Prem.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernandez Vial : 2022 : Mid Season Update

Chilean First Division B

We've reached the halfway stage and it's safe to say we're massively outperforming our preseason expectations. Despite this, the current form is a right pisser. The last match we were playing against 10 men and had a penalty saved. Fuckers.

This is the league standings so far. Considering the media predicted us to be bottom of the table, we're doing very well.

The results so far. Undefeated until the last two matches.

This is the squad so far. Growing quite attached to them and not sure if maybe i'll stay for another season if we manage to get promoted.

Some of my key players:

This fella is without doubt my star player. Plays the attacking midfielder position behind the striker. Just a shame he's 32 and not 22. Especially as I'm ageist.

A very solid box to box midfielder. One of the first names on the team sheet.

My stand out performer in defence. So much so that i've got bigger clubs sniffing around him at the mo.

As I push on into the 2nd half of the season, the board seem very happy and have offered me a new contract.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against my better judgement I bought this. Have pissed about for a while and can already tell it's probably a mistake after being so used to 2012. How much superfluous bollocks can they cram in?

Will give it a go properly when I'm not confined to a laptop but not sure I'll be able to get into it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got it, first version since 2019, and I could really do without all the meetings. Might as well call it 'Diary Secretary 2022'.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 01.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 02.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 03.

After speaking to Shaun Bailey about the clubs long term goals, the new chairman simply couldn't satisfy me that he wanted to take The Rams to the promise land so I promised to land a bombshell on his table the following day.

Although he was courteous, it was hollow words. Perhaps it was his inexperience, or mine but I was Smjffy and I just landed a league title so, you know, gotta look after ones 'stock'. I decided a holiday abroad to catch some rays would be a good idea only I got turned away for looking like Steve Buscemi in Mr Deeds.

But then an intriguing offer landed in my inbox and the financial package was enough to overlook the fact that they are a bit of a cuntish club. I could change that, perhaps even alter the perception but ultimately, it'll be a short term affair, I imagine.

Oof.

Millwall, just like Derby, were relegated dead last in the Championship last season and an inconsistent start to life in League One meant they departed with Luis Freire. No one should have been surprised given the 38 year old had never shown himself to be a long term option in any of his previous jobs, barely lasting a year in his last five positions.

On we go.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking stuff, Smiffster.

Re mine, well i'm getting excited.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm imagining Santiago Evening struggling lower down the pyramid.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have parent clubs complaining to you about loan players not being played in the agreed position - even through they are??

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Anyone have parent clubs complaining to you about loan players not being played in the agreed position - even through they are??
    Not a parent club, but yes had a loan player recalled for exactly this reason, despite me playing him in his position. One was quite peeved.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 01.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 02.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 03a.
    Toggle Spoiler

Season 3b.

Millwall - 2023/2024

The Lions were sitting in 13th place after 15 matches before the Welsh Dragon took control of the reigns, twelve points off table toppers Sunderland but with enough of the season left to turn things around and challenge for the playoffs at least. The media had put Millwall down for a 4th place finish at the start of the campaign so I assumed the quality was there somewhere.

With just twenty four hours to go until the first game of the new management, it was suggested that we'd take things slowly instead of tearing up everything from the get-go but what was the point when last seasons efforts with Derby County were still fresh in mind? No point so we told the players what we expected and quite frankly, if they didn't abide by it, they'd be out in the January window.

All that said, we beat AFC Wimbledon 2-1, a nice start. We followed it up with a 5-0 win over Northampton in the FA Cup first round, then wholesale changes for the clubs final EFL Trophy game saw a 0-0 draw against Portsmouth turn into a penalty shootout win which put us through to to the knockouts. The well rested first team however returned to action a few days later and got done over 1-0 by Oxford. We beat Leyton to 'turn the corner' only to get smashed 6-3 away to Sheffield Wednesday. Annoying as we took the lead twice.

December hit and the pace picked up but so did the victories, we started the festive period with a 1-1 draw at home to Blackpool then recorded eight on the bounce with six coming in the league. The turn of the year saw no change as we defeated Charlton (5-0) and Wycombe (4-1) which meant our next match, in the EFL Trophy saw us with a chance to make history. Not since 1928 had Millwall won ten on the spin, we'd matched that and now had a chance to surpass it against Fulham U23's. Four goals later and we did exactly that.

It ended the following game however, along with our participation in the FA Cup as Lincoln eased past us 4-2. No drama as success was never on the cards and the league was where our priorities lay. 7 points out of 9 for the remainder of the month continued our good work. Shrewsbury freed up a few dates by knocking us out of the EFL Trophy quarter finals.

February saw us sitting in 3rd place and four wins in five cemented it but March was going to be the decisive one.

Ten games from greatness?

Avoiding defeat against those in and around us was the aim but we'd been so used to winning that we felt we had more than half a chance.

And so it came to pass.

Rampant.

Sunderland taking the points at the Stadium of Light kept them in it but with the Wigan match being moved, we always had that game n hand. The Latics were eventually relegated but we still had to come from 2-0 down to defeat them which would have been an absolute bottle job as Blackburn were on the prowl.

It was Rovers who were our final opponents of the season in fact but at that point, a win for either side would have seen the victor crowned Champions.

Well, League One baby. Not only champions but we did so by recording a new club record for most points (96) Our golden oldie on this occasion was our goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski who at 36 years of age kept 20 clean sheets, a club record. He also became the oldest player in the clubs history in May 2024. Lovely.

The final record was Liam Cullen's 18 overall goals.

Transfers

Aaron Pierre and Mads Bidstrup were swiftly snapped up on free deals in the first few weeks of taking charge and we brought in Arsenal's David Oliver (Loan) on deadline day only for him to go and suffer a broken cheekbone in his first training session which ruled him out for over six weeks. He did eventually get on to the field but only managed five appearances.

Meanwhile, George Saville (St.Gallen £2.1M), Abdul Abdulmalik (Derby £165k), Junior Tiensia (Bolton £105k), Issac Olaofe (Plymouth £84K), Oliver Norwood (Sunderland £1M) and Michael Craig (Stoke £65K) all left the club. The fans weren't too pleased about some of them going but £4.4M in the coffers for players who were nearing the end of their contracts wasn't too shabby.

Anyways, who the hell are they to argue, they just got launched back to the Championship. Now do I accept the new deal or...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of Mads Bidstrup.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I'm a big fan of Mads Bidstrup.
    For some reason he ended up at Fluminense in my save.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper version should launch in 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now for the annual (or now closer to an Olympiad, as I flower into adulthood) soothing process of going through the editor trying to edit as many club names as possible to read as they should, which for some reason is an immersion red flag in my brain.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not download something to do that any more?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ME even more broken after the full release, love it

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    They make it into the full names, rather than the very precise set which I require. For more on the effects of autism, visit www.thethirdhalf.co.uk and click 'Log in'.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still set pieces DS? They rarely fix those between beta and launch.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Yes.

@Jimmy Floyd

EDIT: oh
    I'm a twit