Page 134 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,700 of 8636

Thread: General gaming discussion

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitman 3 is half-price on PSN at the minute. Played through the first mission but, in true Hitman style I caused a ruckus that my second target just had to check out. I love how opportunities just come to you in that series. Used the homing glitch to kill him through a wall with a screwdriver.

EDIT: Man, that Bond game's gonna be mint. Just got the last mission to beat. I really, really like this.
    Last edited by Shindig; 25-10-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deathloop finished.

Toggle Spoiler

It's a very good game but I don't love it the way I do the Dishonoreds.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone could get MHW: Iceborne and spend 200 hours getting to endgame so I have someone to play with, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to get a foothold in that game. Bought it years ago and then barely touched it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first game of Disco Elysium ended after about 10 minutes, seemingly due to a panic attack leading to a complete breakdown.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where was that? I've had that sort of game over but not quite that early.

My first run my guy managed to die of depression after a breakdown started off simply by inspecting the levers and such in Kim's car.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was attempting to
    Toggle Spoiler
    but bottled it and then quit.

From playing some more I think mashing the right dpad would have saved me, via magnesium.

I’m annoyed I skipped everything I did in the first run to go outside as soon as possible so when I needed a pen, something I was previously given for correctly answering a question, meant I had to bum one off Kim and now he thinks I’m even more of a dick than I am. Also nobody commented that I was only wearing trousers.

Thought I’d game overed again after reading something but Kim saved me.

Very strange game so far. Would be lying if I said it was fun.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go and knock Cuno out.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s class.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be like looking in a mirror.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just go and knock Cuno out.
    Good luck with that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish they'd show off the HUD in these things. Looks polished.
    Last edited by Shindig; 04-11-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    My first game of Disco Elysium ended after about 10 minutes, seemingly due to a panic attack leading to a complete breakdown.
    Okay so it seems I’ve been thinking about this game a lot despite game overing again last night, following a heart attack after knocking on a door.

I’ve no inclination to reload a save so I’m gonna start again, and because I’ve been doing it anyway, I’m gonna use hardcore mode. Lesssgo!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I'd be interested to know your character build or if you're just ignoring the signs that maybe you want to back away from some choices/thoughts until you're got a bit stronger.

Hardcore mode though. Madlad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that I had a single game over in my run through.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but you did get mugged off by Cuno which is like a couple of game overs in one.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay I'd be interested to know your character build or if you're just ignoring the signs that maybe you want to back away from some choices/thoughts until you're got a bit stronger.

Hardcore mode though. Madlad.
    I just pick the smart one. Encyclopaedia brain, not good with people.

I’m just getting the hang of it, don’t mind restarting a few times. Big fan of the truck driver who’s style I supposedly dig. And the woman in the bookshop needs hanging from the tree.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I don't think that I had a single game over in my run through.
    Scrap that, the uncomfortable chair did me once.

Yeah but you did get mugged off by Cuno which is like a couple of game overs in one.
    That was a different run that was aborted at that moment, so I refuse to count it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

I wish they'd show off the HUD in these things. Looks polished.
    That looks immense. Hopefully the openness doesn't negatively affect the Souls-like gameplay. The stealth elements were a little bit iffy too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to feel powerful for once after Sekiro.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this games bugged out and half the stuff I’ve collected isn’t in my inventory.

Ffs
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including the ledger

Time to restart again…
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this game buggy af or is hardcore mode more than just “if you die you can’t reload”?

Items just flat out don’t appear in my inventory. The casette case from the opening room, the pen from the old lady, the tools from the car (except the torch), my ledger when Kim gives it me back.

Ive restarted countless times (thankfully can check the cassette one fairly quickly) but can’t get the inventory to actually register all items.

EDIT: Quitting the game (as in closing the app on my Xbox) and starting a new game seems to have fixed it. Wish I’d realised stuff was missing earlier

edit2: maybe not. I started again so I could pick the selections I want in the opening bit and then when I picked up the cassette case it vanished. Will try again tomorrow. Literally been playing for 2 hours tonight with nothing to show for it. Fuck sake.
    Last edited by Baz; 04-11-2021 at 11:12 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall so much as one bug on PC so no idea if you've just had terrible luck or if the Xbox version is iffy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elden Ring seems kinda cool:

Vaguely Dark Souls vibe if it had a love child with Skyrim

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've tried a couple of things since finishing Deathloop.

- Wilmot's Warehouse. I can see the appeal if you want something slightly relaxing to focus the mind if you're inclined the right way but it's a little on the urgent side for me. I'd have liked more time to tidy up the stock between rounds so I'm starting from a stronger position rather than feeling like I'm constantly playing catch up. Fair play to it for doing so well though.

- Forza Horizon 4. I remember Matt Castle on RPS speaking of it highly, it's on Game Pass and every few years or so I go "Hey I should try a racing game!" This is just about arcadey enough for me but ultimately, as always, I realise unless it's something silly like Mario Kart racing games just aren't going to hold my attention. I enjoyed my little stint with it though. It does England very well and is a very pretty thing and there's a deep satisfaction to be had from battering into a dry stone wall.

I'm now onto Subnautica: Below Zero. It's very "if you liked Subnautica, you'll like this." Though I will say that while I'm wary of the depths for practical reasons having seen the first game's leviathans already I don't feel the same sense of unease in this as I push the limits of how deep I can swim. It's good though. A beautiful game and it still feels like a breath of fresh air (or not, as the case may be) just because you don't play many games where you spend this much time underwater. I do feel like it does a worse job than the original of directing you around the map in the first instance but I knew the early upgrades I was working my toward so I tied material hunting into exploring until I triggered some story stuff to give me a little more direction.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Elden Ring going to be insanely hard like Dark Souls supposedly is?

Cause otherwise it looks interesting.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. I think they should get away from that but, the second they do, the fans will start screaming. Being open world might offer some flexibility though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think they should go away from it to make it more accessible or do you think Dark Souls and its ilk specifically suffer?

Like, I tried a Dark Souls (3, maybe?) and it's not for me but I don't feel the need for it to be made easier so I can get into it. There are loads of games which are for me, so if there's a series or developer who made games for the people who like being kicked in the cunt until they learn the pattern then let 'em have it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't understand why you can't just add difficulty levels to accommodate for wimps like me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do for the most part agree with that but.... again, are there not enough games to suit everybody?

The point of their game IS the difficult, precise, unforgiving combat for me. Yeah there's some environmental storytelling and a bit of story going on but the nature of the combat seems to be the draw and what people are there for and everything else, other than perhaps the scale / spectacle of some of the enemies, is kinda just window dressing.

I'd say that's where it differs from something like Fallen Order, which was clearly trying to be a bit of a halfway house between Soulslikes and what you'd expect a Star Wars action game. You can't just wade in spamming the attack button because it will kick your ass if you do and different enemies need different strategies, etc. But ultimately Respawn wanted you to see the end of Fallen Order without having to smack your head off the wall to get there. The tougher-than-usual combat was a bit of spice but not the reason they expected you to be there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think they should go away from it to make it more accessible or do you think Dark Souls and its ilk specifically suffer?

Like, I tried a Dark Souls (3, maybe?) and it's not for me but I don't feel the need for it to be made easier so I can get into it. There are loads of games which are for me, so if there's a series or developer who made games for the people who like being kicked in the cunt until they learn the pattern then let 'em have it.
    Miyazaki's went on record saying he wants to make challenging games. You can't really make a challenging game without tampering with the game's difficulty. I've also went back to Dark Souls 3 recently and that's probably my least favourite one. I don't find the rest of them especially tough because I've got a weapon and a setup that can coast it. They should add options to tinker with difficulty. Even if it's more granular like Control's assists.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems pretty big budget though - surely the Souls games don't sell enough to cover that? GRR Martin is co-writing it or something. And most people don't go in for masochistic gaming struggles on their precious gaming time.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Souls games aren’t hard. It’s just a bunch of weebs pretending they are to act like they’re REAL gamers.

Sekiro meanwhile was genuinely unfair and dull because of it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Dark Souls is only hard because of what it withholds. Once you know what stuff is for, it just becomes a question of execution. Even then, it's an RPG and you can tip the numbers in your favour. Sekiro doesn't have that luxury so it's all about execution. I really, really hate it for that.

As for the sales, they have Bandai Namco backing them and the souls games have done well. 30m sales throughout the series. A further 5m for Sekiro and 2m for Bloodborne. According to VGChartz which isn't all that accurate.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 2m for Bloodborne? I was under the impression it was by far their biggest seller. Crazy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's difficult to track sales these days with digital sales. 2.64m as of February 2017.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Dark Souls games aren’t hard. It’s just a bunch of weebs pretending they are to act like they’re REAL gamers.

Sekiro meanwhile was genuinely unfair and dull because of it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a cancer doctor now. Dark Souls 3 continues to be slightly shit. I forget how little protection that game gives you against enemy strikes. Everything hits like a truck. I'm going to grind, beef up my weapons and look to equip some heavy armour in the late game. To make myself feel better, Challenger Andy has been doing an All Gael Run (every enemy is the toughest boss in the game) and he's maybe two bosses down.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    He's a cancer doctor now.
    I heard that! Liquid Chris was so funny. I occasionally randomly smile to myself thinking of his videos. Perfectly executed trolling, while somehow being wholesome.

Also funny how well up you are on the whole thing.

The A Comprehensive History documentary maker is on hiatus until early next year and has left me hanging, after watching 59(!) episodes. Just getting into the "Idea Guys" saga too, so it's about to go really bleak, but nothing compared to recent stuff.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I got what I needed from some of the videos that covered the early stuff. Liquid Chris is the peak, though. All the other trolling feels mean whereas that was entertaining.

I'm fully back into the swing of Dark Souls 3. I'm only really doing this to beat the two DLCs but I'm reminded that game has a lot of quality bosses. I'm also really looking forward to the annual 'We're not reviewing owt over the Christmas period' so I can get back into pushing my backlog down.

Allocating your estus flasks? Oh, they really did use Dark Souls 3 as a base for this.
    Last edited by Shindig; 10-11-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right into the swing of Subnautica On Ice now. At a nice point where I've always got a couple of things I'm looking to build and a couple of points of interest for me to work toward exploring.

The leviathans definitely don't have the same impact if you've seen the first game though. Unless there's something more horrible to come than the nastiest one in Subnautica but this has the feel of a (fun) content pack rather than a brand new game so I suspect that won't be happening.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read a thing about Blood Bowl there and I realised I kinda miss it. It could be an enormously frustrating game and there's not a chance I'd be spending that amount of time on one game against randoms anyway but still, I had some fun times and will likely never make the effort to learn a game as dense as that again.
    Last edited by Ian; 12-11-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Knights of the Old Republic. Died 3 times in 45 minutes. This game is hard as balls.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a revisit or your first time?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revisit but a revisit from when it originally came out. I forgot Metroid dread exists so bought that instead.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metroid Dread is also hard as fuck. Fun game though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I fancy getting it whenever Nintendo decide to drop the price on it.