Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use Gyazo still. Find it the faster solution for my liking.

Sharex is also good, I use it for work on Linux, not sure why I haven't been using it on Windows.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gyazo. Piss easy.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not sure about the other two mentioned but this one gets my vote. You can grab a specific area and it auto uploads.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye gyazo does the same thing, it's just a lot more basic, while sharex also lets you edit and stuff.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    How are people screenshot'ing their games? F12? I used to use alt+F9 on fm11 but doesn't seem to work on the modern versions.
    Alt+F4 mate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a different note, in FM21 everytime VAR was called for a potential offside, the goal was offside. I am like 3 months in and 5 out of 5 have been awarded. Granted it's a small sample but that kind of 180 turn seems so common in game development.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Alt+F4 mate.
    Nice try sweetcheeks.

Ps. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use greenshot whenever I want to upload anything. Select the area and upload to IMGUR.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly yoloed the transfers as I just wanted to see the match engine and play around with tactics. Basically replicated a 4-2-3-1 I was playing in FM21. Direct passing and high tempo didn't do it this time, but swapping to shorter passing, lower tempo and working the ball into the box seems to do the trick.

A few quick notes:
    - The match engine on the whole looks a lot better, if you are not doing any DS shenanigans. There doesn't seem to be any prevalent type of scoring/conceding like the long over the top balls from last season. I am also glad to see that the wingers don't shoot from stupid angles like they did before. The thing with players targetting the woodwork persists though, which is a long-term pet peeve of mine.
    - VAR decisions actually seem more varied this time around. In FM21, if VAR was checking for offside it was always an offside, if it was checking for a penalty it was a penalty 9/10 times (although that sort of rings true to reality) and if it was checking if the foul was in the box or not, it was almost always out (even when the 3D engine had both players completely inside the box). No more such shenanigans so far.
    - Goalkeepers still seem a bit wonky, which has been a problem with FM since the start of time, but it's not too big a deal.
    - They seem to have toned down the silly amount of 6-7 goal wins of the big teams vs the small ones.
    - I haven't been rotating much, so I expected players to complain, but it's just way too many. I currently have 10 unhappy players in a team that's 3rd in the league. Seems a bit over the top.
    - I really like the new value system. The old one was essentially meaningless, but now all the players I signed, I did for a price around their estimated value. The only time a team declined to sell for that price, there was actually a "message" in red in the transfer window to the tune of "Flamengo are not willing to sell in the middle of the season". Top notch job if you ask me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Chileans responded in emphatic style.

Which means the table looks like this with 2 games to go.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've Gotti chance of staying up.

Who's the standout player and who are your last two opponents?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not with his scoring record. 4 in 21 appearances this season.

This fella is supposed to be my star player, but I've got other players performing better average ratings.

Did however just get our first crop of YTS players come through. Two of them seem to have potential (for our level).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results since I've taken over and my last two games still to play,

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got this. What's the sorting rules? Goal difference or head-to-head?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create a club save is going to be put on held until the full version is out but in the mean time I've given it a crack with Derby County.

Derby County - 2021/2022

Bottom of the division due to the 12 point deduction but a good start should see that put right and I was optimistic after a pretty decent pre-season although knowing I have both Ravel Morrison and former Liverpool forward Bobby Duncan in the first team, I anticipated a bit of dressing room aggro. It hasn't materialised yet but if we don' turn the corner in the next month or two then I imagine a fuss will be kicked up.

I shouldn't be overly harsh on Ravel as he did score against Liverpool, Sam Baldock levelled for us in stoppage time.

We aren't completely useless which is reassuring.

August.

Not bad and we find ourselves drawn against Man United in the 3rd round, at Old Trafford too so it might be a little money spinner. Not much but we're going to be repaying over £350K a month and the debt is already over £50,000,000.

Takeover has been mooted, a new administrator brought in to oversee things but we'll see. Survival is the only aim of the game as we can't sign anyone anyway due to the transfer embargo.

Nathan Byrne is hammering in the crosses as per DS's instructions but I don't really know if it has helped much. We're quite an old side too so hopefully we can get some decent youngsters through. Jagielka (39), David Marshal (36), Curtis Davies (36), Colin Kazim-Richards (35), Richard Stearman (34), Cra.....you get the picture. They'll be crippled by time the festive period arrives for sure.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You got this. What's the sorting rules? Goal difference or head-to-head?
    Goal difference is the sorting rule, then goals scored.

Played our penultimate match.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like you're safe though. You play an already relegated team and you basically just need a draw. And even if you don't get that, it'd take both the 14th and 15th teams winning for you to get relegated.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final game of the season. Will it be relegation or mid table mediocrity?

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game could have saved you the bother of shitting yourself with all those points deductions rolling in.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too shabby. Definitely benefited from half the big teams being garbage though. 69 points just shouldn't be enough for Champions League football. Not that it matters, I was only playing this one season to see the game and try stuff.

My signings (which I really didn't put much effort into, just signed the first competent player I came across in the position I was looking for):

Livakovic (GK) for 15m, Sule (DC) for 16.5m and Mancini (DC) for 23.5m were absolute steals. Barbosa (ST) and Raphinha (AML) were also definitely worth their fees with 33 goals and 17 assists between the pair of them.

Overall, I am actually very hyped for this version. Usually it's just more of the same with just some pointless new features, but the improvement in the match engine is definitely big and I also prefer the new value system a lot more.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing Adra's final league table, I've started a game with Everton.

Bloody hell it's bloated. Hoping DCL can head his way to 30 goals.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City and Chelsea outside the top six.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell of a start, followed by actual hell

It didn't stay that bad and most defeats were just by the odd goal, now currently enjoying a ridiculous run

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Alex Iwobi seem like prime Rui Costa?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Question, do you people change the player attribute colours? If so, what is your preferred? This is all a but new to me...
    Odd to reply to this so late but I thought I had already for some reason. I always change them. I find the green/yellow mix as insult to my eyes. I always change it to a soft yellow for very high ratings, blue for good, grey for anything in the middle and red for bad.

Here's a screenshot from one of my players from an FM19 save:

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the game last night but didnt really open it until today. I do something similar to fox in terms of the colour choices:

Lowest red
    Second lowest yellow
    Second Highest green
    Highest bright blue.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks chaps. I quite like the bright green as the best attributes. But wondering whether to play about with the lower ranges.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need something to spice up this team...

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Derby County - September

Our form showed no sign of changing despite having a hattrick of games at home but other than the loss to Stoke who I thought were quite fortunate, we were well beaten against Bristol and Preston. We went to Old Trafford in the EFL Cup anticipating a drubbing but that was OK because we'd rake in some much needed dollar. We have to repay the PFA before we can sign anyone so a cup run would have been nice, albeit unrealistic as I anticipated an early exit....except it didn't happen. We caused the mother of upsets.

In your face, Greenwood. The feel good factor raised morale and clearly played a part in us picking up our first league win of the season but we're now further behind than we were on the opening day. We've drawn fellow strugglers Middlesbrough in the next round.

Our goal scoring hopes rest on the shoulders of Sam Baldock whilst at the other end of the pitch, our elderly back four and keeper appear to be pretty darn useless. Graeme Shinnie will be off in January too as the administrators accepted a bid from American side Nashville.

We need to up our game this coming month, six league games, a double header against 'Boro....I do not want to go into November so far adrift as the festive period is likely to kill Jagielka and co.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby County - October

We recorded our first win of the season at home with the 1-0 win against Blackburn, a tight affair that was decided by Baldock's penalty only to follow it up with another defeat. Our performance against WBA was reassuring and Stretton's last minute equaliser meant a share of the spoils but our defending in our warm up match against 'Boro was shocking. We're so reliant on Sam Baldock it isn't even funny.

On to the EFL and a quick start to the first half saw us race into a 2-0 lead and we held on long enough to progress to the quarter finals where we will now face Leeds United. It's a little bit mad that our league form has been so atrocious whereas we're getting breaks in the cup. I want points dammit!

Zero points followed as table toppers Fulham put us in our place. November needs to be a turn around surely but it does get better....

Here we go!

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernandez Vial : Pre Season 2022 Update

Thought there was little point in writing up an end of season update as you knew we escaped relegation.

So, the transfers in. As we have no money, it was all free transfers and a couple of loans.

The newbies...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transfer window has ‘slammed shut’
    https://gyazo.com/6c330891b3d852ddd07e1c0cecdba3da

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby County - 8th January, 2022.

Well, so much for monthly updates. It got tedious very fast which is very much the same feeling the season is giving me.

We were doomed in November tbh and it just keeps going downhill.

Birmingham scored in the last minute, we had two goals disallowed against Cardiff before they scored in the last minute, January signing Kevin Mirallas (and Ramires) looked to have sealed us our first league win since the 2nd of October with a late strike only for yet another last minute goal to cost us all three points. It doesn't get better. Max Bird's early bath ended the Reading match as a contest, Bournemouth twatted us and just rub salt in the wounds, Huddersfield scored in the 89th minute. Doomed, I tell thee.

We're now able to operate in the transfer market but we can't actually afford anyone half decent, loans seem very expensive and since I'm over my wage budget already, the board won't sanction them. Nice cup run at least. We ended the year on a rare high with the victory against Millwall, our first in 17 league games, I think. Tragic.

In other news, Jagielka will leave for Lech at the end of the season whilst goalkeepers Marshall (Hearts) and current number one Kelle Roos (FC Twente) will sod off too. I imagine as we're going down a whole host of players will join them come the summer.

That said. Perhaps I will too although there has been no drama at board level thus far, not the fans.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby County - 2021/2022

Twelve points didn't seem to be overly excessive and although the aim was to fight bravely, I thought we'd have enough about us to at least make a good go of it but as the season transpired, we were dead and buried from day one, really.

Our relegation was confirmed with eight games to go.

We actually took more points in those final eight matches than we did all season but even without the points deduction, we would have got done over by a small distance.

The rebuild now starts but we're in a better financial position so an immediate return would be handy.

January we brought in Kevin Mirallas and Ramires, neither were particularly good. Loan moves for Aaron Ramsey (not that one) and Elliot Anderson were arranged to add some numbers, Tudor Baluta and Dwight Gayle joined a few weeks later, Gayle costing nearly £100K for the remainder of the season. I doubt it would have been any different if we'd had them earlier but you never know.

Gonzalo Carneiro was the only other arrival, the latest one too given he needed a work permit but he's probably going to lead the line next season if no one meets his relegation release clause.

We're going to save well over £125,000K a week in wages with the releases of so many drains, Tom Lawrence being a prime example as he's on £30,000 a week which just isn't going to be viable in League One.

Still no discontent from the supporters but if we don't challenge for the promotion spots this upcoming season then I'm certain that is going to change. I can't remember the last time I got relegated on FM. I already feel like the managerial CV is ruined.

Sam Baldock was our top goal scorer with 11 in 30(5) whilst youngster Jack Stretton was next in line with 9 in 10(12), I imagine he's going to get plenty more minutes next season. Tom Lawrence grabbed eight goals and seven assists, still not worth the weekly outlay though. So yeah, bad times.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 06-11-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refreshing to see.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’m glad Miles hasn’t Benoit’d him.
    Although Ben Mendy and Gylfi Sigurdsson aren't on it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it may be have coincidental but a later update confirmed it was THE global megastar Poborsky. This is the most exciting news since the game a Tetra-Pak billionaire took over and threw money at me for a decade.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In keeping on topic:

Poborsky's lob.

To Seaman's.

How's that relevant? Well, I don't know but giants Derby County think it might be. County > City. You can't buy history, right?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broke the short corner and throw in routines.

https://streamable.com/w8b8l3

https://streamable.com/8z96ej

Ten goals from set-pieces.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered applying to SI? They evidently don't have a QA team so you'd be your own boss and everything.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing moments ago when I saw the latest pic. Perhaps we need to apply for him with a Twitter Bomb to Miles.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was actually thinking of sending out a speculative email to them

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started my usual (like JA) Crewe save. As we discussed earlier in the thread there has been some serious turn over. Three of the normal mainstays for me in these saves, Ryan Wintle, Perry Ng and Charlie Kirk have all moved on. The recruitment had been pretty good, atleast in FM terms, but the squad is pretty short of long term prospects that can grow much further.

As this is a YDWAWK save I did no transfer business but did look to tie everyone down to contracts. It took until December to get Tom Lowery, my best player, to extend past the current season. Thankfully he did and I was able to tag a couple more years onto that once the season was over. Udinese were sniffing around until he signed a new deal.

Onto the season. After starting ok I made a few tactical tweaks and started pressing a bit more, not full gegenpress but its intense. I developed a slightly more reserved version of the same formation for when we were under pressure or if I felt we were underdogs.

Story of the season

League

Toggle Spoiler

Cups

Toggle Spoiler

Squad

Toggle Spoiler

Youth Intake

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Danny; 03-11-2021 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished with a very similar record, @Danny. I also fear that we shall get destroyed next season. I played a very patient game, and to be honest, not sure how we won so many. Of our 4 defeats, 3 came in the first 11 games, whilst the 4th was the last game of the season, I played a very young team.

Speaking of Perry Ng.... he's coming home!

Also, thank god for Ben Knight...

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of you to pay £10k to Crewe.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cashback!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money laundering at its finest.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice @John Arne.

He would come back and walk right into my team. If only....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Broke the short corner and throw in routines.

https://streamable.com/w8b8l3

https://streamable.com/8z96ej

Ten goals from set-pieces.

*coughs*
    Mind sharing said routines?