Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post order has that as Mahow just getting in there. So Mahow nominates P_3
    @P_3 your defence?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a set of facts where all this triumphalism comes to a shuddering halt, but I don't think it is possible that P_3 isn't some sort of bad guy at this point.

Pleb being an innocent would be challenging to deal with on a number of levels, but it is possible.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't buy Mahow's explanation of why include a Librarian when there are no outsiders in play. Just to prove there's no Baron? The fact there are not 3 outsiders running around doesn't do that? Yeah, not sure about that.

I'm the Investigator, I stand by that. My info was proved false because I'm Drunk or poisoned, don't know which. And Mahow pulling out that quote right now, after a whole game of people asking about and not being sure if there is a Drunk in play, stinks to high heavens.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    Don't buy Mahow's explanation of why include a Librarian when there are no outsiders in play. Just to prove there's no Baron? The fact there are not 3 outsiders running around doesn't do that? Yeah, not sure about that.

I'm the Investigator, I stand by that. My info was proved false because I'm Drunk or poisoned, don't know which. And Mahow pulling out that quote right now, after a whole game of people asking about and not being sure if there is a Drunk in play, stinks to high heavens.
    A librarian even with no outsiders is powerful. If we would have heard the 0 we'd KNOW you can't be the drunk and we'd know that the possible minions in play were cut to 3.

The quote that I posted right at the start of the game?

Anyway, 100% yes for me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 needed on P_3

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES

Maybe you should virgin check Mahow P_3 as the weird scenario that is required for Pleb to be a good guy requires his skill still to be in play and for Mahow to have been poisoned when the nomination was made.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to P3.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes for me. Barking up the wrong tree, but oh well.

A Virgin check on Mahow is pointless since he's clearly not a Virgin. Was hoping we'd learned of his dastardliness from the last game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be doing the town a favour if you did it and your investigator role was legit though. Prove him a liar and all.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So with 4 votes P_3 is on the block already, but number of votes could matter so I'll allow it to run a bit longer.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that boat's long sailed. If he was a Virgin, Pleb has already triggered it with his nomination.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    I think that boat's long sailed. If he was a Virgin, Pleb has already triggered it with his nomination.
    This is mechanically correct with regards to the Virgin role. Only the first nomination of the game can trigger the ability.

Edit to clarify- the first nomination of the Virgin, not the first overall nomination of any player.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if the virgin is poisoned at the time?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Even if the virgin is poisoned at the time?
    Yep.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well, that's a bit disappointing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roles for this game are very specifically worded for reasons exactly like this.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I link a gif?

If you're around Baz can you do it for me?

Toggle Spoiler
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes kill P_3

(If niko turns out to be bad I’m deleting my account and never trusting anyone ever again)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may call that there then with 5 votes on P_3.

Does anyone else have a nomination?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not from me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are none by 10pm I'll end it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take the towns eerie silence as a no and that brings the day to a close.

P_3 was selected as the towns new punching bag. Everyone has thrown their best punch at the bag and P_3 can take it no more and he succumbs to his injuries.

P_3 is executed and dies.

And I'd like to offer my congratulations!

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scenes.

Fox is probably on the wind up.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus wept. Pleb was innocent, you fucking idiots. Either that or P_3 was, but surely not.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sun once again rises very quickly in this town. And today there is a banquet, for the town thought they had caught evil and cast it aside!

The residents gather in the town hall and move to the dining table set for 5, only one person is already sat at their place. Something doesn't seem right. The other 4 good townspeople move in closer to see. Only they wish they hadn't.

Sliced to pieces by the very cutlery before him, lies the messed remains of Niko.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was thinking Niko might played me completely, at least I can rule that out.

Can we have an updated alive/dead image please?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 players remain and there have yet to be any dead votes cast.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm back to it being Jimmy.

We know Manc is the slayer and Baz is the soldier.

If the rest of you want to kill me instead though then go for it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding may be wrong here, but doesn't the town stand a far greater chance of victory if the Mayor makes it to the final three? What Imp in his right mind is killing Niko over Jim.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get the next execution wrong, the Imp wins. You could leave it a night, no execution and see who the Imp kills.

If Jimmy IS Mayor, we'd win anyway when we're down to the final 3. If we don't win, he was bluffing - kill him off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    If we get the next execution wrong, the Imp wins. You could leave it a night, no execution and see who the Imp kills.

If Jimmy IS Mayor, we'd win anyway when we're down to the final 3. If we don't win, he was bluffing - kill him off.
    We'd also have to do no execution tomorrow too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yeah, I forgot about that. Don't do that then.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy ain’t the mayor is he
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at some of your reasoning. Let me reveal to you what has really happened.

Boydy was the Imp and (badly) bluffed the Fortune Teller. P_3 was, on the balance of probability, the poisoner, and (badly) bluffed the Investigator. Mahow was the Scarlet Woman, bluffed the Virgin, and has somehow got away with it until now.

The reason the Imp would not kill me in the most recent night is because the Imp is (now) Mahow, he has obviously been doing some kind of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels job on Niko for the entire game, now needed rid of Niko immediately (presumably because Niko's undertaker abilities would have revealed that P_3 was the poisoner and thus in turn revealed Mahow's long con) - and Mahow now needs to frame me to be executed now or else he's borked next round because I'm the Mayor.

Don't be fooled by Mahow's bullshit, which, by the way, has been going on all game. Just look back at all the posts. His concerted effort to go after Pleb has turned out to be utter crap, we had this whole theatrical scenario of the virgin check and guess what, it failed, and Pleb lived, not because Pleb was bad, but because, wait for it, Mahow ain't the virgin.

Meanwhile, just as this is all happening, Mahow gets his poisoner mate P_3 to poison Niko, which is why Pleb ends up coming back borked (to Niko). With this base deception Mahow earns Niko's trust and spends the rest of the game, to this point, milking it.

If you off me, we're going to lose the game and it will all be the fault of Pepe's lol throwaway joke on the first page about Mahow being the virgin, which somehow stuck and became the biggest slice of luck Mahow could ever have had, as it played perfectly into his bluffing hands.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I sort of knew that was coming. Not sure why but I had that pit of your stomach kind of feeling.

There will be a data dump at some point, and fuck knows there's a lot of it.

Not so much from my role seeing as the town deigned it unnecessary to execute anybody. Nice one fuckers. I assume I was killed as the Imp is now on his own and so didn't have the poisoner to cover his tracks any more, which would have given me sight on P_3. Logically it would have made more sense to kill the unequivocally good Manc.

My main thought at the moment is surely Pleb can't have bee the worst townsperson of all time, can he?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow vs Jimmy

What do you think of it all, Manc?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also worked out yesterday that Manc was the slayer and told him (before I got mixed up with P_3) that Jimmy and Boydy were bad and told him that I think it's more likely that Boyd is the Gimp so he should use his shot on him.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm off to bed.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I also worked out yesterday that Manc was the slayer and told him (before I got mixed up with P_3) that Jimmy and Boydy were bad and told him that I think it's more likely that Boyd is the Gimp so he should use his shot on him.
    Yeah, because that was basically your last chance to inherit the Impship before it went down to 5 players and a mong-bluffing Boydy would have been done in one way or the other and the bad guys defeated. You had to get the Slayer in then or else it would have been too late.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Yeah, because that was basically your last chance to inherit the Impship before it went down to 5 players and a mong-bluffing Boydy would have been done in one way or the other and the bad guys defeated. You had to get the Slayer in then or else it would have been too late.
    Your logic falls down because an imp can kill himself in the night and it will then be passed onto a minion. Regardless of how many are in the town at the time.

Not many even suspected Boydy at that point because he had not shared his bullshit info with many.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm somewhat worse for wear, presumably from having been tasked with burying myself, but pending further explanation in the 'morrow, Jimmy's right. It's Mahow. I should have listened to that 2% doubt. Boydy Gimp, P_3 Poisoner, Mahow Scarlett Woman, if Pleb wasn't literally the most inane townie in history none of this would have had to have happened.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm somewhat worse for wear, presumably from having been tasked with burying myself, but pending further explanation in the 'morrow, Jimmy's right. It's Mahow. I should have listened to that 2% doubt. Boydy Gimp, P_3 Poisoner, Mahow Scarlett Woman, if Pleb wasn't literally the most inane townie in history none of this would have had to have happened.
    He's not right, this is his big brain play.

Why would I work with you to discover and then tell Manc to shoot Boydy? I could have told him to shoot Jimmy, then we'd have killed P_3 and Boydy would have been swept under the rug or he could have killed himself in the night to pass it on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, no idea what's going on, both kids are ill and the household is upto it's elbows in Covid, but never mind any of that shit. Kill Mahow. It's rule 101 in any of these games. It has NEVER been the wrong decision. Cave the mongs head in.

Jimmy; would you like to borrow a hammer? I don't imagine you have one, being the pure blood that you are.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would I also tell P_3 that he should virgin check me on the very first day?

Why would I kill Niko now? Surely it would have been better for me if there was a three way dance between me, Jimmy and him (I was going to target him today when P_3 came out as good).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy has seemingly told half the town that he's the mayor and yet he's made it to the final 4.

The odds on him not telling a evil player would be very low and they'd have spent the whole game going after him as it's such a valuable role for the town late on. Especially with a poisoner in the game, they'd have orchestrated his death early doors.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the truth, but why was everyone so quick to believe me when I said I’m the soldier?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Why would I also tell P_3 that he should virgin check me on the very first day?

Why would I kill Niko now? Surely it would have been better for me if there was a three way dance between me, Jimmy and him (I was going to target him today when P_3 came out as good).
    You had to kill Niko now, because if you didn't, P_3 was going to be revealed to him as the poisoner, the game would then continue with Niko alive, and it's at that point that Niko works out (as he indeed now has, even without the specific information) that Pleb was good and you've been having him on the whole time after that poisoning stunt earlier on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It is the truth, but why was everyone so quick to believe me when I said I’m the soldier?
    Because you didn't die and, at the time, there was no monk coming forward so it was believable. I also thought for a bit that you might actually be the saint who was trying to bluff as a soldier so you didn't die at night or in the day and thus lose the game for the town.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is probably a way to actually work this out from known information, but I'm not at that point yet. It is still plausible that 3 players could be the imp, but in increasing likelihood:

1 - Manc, obviously not, I assume there is no mechanic whereby that stunt could have worked, he must be the slayer
    2 - Baz, I suppose he could, as a bad guy, have set-up some elaborate no kill on night 1 with the imp being poisoned and then 'killing' him to make his soldier bluff stick, however, if you were going for this you would do it with the actual imp wouldn't you, but Baz must have been the Scarlett Woman in that set-up which would be levels of chicanery too great for me. Well done if so. Having the monk protect him just adds further levels of wtf to the scenario.
    3 - Jimmy, I have been suspicious of Jimmy through the game. What Mahow says about his spreading his role about the town and not dying has merit. I suppose perhaps the imp could have been targeting him and other people have died, or at least they tried once before stumbling upon me. It would have been impossible to deactivate his power and poison me on the same night, I believe. Me being vocally suspicious of him to potential wrong'uns would have been cause to keep him alive.
    4 - Mahow, ah Mahow. When I said 2% above I was making reference to doubts I had as to his veracity that I discussed with him when he and P_3 seemed to have somewhat interchangeable levels of info on each other from what they had told me [P_3 declared a role to me whilst Mahow said he only hinted, then later in the same conversation he made mention of P_3 being the investigator - I had probably given him something to work with in terms of deduction but it struck me at the time] - we obviously got past that point. Anyway. Mahow says he's the virgin. A claim that is in theory testable. Pleb tested it and lived. OK. Pleb was in the frame as a bad guy and the way he did the check looked exactly like the way I did it last time round, taking it for the team once my number was up. But Pleb being bad presupposes a number of outset facts which do not tally. Pepe said he was the librarian and saw one of Thommo or P_3 as the saint. As far as we know there are no outsiders on play [maybe this is trusting Mahow too much but he hasn't been challenged on this by any games masters so I have to believe it]. P_3 obviously wasn't the saint as the game would be over. Thommo said he was the monk. As a lie that makes no sense. So Pepe's info was bad, or he's just trolled the town for lols. So, with Pepe having bad info we have P_3 and his investigator role. His information was that one of Manc or Pleb was the Scarlett Woman. This must also be wrong as the game would have ended with Manc's slayer shot on Boydy. P_3's information being deliberately wrong is far more plausible. I read Pleb as the poisoner. I went through many scenarios in my mind as to how that might have happened. I knew I must have been poisoned as it made no sense as a ploy from the bad guys to fit up one of their own, but lie about their role. However, at the same time, I convinced myself of a somewhat elaborate scheme that necessitated me being told he was a bad guy, but it still be bad info. In hindsight I was looking for this to stick with my trust in Mahow's role. If Pleb was good, then short of some otherwordly levels of poisoning skill, he should have died with his Mahow nomination. That he didn't, and then slunk off into the shadows never to be seen again [further classic bad guy behaviour] can only mean that Mahow was lying about his role, and if he was lying, well, what for?