User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood on the Clocktower 2: Electric Boogaloo

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post

I think I can reveal my role here as my usefulness is completely over for the town. I was the Monk. That's why I was snooping to see if we had a Soldier after the night went by without an Imp kill.

Your protection is gone chaps.
    Who did you protect in the first night? Not sure if I was targeted, or the person you protected.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Despite Pepe making a joke he was actually right, I am the virgin.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well:

I am (was?) the librarian. Now that thommo is dead, I know who the Saint is. I will not be telling who unless we're about to kill him, obviously.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get an updated roundtable? @Gray Fox

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to believe there is an unclaimed Saint role in the game. Although I have no reason not to believe Pepe. Drunk Librarian?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manc nominating thommo, failing to get enough votes for him to be executed and then him being gimped is either exactly what it looks like (Manc is bad news) or the imp has cleverly made it look like Manc is bad news.

Judging off how dumb this town was in an alternate timeline, I'm inclined to believe the former. Manc is sus.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Manc is who we should be going for. My information from night 1 was that either Pleb or Manc is the Crimson Woman minion and I think that unless Mahow is double bluffing us, the fact that Pleb didn't die when he nominated Mahow shows us that he must be on the evil team. Therefore Manc should be in the clear. Although I don't think he's let on about his role yet.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Manc is the Scarlet Woman to Mahow's Imp?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow brought up the possibility of him being a poisoned virgin, which I guess is plausible. It's either that, Pleb is bad, or Mahow is lying. I still don't think Pleb is bad (why would a bad player use that ridiculous Ravenkeeper gambit?) so I'm going with Mahow being poisoned or a liar.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm not in this game but I have to say The Poison Virgin would be an excellent name for something. Perhaps the villain of an incel-baiting horror.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent pub name.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Mahow brought up the possibility of him being a poisoned virgin, which I guess is plausible. It's either that, Pleb is bad, or Mahow is lying. I still don't think Pleb is bad (why would a bad player use that ridiculous Ravenkeeper gambit?) so I'm going with Mahow being poisoned or a liar.
    I'm also backed up slightly by the claimed investigator P_3.

I'm starting to think that you might also be a baddie, Jim. One who is trying to make us doubt all the Pleb evidence and to ultimately shift the blame on to someone else.

It's a clever ploy from a clever man. Plus Pleb is an ideal fall guy for this tactic.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: I have misread what an investigator can do, move along.

If Pleb is indeed bad then it means that Manc is quite likely (though not certain) to be good, so we might as well turn our guns on someone else. Either that or P_3 is having us over.

But I think it's far more likely that Pleb is good, Mahow is poisoned, and that Manc is therefore bad.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 15-09-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the fact that there seems to be an unclaimed Saint role particularly concerning.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't claiming it dangerous?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Execution specifically refers to being voted dead by the town. The Saint can come out knowing that if the Imp kills him, the town are safe (from the Saint ability losing the game for them).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps, in terms of living participation, but more dangerous for the saint's team if they don't declare as they can lose them the game.

Also, whilst killing the saint is necessary for the bad guys in the end [an unchallenged and believable saint claimant is never going to be executed] it's probably not high up on their to do list as they'd rather the town did it themselves.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There can't be a Saint, must have been a borked ability if someone has seen one crop up. Either that or the Saint is useless.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Execution specifically refers to being voted dead by the town.
    I asked earlier if there was another type of death and no one said anything, except for Baz, who went for some sort of joke.

I don't understand the rules and can't be arsed to go hunting the internet for them, so I will just bail out here. I was the librarian and was told that either Thommo or P_3 is The Saint.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm hoping you were poisoned on the first night or that's my world view completely wrecked.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Baz's answer was technically correct (even if the term "gimped" is a joke) so I figured that was answered. It came up in game one too. The Saint can die at night without losing the game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm definitely not the Saint. So Pepe is either the Drunk or he has been poisoned.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's have it. I am The Slayer and I choose to merk Boydy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godspeed Manc.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manc has claimed Slayer and shot Boydy.....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manc has claimed to be The Slayer and has hired Pascal Struijk to hunt down and snap Boydy.

Boydy is caught by Pascal Struijk's left leg.

Boydy is dead from blood loss.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good timing, as per always with this game.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. Good shot mate.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, great shot. Why is the game continuing though? Don't tell me I was the Drunk?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are too many people who would need to be drunk or poisoned on night 1 for this to make sense.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I had Boydy as the gimp but I had Pleb down as the scarlet woman. With Jimmy as the poisoner.

I still think Jimmy might be the last baddie but I'm now also sus of P_3.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siding more towards P3 as the new gimp.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to be nominated because I know I'm telling the truth and my info is spent and from the looks of it completely null and void.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say full disclosure, but there's just too much for that to be true.

I had this from Boydy earlier:

I'm the fortune teller.

I think one of Pleb or Manc is evil.

Have you got any info yet?
    Out of the blue and it rang alarm bells for me because I did't think it played the role right. You don't read evil, you read demon.

So then I was chatting with P_3 thusly:

Me: Yeah. I don't get that Saint stuff. I'm not the saint, have no idea why the Saint wouldn't have come forward, but also no idea why Pepe would lie.

Like you say, messy.

When you say you believe manc has he revealed anything to you? He gave me some vague hints earlier in the game so it'd be interesting to know if things tally.

P_3: He's told me a powerful role which I have to believe if I believe he is good, otherwise why lie about the role that he is.

Me: Funny because I've just had a fortune teller surface out of the blue pointing the finger at Manc or Pleb. Pleb being dead makes that all the more confusing.

P_3: But that does make sense. Either Pleb or Manc is evil. Doesn't mean both of them are.

Me: Fortune teller reads demon, not evil.
    It's the same error. I was all aboard killing Jimmy next, but I think it's P_3 too.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Manc was the Slayer
    And Boydy was the imp
    And now the Scarlet Woman has become the imp

Right?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    So Manc was the Slayer
    And Boydy was the imp
    And now the Scarlet Woman has become the imp

Right?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    For a 10 player game it should be 7 townies, 0 outsiders, 2 minions and 1 (g)imp.
    In line with this I think Pepe was poisoned on night one which is why he thought that there was a Saint in play.

Because of this and Pepe's false info it means that P_3's info can't have been drunk/poisoned and as such must be lying.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might need to talk me through why my info can't be Drunk/poisoned info? As that's the only option I can see it being at this stage.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no outsiders in a 10 man game, apparently.

So for Pepe to be the Librarian and think there was a saint he would have to be poisoned.

No outsiders means no drunk, so only 1 person can have bad info on night 1.

Your info was bad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    You might need to talk me through why my info can't be Drunk/poisoned info? As that's the only option I can see it being at this stage.
    Because you would have gotten that info on night 1, the same time as Pepe who is a much more obvious poison target.

And you can't be drunk as there is no drunk or any other outsider in the town.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, proper hit from the Slayer there, although if the kind of ill-read rot appearing in niko's chats there has been passing around the demonic back channels then it's hardly a surprise.

P_3's goose is also cooked, I thought it very odd that he came out of nowhere with info after apparently withholding said since the first night.

What I don't understand is the suspicion of me with no real basis, other than my believing that Pleb was good - I may or may not be wrong about that (I still think I'm probably correct) but if I am correct it means that Mahow or more likely niko is the new Imp and are playing a pretty ballsy divide and conquer sort of a game. My role I have revealed to a couple of people I thought were good to assist their enquiries, didn't want to claim it publicly because it comes into its own towards the end.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I link a gif?

If you're around Baz can you do it for me?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, proper hit from the Slayer there, although if the kind of ill-read rot appearing in niko's chats there has been passing around the demonic back channels then it's hardly a surprise.

P_3's goose is also cooked, I thought it very odd that he came out of nowhere with info after apparently withholding said since the first night.

What I don't understand is the suspicion of me with no real basis, other than my believing that Pleb was good - I may or may not be wrong about that (I still think I'm probably correct) but if I am correct it means that Mahow or more likely niko is the new Imp and are playing a pretty ballsy divide and conquer sort of a game. My role I have revealed to a couple of people I thought were good to assist their enquiries, didn't want to claim it publicly because it comes into its own towards the end.
    For me it was 2 real reasons:

1. You were very upfront with your role which I found odd as this town is incredibly cagey, especially the first few days.

2. Your Pleb play which I thought was potentially a big brain play to make Pleb look like an idiot and less likely to be evil whilst also distancing yourself from him.

I also felt like I had pinpointed a lot of everyone else's roles but I wasn't sure I could trust you and take what you said at face value. Couple that with the fact that you are incredibly good at social deduction games I was wary.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were very forward with your role, in stark contrast to everyone else [bar in the end the late Boydy]. It reminded me of my shit bluffing as the slayer in the last game. I'd reasoned away my P_3 doubts and so you were the only person left with a question mark by your name. Your soft support for Pleb also didn't help.

This may not actually be done, but I'd be amazed if it isn't.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see. Got you. I'm just playing the role I was given, so maybe there is a mix up from the higher ups. Begs the question of why there is a Librarian role if there are no outsiders?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    Oh I see. Got you. I'm just playing the role I was given, so maybe there is a mix up from the higher ups. Begs the question of why there is a Librarian role if there are no outsiders?
    If he wasn't poisoned he'd have seen a 0 and we'd know there wasn't a baron in play.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was forward with my role (which is the Mayor, if we're still counting) because there wasn't really anything I could do with it in the short term so I thought I might as well at least hand it over to a couple of people who had played the game before and knew what they were doing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be quite careful of copy/pasting of private conversations as that does trample a bit on the spirit of the game, but I get it does have it's difficulties translating from spoken word to typed.

After that warning, I'll take nominations as open.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate P_3.

I've pretty much said why I think it's him but to sum up his info is bullshit and he can't have been poisoned as Pepe was on night 1.

As such I think he was the scarlet woman who has now been turned into the imp.

I think it's our best play right now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll consider my wrist slapped.

Nominate P_3.