User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Blood on the Clocktower (Werewolf)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the Imp will kill and that's game over.

Honestly I'm no closer to working out who it is right now. The reason that makes me lean (slightly) towards P_3 is that mahow claimed a very disposable role early on, so even if he is an evil player, I can't see him being the demon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. The Imp would kill tonight and if it ever gets to 1 on each team then evil wins.

This is the final day whatever happens.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just mod-kill all 3 of the dithering twats.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrect the monk.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Mahow's defence is good:

Gray Fox said the Baron is Mahow or Baz

If its Baz why was he tying the vote to kill Mahow (the Imp?) at 2-2 on the second day? Therefore using Gray Fox's info Mahow must be the Baron. Unless Gray Fox was poisoned and his info is wrong.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this before we get any nominations, no matter who is on the block I'm inclined to await confirmation from all eligible voters on if they intend to vote or not before we move on. The final day is pivotal, I don't want it to be decided by who is online and who isn't at an exact moment. Of course, this is within reason, i'm not going to sit here for 3 days if someone is missing.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Boydy and his four posts.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of which were him throwing his toys out of the pram that it wasn't Werewolf.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thommo - Can you remember how much digging around Mahow did in PMs privately between you, before he let you know that you were one of his 2 people potentially a Drunk? Because the way I see it now, you are Drunk. If maybe you hinted your role to him he grabbed it and ran with it?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Like Boydy and his four posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Most of which were him throwing his toys out of the pram that it wasn't Werewolf.
    Oi dickheads, I'm still here. I'm observing and waiting to use my dead vote.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure Boydy Baiting is the pressing concern here. Get on with it you slags.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be end in a 3 way finger pointing contest one way or another. Someone needs to blink first.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate p_3.

He's a right evil bastard.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Mahow wins, nobody can say “he’s played a blinder.” It’s definitely more that everyone else has been bad.

I feel like thomma has somehow glided through til the end without anyone taking him on.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @P_3 your defense

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A weak nomination with no evidence or potential evil team mates, gets a half assed defence like this. Don't waste your votes guys.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voting Open on P_3

2 votes required to execute. We shall wait on the dead players too so please confirm No if you don't intend to vote.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn’t he proven to be lying about being a Virgin?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

To the vote.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Wasn’t he proven to be lying about being a Virgin?
    Unfortunately no.

Niko did not die because he's either lying about being a Slayer, is a Drunk or I lied. Him being executed by us just proves he's not the Demon (which I thought he was).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 3 votes cast out of a potential 8 (I'm accepting P_3 as a No unless he says otherwise).

Leaves us with @thommo @Manc @Boydy @niko_cee and @Gray Fox as potential voters.

Again if the dead players can confirm even if they don't want to use their vote here that would be great.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to close voting on P_3 at around 10pm with a view to getting at least a second vote in tonight. There is a maximum of 3 votes on the final day as there's only 3 people left who can nominate. I really don't want this game limping on forever because we don't get people showing up to vote or not vote. I think most people should be around, so let's have them votes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m abstaining here

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not voting here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekends are notoriously slow in these things unfortunately.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niko has confirmed to me that he's a no so that just leaves thommo and Manc. thommo has been active throughout the day so I think we're only potentially missing Manc? We should be able to get through this I hope.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, weekend's a bit busy for me, apologies.

I'm saying no here. There isn't any real evidence against P_3, it's a weak nomination.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies, Browning. It's a no from me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 vote is not enough and P_3 is safe

Nominations are open.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just kill mahow ffs.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can make a good argument for either of Thommo and Mahow but will nail my colours to the mast with Mahow as that is what everyone has wanted since day one.

Let's start with the second minion role. It must be a Spy due to the evil lot rightly picking Boydy to kill on the first night, the evil lot knowing that Thommo is the Drunk Empath and the evil lot knowing not to nominate me before due course. Mahow at this point is the Spy and his evil crew are Gray Fox the Imp and Nikko the Baron. This would agree with Offshore's clue as only Niko and Gray Fox are evil neighbours with Mahow appearing as a good Townsperson at Browning's discretion. Gray Fox's and Mahow's fake role and info is picked out to be credible and Niko hides as a Slayer. As the game wears on and the evil team notices that hardly anyone goes ahead with executing Mahow, a plan is devised to sacrifice Gray Fox and make Mahow the new Imp. And during the Virgin-gate phase Niko sacrifices himself to save Mahow, (I was specifically asking Mahow to nominate me), as it would be obvious to me that he is lying about being the Librarian. This brings us to today where Thommo's power is finally showing a change due to Mahow, the final piece of the puzzle. TL;DR I nominate Mahow.

The other version swaps Gray Fox for Thommo the Imp, as he and Mahow gangbang me but I'll let them take the win for their plan.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My defence:

I'm the Baron bitches \0/.

I vote yes to killing me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well, well played.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.... so as not to waste everyone's time we'll call it there. P_3's nomination was the only way to get the Imp on the block and he hasn't. I won't always end games in this fashion if we do it again (which I hope we will), but as the cat is out the bag....

The game is over and the Evil team has won.

Role call incoming....

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes before Browning wraps this up.

Good game chaps.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P3 right now.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mugs.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be quite funny if Baz or P_3 was the actual drunk.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised mahow made it through a nomination every night, or so it seemed that way. Felt sure he'd go early. Perfect foil for me, the quiet Imp.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to start with this one? At 12 o'clock and go round I guess.....

Spikey was indeed the Recluse as I think everybody knew. Tough role especially for someone who hasn't played before because it doesn't really do anything except make him look suspect. He did the right thing coming out early doors as even if he wasn't believed and was killed.... the town wouldn't really have lost much as the role wasn't gaining anything.

SvN was the Saint again to the surprise of no one. I know Spikey was asking why he would come out when he did.... my view was he had to come out. If anything he had to come out sooner. The town were scrambling to find that third outsider and him coming out provided vital information that told us it was indeed a Baron game. Shame that it wasn't then followed up for a good while given there was a Baron ping on the investigator...

thommo was the Imp and he was the Imp the entire game. I'll be honest, and it probably easy for me to say given that I knew.... but I could not believe how easily the town bought his drunk Empath bluff. In a game where no one was really claiming a strong information gathering role, the Empath could have been huge to the town, but they quickly accepted "Nah he's drunk" with no evidence to back it up and let him sit there all game not even killing his neighbours to get another read. If he had been the Empath, he would have been playing a tragically bad game. When SvN questioned why we accepted him as the drunk I was praying people would push that further, but nope.

P_3 was the Virgin and I was impressed with his level of commitment to trying to solve the puzzle, but unfortunately he and Gray Fox who had most of the public discussions seemed to have Tunnel Vision for this one world view. There was a point where I felt he held the keys to the game and was desperately hoping a townsfolk would nominate him to prove them both as good. In fact Gray Fox suggested it.... and then didn't follow through and do it himself despite being a spent investigator. P_3's strategy seemed to be to bait the evil team to nominate him, which is fine in theory, but lead to him coming under fire when his power didn't go off. Never mind, he played a good game and was unlucky in the end.

Baz was...... the Monk, believe it or not. He made smart choices too protecting P_3 almost every night, so I assume he believed in P_3's claim and hadn't found a more useful role to protect, mainly because there wasn't one. Not sure why he was bluffing everything under the sun towards the end, but that's Baz.

Manc actually was The Mayor and was another who I thought could have played a big role to helping the good side when they looked down... but alas he was killed by the town. Had Thommo tried to kill him in the night, I definitely would have bounced the kill to someone else and tried to throw town a bone, but I wasn't given that option.

Offshore was..... The Drunk. Now I need to confess to a small oversight in the set up, but it wasn't a mistake. I did overlook the fact that the Chef 1 I gave to Offy could technically be correct information if Spikey has registered as evil. There are many ways to make this work though, but the official reason is Spikey did not register as evil to the Chef. What this meant in effect was town was given correct information that they maybe shouldn't have had. You could argue that makes it harder to find the drunk, but in reality, the information was still factually wrong, and there were plenty of other characters who COULD have been the drunk without changing the game, such as Baz and Boydy whose power's never triggered. That said, whichever of them was the drunk, I think most of the town were just willing to accept it was Thommo and move on. Would have been interesting to see what happened if Boydy had gotten that drunk read....

Boydy was The Undertaker who died without getting any info. A real lucky shot in the dark as far as I can tell, unless he came out privately to an evil player. If he did, he really needed to identify them to the town, but there was nothing he could do dying so early. A shame because this was probably town's best role.

Niko was The Poisoner whose poison.... did fuck all in the entire game. SvN was the first poison target meaning he actually could have been killed on Day 1 without losing the game which would then have confirmed a poisoner in play.... but he had no way of knowing that. After that he poisoned Manc on night 2 which only would have mattered if Thommo had tried to kill him.... and then he poisoned Baz twice before finally sinking a poison into spent Gray Fox. These weren't necessarily bad choices, picking Baz could have been huge, but Thommo never tried to kill P_3.

Gray Fox..... poor ol' Gray Fox... was the Investigator who was told ON NIGHT ONE that Mahow was a potential Baron. In fact let's couple these roles together because Mahow was The Baron. Right. So the investigator ping told you it was Mahow or Baz. The chef ping pointed you to Mahow sitting next to Spikey. On top of that, Mahow blatantly changed his story after (correctly, I might add) accusing Offy of being the drunk on the first day and then all of a sudden his ping was Baz or Thommo? And none of this told you Mahow was actually the Baron? I was face palming so hard at points. I guess that's easy for me, knowing the answers, but yea, Gray Fox as one of the fans of this game before we started is going to be absolutely kicking himself. The Baron knows with 75% likelihood that a drunk is in play.... and if 3 other outsiders came out, he only had to pretend one of them was lying... and if people didn't believe him, so what... the Baron is expendable. Yea.... this was the only place where I felt like there were huge clues missed.

All in all though I thought from the start that the script was harsh on the town (it was completely randomised) and I think I can do better with future games. Before running this I considered the Baron a weak minion but taking out 2 good roles and putting in 2 shit outsiders is much more powerful than I ever accounted for, which lead to probably some balance issues. But I think it's something we can iron out, along with timings for voting etc. For the town to get to final 3 with only 1 strong info role which died without getting any info was a hell of an achievement especially for so many new players. I enjoyed it at least, and I hope the fact it was a tough game hasn't put people off too much.

I invite any discussion about private conversations etc, because obviously I only see half the game. I also invite any discussion around whether people would want to play again and any recommended changes etc.
    Last edited by Browning; 04-09-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My banter poisoning* would have been the best choice, and would have made the game a whole lot fucking easier.

*Thommo the night he killed Fox and not P3.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the game. It was the first BOTC most of us have played so hopefully we'll all get better.

Apologies to Manc and Baz for being rather curt with them.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to Mahow and Gray Fox for inviting private discussions from minute one. And niko and P_3 later on. Certainly made it easier to get absorbed. Kind of annoying getting nowhere near though!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that, at least on my end, PM's weren't utilised too much.

IIRC I initiated all the PMs I had with townsfolk and not many got back to me. P_3 is by far the townie I had the most interaction with and I think he was quite astute all game. I'll be stunned if he's never watched an episode.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were closer than you think. P_3's posts at the end basically implied (to me at least) it was pretty much a coin flip, and had he put Thommo up on the block, I feel like the town would have had not much choice but to vote on it. Then again, I'm probably wrong, and it would probably have just lead to Thommo nominating Mahow and everyone piling on.

But in hindsight I really needed to give the town at least one more information gathering role. I've already had @Gray Fox ask me if he can be the co-storyteller next time which I'm all for. I can then chuck Pleb into the game so he can show you all how to win the champions league.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd don it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, for everyone who kept banging on about how I've watched the most BOTC games.

Thommo has watched just as many as me and GF has watched more (along with Browning and Pleb).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, I don't think anybody played badly, especially for a game with so many new players who don't know the ins and outs of all the roles. As I said, in hindsight I should have given the town at least 1 more information role, and I probably shouldn't have had 2 of the 3 more experienced players both on the evil team, but yea, it was all completely randomised as I didn't want them gaining an advantage due to the fact they could try and work out what I would do. I hope the balance will work better in future games, but this was my first attempt too.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did a good job. Thanks.
    I'm a twit