Page 454 of 581 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 22,651 to 22,700 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I'm amazed anyone is surprised it's illegal to have leaked that footage. .
    Specifically, what law has been broken? If you can't answer that then your amazed state is moronic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official Secrets Act, probably, which I would imagine would be fairly sweeping in its purview over 'government material'.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Specifically, what law has been broken? If you can't answer that then your amazed state is moronic.
    Alright mate, calm down.

There's plenty of things I (and you) know or strongly suspect are illegal without knowing the specific law. What specific law would you have broken if you took the eggs from a wild bird's nest?

I'd imagine the leaking of said footage falls under Data Protection/GDPR.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure as shit isn't GDPR.

My suspicions summed up by that post.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well quite. I have zero fucking clue what laws cover what but if you'd asked me before if I thought doing that is illegal I'd have had no doubt at all that it is.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RL now an expert in law, I see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When all the dust has settled someone should compile all the posts from this RL - Magic feud and stick it in the archive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COVID has brought back a lot of TTH's fire. The board needs feuds.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    There would be a public interest test in any court case/tribunal for whistleblowing, but it could also be Official Secrets Act seeing as the camera was in his office, and then whoever leaked it and the company who provides the security could be in serious bother. You can't go revealing any old shit you dislike that takes place in private offices just because you happen to be on security that day.
    Aye, the secrets act would cover it.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I've had both Covid (I was fine, pussy'ole) and a vaccine (because I'm not a mong).
    What was your experience of it? Did you lose your taste and smell? Did you die?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57855653

Amazing how it's gone from "only cranks would suggest it came from a lab" to "highly unlikely it did" to "we could really do with some more access".

Utterly stinks to high heaven. Also not on that the scientific community seems to have had little interest in establishing the truth. Presumably they're all absolutely shitting themselves and thinking about the 'greater good'.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    What was your experience of it? Did you lose your taste and smell? Did you die?
    Extremely mild. Bit of a cough, a headache and lethargic. I got very lucky.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The isolation rules are nutty at the moment. My mate has had covid in the last six months, has been double jabbed for 2 months, and has to stay home for ten days because someone he went to the gym with has tested positive.

The current plan seem to be based on it being fine if half the country gets covid. What about if half the country is locked in their bedrooms?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely mild. Bit of a cough, a headache and lethargic. I got very lucky.
    I for one am glad to hear it. The board would be a lesser place without you. Magic on the other hand...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ps. I have all your symptoms right now but the lateral flow tests are negative so far.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's rampant again, isn't it?

If I catch it before the immunity from my second jab kicks in I'll be a tad pissed off.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone not deleting the app now is either a tit or somebody who wants to skive work.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's rampant again, isn't it?

If I catch it before the immunity from my second jab kicks in I'll be a tad pissed off.
    Yep, we know much more people getting it this time round. I guess it's a consequence of people trying to live a more social life compared to the previous waves.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be slowing down in town. I'm still stunned our side of the building didn't pull any positives. Maybe the students have all had it now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Anyone not deleting the app now is either a tit or somebody who wants to skive work.
    I've never had it, but a bar the other night wouldn't let me in at all without it, so in I did not go. The guy on the door was fucking loving it as well.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had it, but a bar the other night wouldn't let me in at all without it, so in I did not go. The guy on the door was fucking loving it as well.
    Just take a photo of the QR code like a normal person.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Just take a photo of the QR code like a normal person.
    People doing that are so lame. If you don't want the app at least have the balls to own that decision.

Wouldn't have worked with this chap anyway, he wanted to see proof. A proper power trip wanker.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, taking a picture is the best option. The lame thing would be thinking you have balls for 'owning' something like that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will slow down in about a week once the Euro final snogging orgies have washed through the system.

It is very lol that the news is consumed by a totally bogus race row about footballers while this happens. Heads have well and truly gone.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 16-07-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's proper child-like behaviour. "I don't like the rules so I'm going to pretend I've done it."

Not to mention the fact that some of the people doing it will have spread COVID.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It is very lol that the news is consumed by a totally bogus race row about footballers while this happens. Heads have well and truly.gone.
    Is it, I thought we'd comfortably established by now that race issues > COVID? Not sure it's bogus either, in that I'd be staggered if they were lying about getting racially abused on Twitter.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's proper child-like behaviour. "I don't like the rules so I'm going to pretend I've done it."

Not to mention the fact that some of the people doing it will have spread COVID.
    It is a bit, yeah, but that's where we are. I got told to isolate after somebody on my flight last month had COVID, and my mate also got the alert despite us being 8 rows apart.

I had the same last year flying back to Jersey and was told the person was within 1.5m of me. I didn't get COVID then, and odds are the person this time wasn't as close as that so I just told people who I had plans to meet with and most were still comfortable meeting.

I didn't get COVID and I don't believe half a plane isolated for 10 days when most would be going on holiday. Its all just ridiculous.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the same time, you can't really be precise about it. Covid skips households (and people within it) as it pleases. My approach would be, if you're pinged, to test regularly rather than isolate.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it child like? It's a pathetic rule, but it's one we have to follow if we want any semblance of a normal life.

I want a normal life. I also don't want to have to isolate for 10 days when I have both had Covid and the vaccine.

So I take a photo and pretend it's the app. Why not? What is to be gained by refusing to get the app and storming off in a huff? The geezer on the door doesn't make the rules.

Also, isn't trying to go to the pub without the app, then walking away when you can't get in the exact same thing? You were still hoping to avoid getting tracked.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 15-07-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    It is a bit, yeah, but that's where we are. I got told to isolate after somebody on my flight last month had COVID, and my mate also got the alert despite us being 8 rows apart.

I had the same last year flying back to Jersey and was told the person was within 1.5m of me. I didn't get COVID then, and odds are the person this time wasn't as close as that so I just told people who I had plans to meet with and most were still comfortable meeting.

I didn't get COVID and I don't believe half a plane isolated for 10 days when most would be going on holiday. Its all just ridiculous.
    Why would being 8 rows apart be important?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You would have to go some to fit 8 rows within 3 metres.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Sister's main carer was identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive. She took a lateral flow which came back positive (she also has 2 sons both of which tested negative).

I had a lateral flow yesterday but it came back negative (I only spent 5-10 minutes with my sister since the close contact though so it was to be expected), we're waiting to see the results of the carers PCR test to see what happens next.

My Mum also took a lateral flow which came back negative (but she spent hours with my sister since the contact) but we haven't tested my sister yet. Largely because she is one of those that is really cautious about the whole thing and my Mum doesn't want her to worry unless she has to.

Strangely I did feel a little ill last night and couldn't sleep but I think it was mild food poisoning because my stomach was all over the shop and I felt nauseous.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Like Spikey said, it covers a good enough distance that I felt comfortable sacking it off. I was also in an aisle seat and not sat next to anyone. To isolate in that scenario would be mental, especially after not catching it last year despite being sat on a full flight and, most likely, much closer to the positive case.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People doing that are so lame. If you don't want the app at least have the balls to own that decision.
    Cutting nose. Spite face.

I heard that if you check into a restaurant, it logs you there until midnight regardless of the time you attended. If true, that's pretty mental.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ItalAussie

Is Gladys still the darling of Sydney? From the outside looking in she appears to be the Queen of Fake Government.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 16-07-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Ps. I have all your symptoms right now but the lateral flow tests are negative so far.
    Aren’t lateral flow tests for if you’re symptomless? When I had it, lateral flow tests said I didn’t.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We might have to watch deaths here. 63 yesterday. It was 30 last week IIRC.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without wanting to be overly conspiratorial, but if X people are dying every day anyway (which they are) and C people have covid, as C gets bigger isn't it a likely consequence that people in both circles increases? There are probably what, ten times as many people with covid yesterday as compared with a week ago (as a guess)? I suppose that just takes us back to excess deaths and deferred mortality though. Probably best to get rid now than have a big wave of shit when winter hits and we have to shut down again.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got COVID. Tested negative on Monday after my flight and then my mate gave me a lift from the airport and his wife tested positive the next day, although I assume I could have easily picked it up in London at the weekend and just not shown symptoms. China got me, boys. I've never felt like such a failure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news we're shitting the bed on travel (new semi-restrictions for Offy's mob ) which I dearly hope isn't a pre-cursor to a wider soiling. Hopefully by the end of August we'll be as near to 100% vaccinated as possible to thwart anything that'll botch my plans.

Edit, timing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Without wanting to be overly conspiratorial, but if X people are dying every day anyway (which they are) and C people have covid, as C gets bigger isn't it a likely consequence that people in both circles increases? There are probably what, ten times as many people with covid yesterday as compared with a week ago (as a guess)? I suppose that just takes us back to excess deaths and deferred mortality though. Probably best to get rid now than have a big wave of shit when winter hits and we have to shut down again.
    It's no surprise that deaths are going up, I just have my eye on the NHS Overwhelmed Klaxon.

There's no way we get through Winter without atleast one lockdown. Potentially the next few winters. Christ.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got COVID. Tested negative on Monday after my flight and then my mate gave me a lift from the airport and his wife tested positive the next day, although I assume I could have easily picked it up in London at the weekend and just not shown symptoms. China got me, boys. I've never felt like such a failure.
    How are your symptoms? Are you taking it like a Mouse or a Magic?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are your symptoms? Are you taking it like a Mouse or a Magic?
    Sore throat is the only fully noticeable symptom with some headaches and a bit of lightheadedness. Feel a bit achy but still fairly energetic. I've had one jab so guess I've got a fair amount of protection. 14 days isolation is shit, though. No idea what I'm going to do. Might just spam the board with great threads.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's no surprise that deaths are going up, I just have my eye on the NHS Overwhelmed Klaxon.

There's no way we get through Winter without atleast one lockdown. Potentially the next few winters. Christ.
    Will take a long time to clear this NHS backlog. Can see them locking down again in the winter to stop the backlog from growing further.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sore throat is the only fully noticeable symptom with some headaches and a bit of lightheadedness. Feel a bit achy but still fairly energetic. I've had one jab so guess I've got a fair amount of protection. 14 days isolation is shit, though. No idea what I'm going to do. Might just spam the board with great threads.
    Do it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Will take a long time to clear this NHS backlog. Can see them locking down again in the winter to stop the backlog from growing further.
    It really does depend on how much protection double jabbing gives and how much of a break the schools closing proves to be. There's still hope, but yeah, you are almost certainly right.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only we properly invested in OUR NHS.

So the group I was in for the game on Sunday, I'm pretty sure they caught it the night before as a few more of them are now covid positive. Laterals are still telling me negative and I feel okay other than the continuous cough and fever.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone's fucking got it

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't start using lockdown as a tool to clear NHS backlogs. If you start handing over the keys of liberty to doctors (the most cautious people in the universe) when there isn't a clear and present pandemic spread threat, that's when heads will truly have fucking gone.