User Tag List

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciro was amazing last season (37 league goals in 38 games) but that seems like a bit of an upset.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    What specs you running with, Yev?

Those, but I'm also running with 400,000 player faces and all the logos, which drains performance somewhat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to cry.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my first season

Promotion was a cruise in the end.

Okonkwo went back to Arsenal and Dave Richards is leaving at the end of this contract, no question. Leaving the keeper situation looking like this

Quinlan is a regen. We got 5 4*+ players in the group.

With the keeper situation as it is I think I am going to relax the rules on my standard youth game and allow loans. I was thinking of allowing one signing per season but not sure I want to go that far just yet.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    That estimated game speed is bollocks. All of my mental Journeyman games have been run at 0.5 stars and it's fine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that everything loaded Igor?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My goalkeepers are absolute horseshit.

I'm currently in a Europa game against Schalke. I've taken my keeper off after 40 minutes as we were 3-0 down. After 46 minutes we went 4-0 down as my reserve conceded one.

Schalke's xG on the 4 goals? 1.01...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah

Russia and Ukraine are at war, Israel aren't in Europe. 50 nations felt right. England is down to tier 9/step 5 as well

edit: i think that should be 51 but maybe it's something to do with Kazakhstan's delayed start or some shit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no words.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich City Season 1 22/23 - Mid Season Update

Brief update here as I turned starting transfer windows off, but mission 'reach the Premier League at the first attempt' is going well.

Massive break for the World Cup now and I hope I'm given a decent budget to work with in the window.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've found a job in the lowest rep league, the 3rd tier of Luxembourg. I'm managing the mighty Luna Oberkorn. Not sure why a man nearly at 50 has decided to move to the Grand Duchy to play amateur football but here's my STATEMENT signing:

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prob skint from gambling. Who says FM isn’t realistic

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've taken some big steps in a short amount of time.

I approve, Igor.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the Serie A non-EU rules.

This season I bought two non-EU newgens plus Endrick. As the game is stupid it made me pick which of the newgens gets the priority non-EU spot and it did not let me choose Endrick who was arriving two weeks later. I assumed it wouldn't let me pick him as they granted him a spot when I agreed to buy him last year, I was wrong.

It says if I sell one of my non-EU players he can take his spot. I have had to wait until January as two of my non-EU players (Segovia and Tyreece John-Jules) are out on loan, I can't recall John-Jules but Segovia's loan ends in December. I assume I can register Endrick for the Europa League and use him there, I was wrong.

January hits and I sell Segovia but the squad registration screen is still telling me Endrick can't be registered as I don't have a non-EU slot...

Edit: Seems to have registered a different non-EU player, ffs.

Edit: Sold another Endrick still not registered. No Endrick for us this year :\
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 30-10-2022 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich City Season 1 22/23 - End of Season Update

Objective achieved and Norwich are back in the Prem. Delia has given us a WARCHEST including a £1m p/w wage budget and a £41m transfer budget.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone else's goalkeeper thunder cunt the ball upfield regardless of what I tell him to do? The amount of goals that are conceded from it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. mine does it a lot.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, was just in a match. We were 3-1 up but a player got injured after I had made 5 subs.

I went ultra defensive and trying to keep possession. He keeps booting it as hard as he can as quickly as he can even though he's on roll it out and take your time.

Resulted in a goal but luckily it was ruled out for offside.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haaland wishes he was half the player Olivier is.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First season went well from a media prediction of 18th, although the final table flattered me as the top six was cemented with at least four games to go.

Karel Poborsky has taken over again and floated the club on the stock market, combine that with some big sales and I've got at least 2/3 of an entirely new squad in the space of a year so am aiming for at least playoffs.

Seems in this one you get a lot more of the players announcing early that they're going to consider options at the end of the contract, I've no idea if they ever decide to stay as that's my cue to immediately cash in and not gamble. Hamer for £20m and Gyokeres for £7.5 has funded my overhaul

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had two do it in my Crewe save. One stayed one left. Small sample size but I think playing time probably influenced the one to stay.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2024/25 Season Update:

Transfers In:

Busy windows again, so spoilers.

Toggle Spoiler

Fuck that was far too long. Some shit in there as I gambled on white stars and got burned. A lot of money spent (£71m total but a lot is in instalments our transfer debt currently stands at £23m).

Transfers Out:

Biggest outs are Collido, Simons and Chabot. Collido was sold as we didn't need him as two of our best three players are in his position, Simons was sold as he was pissing me off (guy picked up cards for fun) and he was a non-EU and with Chabot I didn't want to sell him but they met his release clause. Also Gollini was sold to Spurs for £6m at the end of last season.

League:

Our board wanted us to finish in the top half so mission accomplished but after finishing 7th and feeling like we were close to the top 5 this annoyed me. We failed to build on last year for three reasons. Firstly we didn't replace Casadei who was our best player, secondly we struggled to hold onto leads (the Saliterna game we were 3-0 up for example or against Udinese we were 3-2 up in injury time but lost 4-3. Thirdly our pitch is seemingly constantly watterlogged so games keep getting postponed and then we have ridiculous schedules late on.

Europe:

Our group games were a little tough but we did enough to go through to the playoff where we faced Bratislava who were a push over. Sadly our run ended when we got Bilbao who were far too good for us.

Cup:

Due to being in Europe we entered in the third round and got an easy draw in Empoli. Sadly they seem to be our bogey team and battered us.

Squad:

Liam Delap decided to become a big time player this year as the undisputed starter. We also lost Baturina one of our best for 3 months to a broken ankle (and then some rehab) so we struggled to replace him.

Youth Intake:

Toggle Spoiler

Nothing amazing this year sadly.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackburn are on for the worst team I have ever witnessed in FM. 1 point after 18 games

edit:

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Waffdon; 31-10-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm reading that correctly Endrick is now registered BUT I can't register any other non-EU player this season. Even though we're allowed two a season and for some reason I can't make an extra slot this season by selling someone, right?

What the fuck?

Bit shit as I've got Jobe Bellingham coming in on a free...

Edit: So Jobe isn't registered but if I go to sign a non-EU player it says I've signed 1 this year and can sigh another.

Edit: Just checked the official forums, seems the Serie A non-EU rules are bugged.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 31-10-2022 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't go to a team in the league

Edit: He did indeed leave for Atalanta but:

Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 31-10-2022 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are far too many instances of this in the game. My team starts playing like a Sunday league team around the 75th minute.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this idea that I wanted to build a team with Leao and Kvaratskhelia as the two stars on either wing, which led me to start with Milan, bit I think I have a pretty low chance of building the stature and money to get KK from Napoli. Might just be easier to be Real and get some freaky 4-2-4 going with Vinicius in there too or something.

Any other rich clubs with holes in their squad besides Newcastle?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently League 1 Coventry are unbeatable in 90 mins. Played a full strength team basically in the replay as well since they twatted my goaline in the home game
    Last edited by Waffdon; 31-10-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week later and we're out on penalties to a Championship club. I don't understand this game at all. The AI outside of 1 or 2 teams in the PL are utter dogshit but are world beaters when I'm against nothing teams.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit a slight problem with Norwich in that almost my entire squad seemed to have 100% wage rise on promotion clauses. I'm carrying on but that's almost all of my £40m SUMMER WARCHEST gone on sorting the wage budget out. Grrr.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Hit a slight problem with Norwich in that almost my entire squad seemed to have 100% wage rise on promotion clauses. I'm carrying on but that's almost all of my £40m SUMMER WARCHEST gone on sorting the wage budget out. Grrr.
    Be glad you’re not Sunderland who have £1m starting budget but lose £900k to City when Patrick Roberts plays 1 game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone else use Instant Result? It seems to really punish you. Win percentage massively drops versus actually playing the games.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FM'd against the best team in the league ffs.

My Nan MOTM on an 8.4.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john arne View Post
    does anyone else use instant result? It seems to really punish you. Win percentage massively drops versus actually playing the games.
    gtfo.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d only ever use instant result for any version of the game I’ve played, there’s absolutely no point in the highlights only aesthetics. Do you still need a custom skin to access it?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FM'd against the best team in the league ffs.

My Nan MOTM on an 8.4.
    How’s your Endrick looking? I started a new game just for him. Simmed to 2025 and joined who he was with. Will post a screenshot later but he’s looking tasty. Just can’t tell if I want him through the middle or out wide

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play two formations, a 4-3-3 and a 4-3-1-2, in the first he's an AMR and in the other he's up top. In the league he currently has 10 goals in 15 starts (and 2 sub appearances) with 4 assists.

First season I've been able to play him as last year he didn't have a non-EU spot.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I’d only ever use instant result for any version of the game I’ve played, there’s absolutely no point in the highlights only aesthetics. Do you still need a custom skin to access it?
    Yeah, I just don't have the time to every single game.

You have to download the Wannachip skin - but's it basically the default design, with the button added - and it's usually released within hours of the game.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play two formations, a 4-3-3 and a 4-3-1-2, in the first he's an AMR and in the other he's up top. In the league he currently has 10 goals in 15 starts (and 2 sub appearances) with 4 assists.

First season I've been able to play him as last year he didn't have a non-EU spot.

Mines forgot how to jump.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much the only thing mine is better at ffs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 2 2023/24 - Mid Season Update

So after the debacle with almost all of my players having 100% wage increases clauses on promotion, our transfer budget was cut from £40m to £11m. Not quite the WARCHEST I'd hope for to stay in the Premier League.

Still, we made the best of it and in came:

Duran was signed in the window of season 1, but I've included him for completeness. Carter is a regen who was released and snapped up on a free:

The rest you know about so won't bother with screenies of them. Some shit went out on loan and we started the season far short of where I wanted us to be, but if we could finish above the two other promoted clubs and just one of last season's PL teams I would take that all day long.

In more frustration, the fixture list was a complete fucker. Words cannot describe how I felt having seen our decent start and morale tanked by playing Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City in succession, to only realise we then had to play Tottenham, Man Utd and Liverpool one after the other as well. Thankfully morale wasn't completely fucked by the time we hit the nice run in December and a couple of choice team meetings saw us above the drop zone going into the turn of the year.

What wasn't frustrating was our league cup draw, which having been very kind up to the semi's, saw us take a place in a final four that even Gareth Southgate could only dream of.

I sold some clauses (got £7m for James Maddison's one) so we now have £15m to play with in the window, but not much wage budget around that. Still, game on and if we could survive and win the League Cup I'd be ecstatic.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even close to 16 years old with those stats.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That finish

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't resist it...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna get in the habit of just posting regens, but these mentals.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've scouted a right few corkers on Youth Intake day but 90% of the time they're far too loyal and reject me, the massive fannies. Belgium and Norway is an absolute hot bed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Endrick wants to leave and he's only got a year (and a bit) left on his contract so I'm going to have to do it

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting there.

Haaland is insane.

I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7.96 with 1.4 goals a game is fairly harsh.