User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 245 of 261 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,250 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There definitely appears to be a growing sentiment on this issue that enough is enough.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The replacement rail projects for 'The North' are a reasonable result out of the embarrassment, but what happens if/when they go drastically over budget as well? Also, this smoking ban idea is stupid.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they're just resorting to absolute gammon bait out of desperation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had Braverman going full National Front yesterday. They're definitely LURCHING to the right to win the pensioner votes back

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    Or they're just resorting to absolute gammon bait out of desperation.
    It genuinely concerns me the direction they might go in after they lose. Corbyn-esque irrelevance beckons.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great stories to come out of all this whole HS2 debacle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-67006024

It was probably Grant Shapps who bought it with some HS2 kickbacks when he was Transport Secretary.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    They had Braverman going full National Front yesterday. They're definitely LURCHING to the right to win the pensioner votes back
    If only there was some obvious flaw in non-white politicians delivering 'send the buggers back' messaging.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newsnight was a right laugh last night.

Poor Michele Donelan being rolled out in front of everyone to be absolutely battered.

Particularly liked the bit where she said with a straight face that it was legitimate to bundle the heckler out as he was seeking to curb Braverman's right to free speech. Obviously no double standard there whatsoever.

Then they had some Scottish woman Tory MSP the presenter just had to give up on and the director of Onward who looked about 12 but with the haircut and style of a 70 year old. Turns out he was 34.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    If only there was some obvious flaw in non-white politicians delivering 'send the buggers back' messaging.
    I seem to remember The BNP or Britain First or whoever it was having a resident Sikh that they used to wheel out when they wanted to something really mental said.

It's quite clever really. "I'm not racist, I agree with a coloured".

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Newsnight was a right laugh last night.

Poor Michele Donelan being rolled out in front of everyone to be absolutely battered.

Particularly liked the bit where she said with a straight face that it was legitimate to bundle the heckler out as he was seeking to curb Braverman's right to free speech. Obviously no double standard there whatsoever.

Then they had some Scottish woman Tory MSP the presenter just had to give up on and the director of Onward who looked about 12 but with the haircut and style of a 70 year old. Turns out he was 34.
    Sebastian Payne? Used to write for the Telegraph. Does indeed look like a weird adult child.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a lab grown Michel Gove.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, I'm older than Sebastian Payne? That's a serious problem for us both.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything Suella Braverman has said is true, but she's overseen record immigration into the country and seemingly hasn't done anything to reduce it, so it's a mixed bag for the fascism.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Stop the Boats (tm) not work out?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Record immigration that we need if any of us want to retire because none of you cunts are having kids. Childless women were 1 in 20 in 1970. It's 1 in 4 now. The over 50's outnumber newborns for the first time in recorded history.

We need immigration or population decline is going to make this an even more grim shithole to live in.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Record immigration that we need
    Where do I sign up?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Record immigration that we need if any of us want to retire because none of you cunts are having kids. Childless women were 1 in 20 in 1970. It's 1 in 4 now. The over 50's outnumber newborns for the first time in recorded history.

We need immigration or population decline is going to make this an even more grim shithole to live in.
    And yet the government does nothing to make having kids easier or more attractive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    And yet the government does nothing to make having kids easier or more attractive.
    Granted. Although to be fair similar stats are to be found in every developed nation. South Korea and Japan even more fucked than we are.

But yes. That should be a priority, but nobody is talking about it. Instead it's SMALL BOATS and INCREASING TAXES. Both of which are going to continue. The alternative is either even more debt, which is obviously not sustainable or find more costs to cut, which can only go so far.

And yet Dishi Rishi wants us to believe he's looking "long term", the populist twat.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we did need immigration in these numbers, which we don't unless the country exists to serve Uber Eats and crap universities selling visas, then it ought to be a lot more selective and with stricter residency conditions, rather than a load of Pakistanis, Indians, and other non-integrating retards who are liable to be 1) a lifetime drain on the Exchequer (either directly or through their dependents); and 2) adding weight to the ethnic strife down the line.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selective how? It's all well and good saying only Doctors, business experts, etc. but the country and the economy needs plebs too, and if only me and Baz are producing them, then we're bang in trouble. Our kids can only clean so many Indian Doctors' toilets. They need some Balkan help here.

At some point it is going to end up having to be quantity over quality.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the days when we had all the eastern European tradesmen you could want? Now you can't get a plumber or a spark for months. Nice one, Lewis.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Remember the days when we had all the eastern European tradesmen you could want? Now you can't get a plumber or a spark for months. Nice one, Lewis.
    On the other hand, Magic must have had toothache for atleast a year now, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work from home has, and will continue to, wreck the economy generally, particularly in the major cities. Nothing can function with 3 days a week as a best case scenario. It's better in the provinces, well, the one I'm in, as there are millions of pensioners who presumably prop up everything with all their disposable income, but in the end, if we are no longer committing to be out and about save for on our own selective terms nothing that you want to work will work, and so you'll use it even less/not at all. WFH and SOMA for all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The country doesn't need hundreds of thousands of foreign students insofar as it doesn't need half the universities it currently has, and they don't need to be carting their dependents over with them. The country doesn't need 'Turkish' barbers, hand car washes, couriers, and a load of other heavily-subsidised low wage workers when there are millions of people on some sort of out-of-work payments. Why is every security worker you ever see some bussed-in African or Indian? Why has British agricultural productivity uniquely flatlined over the last twenty years? The incentives for training and paying people are all over the place, and the people who ought to be complaining just ignore it because they think all immigrants are created equal and struggle with second order effects. And again, that's just the economic side of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they had shortsightedly incetivised farmers to put solar panels on their land as opposed to farming?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Work from home has, and will continue to, wreck the economy generally, particularly in the major cities. Nothing can function with 3 days a week as a best case scenario. It's better in the provinces, well, the one I'm in, as there are millions of pensioners who presumably prop up everything with all their disposable income, but in the end, if we are no longer committing to be out and about save for on our own selective terms nothing that you want to work will work, and so you'll use it even less/not at all. WFH and SOMA for all.
    How does wfh (let's be honest, it's pretty much only cushy office jobs that still do it) affect getting a tradesman, or a dentist or GP appointment?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can think of is WFH hitting the high street. Namely coffee shops and erm ... Greggs. But that hasn't really happened. Well, there's been some casualties in town but that's been replaced by those crafty Asians with their Boba Tea and Sushi joints. I'd take that over a half-empty street.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been a careful watcher of the middle class high street in my home town (now 4 miles from where I live) all my life. It was dying a death before and during the pandemic but now in the last 18 months new life has been breathed into it. Shops have closed; the ironmonger is history, the card shop is dead and the pharmacy is no more, but those units have been gobbled up. Burger King has come, Kokoro has come, some fucking Persian shithole has come; so has an extra curry house in addition to the three already there. Why? Because everyone's getting fucking takeaways, all the time, without stopping.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The country doesn't need 'Turkish' barbers, hand car washes, couriers, and a load of other heavily-subsidised low wage workers when there are millions of people on some sort of out-of-work payments.
    How about artisanal lawn tenders?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I've been a careful watcher of the middle class high street in my home town (now 4 miles from where I live) all my life. It was dying a death before and during the pandemic but now in the last 18 months new life has been breathed into it. Shops have closed; the ironmonger is history, the card shop is dead and the pharmacy is no more, but those units have been gobbled up. Burger King has come, Kokoro has come, some fucking Persian shithole has come; so has an extra curry house in addition to the three already there. Why? Because everyone's getting fucking takeaways, all the time, without stopping.
    And yet somehow doing that while we're in a 'cost of living CRISIS'.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of that is just the internet commoditising shite shops which have no real value. Their only USP was convenience and it's just as easy to click some buttons on your phone and get a delivery the next day.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just seen his smoking ban. What is the point in that exactly? There can't be many kids smoking cigarettes these days anyway. They're all in on vapes. They don't half like a pointless policy these lot. It's a good job they've already sorted everything important.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And on some finer points Lewis can elaborate on:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is stand up and fight the new strong and stable?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penny winning and blighting the airwaves with 5 years of that sub-GOT crap before losing by a landslide would be preferable to a few of the other options for after Rishi sails off to Sunset Boulevard.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Padded cell stuff. Every last one of them wants sectioning.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That road crossing video would have been made better if the arms out guy at the end had then been mown down by a car coming the other way.

What's the subtext there? People of certain ethnicity can't drive or just refuse to obey the rules of the road?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    This is absolutely fucking deranged.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how chuffed she clearly was with it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bitch: "Freedom, that is what Conservatives do!"

Sunak: "No fags for you old man."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even the most deranged person there though judging by Suella's performance.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like they sat down, realised they were fucked on their record, then brainstormed 'people don't like the ULEZ' and wrote FREEDOM on a whiteboard.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tobacco thing is so strange. Must have come off some desperate focus group spreadsheet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. It feels like the sort of thing old people would care about because their friends are all dropping dead from Lung Cancer. They don't realise that barely anyone under 30 smokes cigarettes these days anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just don't know how to do politics anymore. At least they used to be successful cunts.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The tobacco thing is so strange. Must have come off some desperate focus group spreadsheet.
    Isn't it just a copy and paste thing from PROGRESSIVE New Zealand?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. It feels like the sort of thing old people would care about because their friends are all dropping dead from Lung Cancer. They don't realise that barely anyone under 30 smokes cigarettes these days anyway.
    Huh

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    They just don't know how to do politics anymore. At least they used to be successful cunts.
    Oh, absolutely, but they must be pulling this out of touch bollocks from somewhere

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Huh
    You guys live in the 80's.