Page 106 of 142 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,300 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a FUT Champs SBC.

Turns out the thing I mentioned before is, trade in any 5 FUT Champs reds for an 83-86.

Alternatively there's a trade in 11 for an 86+. My disappointment with this is it's an 81 rating, but finally something to do with them.

I can't wait to see Nepenthez get CR7 or Messi out of his whilst I get a shite 86.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only got 4 and even if I had 5 I'd question the wisdom of putting them into an 83-86 upgrade.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it if you have 5 rated 80 and below. It's then worth the gamble and you could luck out on an 86.

I've got nine 82 and below rateds, having to put an 82 and 84 in there to make up the places. Seems like a no-brainer to see what I get. It's a choice of 3 players as a player pick too.
    Most likely I'll end up with three 86's, but I'm never using those other cards for anything.

Also, fuck me I've just seen the Cruyff requirements.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for the Futswap requirements at 7. If they've increased the difficulty due to the icon I'm going to be pissed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll likely be the final nail in my coffin if they give me some shit that makes me need to completely re-build my team.

Turned in my 11 reds. My 3 pick pack contained 86 Dembele, 89 Aubameyang and 86 Bellotti which I think is pretty good considering I gave them only 1 card I had to question even slightly.
    I'd usually have snapped up Aubameyang and been delighted, but having his POTM it felt like a waste. I took Dembele who looks a fantastic super-sub and could be useful in a potential La Liga requirement situation.

I also notice this doesn't have an expiration date, so I may revisit this down the line.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they want people playing weekend league more they'd do well to put it in from the start for FIFA20.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be good in theory, but then let's say you get Elite every weekend, you get 12 cards in 4 weeks, enough for an 86+. There might only be 4 or 5 players above that with a TOTW item out.

I think that's why it's out now. What will however be interesting is if they switch TOTS cards to red rewards. You could potentially re-roll.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 0 reds right now, I've been constantly putting what I had in SBCs.

Not that I had many as it took me ages to actually bother with WL and I haven't played now for 4 or 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot it was Easter holidays - 45 mile commute took 2 and a quarter hours and I only could fit 2 games in before the objective deadline. Went 1-0 up in the first after about 70 minutes from Werner, and the guy immediately quit. This meant I completed the Boateng objective, but had virtually no chance of completing the SMS one. Next game was tight, 2-2 just after half time but I think the opponent clocked that I was in a rush, and just wasted time for the hell of it. It ended 3-3 anyway but the guy was a complete cunt. Ended up 2 games short of SMS which is a bit of a sickener after wasting all my time on it.

Slight plus - the Rare Mega Pack SBC just gave me Eriksen, so I made 45k on that at least.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS.

I've traded 20+ in over the year for SBCs. I've got 9 left and 2 of those - Robertson and Anderson are in my B Team so I'm keen to keep. Two weekends and I'm there, I guess...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now with Weekend League swinging back around, I've got a bit of a problem with regards to how to fit Eusebio in. I suppose it's the best type of problem to have, but I really don't want to drop anyone in particular. My current squad is:

I find Dembele and Bale don't get involved very often in direct goals/assists, but the 4-3-3 does create lots of space for Isco and Wass to get forward into the channels, and they pick up a lot of goal contributions. I want to get Eusebio in the team; I'm not averse to changing formations, I have 800k spare to spend, and a few decent untradeables (Anderson Talisca, Can, Dani Alves, POTM Brandt) in the club. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just punt Griezmann.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play with 2 up front and drop Isco or Wass for him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or that.

I didn't see that you were up for changing formation.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just punt Griezmann.
    Griezmann is way too good to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Play with 2 up front and drop Isco or Wass for him.
    I know I should. Unfortunately through so many weekends I've developed attachments to them both.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play Griezy as a LCM and put Eusebio up top. Drop Isco.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Griezmann is way too good to get rid of.

I know I should. Unfortunately through so many weekends I've developed attachments to them both.
    https://www.futbin.com/19/compare/896/13099

I'm sure you'll miss the 2+ curve, 19 marking, 6 stand tackle, 11 slide tackle, 4 jumping and 1 aggression.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I run this in game with everyone on full chem. First WL with Cannavaro. 30 games by saturday night.

First games of WL with new team and nothing has changed. Im 6-2. The quest for elite 3 shall continue.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame I didn't have more coins at hand at 7pm. As soon as I saw that Colombian requirement I went and bought up Cuadrado as fast as I could. Managed to only make about 30k with it, but did so in about 20 minutes which is frustrating. That's the best I've done any kind of 'trading' all year.

The new Icons are a bit meh. They're frankly insulting Moore and Laudrup with those cards and as such are 500k and below. Hernandez would have been amazing to have in November, but as such the game has caught up with this new card already. Carlos and Rivaldo look decent, but aren't the top tier but for 1.1m each it's okay I guess.
    Cruyff at 3.5m is a bit of a joke to me. You're alienating 90% of your player base with that surely? Have that price and release it at the start of the game and you'd still just be getting there now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got red 84 Zapata to do the objective with, which I know won't enjoy. But Icon.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me 12 rivals matches to get the FUT Swap done with Cuadrado. You can apply stat cards and bring him off the bench to make things easier(EA have also fucked up and allowed stat cards to be used in WL too).

I'd have done it much, much quicker, however, in one game I missed a penalty in the 93rd minute with Cuadrado that would have won it 3-2, in another I got a penalty in the 88th and the guy quit as soon as I put Cuadrado on it. I had another guy leave as I was through 2v1 with Raul and Cuadrado to win it and lastly, I was leading a guy 2-0 for ages having scored with Cuadrado already, he went all out attack and pulled a goal back, but then the second he pulled the other one back in about the 82nd minute he quit.

Thankfully not near as bad as needing 10 wins, but they've got another 2 sets of these to get us through. Somewhere in there I'm also 5-0 up in the WL. I've set my full-backs to play on balanced, finally releasing the shackles to see how I like it. I've got to say Marcelo is very good so far.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before, but if there's a scummier community out there than the FIFA one I'd like to see it. Quitting before your opponent can score a penalty is so so low.

It's also just dawned on me that I don't think I'll be able to do get all 14 anyway as I'm away from Friday 19th to late Wednesday 25th, have a shit load of work to do when I get back and then a piss up on the 25th to go to, back to work on the Friday.

Damn it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this is going to be tedious...

Game 1: Had a load of the ball and created some chances, but he was great at moving his keeper. Lost 1-0. 0-1
    Game 2: Opponent has a bronze team with players all out of position. Game starts, he scores an own goal and quits. Bizarre. 0-2.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 3: Lost 5-3 with Zapata scoring (who even with attribute cards is awful) to the better player. But another drop back wanker, so grrr. 0-3.
    Game 4: Won 2-0 with Zapata scoring. Quite comfortable this one, with my beautiful Colombian rifling a timed shot in from 25 yards after a defensive error. 1-3.

Up and running, but fuck me do I hate this.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 06-04-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    https://www.futbin.com/19/compare/896/13099

I'm sure you'll miss the 2+ curve, 19 marking, 6 stand tackle, 11 slide tackle, 4 jumping and 1 aggression.
    It's not as if I think he's the better player. He's just been incredible ever since I started using him, my favourite player that I've used so far.

197 games, 209 goals, 101 assists, all in Weekend League.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some ways I envy you Thommo, to have that affinity with a player is what makes this game as good as it can be. Ultimately though, if you don't want to drop anyone you won't be using Eusebio.

Game 5: Brought in Muriel for Zapata and won 2-1 with the new Colombian scoring. Bossed the game, but nearly fucked it having been 2-0 up with 8 minutes left. 2-3.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 6 and job done. One of those frustrating games where you're playing someone you're obviously better than but nothing falls your way and inexplicably find yourself 2-0 down. Rallied to win 3-2, should have been 8 really but one of the three goals was from Muriel so I can take that shitehawk out of my team now.

That was much less painful than I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some ways I envy you Thommo, to have that affinity with a player is what makes this game as good as it can be. Ultimately though, if you don't want to drop anyone you won't be using Eusebio.

Game 5: Brought in Muriel for Zapata and won 2-1 with the new Colombian scoring. Bossed the game, but nearly fucked it having been 2-0 up with 8 minutes left. 2-3.
    I feel that way about a lot of the team, it's gone through about 9 or 10 Weekend Leagues without much change. Isco and Wass both have over 200 games with 80-90 goals each.

I dropped Griezmann back to CM and put Isco on the bench. Griezmann scored within 2 minutes anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 2: Opponent has a bronze team with players all out of position. Game starts, he scores an own goal and quits. Bizarre. 0-2.
    Self relegating, only counts if they give you a goal first.

I can't say I blame people either. They've all been shoved into divisions they don't want to be in and now need to do stuff like this if they want that Icon. I'm tempted myself, however the time it will take is now tedious. You used to lose 30-40 points for a loss in Rivals but now it's more like 15. To get back to Div 2 I have to drop from 2350 down to 1800 skill points. I really can't be assed sitting for an hour or 2 just relegating myself.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was 11-2 and now im 12-8. People are cutting through the centre of my team and my CMs are nowhere to be seen. I just cant play when it fees like this, everything i try and do fails. Then it gets worse when at the end of the game, my opponents user name is Jose Marie Font and Dimiritiv Belorog. Im playing internationals

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Self relegating, only counts if they give you a goal first.

I can't say I blame people either. They've all been shoved into divisions they don't want to be in and now need to do stuff like this if they want that Icon. I'm tempted myself, however the time it will take is now tedious. You used to lose 30-40 points for a loss in Rivals but now it's more like 15. To get back to Div 2 I have to drop from 2350 down to 1800 skill points. I really can't be assed sitting for an hour or 2 just relegating myself.
    We're still playing the same level of opposition as before though, no? I thought that was matched by skill rating, which hasn't changed.

EDIT: I'm in Division 4 now as a result of the change and not finding it any harder, for example.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to do the Carlos loan and see how he is.

Currently got this as my "main" team.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly yes, but people just want an easier time during the week. Given I plan to just take coins from Rivals from now, I'll be looking at 80k Rank 1, which requires a lot of Div 1 rivals. 61k Rank 2, which would probably be 5 games or so more at least. 42k Rank 3 which is what I'd get for playing no extra rivals games.

If I relegated myself down to Div 4 I reckon Rank 1 wont require too many games more than just my WL games and will be a hell of a lot less stressful, I'd be getting 65k for that too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a nice team Danny. That Martial was tearing me apart on Rivals this week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. I have 500k and a bunch of high level untradeables, thats why I am looking at Carlos. Ill probably upgrade to De Gea soon too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev got him as one of his 80+ upgrade picks last week the bastard.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be pointed out that I must have opened in excess of 60 of those packs, maybe even as many as 100.

Haven't used him yet mind.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ramsey looks reasonably priced. Tempted to get him purely out of my love for the geezer, but he’s unlikely to get into any team.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need three from four for gold 1. I think I need to go back to 4231. People are just doing quick one-twos to their CAM and ST and the one CDM I have, just isnt backing it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want the game to feel the same, but it never does. Gameplay varies all the time. Why?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much will Microsoft likely have paid Nepenthez to switch to Mixer from Twitch?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did EA bother to get Martin Tyler to record commentary for any of the new icons?

Both Blanc and Cruyff (loan) don't have their names read out which is quite jarring.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like it involves digging into profits. Silly Yev.

Decided to redeem my draft token from the weekly objective to see what kind of team I'd get. Ended with TOTY KDB, VVD and Mbappe. All of whom are ridiculous.
    Got to the final and noted my opponent to be a keen goalkeeper mover. I did this to him and he soon left:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wo...video/72629945

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very satisfying free kick. I still haven't tried draft mode at all this year.

6-4 so far in FUT Champions. Couple of losses I was outclassed, a couple I threw away. Eusebio has got 11 goals & 7 assists in the games so far, he feels very slick on the ball. Griezmann has still got 8 goals from CM, and his High/High work rates mean he does actually get back fairly well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just drafted a single player one and my attack/midfield is bonkers, the defence is horrendous though.

Moments Lineker, TOTY KDB, 95 RW Messi, Birthday Promes, Moments Giggs, Moments Best, Moments Del Piero, FFS Arthur and Birthday Alaba.

When I play it tomorrow I will have to start with base Marcos Alonso, base Acerbi, UP Skriniar, IF Arias and some non rare gold Italian GK.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13-6 so far. Have had some incredibly boring games against drop backers where I've ended up just controlling possession whilst ahead, and they still are sat at 1 depth. Weirdos.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    13-6 so far. Have had some incredibly boring games against drop backers where I've ended up just controlling possession whilst ahead, and they still are sat at 1 depth. Weirdos.
    This.

They refuse to change, even last 10 mins when losing. Sad thing is, if you say fuck it and just go at them you play into their hands.

Sometimes I'd rather every game was 6-5.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss the FUT of 09-13 for that. Saying that, I don't miss some of the mechanics. The year we all just chipped through balls to 99 pace strikers all game long was a bit much.

I think custom tactics just lets people go too far for FUT - it works much better in seasons/h2h from what I hear where there's no chem, so if you do PTB and invite teams on to you, your defenders aren't goliaths that block everything. It's great stuff for career moders too I'm sure, but I'd welcome a custom FUT tactics range that is more balanced for the game mode.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8-2.

I gave in and gave drop back, 1 depth a go and it's stupid. One loss came from me just being unable to finish my dinner. I hit the bar 3 times and some goalkeeper movement at the death of extra time sent it to pens. I'm shit at them so that was that.

Then came what Merse described before. Another player using the same tactic. I scored in the first minute and then we just camped out on each other boxes when it was our turn to attack. He then scored from the second half kick off. The deadlock was finally broken in the 84th minute. I made 3 consecutive tackles on his player only for the ball to drop back to him, after the 3rd he had a simple cut back. I moved Ramos to cut it out and he auto lunged over the top of the ball. De Gea could have still saved it but took 10 years to decide to go get it and it hit him and trickled in. I still then somehow put a green timed shot from the corner of the 6 yard box completely wide of the goal.

Those 2 games make me want to believe in some kind of scripting. But I can see how effective this drop back shit is. You either have to get lucky with a cross somewhere or play some lightning build up play inside the box.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the ramsey sbc and it looks decent. They have him listed as 6 foot. I havent seen his card in game but that height sounds dodgy.