Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I know how it's a walkout but no idea how he knows it's an 86.
    The camera/audio on the streamer is usually ahead of the screen cap and console audio. Most YouTubers edit the Vids but can’t do so in streams. If the footage was originally streamed, it’s not surprising. Nick often comments in this on his streams, opening up to say the stream will be 1-2 secs behind before he kicks off opening packs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im going to do the Zlatan SBC even though im not currently playing the game that much. I played one game last night and an opponent had him at CDM linked to three icons and he was ridicilously good. I have how you can postion change ST all the way back to CDM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only came across him twice I believe. The first time was off the subs bench and his first touch was to head in a near post corner.

Bottled him up the second time though.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I played one game last night and an opponent had him at CDM linked to three icons and he was ridicilously good. I have how you can postion change ST all the way back to CDM.
    Why would you do that?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For chemistry.

You can then switch in game.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I bought Marcelo and Varane as they're appreciating nicely. Unfortunately Mbappe is also increasing at a rate that makes it unlikely I'll afford him in the next month or two.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vidal the best from my SB rewards.

I'm surprised I got the swap player too, I didn't notice he was there so only played a handful of games which was fortunately enough.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Why would you do that?
    For chemistry.

You can then switch in game.
    Spelling is worse than normal. I hate how you can postion change ST all the way back to CDM. The person I faced, didnt switch Zlatan to ST once the game started. He kept him at CDM. He was a monster in that posisiton. So many small things need changing with the game. I spend most of time bitching about it

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would you stop it? There's no position change in that sequence that doesn't make complete sense.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only postion change a ST to a CF and then to a CAM. You shoudlnt be able to go lower than that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what if I want to change a CAM, let's say De Bruyne, to a CM?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The solution would be to hard code a position into each card then say you can only go two in either direction from that, but knowing EA they'd arse it up and not change the hard coding on TOTW cards with position changes, or have it default to the current position when you buy/sell the card.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think players should only be allowed to move once or twice from their natural position, whilst adding in some new position modifiers.

So an ST could play at LF at RF and potentially as far back as CAM. A CDM could play at CB or CM, and wingers could swap sides.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what if I want to change a CAM, let's say De Bruyne, to a CM?
    That is fine. You can take a natural CAM all the way back to CM and CDM. But a default ST, you should'nt be able to go from ST>CF>CAM>CM>CDM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    I think players should only be allowed to move once or twice from their natural position, whilst adding in some new position modifiers.

So an ST could play at LF at RF and potentially as far back as CAM. A CDM could play at CB or CM, and wingers could swap sides.
    Special cards that you cant postion change could be good also.

A whole new chemistry system would be refreshing. Maybe you get chemistry based on how many times players have started together that they link too. Mind wine.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like SBC cards to get an additional bonus also. Could make it easier to link cards that wouldn't get used otherwise.

Also, after Tevez and Ibra I would love to see a flashback Fernando Torres.
    Last edited by five time; 14-01-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simplest way would be to use a players ‘real’ positions. They have all them in career mode. Just bring those over.

The problem there is, if you let players play their positions with no modification, you eliminate pack fillers. Something I think EA would be hesitant to do. The system would have to lock players into a position but allow positions change cards to move them between their options.

You would run into issues like RF and LF. I doubt anyone is listed with that position in career. Probably just RW and LW. So it would have to be worked on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think I can finish a 86, 87, 88 rated squad on Stoichkov in 24 days. Got 390k coins. Got 3300+ players but most are worth fuck all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could do it easily if you 'icon craft'.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you’re taking the piss with that Mahow, and I agree that it’s worth of derision, but there’s nothing left to craft now anyway is there?

You’d have to be insane to do it with two player upgrade packs without the league ones to put them in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just do the gold upgrade packs but you'd obviously have so many shit gold rares by the end.

Could get lucky though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of which I did some more this morning on the back of squad battles rewards and got Lewa from one and Umtiti from a La Liga upgrade pack.

I thought a TOTY was written in the stars when I saw the first and second walkout sign....

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see there's another promo coming on the 18th.

It's simply too much and I can't dedicate this much of my time to this game.

Sorely tempted for next year just to do a 'pack only, nothing can be bought from the market' game, with no FIFA Points natch. I need something to get off the hamster wheel that this game is and a shit team should do that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    That is fine. You can take a natural CAM all the way back to CM and CDM. But a default ST, you should'nt be able to go from ST>CF>CAM>CM>CDM.
    I’d be inclined to agree. Mbappe should be able to be converted to Striker, and Ronaldo to RW or LW. Similarly Hazard to and from. But Ronaldo as a DM? Even Bergkamp as a Cm? I’d say one position move forward-back or left to right per player, including left to right and centre to win should be possible. The player attributes should then govern the rest.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could make Mbappe a striker he'd immediately triple in value, so there wouldn't be a RW version left in the game. They'd have to make players changed in that way untradeable or it'd be game over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I see there's another promo coming on the 18th.

It's simply too much and I can't dedicate this much of my time to this game.

Sorely tempted for next year just to do a 'pack only, nothing can be bought from the market' game, with no FIFA Points natch. I need something to get off the hamster wheel that this game is and a shit team should do that.
    What could possibly be becoming?

I am like you, addicted to this game. I don't actually play that many games (10 a week plus 30 weekend league) but I am constantly looking at the market and the mobile phone app hasn't helped matters, checking it all day! At least I have managed to avoid spending on FIFA points this year, although I would probably exchange £200 for the time I have spent pissing around trading.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of which I did some more this morning on the back of squad battles rewards and got Lewa from one and Umtiti from a La Liga upgrade pack.

I thought a TOTY was written in the stars when I saw the first and second walkout sign....
    Just look at the ring of colour.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figo SBC out.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I’d be inclined to agree. Mbappe should be able to be converted to Striker, and Ronaldo to RW or LW. Similarly Hazard to and from. But Ronaldo as a DM? Even Bergkamp as a Cm? I’d say one position move forward-back or left to right per player, including left to right and centre to win should be possible. The player attributes should then govern the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    If you could make Mbappe a striker he'd immediately triple in value, so there wouldn't be a RW version left in the game. They'd have to make players changed in that way untradeable or it'd be game over.
    I agree with John. You shoulnt be able to move postions across the field. If you want to play a RW on the LW, you can, put he should be on 7 Chem as he is now. The only posistion change issue I have is with ST, moving them into CM and CDM. That is a problem.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    What could possibly be becoming?

I am like you, addicted to this game. I don't actually play that many games (10 a week plus 30 weekend league) but I am constantly looking at the market and the mobile phone app hasn't helped matters, checking it all day! At least I have managed to avoid spending on FIFA points this year, although I would probably exchange £200 for the time I have spent pissing around trading.
    That is a very good point. I've probably played this game over a prolonged period of time more than anything ever, bar a game I had on FM with Eibar and when I compare the two, that was much more enjoyable. When I compare it to the things I've played for less time over the same sort of time period (mainly Bethesda games) I also enjoy those more too.

I'm basically playing this so much in pursuit of a never ending level of attainment that can't possibly be reached and all resets again in 6 months (I'm taking that from the time the content will have well and truly died) and worse still I'm playing no new games as a result.

I really like it (obviously), but I need to work out a way to play it a lot less.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at the ring of colour.
    ....And then realised it wasn't when I saw the gold ring.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for chemistry and position changes, it's fine.

It gives the game an interesting edge that wouldn't be there if you could play Neymar in any of the forward positions and link him perfectly with Zlatan.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for chemistry and position changes, it's fine.

It gives the game an interesting edge that wouldn't be there if you could play Neymar in any of the forward positions and link him perfectly with Zlatan.
    I'd agree. It's orders of magnitude better than the old system, where each card had an assigned formation and the only way to get a player on higher than 8 chemistry was to play that formation.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for helping me get the fut swap token for Friendly Seasons?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, lets go Merse. I will sign on now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'd agree. It's orders of magnitude better than the old system, where each card had an assigned formation and the only way to get a player on higher than 8 chemistry was to play that formation.
    Indeed. 5-2-2-1 players.

EDIT: That's probably a meta as fuck formation this year mind.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18th is probably going to be ratings refresh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Monday games count towards SIF Jesus because he would be an utter beast. If it does come I would hope it would be under 400K.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't.

De Gea and Suarez will be the only ones worth packing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, lets go Merse. I will sign on now.
    GG man, cheers for those. How're the upgrades going for you - Hazard, Aurier? Found the latter hard to beat.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played Merse, couldn't get a look in at all! Thanks for the last goal.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to hold myself away from the full addiction with FIFA so far this year, but I still spend hours not even playing, sorting out my club and completing various shit SBCs. I feel like with a bit more time on my hands I would easily slip back into old habits.

Trying to plan my next move for my La Liga team. I need to upgrade Gabriel at the back, but he's only in to give chemistry to Flashback Dani Alves at RB. Could also do with a better striker than TOTT Gerard Moreno. I bought him solely to try him out as he looked comparable to 84 Alcacer, who I love. He's generally been pretty shit though, quite weak and whilst his finishing is class, he gets closed down quickly and can't find space to shoot often.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have times where they hate their team and can't decide what to do with it? I've wasted far too much money on untradeable SBC players this year and it's a struggle to switch my team up as a result. Waiting game on an icon SBC I want to throw them in I suppose.

Shifted Messi after persevering with him for a while. His shooting is immense but I'm not very good at skills/dribbling so I wasn't getting the best from him. Found that he gets knocked off the ball too easily/closed down quickly and his stamina means he's dead by the 50th minute.

I'll probably wait for this weeks rewards/that promo before spending any real coins. I was looking at Henrik Larsson to link into Ibra but I think he's jumped nearly 500k this week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    GG man, cheers for those. How're the upgrades going for you - Hazard, Aurier? Found the latter hard to beat.
    Aurier seems solid and he had a lot to do then! Hazard I really enjoyed in the couple games I had before I played you but he obviously barely got a look in then.

I thought you were the better player in the first game even though I got the win and the last four games confirms it. Still happy to play any time.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one issue I have is this switching IF Griezmann - Scream Koke around from LW to CM. It's put me in a sticky place as I can't upgrade one in isolation, as there's only really Griezmann that works as a LW but can be moved from CM on chem, and Koke is the only LM I know that's dying to be a CM really. Otherwise, whilst I've got plenty of untradeables, I'm really glad I've worked some of them into my B squad and benches and it's really fun side - Keane and Campbell Primes until they get thrown into a top end Icon SBC, Futmas Firmino, Flashback Pato, POTM Lucas and a bunch of Red Champs Cards and RTTF Mkhitaryan to name a few.

Glad Lucas is the only POTM I've done this year though. With the exception of the Icons, I've set a limit of c. 100k for SBC players. Milinkovic Savic, Mkhitaryan, Kroos, Firmino and Casillas were all really good value, indeed the packs were almost free considering the price:OVR ratio. Last year I ploughed probably 1-2 million in to POTM SBCs.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aurier seems solid and he had a lot to do then! Hazard I really enjoyed in the couple games I had before I played you but he obviously barely got a look in then.

I thought you were the better player in the first game even though I got the win and the last four games confirms it. Still happy to play any time.
    Yeh, I'm up for it - have enjoyed our games as like me, you seem more concerned with making something happen than always playing the meta ball/shot/whatever. I do you find you worrying in full flight - that KdB/Auba/Jesus/Hazard combo is terrifying at times, and a couple of those could have edged either way with the luck of the green on the other side.

You also rinsed me when I switched to attacking at 2-0 in the first game tonight, (it brings up Marcelo and Lala) I've been experimenting building a lead on Neutral and then switching to attacking to match the opposition and try to kill it off with a third rather than sitting on the same lead as I so often concede when sticking with Neutral. I think I've worked out that it works against a 3 man attack (CAM/ST/ST or RW/LW/ST) but not 4/5 (CAM/ST/LW/RW or RM/LM/CAM/ST/ST, like yours).

That's me got me Promes OTW. First FUT Swaps player for me.

They'd better release something to stick him into for a new OTW, as that German RB looked very tasty.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chap with all the packs saved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...om_25_million/

He opened as many as 2,400 packs in the end through recycling the cards and did pull 8 (yes eight) TOTY players (some were duplicates), but not a single icon. Not one.

He also got fucked over by EA for doing too many SBC's, which is even more ludicrous than the transfer ban.

What does this mean? I think I've sussed the odds.

As a comparison to what I did, it took him well over 350 specific league player packs before he got his first toty from them - of the 479 packs I opened, only 149 of them were specific league player packs.

If it was 350 exactly to pack one then his hit rate was less than 0.3%, which from those upgrade packs I could believe. I think it took Nepenthez 500 La Liga upgrade packs to get Varane x 2, which would obviously be 0.4% bang on, and christ knows how many two player upgrade packs it took Nick to get Kante.

From this (obviously relatively small sample size admittedly) I'm reasonably comfortable in saying that the chance to pack a TOTY from the league upgrade player packs was no worse than 0.25%, but that probably doesn't count the Serie A ones, which I think would be below 0.1% to get Ronaldo.

So if it was 0.25%, you'd need to open 400 Premium League packs to statistically expect one, obviously you might be 'unlucky' and need to open more, but 400 should do it.

400 of those packs equates to 10,000,000 coins worth, or 140,000 FIFA Points, or £840 (with the EA discount). But, (and it's a big but) that many coins, FIFA Points or pounds only buys you 80 Ultimate Packs and as we said before, we know the odds of packing a TOTY player from one of those packs is less than 1% and you'd need to open at least 100 to expect to pull one.

It's at this point I realise you can scrap what I said above, the odds from those packs is actually lower than 0.25% and Nepenthez and this Twitter chap actually got lucky packing what they did so soon.

I mean, sweet mother of God. It also explains perfectly why I didn't pack one (or get a real meta player), I simply didn't have enough packs to tip the odds in my favour. Which I knew, but what I didn't know is that I didn't actually have enough not only by half, but not even by a third.

Ignoring the Serie A packs, I think the actual odds of getting a TOTY from a Premium EPL or La Liga upgrade pack (probably Ligue 1 as well) was somewhere between 0.1% and 0.2%. That's 500 to 1,000 packs, 12.5m to 25m coins worth, 175,000 to 350,000 FIFA Points or in something that actually matters, £1,050 to £2,100.

This would also put the odds of the Ultimate Packs at somewhere from opening 100 to 200 of them, or if you prefer, 0.5% to less than 1%....
    Last edited by Yevrah; 14-01-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See you know it's a sham, but when you see it actually broken down like that it's actually quite scary. Because you know there are people that will continue to chuck money on until they get one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgetting he makes a living out of it, what's crazy to think is that Bateson's 600k of FIFA Points to pull one isn't particularly unlucky and conversely your one packed from, what, (10 upgrade packs?) is off the charts.

Or at least it would be, if everyone had the same odds all of the time, but I don't think they do, which is where it gets really sinister.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys seem to have many issues with X-Box controllers?

I have a problem where the left analogue stick seems to be very sensitive and if I push it up or down it will tend to carry on selecting in that direction until I move it again (even though the physical stick returns to the middle).

Best way to describe it, if I try to change my free kick taker while lined up for a free kick I will go to the list and push up / down but it will flick through the options making it impossible to select your correct option (you have have noticed this when I took a free kick Merse, I was trying to select Mahrez but gave up and went with whoever it landed on). I actually almost quick sold De Bruyne the other night when going to the menu to apply a contract, I accidentally hit 'Quick Sell' because it started flicking through the options and then instinctively hit 'A' thinking I would be applying a contract. Thankfully it was on whichever selection backs out of quick selling.

It doesn't seem to impact general play too much but selecting lists is a night mare. I also cannot take a penalty without going down the middle because trying to direct left / right will result in the player hitting it massively wide.

This will potentially be my 3rd controller in a year and they are well looked after. Perhaps it's all the sniping.