User Tag List

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1734

Thread: The Hip Hop Thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a Jay-Z and Beyonce surprise joint album now exists.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xxxtentacion shot in Miami. He looks dead in the videos going about

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    xxxtentacion shot in Miami. He looks dead in the videos going about
    I'm praying it's fake (like all the other dumb shit he does). No bullet holes, no glass broken or anything... video conveniently with some random guy checking his pulse. Idk dude.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s dead :’(

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely awful. I'm sad as fuck if i'm honest.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XXX was a fucking scumbag. Good riddance

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kid was an absolute scumbag but doesn’t mean he deserve to be murdered in the street. God knows a lot of my favourite artists have done some questionable shit in the past.

Certainly had talent as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be better if he was locked up, but I can't say I feel this was a bad thing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck him, what a twat. Although my first reaction to this news was 'was he the rapist that kidnapped his girlfriend or the one with the stupid hair and face tats with the paedophile for a manager' turned out I was right on both counts.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a don regardless.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a mid-tier soundcloud rapper.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s normally your thing, too.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    XXX was a fucking scumbag. Good riddance
    +1
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My exposure to his music was very limited (some of his early stuff and that album Kendrick endorsed, that was about it I think) and, based on what I read about him, he admittedly didn't seem like a very nice person, but the nasty undercurrent of people saying he "got what he deserved", or things of that nature, is just really unpleasant. We're talking about a 20 year old kid getting shot in the face here, and for what?

In the better part of two decades as a Hip-Hop fan a lot of fads and musical phases have come and gone, some of which have passed me be (the kind of music he made being a notable example I guess) but violence like this has, unfortunately, always been a sad constant. It's senseless, and there's never a cause to endorse it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    He was a mid-tier soundcloud rapper.
    His album went #1, he was probably one of if not the most important of the "soundcloud rappers" outside of maybe Uzi.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if anywhere’ll take bets on when 6ix9ine will suffer the same fate.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    His album went #1, he was probably one of if not the most important of the "soundcloud rappers" outside of maybe Uzi.
    Isn't #1 something pathetic like 10k sales?

edit: lol soundcloud rapper confirmed

XXXTentation's ?, received 159 million streams, though sold just 20,000 physical copies.
    there are no important soundcloud rappers. they are soundcloud rappers, they are gum on your shoe.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The album charts are essentially meaningless to me these days. The whole streaming thing has just made them pointless and convoluted beyond belief.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I sound like an old man in that post.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The album charts are essentially meaningless to me these days. The whole streaming thing has just made them pointless and convoluted beyond belief.
    Especially when Tidal are just traight up lying about their numbers.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially when Tidal are just traight up lying about their numbers.
    They're so bold faced with that too. I can remember them releasing some ridiculous stats about the number of streams/new members they had racked up after The Life of Pablo dropped and just thinking "that's quite clearly not true".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone cheering his death because he did fucked up shit at age 15 is kinda sad tbh. He had literally donated a ton of money to a battered women's shelter, was planning to do a charity function in Miami this weekend, and by all accounts had really turned his life around.

He died at 20 years old. So much time to continue turning his life around and do good with his money and fame.

I'm not saying what he did was right or condoning it, just wish we cared as much about being the first to condemn someone as we do about actually learning about their lives entirely and, maybe not understanding, but accepting that few of us are perfect and that we all deserve second chances to do right in our lives.

Had he been convicted and jailed for 20-30 years, that would have been just. Celebrating his death, not so much.

Lennon beat the shit out of women, admitted it in song, sang about wanting to kill a woman who potentially cheated on him... Did he deserve to die, too? Bowie fucked 15 year olds while his wife banged on the door trying to get in.

idk.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Lennon was a fucked up human being too. I can't respect his music as a result

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all John Lennons a fucking dickhead. Fuck the prick.

Secondly,

"Few of us are perfect and we all deserve second chances."

I'm just going to leave a few timeline things here. Let's start in 2016

Late May: The first instance of domestic violence allegedly takes place. According to his ex-girlfriend’s testimony, XXXTentacion threatened to penetrate her vagina with a “barbecue cleaner” or a “barbecue fork.”

Mid-July (approximately): The second incident of alleged domestic violence occurs. XXXTentation allegedly kicked, punched, tackled, and “stomped on” his ex-girlfriend, because he heard her singing another artist’s song, the testimony in Pitchfork states. He also threatened to “cut out,” her tongue, the victim said.

eptember 16: XXXTentacion agrees to house arrest, and is released from jail. Soon after, he allegedly assaults his ex-girlfriend again after she confesses to sleeping with another man. According to her testimony, he put a knife to her throat, strangled her “a little bit,” and threatened to hit her with a glass bottle.

Early October: XXXTentaction’s ex-girlfriend finds out that she is pregnant with his child.

October 6–8: Over the course of two days, several instances of domestic violence allegedly take place. According to XXXTentacion’s ex-girlfriend’s testimony, he threatened to kill her and her unborn child before elbowing, punching, and kicking her. When she asked other residents of the pair’s apartment to take her to the hospital, XXXTentacion refused to let her leave. She recalls him saying that she needed to wait until her face (which was severely beaten) had healed. XXXTentacion and his housemates then drive her to another apartment, where they leave her in a bedroom and confiscate her phone. She is trapped there for two days until, on October 8, she manages to escape and contact the police.

I see like 4 mistakes and multiple second chances in a like... 4 month period, two years ago and this is all before he starts being managed by a fucking paedophile.

Look if you want to stan for the complete asshole soundcloud rapper you do you, but trying to admonish other people for calling him a dickhead? Get the fuck out.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to leave a few things here.

[B]Late May: allegedly

[B]Mid-July (approximately): alleged

September 16:allegedly

October 6–8: allegedly.
    For the record I'm not saying he wasn't a dickhead and although I highlighted the "alleged" parts of all of those I'm sure there must be some semblance of truth in them. I totally get that.

But we're talking about a kid. When these other people did this shit they were adults who should've known better. XXX wasn't too young to know he wasn't doing wrong, I'm not trying to condone or make excuses for him. What I'm saying is that he would have to pay the piper for his own crimes eventually (and was still up for trial, i.e. why it's still all "alleged"(and apparently one ex of his had came out and said she made stuff up though i don't truthfully know which one.)

What I'm saying is nobody deserves to be gunned down like that at such a young age, especially considering it probably had nothing to do with his alleged crimes and all to do with the ignorant street mentality that plagues hip hop music.

Now, I obviously respect that you can call Lennon a dickhead at the same time. I have no qualms with your stance in particular if I'm being honest because you've shown a consistency in your thinking.

I just feel as if a lot of people will go off and talk about how Lennon, Bowie, etc. were all geniuses and great people and this and that but largely try to ignore their own atrocities. People only care about the negatives when it's convenient for them. The great tragedy of Lennon's death, how could someone shoot a man so into peace and love, etc. etc.... largely seems shameful when considering the reaction to X's murder.

X, by all recent accounts, was doing the utmost to turn his life around. A lot of his music had a positive message and apparently helped a lot of young people who were going thru/struggling with depression and things of that nature. That doesn't excuse what he (allegedly) did, but I don't feel comfortable with how some folks are seemingly happy about his demise knowing many of their favorite artists (like Eminem for example) rapped about and did the same type of abusive shit. I find it wildly hypocritical.

I just don't really understand why some people feel the need to remind everyone how "moral" they are in these instances. Do people get points for outwardly hating people who they've never met on the internet? Do they use those points for discounts somewhere? I truly just don't understand.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, who would go on moral crusades against people they've never met on the internet, bruhnaldo. Do I need to copy/paste spam that around the forum or have I suitably made my point?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So me expressing disappointment that people are so quick to cheer a man's death when they idolize others who have done basically the same thing is = people who rush to go online to cheer said man's death because they want everyone to know how morally sound they MUST be by doing so?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf as much as I disliked him, I wouldn’t say I was glad he was dead. I didn’t know him. Celebrity deaths (almost) never make me feel anything, but for him if I had to decide between happy and sad I guess I’d chose happy purely because from the stories I’ve heard he wasn’t a very nice person.
    I can understand people being sad though especially if they like his music cos there’ll be no truly new stuff.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was fairly out of touch but having just seen the 2018 XXL Freshman list I now think otherwise.

Stefflon Don is on there, which really surprised me. She's fucking mega tbf, in more ways than one.

Also good on there are Wifisfuneral, Trippie Redd, and Smokepurpp. The latter of which seems to have been around for ages but really really hasn't. Drake single-handedly got Blocboy JB on there too, thanks to the feature blowing his single up.

Never heard of Ski Mask The Slump God, YBN Nahmir, J.I.D or Lil Skies though. Also never listened to Lil Pump but noticed he's on at Leeds Festival.

Biggest surprise is Denzel Curry not being on there. If he's not on 2019 something's up.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been listening to this album so much since it came out. I can never get enough of that grimy New York sound

The whole Griselda camp are probably my favourites out right now. I'd love a Gunn/Conway/Benny album produced by Roc Marci or Daringer. Although this one isn't as good as FLYGOD and the mixing is iffy on a few tracks, and sometimes the adlibs grate a bit.
    Last edited by nsd; 08-07-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denzel Curry is so good.

TA1300 could be AOTY.

He's in Manchester in December but it's on a goddamn Wednesday.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just listened to The Imperial for the first time the other day, actually. I've never actually paid him that much attention. I bought that Nostalgic 64 (?) record when it first came out and sort of drifted away from him after that. Anything else I should be looking out for?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Biggest surprise is Denzel Curry not being on there. If he's not on 2019 something's up.
    Denzel was 2016 XXL Freshman Class

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just listened to The Imperial for the first time the other day, actually. I've never actually paid him that much attention. I bought that Nostalgic 64 (?) record when it first came out and sort of drifted away from him after that. Anything else I should be looking out for?
    It sounds like you're more qualified than me to answer your own question. Planet Shrooms (second half of 32 Zel) is probably worth a listen. (It starts with the Big Rube track) Smoke 2049 is smoooooth.

Imperial is the best though. What did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Denzel was 2016 XXL Freshman Class
    lol I should really research stuff sometimes.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Imperial is the best though. What did you think of it?
    Pretty impressed with it. Looks like he has something new out at the end of the month? Hopped back on the bandwagon at just the right time!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty impressed with it. Looks like he has something new out at the end of the month? Hopped back on the bandwagon at just the right time!
    Haha you were well on the bandwagon before me, I think. Yeah TA13OO is the new album. There’s been three songs released from it so far (Percs is my favourite) and I like that they’ve all been a bit different, so it should be a good mix of songs. It’s a three-part album, apparently, so being released over three days but I’ll probably just wait until day three and listen to it all. There’s been a few teasers/snippets/live performances but I’d rather wait for the full project.

There’s a Flying Lotus produced track featuring Goldlink, callled Black Balloons, which should be good. Or maybe the Elliott Smith-ness of the title is swaying me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty impressed with the new Denzel album. I've never really given him a proper listen before, I think I had him down (completely unfairly) as some kind of generic southern Migos-esque mumble-trap so I just never really bothered. The Fantano review swayed me and I'm quite enjoying Taboo.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsd View Post
    Pretty impressed with the new Denzel album. I've never really given him a proper listen before, I think I had him down (completely unfairly) as some kind of generic southern Migos-esque mumble-trap so I just never really bothered. The Fantano review swayed me and I'm quite enjoying Taboo.
    He's actually quite the opposite, isn't he? his delivery is sometimes almost too clear that it can sound strange. It reminds me of the type of CD you buy for £3 outside of rap gigs from rappers trying to make a name for themselves, and most of it is just very fast talking with no real flow over some crappy looped beat.

I'm not saying Denzel Curry's like that, mind you. I really rate Taboo. Percs and Sumo are still great; Super Saiyan Superman is probably my favourite track, and reluctantly I'm a massive fan of Cash Maniac.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to say what the fuck are you on about but then i read the second paragraph

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Anderson Paak video is very good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PNL back at it

And for some reason S-Pion (PNL affiliate) has a monkey in a Leeds top in his video. Two worlds I never expected to collide.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 20-08-2018 at 02:52 PM.

leedsrevolution
    Made a lofi hip hop chill album.

https://electricsheep42.bandcamp.com/releases

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eminem dropping an album and firing shots at everyone and their Mother without any prior warning has made this a beautiful day.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fucking terrible throughout. He should grow up and stop talking about "raping the alphabet".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopsin’s video response to being named on a track was probably better than the entire album. He was sooooo excited.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone found the Coli ?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    It's fucking terrible throughout. He should grow up and stop talking about "raping the alphabet".
    Hova is the only one of the old elite who transitions extremely well in this era.
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 06-09-2018 at 10:11 PM.