78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could use a big magnet.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's what I was thinking (the financial responsibility part). How in the fuck would we even fund such a thing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    They could use a big magnet.
    Now we're fucking cooking.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Well that's what I was thinking (the financial responsibility part). How in the fuck would we even fund such a thing.
    Incredibly easily, finding the money isn't the financially irresponsible part.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You also don't have mandatory national service that comes with regular psychological assessments and weapons training, so not everyone's allowed to carry one. Handguns and other personal arms are incredibly hard to get etc. It's what comes with it.

The second amendment says you have a right to bare arms as part of a regulated militia, not as some bloke that's watched too much Fox news and has gone from not locking his door for the last 30 years to thinking the Mexicans are going to rob his farm (my ex-girlfriends Iowan fathers road to gun ownership).
    Yeah, I don't know why just making them harder to get (and subject to having to re-apply to keep them) isn't taken as the sensible middle ground, bearing in mind that the stereotypical armed to the teeth mentalists tend to actually be the more responsible owners. The SLIPPERY SLOPE I suppose (not unreasonable). The best bet might be selling it on racist grounds like the old prohibitionists. Nobody wants to take your wall full of hunting rifles off you, permits permitting; but if Leroy gets caught without one we can lock him up for twenty years wahey.

Amnesties and confiscations though lol grow up lads.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't need to give out financial incentives.

Make it a felony to own an automatic rifle so it counts as a 'strike' and people would shit their pants.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Leroy's" not really behind all the mass shootings though, is he?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredibly easily, finding the money isn't the financially irresponsible part.
    I mean we can't even pay teachers a living wage but we're gonna pay out a billion dollars to turn in some guns, though? That's more of what I mean I'm just shitty at explaining myself.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why just making them harder to get (and subject to having to re-apply to keep them) isn't taken as the sensible middle ground, bearing in mind that the stereotypical armed to the teeth mentalists tend to actually be the more responsible owners. The SLIPPERY SLOPE I suppose (not unreasonable). The best bet might be selling it on racist grounds like the old prohibitionists. Nobody wants to take your wall full of hunting rifles off you, permits permitting; but if Leroy gets caught without one we can lock him up for twenty years wahey.

Amnesties and confiscations though lol grow up lads.
    The fact that you need a license to drive a car but not own a gun blows my mind. At the end of the day, it's the same issue as everything, capital. The NRA, funded by the manufacturers, have spent the last 25 years creating a culture war to sell as many as possible. There are 350 million guns or something but they're only owned by 70 million or so of the population which is another factor.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Make it a felony to own an automatic rifle so it counts as a 'strike' and people would shit their pants.
    But that falls back to my point of having no idea who actually has assault rifles and if i recall actual automatics are already banned as it is (though I may be off on that).

I thought these lunatics had to get semi-automatics modified so that they act more like automatics.

Automatic / semi-automatic isn't really the point though and I realize this was probably meant in general and more of a semantics thing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leroy tends to exclusively shoot other people called Leroy (or Darnell or Tyrone), which is hardly an insignificant issue , and something which 'gun control' would presumably have to deal with as well as the Beta Uprising.

I think every 'solution' ignores the point that bruhnaldo made that a large section of them just really like guns. You can't criminalise them, because they won't care, and the 'reee you're not a "well-regulated militia" reee' people are pissing into the wind. You might as well tell us that monarchy is stupid, or that the NHS is crap. You're right, but who wants to know?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean we can't even pay teachers a living wage but we're gonna pay out a billion dollars to turn in some guns, though? That's more of what I mean I'm just shitty at explaining myself.
    You choose not to pay teachers a living wage. You increased the military budget from 586 billion to 716 billion in the last three years. The money is there, it's just going to corrupt ends. You added 2 trillion to the debt over 10 years cutting taxes for the already insanely wealthy. It's very easy to find the money.

(bruh before you flip out, please note that the use of you is not a personal attack)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    "Leroy's" not really behind all the mass shootings though, is he?
    Which would play very heavily into it. Like he alluded, most of the I LOVE MUH GUNZZZ .. OVAH MUH DEAD BODY types are going to scream to the rooftops they've done absolutely nothing wrong and now you're "setting them up" to fail by trying to take away what they truly believe is rightfully theirs.

Sure, let's say half of them love the law so much they are going to just turn their shit in without a fuss. You still have 35 million (if the 70 million mark is accurate) folks who are ready to go to war over their fancy AR15's etc. etc.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More to the point, why would anyone sell the government their guns? If you wanted money instead of guns, you wouldn't buy them in the first place.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You increased the military budget from 586 billion to 716 billion in the last three years. The money is there, it's just going to corrupt ends.
    Sure, I don't necessarily disagree with that. But now you're asking corruption to unravel itself so that one of the most profitable lobbyists in America can lose all of their supposed political power.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does if you don't vote for a complete fucking corrupt moron.

That use of you was a personal attack.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which would play very heavily into it. Like he alluded, most of the I LOVE MUH GUNZZZ .. OVAH MUH DEAD BODY types are going to scream to the rooftops they've done absolutely nothing wrong and now you're "setting them up" to fail by trying to take away what they truly believe is rightfully theirs.

Sure, let's say half of them love the law so much they are going to just turn their shit in without a fuss. You still have 35 million (if the 70 million mark is accurate) folks who are ready to go to war over their fancy AR15's etc. etc.
    They can keep them if they can look a 5 year old in the eyes and kill them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    More to the point, why would anyone sell the government their guns? If you wanted money instead of guns, you wouldn't buy them in the first place.
    Fear of a felony otherwise? But then again there's no one here who could possibly say we'd get 100% of the guns. Even getting 90% of the assault rifles would apparently mean there are 35,000,000 still left floating around.

Which obviously is fucking great until some nutter gets one and then voila 30 more people are dead and now we really have no fucking solution because we blew our load earlier.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fear of a felony otherwise? But then again there's no one here who could possibly say we'd get 100% of the guns. Even getting 90% of the assault rifles would apparently mean there are 35,000,000 still left floating around.

Which obviously is fucking great until some nutter gets one and then voila 30 more people are dead and now we really have no fucking solution because we blew our load earlier.
    Shit will always happen. Shit won't happen 252 times in 6 months though. This is such a shitty argument, 'Why should we try make society better? you'll complain when it isn't perfect anyway.'

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not what I'm saying at all my friend. I've said several times let's do it, let's try and get some of the guns off the streets. I'm entirely for it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My argument is more that things that are being suggested would ironically put more lives at risk than any other initiative would, because in order to execute these initiatives, you'd likely have to use brute force to even make a dent in the problem itself.

Which again listen, we gotta do some-fuckin-thing. But I think I'm more perturbed that the pretense on display gives off the idea that the solution is not only super easy but entirely perfect and without fault.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    They can keep them if they can look a 5 year old in the eyes and kill them.
    They can keep them because they're not going to tell you they have them and you're not going to be able to just waltz in someone's home on "suspicion of having an assault rifle" much like you can't just walk in my house because you think i'm doing crack cocaine.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rounding all the guns up only works if people want to do that. They manifestly don't, so it's a complete non-starter.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically we did all of that to get back to square one, which is "We get what we deserve."

Welp.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh is right in that “seize all the guns” is never, ever going to happen in this country for cultural reasons that Europeans, understandably, have a hard time wrapping their head around.

He’s wrong in that, as Bernanke pointed out, just because there isn’t a fool proof solution doesn’t mean the government couldn’t be doing a hell of a lot more to reduce the frequency of these things, if a sizeable minority of the country weren’t dead set against any gun regulations whatsoever.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the "banning the guns won't fix the mentalist mass shooters issue" camp. With that said, the laws around gun ownership in most states are absolutely laughable. Tighter control of gun ownership is one of those things that is so basic (I mean, I cannot drive my car legally if the horn isn't working or if the turn signals don't cancel automatically after a turn, but criminal checks before buying a gun are totally restricting freedomz) that there really is no reasonable explanation from it not happening, but god bless the two party system.

While it wouldn't solve the mass shooter issue, it would most likely decrease suicides, those lol Walmart parking lot arguments that end up with someone getting shot, kids shooting themselves accidents, and would probably even reduce "gang violence" a bit. All of those sound worthy to me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I take that back. Be stringent enough and wait enough time and it would also decrease mass shootings.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized I need a license to go salt water fishing but not to have an AR15.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    While it wouldn't solve the mass shooter issue, it would most likely decrease suicides, those lol Walmart parking lot arguments that end up with someone getting shot, kids shooting themselves accidents, and would probably even reduce "gang violence" a bit. All of those sound worthy to me.
    And you know what with all due respect those types of incidents likely add up to a higher number surely?

Or maybe people don't commit as many single victim homicides as I imagine the do.

Either way I don't see why not.

There's a lot of very simple things that could be done that really wouldn't ACTUALLY impact anyone's fReEdOmS and would likely at least save ONE life and surely that's worth it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Purge could sort this out. Forget about eliminating guns, just eliminate people.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we legalise the keeping of bombs because terrorists are using them anyway?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second pleb has chucked the NARRATIVE into a bit of a tailspin overnight. Hopefully things can get back to normal once they're all awake.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you know what with all due respect those types of incidents likely add up to a higher number surely?
    Suicides are like 60% of all gun-related deaths, so yes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no need for amnesties (although it wouldn't hurt) or sieging redneck compounds, you just decide that all new purchases need to be registered. If you want a bit of a harder line you make buyers register their existing weapons when they buy new ones. It'll take years to get rid of the rest but there is no instant solution that doesn't involve a civil war.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should just do what politicians and late night talkshow hosts do.... Talk about it for 2 weeks of its the most important thing in the world, and then forget about and move on with our life's until it happens again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you talked about every mass shooting for two weeks you still be doing it in almost a decades time, and that's just this year's efforts.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Should we legalise the keeping of bombs because terrorists are using them anyway?
    I gotta be honest considering I feel like I've been pretty open about to ideas as to how to start getting rid of the guns I'm a bit confused by this response but I'm also an idiot so that's not surprising.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok ok what if .. now hear me out...

What if we banned assault rifles, right. Created a licensing procedure and all that good stuff.

BUT THEN ALSO

we legalize prostitution so that all of those no pussy getting losers that need to shoot up events to feel special can get their little rocks off and leave everyone else alone?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with incels are their standards are too high.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Anotha One”

-DJ Khaled

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Timmy says he wants to play fortnite. He wants to play fortnite now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brings a whole new and depressing meaning to 'survive the school year'

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to see the stats on prevented school shootings to see if that last sentence holds any real weight.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The right to bear military drones.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Brings a whole new and depressing meaning to 'survive the school year'
    There's been a company selling kevlar inserts for your schoolbag over there for a few years now. School shootings are a genuine cottage industry.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only provide protection against bullets from handguns so probably a bit pointless.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yankee but one in Czechia this morning.

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/1...ital-shooting/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh if we doing worldwide surely we could find a mass shooting every day