User Tag List

Page 182 of 365 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,100 of 18247

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately The Hurricane (who is getting wider by the year) was unsuccessful in his attempts for the title.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hangman Page is fucking boring. The entire top end of the AEW card is very heavyweight boxing post Tyson/Holyfield/Lewis.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Hangman Page is fucking boring. The entire top end of the AEW card is very heavyweight boxing post Tyson/Holyfield/Lewis.
    Out of everyone available in wrestling today who would be a guy you would watch?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think phonics actually likes wrestling, literally everyone is 'boring'.

Oh, and Page should absolutely not be winning the title. Putting it on Jericho and letting someone else chase him is the only move.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I don't think phonics actually likes wrestling, literally everyone is 'boring'.

Oh, and Page should absolutely not be winning the title. Putting it on Jericho and letting someone else chase him is the only move.
    I agree I was just hyped up for young Hangman.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ishii vs Mockerserley was sublime, I was genuinely agape at the frog-splash off the top.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ishii vs Mockerserley was sublime, I was genuinely agape at the frog-splash off the top.
    It really is Ishii's time to win the G1 and the IWGP belt even if he doesnt hold it for a big match at WK.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The nick of 'em.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it as horrible as it sounds?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not seen any of it yet bar the Usos getting Doctor Cena to do a rap right at the start.

Even the more positive review I read made it sound like they were just letting a lot of shit go because nostalgia. Generally sounds pretty shit though. I might just watch the Austin promo at the end and leave it at that.

It sounds like about the only person who may have directly benefited from the presence of all the old twats is Bray beating up Foley. And even that's not going to actually amount to anything.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real winner was the 24/7 championship which finally got some prestige.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seth Rollings really should be banned from twitter, he's embarrassingly bad at it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Was it as horrible as it sounds?
    The reviews I usually read (411mania) gave it a 3 out of 10.

I don't think that makes it the worst RAW this year but it's not far off.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seth Rollings really should be banned from twitter, he's embarrassingly bad at it.
    I got the pride in your workplace/colleagues thing I think he tried at the very start of this, but the guy has spent far too much time with Vince McMahon and it is showing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've not seen any of it yet bar the Usos getting Doctor Cena to do a rap right at the start.
    Lewis will be annoyed that Cena never removed his hat so we couldn't see his hairline.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    The real winner was the 24/7 championship which finally got some prestige.
    And lost it all when they gave it to drunk Alundra Blaze to tease the WCW throwing it in the bin.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I clocked it this morning that it was a Raw Reunion and that Austin was going to be on so I foolishly watched the entire thing this afternoon. Let me do you all a solid if you haven't already seen it, don't bother.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    And lost it all when they gave it to drunk Alundra Blaze to tease the WCW throwing it in the bin.
    Only to be 'saved' by being bought for a few quid instead.

I didn't have a clue who the first guy holding it is and I still don't. Not R-Truth, the white dude.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Only to be 'saved' by being bought for a few quid instead.

I didn't have a clue who the first guy holding it is and I still don't. Not R-Truth, the white dude.
    Drake Maverick.

He was hired to be the GM of 205 Live (still is) as well as manager for the AOP but they've been using him as a 'comedy act' especially with the 24/7 title. He even allowed them to do a title change at his wedding (likely just after the actual ceremony).

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His name was on his bloody shirt too. I didn't even clock that he's English.

Quite a shame tbh as the show could have been so much better if it were to be a proper reunion. Most really should have stayed at home though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray 'OMG IT'S THE FIEND' Wyatt is so fucking shit.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if he's going to keep the mandible claw as a finisher? That and his other one. I saw they gave Kevin Owen the stunner which can only be a good thing.

I really wish I gave enough of a shit to tune in more often but it's just wank.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bad thing about giving Owens the stunner is that he's stopped using the pop-up powerbomb.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished with the reunion and yeah it was shit.

Stone Cold still has IT though. They'd have been better off just having his music hit every single match, come out, stun someone, drink a can and then go back in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running the ropes and still entertaining everyone even after the show went off air.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still the most jarring thing about the whole affair is the inexplicable decision to have Alicia Fox be part of the reunion.

Has she ever been anything other than terrible?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

She was on a hiatus because she wrestled a house show match pissed (probably improved her performance tbh) and Arn Anderson was sacked for letting her.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it'd be weird for any active member of the fucking roster to be in there but fucking Fox? Who's current gimmick is "sometimes wears a hat"? And hasn't ever had a good match?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the world of less shitty wrestling the G1 is back today. Naito / Ishii & Shingo / Mockockerserly should be the pick of the card.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it'd be weird for any active member of the fucking roster to be in there but fucking Fox? Who's current gimmick is "sometimes wears a hat"? And hasn't ever had a good match?
    You of all people should know the power of a hat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really should give Santino a mountain of cash just to come back, piss around and go after the 24/7 title too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown was so much better than RAW (it wasn't great but it was decent) and The New Day on commentary is just so good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW to start weekly on October second.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the Austin promo... that was almost Rock return levels of shite. The best bit was him saying he was worried backstage about what he was going to say. He should have worried a bit more... at least then he may have remembered his own fucking catchphrase.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown was alright. KO needs to work on making that Stunner a bit more fluid (though perhaps doing them to somebody who's not Shane would help) but it was nice to see the show end with some babyfaces not being hilariously stupid.

I reckon post-Summerslam I might bin off the Network and just get it for the Big Four / Takeover combos four times a year. I've basically done all the catch-up I want to, NXT is a solid show but doesn't contain a lot of actual content every week and there's nothing that comes on the originals regular enough for it to be worth keeping the sub.

And more importantly of course I never seem to come out of a show going "Man that was a totally excellent use of my four hours."

Whether I care enough to transfer my viewing elsewhere or if I just follow what's happening and find the odd match to watch when they are well received I dunno.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the NXT results, it's nice that it sounds like Dunne is gonna be in NXT for a bit and him / Dream / Strong at Takeover should be ace. I do wonder if Dunne is there to eat a pinfall but we'll see.

Also surprised that Keith Lee lost the match with Priest. I thought after he was halted a bit by Dijakovic's injury and then his own this looked like they were finally start going to give him some momentum. Fingers crossed they still are.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown was alright. KO needs to work on making that Stunner a bit more fluid (though perhaps doing them to somebody who's not Shane would help) but it was nice to see the show end with some babyfaces not being hilariously stupid.

I reckon post-Summerslam I might bin off the Network and just get it for the Big Four / Takeover combos four times a year. I've basically done all the catch-up I want to, NXT is a solid show but doesn't contain a lot of actual content every week and there's nothing that comes on the originals regular enough for it to be worth keeping the sub.

And more importantly of course I never seem to come out of a show going "Man that was a totally excellent use of my four hours."

Whether I care enough to transfer my viewing elsewhere or if I just follow what's happening and find the odd match to watch when they are well received I dunno.

Come and join us Ian, complete the trajectory.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Uso arrested for another DUI.

Not even a week after Cena was joking about their past arrests.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come and join us Ian, complete the trajectory.
    The only problem is that of the super hyped Meltzer-baiting matches I've seen have been good but I haven't understood all the OMGWTFery around them.

I probably will give it a bash but I don't anticipate the frothiness being induced in me as it has been with you guys.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the NXT results, it's nice that it sounds like Dunne is gonna be in NXT for a bit and him / Dream / Strong at Takeover should be ace. I do wonder if Dunne is there to eat a pinfall but we'll see.

Also surprised that Keith Lee lost the match with Priest. I thought after he was halted a bit by Dijakovic's injury and then his own this looked like they were finally start going to give him some momentum. Fingers crossed they still are.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dunne is there to win. Triple H seems to think SUPER highly of him and rightly so.

There's nothing more for him to achieve in the UK brand.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem is that of the super hyped Meltzer-baiting matches I've seen have been good but I haven't understood all the OMGWTFery around them.

I probably will give it a bash but I don't anticipate the frothiness being induced in me as it has been with you guys.
    The history of Pro Wrestling NOAH is a good short watch.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim's done another one on Brock's New Japan stint.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Kim's done another one on Brock's New Japan stint.
    That is also a good watch imo.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dunne is there to win. Triple H seems to think SUPER highly of him and rightly so.

There's nothing more for him to achieve in the UK brand.
    I don't think he wins a title when he's only just come onto that particular brand and if Strong wins, which I think he will for a UE "all the gold" angle, it makes most sense to not have Dream be the one lose to further other stuff.

I'd love Dunne to win though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to CMLL tonight.

I went up there earlier to try take a few pictures because cameras are banned there (I pointed out that phones have a camera and asked if they were banned, they weren't)

The most popular food stand in the area was called 'Baby Faces' but my favourite thing I took was directly opposite the entrance of the Arena Mexico:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Network is going to take some getting used to.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I'm going to CMLL tonight.

I went up there earlier to try take a few pictures because cameras are banned there (I pointed out that phones have a camera and asked if they were banned, they weren't)

The most popular food stand in the area was called 'Baby Faces' but my favourite thing I took was directly opposite the entrance of the Arena Mexico:
    I know nothing about the Mexi-graps but I've seen Rush before and he's great.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best sporting event I've ever seen, included Vickie Guerrero (was literally sat next to her) telling me that I missed the best bit when I went for a piss while I tried to explain to her I didn't speak spanish so the promo sections were crap.<br><br>I was so close to ringside that at one point a wrestler took a fans beer and smashed it over the guys head and I got the brunt of it.

PS. Has anyone ever watched CMLL before? I didnt have a clue what was going on the entire time, There seemed to be 3 rounds but they weren't time or pin based?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I spot you on Botchamania, you've taken the board to new heights.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Network is going to take some getting used to.
    Oh it's a bit of a change. Looks slicker.

In time for the new tiered service thingy I guess.