Page 107 of 140 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,350 of 6970

Thread: The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I've never watched a second of The Inbetweeners so I'm not sure how to take that.

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than spend ten seconds in Foe's company though so I'm out either way.
    Avoided a stabbing. Quality.

Can we take baz please?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Many, many things. But I love him anyway.

You're making me blush.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Can we take baz please?
    You’ll have to submit holiday forms to my wife but I doubt they’ll get approved.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    swear I had you on Snapchat before.
    Yea u do, fuck me

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all the people to have a problem with, Foe seems like an odd choice. Am I missing some sort of history between John and Foe?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They once had a fight over a comb.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @waff Do you want a wing man? 8-)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Of all the people to have a problem with, Foe seems like an odd choice. Am I missing some sort of history between John and Foe?
    Maybe he’s metrophobic.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Chances of that happening are slimmer than the chance of him doing jail time. She will be out of your house with her own family by 25. Some man is still 30 living with their at parents. Gift and a curse I guess.
    See this is tricky because if you raise your kids right, give them security and love, don't hit them, etc (basically be a decent parent to them), they will not end up in jail or what have you anyway, don't think the gender really matters.

It's worrying about what would happen to them anyway that's the tricky part. As a girl you don't have to be any certain type to get raped, and as a boy you always run the risk of getting assaulted/beat up out on town.

Now my kids are ages away from their teens still, but I imagine that will be a fucking horrible period to be a parent to them. All you can do I think is to try to teach them to be as street-smart (read: careful) as kids can possibly be and hope for the best.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t believe I’m not a daddy anymore. Saying bye to them was harder than calling it quits with thon Milf.

Buzzing for Tinder

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I've never watched a second of The Inbetweeners so I'm not sure how to take that.
    I can absolutely understand why you'd be sceptical, but it's genuinely very good. One of my best mates is a massive comedy snob and the kind of aloof weirdo that wouldn't find inbetweeners relatable because his strange teenage years reading Henry James novels in big overcoats and shagging cool European girls into art-house cinema was nothing like the everyday existence of inbetweeners LADS. I spent ages trying to persuade him to watch it, and after lots of resistance and sneering he watched the whole first season in one sitting, apologised for being a twat, and said it was really good.

Very well observed and very well written. It's like a(n obviously not as good) coming of age version of Peep Show.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry @Waffdon

on the plus side, does this mean you'll be able to come and hang out with me and my mates in edinburgh?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha when is it again? I’ve got a day out in Edinburgh for that Liverpool game at Murrayfield as got tickets for Napoli end. 28th July I think. At least I don’t need to bother about the rugby now later in August.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    I can absolutely understand why you'd be sceptical, but it's genuinely very good. One of my best mates is a massive comedy snob and the kind of aloof weirdo that wouldn't find inbetweeners relatable because his strange teenage years reading Henry James novels in big overcoats and shagging cool European girls into art-house cinema was nothing like the everyday existence of inbetweeners LADS. I spent ages trying to persuade him to watch it, and after lots of resistance and sneering he watched the whole first season in one sitting, apologised for being a twat, and said it was really good.

Very well observed and very well written. It's like a(n obviously not as good) coming of age version of Peep Show.
    It's outstanding, isn't it. The first season is perfect.

Although, and I've probably posted this before, the one scene that sums up the whole show and will let someone know one way or another if they will enjoy it, is the opening of the second episode of season two when Jay is boasting about his Valentine's cards. Up until about 2mins 20secs in this video.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inbetweeners is total dog shit for anyone who wasn't in english banter lad mode when it came out

A genuine low point in my life was being at a house party where someone put the Inbetweeners film on and I spent the next hour and a half questioning humanity.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Inbetweeners and I've never been in English banter lad mode.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It's outstanding, isn't it. The first season is perfect.this video.
    Yep my thoughts exactly. I think the most important thing is that they get the tone just right. Never trying too hard to be serious and gritty, but the GIRLS AND BOOZE AND WAAAAY HE'S THROWING UP never felt like a cynical attempt to appeal to the "male teenage demographic". Especially season one. I also like how they never try to make the lads seem like the absolute bottom wrung freaks or make them seem unrealistically cool - they really captured that mid-table non-entity part of the social hierarchy that I was definitely in when I was at school.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Inbetweeners is total dog shit for anyone who wasn't in english banter lad mode when it came out
    I disagree. I'm sure it will surprise you but I was hardly a banter lad when it came out.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody who thinks they were an inbetweener was actually a geek.

And the show is shit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are now though

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. I'm sure it will surprise you but I was hardly a banter lad when it came out.
    Igor, love you but you are literally a prime banter lad englishman. We all have our flaws, I liked Kevin and Perry Go Large when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I love Inbetweeners and I've never been in English banter lad mode.
    You wish you were likeable enough to be one though, see every interaction you've had with Lewis for proof. Inbetweeners was aspirational for you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phonics calling people out on being stereotypes

Hows the spliff, Moonboots and Hip-Hop, bro?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Anybody who thinks they were an inbetweener was actually a geek.

And the show is shit.
    I definitely was, but it was easier for me as I went to a nerd freak selective ALL MALE school. At a comprehensive, Jay and the boys would have probably bullied me, but at my dorky grammar school I was easily Everton. You know those terrifying uber-nerds you get on University challenge who are like autistic robot trivia machines? We had about 10 of them in our year of 90.

I think my place in the hierarchy can be fairly accurately encapsulated by one lunch time in year 9 (I think) when I was in the library with my little gang of mates. I could see the "cool kids" playing football on the field, and said ahh fuck this, I'm gonna play football with them. My mates were incredulous and thought I'd either pussy out or they'd tell me to fuck off. When I arrived they just said "alright Igor, you're on that side". And once I snogged a reasonably fit girl who was one of the cool kids at the all girls school down the road, but the following monday i got more incredulous "how the fuck did YOU get with SOPHIE?!" than pats on the back.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Phonics calling people out on being stereotypes

Hows the spliff, Moonboots and Hip-Hop, bro?
    Everyone is a stereotype, thats why they're stereotypes...

I also didn't call anyone out on being a stereotype, I said people like it because they are that stereotype.

If you're going to have a dig, have a good one.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor, love you but you are literally a prime banter lad englishman. We all have our flaws, I liked Kevin and Perry Go Large when it came out.
    I will accept you having this perspective of me as long as you mean prime banter lad englishman in the sense of me being a englishman with prime banter, rather than in the @Lewis school of thought of thinking I play drinking games with people I call lord jagerbomb and we have rules where you have to wear a wacky hat on friday nights.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wish you were likeable enough to be one though, see every interaction you've had with Lewis for proof. Inbetweeners was aspirational for you.
    Completely wrong but well done.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will accept you having this perspective of me as long as you mean prime banter lad englishman in the sense of me being a englishman with prime banter, rather than in the @Lewis school of thought of thinking I play drinking games with people I call lord jagerbomb and we have rules where you have to wear a wacky hat on friday nights.
    1) Love you. You're not the former. You fall under 'SoccerAM but with self awareness'
    2) I'd classify the latter under 'Rugby Lad'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Completely wrong but well done.
    Just because you have a panic attack at the idea of having a group of friends does not make it untrue.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you such an absolute bell end?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Why are you such an absolute bell end?
    Because I have multiple personality issues and a series of drug addictions which I’m in and out of therapy for. What’s your excuse?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scaffolding to the head.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hark at igor making out he wasn't well and truly condemned to sitting with the moshers.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor was way more normal than I thought he was going to be. If anything, he seems to be about the only normal person in his town. I was there for 12 hours and dealt with probably 4 to 5 utter gombines, 3 weirdos and 1 off his face on some sort of chemical and I only interacted with about 13 people.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A genuine low point in my life was being at a house party where someone put the Inbetweeners film on and I spent the next hour and a half questioning humanity.
    I had basically the same experience. The Inbetweeners was fucking awful stuff.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Igor wasn't a banterlad when he was younger then what was the point in becoming one now?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I have multiple personality issues and a series of drug addictions which I’m in and out of therapy for. What’s your excuse?

If you think I'm going to feel sorry for you then you're wrong, you're still a bell end.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Hark at igor making out he wasn't well and truly condemned to sitting with the moshers.
    I really liked my baggy jeans, German shirt and thick chain bought from Affleks palace. 😕

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor is way more clever than the typical banter lad. Also just a nice guy. He’s like an Aussie really.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me more about your opinions of people you've never met.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And lol at the thought of Igor being a LAD. He's just a quirky sound guy man, nothing more to it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Please tell me more about your opinions of people you've never met.
    I’ve met igor though?...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even think he's quirky. Just a bit bored of life so goes for the adventurous/exciting options, which is fairly common. He just shares stuff on here that, compared to many, seems 'quirky' aa he's not at home all weekend making chocolate.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I don't even think he's quirky. Just a bit bored of life so goes for the adventurous/exciting options, which is fairly common. He just shares stuff on here that, compared to many, seems 'quirky' aa he's not at home all weekend making chocolate.
    Nice dig at RL.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Nice dig at RL.
    It was just the first thing that sprung to mind.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never change, phonics. You stuck up twat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phonics has a lot to say on other people for a grown man who continually buys trainers designed for teenagers.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The worst thing about his personality is his... *checks notes* *adjusts glasses from the tip of his nose* taste in shoes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great retort mate.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support the taste in shoes. I think i’ll be wearing Stan Smiths until i’m 60

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer rolling round has let me get the Usain Bolt Pumas out. Even make the days forced into wearing a suit bearable