Page 166 of 173 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,300 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this (about BG3) in a Discord I'm on:
    Glorious story of unintended consequences from my brother just now. He’s been storing his valuables in a rat corpse that he picked up at some point (no, I don’t know why either).
    Apparently just now an enemy had a critical miss when firing a necromancy spell at him, which instead of hitting him hit the dead rat full of valuables, which then promptly ran away.
    Incredible.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone play Age Of Empires? Saw that 4 is out on GamePass on Xbox and was thinking of giving it a whirl

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was it that used to beast me (and Cord, and Benny) in the glory days of The Third Hard? @CJay ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be there all pleased to have taught my peasants how to point a pitchfork the right way round and then my first scout would find his fucking fortress because he was already in the Castle Age or whatever.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally decided to put some time into Metal Gear. About a third of the way through it and it's scary how much of it was remade two times over.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done with FFXVI now.

All in all it was good and all, but it did feel a little unpolished all around. The environments were kind of bland, enemies just the same everywhere. Things like giving you different Magics (as usual in FF) but not having elemental affinities is just a little weird.

Like firing Fire magic at a clearly burning Bomb enemy always used to heal them, not hurt them, in previous FF games. I'm not sure why you would forego mechanics for instance.

The story was good but a little odd in the sense that most of the game was sort of this war-of-nations theme which was essentially a manga version of Game of Thrones - which really was quite interesting - but then had very little to do with the main antagonist Ultima. The game itself suffered a little bit from trying to be dark and serious and lightweight and quirky at the same time in a way that it didn't always pull off.

Compared to some of the antagonist greats of FF (Sephiroth, Kefka, Kuja...) who all were intertwined into the stories better, Ultima felt a lot more forced upon this universe. That said, as a character, he was well designed and fantastically voiced.

Cid was a great character, but I couldn't get over the fact that the voice actor was the same as Lorath in Diablo 4, and that he looked like David Beckham, which was just a completely oddball combo.

Also on the ending:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mimimi (Shadow Tactics, Desperados 3 and the new game Shadow Gambit which I haven't got to yet) closing down.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So for lack of anything to play while waiting on BG3, I downloaded Remnant 2.

It's pretty fun, but it's fucking difficult, even on the easiest setting. Yesterday I must have died maybe 30 times doing a pretty early game boss that was just a bunch of big ass cubes. In God of War, for instance, I only died that many times when doing the Valkyries / Berserkers.

The shooting is fantastic. But the movement and dodging is frustratingly slow, which I suppose is the point. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll stick with it, but I do enjoy it when I seem to have a bit of tail wind in the game.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baldurs Gate 3, cold take inbound, loses a little of its lustre as you get to the back of act 2 and starting act 3. Little things, but the dialogue doesn't tie in quite as neatly to stuff you've done, some quest weirdness, stuff that feels a bit half baked and some VERY weirdly balanced fights.

It remains very good, and probably on balance their best game yet when you factor in it being Larians best ever writing / characters but I remain to be convinced I'm having as much FUN as I was in DOS2.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the main thing that brought it right above DOS2 is the freedom in terms of where your story goes. Obviously the overarching story kinda remains the same-ish (endings aside), but the main story arcs within the Acts can differ a lot.

Toggle Spoiler

Act 3 does need a lot more work indeed (which shows that their decision to push it forward a month was a very weird one - Starfield proximity aside), but it's not as much of a mess as DOS2 Act 4 (or whatever Arx was) was on launch.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I picked up The Making of Karateka a couple of days back. It's quite staggering how much stuff Digital Eclipse has got a hold of. Plenty of interviews, a daft amount of letters, design documents, playable prototypes and a couple of unreleased games that aren't Karateka.

For a game that's 15 minutes long, they've rung every bit out of it. Hopefully more collections take this archival approach.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ive had more joy with the first three hours of BG3 than with any other game this year. Superb stuff. I'll admit to being on easiest, my first proper stab at a game of this type but I've lolled about five times already.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I had to give Remnant II up because it is just too damn hard. I'm not sure if I'm getting the mechanics of the game wrong or something and if I should just do a lot more levelling before taking on any bosses, but that seems a little inane and not quite like how it's intended to play out.

It's a shame, because for the most part I enjoy the gameplay and the setting is fantastic (even if the story does seem very bland). But for every boss I face it seems more and more impossible, and the one I'm at now I can't even get the HP down by 15% before dying.

So now I'm instead trying Sea of Stars, which is a hommage to FFVI and Chrono Trigger, and so far for being exactly that it looks marvelous (but - it's just it feels a little dated with no voice acting etc).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    So Ive had more joy with the first three hours of BG3 than with any other game this year. Superb stuff. I'll admit to being on easiest, my first proper stab at a game of this type but I've lolled about five times already.
    Top man.

What you playing as?

A very very minor spoiler for a funny moment later but I'll pop it in tags anyway:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone for a dwarf barbarian who answers everything with fists. I punched fuck out of a book last night, proper laughed when it let me do it.

Now I've ditched Starfield BG3 will be my main game going forward.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say to you that as a barbarian you're gonna have a great time lobbing people into chasms or at each other because I certainly do with the barbarian party member.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb is a ton of fun indeed. Which forces me to post this gem of a video (several spoilers for act 1, so proceed with caution):

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Adramelch; 04-09-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queuing to join a World of Warcraft [Classic] server in 2023 is so funny to me. 37 mins to go.

Hardcore really got the buzz back, huh.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was just exploring act 3 in Baldur's Gate 3 and mopping up the less consequential side stuff I was starting to feel the magic wear off. But I'm on the home straight now, just doing the big companion quest stuff and there's some properly good stuff in there.

And what's more, it's not even you're this late in an RPG of this sort and I still feel like as many as three of my companions might turn on me/ leave / force me to put them down depending on what choices I make.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah act 3 is still a great game. It just lacks the polish and consistency of the first two. I'd still really enjoy it if the full game was of the same quality as act 3, it's just that they set the bar very high with the first two and the last one doesn't quite hit that mark. It has some of the best parts of the game in my opinion:

Toggle Spoiler

They've also already fixed a lot of things, to an extent that you rarely see in the industry:

Toggle Spoiler

and with their track record with definitive editions (both DOS1 and 2 got massive updates), I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 16-09-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only issue with finishing up House of Hope and Astarion's questline is that I did those back to back and there's a fair bit of crossover in the sort of vibe of those sections.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaand done. I think it all hangs together fairly well at the end, really. And I got to lob a barrel of firewine at a giant neon brain so really I dunno what more you could ask for.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It turns out I missed like half of Act 1 in my MP playthrough that fell apart because one of the players had absolute main character syndrome and got furious if someone else did something they didn't want.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dude sounds like a dickhead who should not be playing multiplayer.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having decided Starfield is too boring to live I'm onto Shadow Gambit. Off to a good start but I'm just playing it sad that Mimimi have closed their doors.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive took a week off work to play F1 23. Quest for Elite rank. Its damm near impossible as other online players, cant take being overtook and use their car as a missile causing DNFs for you both

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting interaction on Twitter today.

I legitimately don't know how he found my tweet as this doesn't seem to be something in the news.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An absolute hall of fame bio though

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's done you there. Twice, really.

Thrice, if you count his location.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the word BA*****SH that he's not happy about?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really hated The Rock vs Goldberg at WWE Backlash.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    What's the word BA*****SH that he's not happy about?
    I asked. He didn't reply. 4-0 Elite-Force Cinema.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0, account no longer exists.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some mysteries are best left unsolved.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My level 20 Druid died on Hardcore WoW.

Especially sickening because he was well geared and carrying 3 gold.

Will main my 13 Mage for a while, I think, to try and farm some gold.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Ive took a week off work to play F1 23. Quest for Elite rank. Its damm near impossible as other online players, cant take being overtook and use their car as a missile causing DNFs for you both
    So the game is fucked. Basically, you have ranks. From Bronze 3,2,1, Silver, Gold, Elite. At the end of each week. Is when you either get promoted if you have enough points or face relegation.

At the end of each season. About 30-40 days. You get reset and everyone gets relegated. Its been brought to my attention, The people who were in gold 3 last season. If they got into elite the exact moment the season ends. It does not count because everyone gets reset. So at this point, im currently in elite but I have to wait until the end of the week for promotion and relegation. Because the season ends on Monday. It will not count that ive made it to elite. It will just relegated me from gold 3 back to gold 2.

Silly system. If you could just get promotion at anytime duuring the week, once you have enough points like they do in FIFA. It would be fine.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone want a free Steam key for PGA Tour 2K21?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Retroid(2S) device surprisingly came yesterday. Thought I'd go and quickly set it up but boy was I wrong. I can see why people just buy the cards with it all set up now.

Device feels a lot better than I thought it would considering it was $99. Build quality seems great on it. I just need to go and build a ROM library now. I wasn't expecting it til early next week so I didn't think I'd have to do it yet.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    My Retroid(2S) device surprisingly came yesterday. Thought I'd go and quickly set it up but boy was I wrong. I can see why people just buy the cards with it all set up now.

Device feels a lot better than I thought it would considering it was $99. Build quality seems great on it. I just need to go and build a ROM library now. I wasn't expecting it til early next week so I didn't think I'd have to do it yet.
    If you can get on back-ups.me and search for BAZPACK there’s quite a lot to get you started.

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Affiliate ROM library

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    archive.org tends to have a few as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    archive.org tends to have a few as well.
    Torrents > * though
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BG3 is so absurdly good.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want roms lads, full sets for every system is here. Its what I use:

https://r-roms.github.io/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers DS. Reddit had pointed me there as well so I've downloaded some absolute favourites. Just need to get my hands on the BIOS and I'll be good to go when I get in later.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disco Elysium will be a PS+ game in October. If you haven't played it and have PS+ it's a must.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. It's one of those games I think about but then the genre has me at arms length.

Also, where's your source? The October games were already announced. I have a copy of Callisto Protocol and you can't take that away from me.
    Last edited by Shindig; 09-10-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he means the ones coming to Premium tier