Page 140 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 7,000 of 10294

Thread: The little things in life that fuck you off

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I will say this is the only forum I've ever been to in my 20+ years of internet anyone has actually given a single fuck about punctuation and things of that nature. Ironically, this isn't the first time this was brought to my attention either. Siiiiiigh.
    This forum is full of lunatics and shut-ins. I’d say theres about 50 other characteristics that make TTH a circus before you even get to how everyone types like a 50 year old drafting a letter of complaint

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ninety per cent of Giggles' posts are literally that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do enjoy how Muggers misunderstand this place. I think it's a result of being foreign twice. He has both the language barrier (Czech) and a failure to grasp dry humour (Yank).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet he sticks around, so he is good in my books. Despite being a massive twat.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brits always patting themselves on the back for their sense of humor is pretty lol, as if no one else ever tried the deadpan style.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best "Brits and comedy" trope is deffo the one where they're generally not even remotely funny but alas "You just don't get our dark humoUr because you're a yank".

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that nobody else has tried it, it's just hard to understand the humour of people that, well, aren't your people. I lived with a French bloke for well over a year and I love him, but his sense of humour was just plain strange to me. The same with the Indian bloke I work with.

British, Irish and Australians are able to get each other in a way that I don't think people of other nations get us. For the most part, anyway.

You see Giggles as just being a mardy cunt, John as being a capricious cunt and, probably now, me as being a patronising cunt. But it's just a different strain of humour. You take it all too seriously.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John having a strain of humo(u)r.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dude said mardy as if that's a real word the fucking audacity of these people astounds.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    It's not that nobody else has tried it, it's just hard to understand the humour of people that, well, aren't your people. I lived with a French bloke for well over a year and I love him, but his sense of humour was just plain strange to me. The same with the Indian bloke I work with.

British, Irish and Australians are able to get each other in a way that I don't think people of other nations get us. For the most part, anyway.

You see Giggles as just being a mardy cunt, John as being a capricious cunt and, probably now, me as being a patronising cunt. But it's just a different strain of humour. You take it all too seriously.
    Nah you're pretty funny, Giggles and John just suck

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LTILTFYO: Where my company is stationed at this hospital is in a line of several workstations separated only by a glass sorta like this:

|8|7|6|5|
    ======
    |4|3|2|1|

I sit at #8. There used to not be anyone at any of the desks on my side except occasionally at #5.

Now, though, because there wasn't double monitors at #8, a woman has moved down to #7 to do follow up calls with doctor's offices, insurances, and patients.

Long story less long, she's fucking yelling into her headset and any time something of even the slightest of note happens she looks over at me like i'm the fucking camera on The Office and expects me to, noticing her head turn, look back over at her and make one of those "aha that's crazy" faces.

It's fucking exhausting. And on top of the yelling and the consistent calls for attention, I get the same exact stories about how people are crazy, how it's exhausting having to deal with these people, etc. etc.

I used to go 10 hours a day barely speaking with anyone outside of very polite and pleasant work banter.

Now every 5 minutes I'm expected to participate in this God damned mother fucking song and dance.

Whilst typing this she literally just exclaimed AH THESE PPL LOVE TO WAIT TO THE LAST MINUTE and looked over at me while I'm literally typing about how much I hate that.

AAAH I HATE BEING POLITE I WISH I COULD TELL EVERYONE TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AaAAAAaaaAH!!! (I realize the no-caps filter is going to kick in and make that look less stressful so just imagine i'm yelling).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How in the fuck did I manage to type that much about something so trivial God i fucking hate myself.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She clearly fancies you. Get in there son.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extinction Reballion wasting everyones time in the city this week is already at peak levels of pathetic and its only Tuesday. My street is full of them and I kid you fucking not they invoke Ghandi while trying to win me over.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Extinction Reballion wasting everyones time in the city this week is already at peak levels of pathetic and its only Tuesday. My street is full of them and I kid you fucking not they invoke Ghandi while trying to win me over.
    Those cunts all need to be thrown in the sea.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Those cunts all need to be thrown in the sea.
    The mob that come up from Melbourne are a deadset cult.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the first protest movement I've seen in a while where they're legitimately doing more harm to their cause.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the worlds dumbest echo chamber.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's justified. Governments don't pay attention to anything truly peaceful. I'm not necessarily pro-XR, but I'm pro doing what it takes to get results.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moment a drone gets sucked into a jet engine is the moment it ends.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The out-and-out mentalness of their 'demands' seems to have become lost in all the lolling at them for being idiots. They basically want to turn the last three centuries off.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they want carbon neutrality in six years. Putin's right to laugh the lot off but he should've just told them straight: You cannot pivot that quickly. Even if you could, it puts millions of jobs at risk. Millions.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yeah, they want carbon neutrality in six years. Putin's right to laugh the lot off but he should've just told them straight: You cannot pivot that quickly. Even if you could, it puts millions of jobs at risk. Millions.
    Do you know what else puts millions of jobs at risk?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Environment mentalists.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm sure they line up at the dole to tell the DWP Carbon Dioxide took wor jerbs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Giggles as actual climate change denier?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either the forecasts of expected temperature rises and the damage caused as a result are being over-egged (I don't think they are) or it's all pointless.

We're simply not going to reduce carbon emissions by 50% by 2030, so we may as well be spending our time looking for viable alternatives instead.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Is Giggles as actual climate change denier?
    There's obviously some sort of an issue but the fact most people (mainly PLASTIC STRAW cunts and vegans) are just using it to puff their tails out on social media makes a cunt of the whole thing. Plus I'm middle aged and have no kids so I couldn't give a fuck anyway, even the real activists are only making my last days inconvenient.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric cars seem to building momentum. Mini are pushing one and FIAT's testing a 500 ahead of next year's launch. Aviation's a weird one because they're always pushing for more efficient engines. Fuel is a carrier's biggest expense.

And plant loads of trees. There's a lot of green space about that feels a little underused.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Electric cars seem to building momentum. Mini are pushing one and FIAT's testing a 500 ahead of next year's launch. Aviation's a weird one because they're always pushing for more efficient engines. Fuel is a carrier's biggest expense.

And plant loads of trees. There's a lot of green space about that feels a little underused.
    Electric cars are another load of me hole. The bigger win would be keeping all cars for longer and using things for a proper lifespan. Instead you've some smug cunt grinning out of a Leaf without a thought of what it took to make the fucking thing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that somewhere earlier. It's all well and good thinking NEW ELECTRIC CAR, but just building that new car (without even getting into what goes into the batteries, or how you provide the electricity for them) is by definition a massive waste ('waste') of resources compared to keeping an existing one running.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is the issue, it's mostly ill thought out token gesture shit. To actually stop the impact it would take a fundamentally, properly fucking fundamental, change to the way we live and very few are actually prepared to do that.

There's also no chance the 2nd/3rd World will get anywhere near it either as they'll just see it as the established order keeping themselves ahead. Think when GS was moaning about Man Utd's inherent advantage over Liverpool because their 90s success coincided with the Premier League.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without having looked at the stats, I highly doubt the pollutive impct of building an electric car is somehow equivalent to the pollutive impact of driving a car on gasoline

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    And this is the issue, it's mostly ill thought out token gesture shit. To actually stop the impact it would take a fundamentally, properly fucking fundamental, change to the way we live and very few are actually prepared to do that.

There's also no chance the 2nd/3rd World will get anywhere near it either as they'll just see it as the established order keeping themselves ahead. Think when GS was moaning about Man Utd's inherent advantage over Liverpool because their 90s success coincided with the Premier League.
    The world today is about posturing and that's all people will continue to do, rather than actually solve anything. It's the greatest excuse of all time for revenue collection too. Tax everything because ENVIRONMENT!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I read that somewhere earlier. It's all well and good thinking NEW ELECTRIC CAR, but just building that new car (without even getting into what goes into the batteries, or how you provide the electricity for them) is by definition a massive waste ('waste') of resources compared to keeping an existing one running.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    You know we can make electricity from renewable sources, right?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if it's annoying when you're caught up in it, I'm glad they are. The world has to radically change but it won't which will mean a mass reduction in the world's population and way of life.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I had indeed heard that alright, but that would constitute a long term plan. Do you think someone patting themselves on the back in a Hyundai Kona gives a shite where the electricity comes from or what the manufacturing costs to the planet were to replace their 2017 diesel car? Do they fuck.

It's like all these other wankers we were originally talking about. They just want the day off school/work.
    Last edited by Giggles; 08-10-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your renewables also aren't much good if everyone is coming home and plugging their cars in at six o'clock. Nuclear would be, but people are stupid about that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil is (slowly) renewable.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on 100% renewables now but the vast majority of that is hydro-electric and if the glaciers keep going the way they are we can say goodbye to that.

Our utilities are state-owned so instead of having price differences between companies you choose how much of your power you want from solar/nuclear etc. and pay based on that.

However, due to the age everything was built in we're over reliant on Gas and only 20% of that comes from Bio versions of the stuff. Rest has to be imported.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world really does need more nuclear. Or at least the Western world. You wouldn't really trust too many of the middling countries to not cause a meltdown

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Either the forecasts of expected temperature rises and the damage caused as a result are being over-egged (I don't think they are) or it's all pointless.
    the guy who "invented" the hockey stick temperature graph that the ipcc and govs use as proof of temps rising just lost in court because he refuses to show proof of it happening

https://www.technocracy.news/fatal-c...ey-stick-mann/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, this Yaysus fool is the biggest retard on the forum

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaysus View Post
    the guy who "invented" the hockey stick temperature graph that the ipcc and govs use as proof of temps rising just lost in court because he refuses to show proof of it happening

https://www.technocracy.news/fatal-c...ey-stick-mann/
    That's actually false.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    We're on 100% renewables now
    No you're not.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    No you're not.
    This is the choice for your electricity.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport and industry also exist.

EDIT: Also, no way I can read that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was referring to the home obviously, I don't know the source of everyone elses. But on that front most of the transport system is covered by Tram & Electric buses. You can also install solar panels and sell the excess to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    EDIT: Also, no way I can read that.
    You speak a latin language, Solaire & Hydrolique can't be that hard to interpret.