User Tag List

Page 93 of 142 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,650 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umtiti added to La Liga SBC rewards. Looks decent and is making my Casilla's finally sell for 2k a pop (thought I'd make a lot more on those, all costing me around 850 a few weeks ago), but no chance I'll be doing that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bronze Squad
    Silver Squad
    World Class - 2 IFs
    Icon
    83 Squad - 2 IFs
    84 Squad - 2 IFs
    85 Squad - 2 IFs
    85 Squad - 2 IFs (why is this in here twice?)
    86 Squad - 2 IFs
    87 Squad - 2 IFs
    88 Squad - 2 IFs

And that's just for Ruud. It's a fucking rip off and there for 30 days only.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold a load of MLS bronzes and have hit 100k of coins for the first time on this account.

Tempted to gut the club over the weekend and open a shit load of silver packs, ploughing everything into upgrade packs.

Should finish Rank 1 in rivals this week and Elite 1 in Squad Battles, so that'll be another 8 packs to stock things back up again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats outrageous for the Ruud card. Might do the loan though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2m, I'd be all over it if he had 4*/4*.

A 3* WF in particular isn't going to cut it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the most bizarre game of FIFA before. My opponent was a possession type which is not unusual, however, whenever he won the ball from me in his own half past the centre circle, his next pass was always back to his keeper.
    From there he would wait for the teams to sort into formation. Then what would happen is both his full backs would start to run forwards. I can only control one player so I'd track one, but the other would move in past the RAM/LAM into the space between that player and the full back. He'd then kick it to that player and instantly that side of the field would be overloaded and he'd have a massive advantage. I've never seen this done before and it really took me by surprise.

As for the Van Nistelrooy SBC. That has to be a joke? This is surely them testing the water?

I understand you want these to appear the most desirable cards in the game, but 1.7m? Jesus. I feel like they've seen just how many people have prepared well, as Merse has done here, with several Icons waiting to go. They've then decided to fuck those people over anyway.

If this really is how they want to play it then we're going to see someone like Gullit(lol at his card by the way. Only 3 stats under 85) cost a good 4-5m. You'll be basically asking us who have played up to this point if we're rather trade in everything we have for him.

I've also just seen that 99 Pele is 15m. One just sold as well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eusebio is better than Pele anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's extinct at 9m as well.

Using Salah and I just can't quite get his best position nailed down. He seems very good but seems to almost bog down around the area. Now I'm thinking it could be me having the ball on his right foot. I'm almost hesitant to try those shots, but maybe I should be.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gray Fox

Got to agree. Ea’s past record says they don’t like prep’d players. Had they repeated last years requirements I’d be picking my two favourites or waiting for Pelé/R9 with the likes of Petit to boot.

They’re clearly coming for us. I still reckon I’ll do one or two as otherwise I’ve got 4 Icons sat in my reserves and 2 in my B team that are easily replaced (Sol/Nesta).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Sincere.

I picked up Loan Shearer earlier. Quite looking forward to a few games with him.

On the topic of these new Icons and stuff - they're completely out of reach of 99% of people. Must just be to milk the whales. I keep an eye on the number of cards available on the market and there's roughly half the amount there was around three months ago. Gotta be people dropping out of playing the game.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats for what? I shouldn't have had a two-week ban in the first place.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback Payet is now out. Card looks good but for 250k, I'll pass.

Up to 6-1 on the WL grind. The loss was quite frustrating. I got superkeepered and auto defended. Adding to the annoyance was my opponent scoring 2 goals. One was from the kick off after I'd just scored. The 2nd was from the second half kick off. I should have scored about 5 goals in this one, most notably Hazard. I managed to carve out some space between the penalty spot and edge of the area, very late on. Probably at about 45 degrees to the goal aimed to pull it back across. He scuffed it, unchallenged and unblocked. I timed it green as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kondogbia looks amazing with the upgrade. Better in games than middle Vieira, and the nation change has only meanthaving to position change Cavani and Griezmann to accommodate, though it decreases future flexibity. Especially with Suarez also in midfield and suffering from a lack of viable strong links.

Looking forward to giving him and Cavani a go tonight.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's dropped like a stone in price too despite the upgrade. He's amazing if you can fit the new nationality in.

I'm enjoying Salah a little more in WL gameplay, although still not sure he deserves the near 800k price.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Payet's an interesting one. I wouldn't say he represents value at all, but I could probably grind the 81-86 upgrade packs and do him, which would then mean I can get Falcao in the team on 10 chemistry, which would be fapworthy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Ruud is down to 1.6m on Xbox now. People shunning him hard, which they should be as his requirements are a genuine disgrace.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get a Catalyst card on Falcao he's very good actually. A Hunter is a waste due his mental shooting already.

Manolas is also down to 190k. The market seemingly recovering from the absolute rinsing the 84s and up took.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I see Ruud is down to 1.6m on Xbox now. People shunning him hard, which they should be as his requirements are a genuine disgrace.
    It’s great. I’ve picked up a load of 86 and 87 IFs for 40k to 50k a pop as a result.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually tempted by a shadow (I have one saved), for the extra acceleration. It also takes him to 99 Jumping and Heading, with the Power Header trait. Not that crossing to a central striker works for shit at the moment.

After a brief hiatus where I seemed to be able to create chances, my play has gone back to stodgy shit where I get brick walled by everybody. When most online opponents and all squad battles ones sit back to fuck it's a real slog.

I only got back into this for FIFA17, but of the three so far since I have, this has been comfortably the least enjoyable one to play. I'm genuinely sighing before I go into a match.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    It’s great. I’ve picked up a load of 86 and 87 IFs for 40k to 50k a pop as a result.
    How's that down to the Ruud SBC?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's that down to the Ruud SBC?
    They were all waaaay inflated early on in the promo on hype, but as the prospect of an affordable Prime SBC has wained, they’re being sold off cheap. See the price graphs (only ones bucking the trend are those who’ve been upgraded like Witsel and T Hazard etc).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, some packs. Twelve 81-86 upgrades and 1 La Liga 2 player 81+

The 81-86's:

81 Gomis - Meh.
    81 Ginter - Meh.
    83 Reina - Not bad, but I have him tradeable already.
    82 Marcano - Meh.
    84 Jonas - Nice.
    83 Kramaric - Not bad.
    81 Maicon - Meh.
    82 Kruse - Meh.
    82 Lo Celso - Meh.
    82 Gabriel Paulista - Meh.
    81 Herrera - Meh.
    82 Ander Herrera - Duplicate untradeable, so will have to build another one.
    83 Luiz Gustavo - Not bad.

And the La Liga Pack:

83 Malcom and 81 Jesus Navas.

I'll take that overall.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    They were all waaaay inflated early on in the promo on hype, but as the prospect of an affordable Prime SBC has wained, they’re being sold off cheap. See the price graphs (only ones bucking the trend are those who’ve been upgraded like Witsel and T Hazard etc).
    But the same thing would happen if there were no promo and all these packs in store.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the same thing would happen if there were no promo and all these packs in store.
    If the Ruud were replaced by an affordable top tier icon they’d all be 100k. Marquinhos 87 was 125k days ago on the hype. My point is, I’m glad people aren’t hyped for Ruud as otherwise I’d not be picking up these IFs on the cheap as the market has slowed up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-1 becomes 7-4.

I've had a very weird time of it this evening. My first game back on saw my opponent pick up an insta-red card to his full back. Most don't bring spare defenders on their bench and he hadn't, so he was screwed. I switched to my possession tactic and wore him down. He ended up quitting as my 3rd goal hit with my having close to 70% possession.
    Then came the shit. Back-to-back opponents who went all out defence but had tall players across their front line. Their plan was to absorb, send it down the wing and lump it to the back post. This seems to be my kryptonite as it worked a treat for them. Zlatan v Lala really isn't a fair match.

Then I faced a guy I was beating easily. 2-0 and relatively cruising. He scored one late on and I thought nothing of it. Then he had another attack and I held him up in the box. Next thing I know Rijkaard makes an auto lunge and takes out his player in the 91st to gift him a late equaliser. Then in ET I had a golden chance to win at the death but decided to cut it across to make sure of the goal. His keeper made a huge lunge over to stop the ball. He launched it up the field and hit a pot shot in the 123rd minute, which of course flew in. The guy even sent a message of apology after the game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a draft token in a pack today so I went ahead and did a round of single player draft:

Maradona (who I've never liked his cards on paper) and Gullit are ridiculous.

Maradona just seems to have the ball glued to his feet, it's genuinely hard to lose the ball with him.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spunked 100k coins on a Jumbo Rare Players pack. Only got 83s.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8-1 start to the weekend, the only loss being a drubbing, but continuing to play really incisive Fifa and have kept 6 clean sheets. Kondogbia’s upgrade is tangible, he feels much more mobile (not that he wasn’t already pretty decent in that regard). Not sure I can feel Cavani’s, but he has been dominant as usual.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Game streak came to an end against this mob - a 23million coin team. Absolute Filth. Pogba, Griezmann and Neymar off the bench too. Took him to extra time and conceded in the worst way possible - a cross, fumbled by Courtois and Ronaldo mishitting it home past Varane on the line in the 117th minute, and then a DC to end the game immediately.

I mean... How much money does it take to put this together, as this guy was Elite 1 at best - no way a top 100/pro type...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kompany, Skriniar and Muller from upgrade packs.

Also chucked OTW Lemar back in and got Piatek, who has a fair chance of getting more upgrades so I might keep him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a few games with Piatek and quite like him. Great in the air and a cracking finish. Shame he's got no skill/WF but his card will surely get a bunch of upgrades.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find weak foot a loss less of an issue this year as long as you’ve got a really high stat in what’s being asked - Cavanis 97/99 finishing/shot power and Griezmann’s similar mean they actually score belters off their 3* regularly.

Pretty much 50:50 in form since the last update, so I’m now 12-6 though one of those really wrankles as I was 2-1 up until the 92nd when he equalised then defended his way to a penalty’s victory.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 14-8 now. Another loss in 90+ minutes injury time, which takes my total of games lost by 'buzzer beaters' to 5. I should perhaps think about taking the ball to the corner.
    My last loss however was a strange one. It was 1-0 to me for a long time. I then scored the 2nd in about the 80th minute. As soon as I did I saw the pause queued up and assumed the rage quit was due. However about 10 seconds in the message comes up to say I've lost connection to my opponent, followed by one saying I'd been disconnected from EAs servers. My Xbox Live connection never dropped and no other internet services in the house were affected. I'm very suspicious of this.

I'll probably play to 17 wins and stop. If I get there inside 4 games I'll try to 20. I feel like everything possible has gone wrong this weekend.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar thing to that in Division Rivals Fox. Dodgy as fuck.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I forget later, I thought I'd post. EA advertise their tournament streams with viewership reward possibilities. I always stick them on and mute them in the background. I've been getting free kits most of the time, but last one I got a free pack from it(I think a 25k one). Nothing out of it but it was free.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it once (they do it for their MUT streams, the packs suck but they give you them at least 6 days a week) and got fuck all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it always so difficult to find the results for these things?

Not a single other 'sport' in the world makes it this hard.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14-8 > 20-8.

Yesterdays woes well and truly banished in that run. I thought it was all going to unravel at one point in the 2nd game. It was another player insistent on only crossing and defending deep. He got 2 ridiculous rebound goals to help him go 3-2 up late. Luckily supersub Sterling came up trumps for me in the 87th. With no further goals we went to extra time. I had him penned back for almost all of it, but a break away from him saw him score just as the clock hit 120. I pumped the ball forwards as fast as I could and scraped a corner. It was cleared, but not far enough to trigger full time. I sent a driven pass back in, in hope. Sterling just got free and smashed it into the top corner in the 124th minute.

To penalties and it was obvious he couldn't take them. His were either straight down the middle or he'd put it wide. So I took the win and from there raced up to 20 wins.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went into my final 5 games on 18 wins, with slimmest chance of Elite, so it was gutting that two of the next 4 were lost in extra time to a single goal. Still 20–9 is a decent weekend after all. Looking forward to my first rewards in a fortnight come Thursday, timed with my first D4 rewards, so I’ll be making sure finish Rank 1 and make the most of Thursday morning.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Douglas Costa and Davinson Sanchez from my Squad Battles rewards. I'll take that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this might be my favourite goal this year:

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The triple elastico is bonkers.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the best PS4 player in here?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the first question is who are the PS4 players in here.

It's only me and Danny right now IIRC.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mike but he only plays the journey
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst game mode in the game, brilliant.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on PS4, but this year is the least I've played it at least since Ultimate Team was released.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on ps4 but I rarely play anymore. Stick mostly to SB.