User Tag List

Page 76 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,800 of 8610

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed Titanfall 2 yesterday. That is an all-time campaign. Like up there with Half-Life 1 & 2.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a stream of Battle Brothers yesterday and it looks great but it's supposed to he balls hard. Anyone had a go?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to like it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE2: Remake is fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slay the Spire getting better reviews than Resi 2 though

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made the mistake of watching BBC's Gaming Show episode on Resi. "Hey, let's approach this 18-rated series as if the audience are children." We should be past this. Loads of quick cuts as well, as if an editor has ADHD. And comedy. Cunt.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now unlocked all fighters and just have the last bit of adventure left on Smash Bros.

Beat all spaces in adventure I've come across bar those stupid bastard 2 which are crazy hard.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Made the mistake of watching BBC's Gaming Show episode on Resi. "Hey, let's approach this 18-rated series as if the audience are children." We should be past this. Loads of quick cuts as well, as if an editor has ADHD. And comedy. Cunt.
    It's the old videogamer.com crew.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vaguely remember them. Did 'Simon from WhatCulture' put a shift in for them?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing the original Resident Evil (well, the HD remaster) over the last couple of days. I've never played it before, 4 was my original point of entry I believe. Anyway, I've not really got very far. I never have a fucking clue where I'm going in that bastard mansion.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going back to 1 and 2 for the extra stuff. You'll get used to the mansion layout eventually. At least the remake points out locked doors on the map and which rooms have items in them.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE2 Remaster - Leon A done.

That's how you do a remaster, really enjoyed it and so much more to get stuck in to.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I've now unlocked all fighters and just have the last bit of adventure left on Smash Bros.

Beat all spaces in adventure I've come across bar those stupid bastard 2 which are crazy hard.
    Got to the 'true' final battle which I'll attempt to conquer tomorrow after a quick go saw my die.

It's a pretty mental and meaty looking thing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone getting issues with Steam?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Slay the Spire getting better reviews than Resi 2 though
    Slay the Spire is a brilliant game. Love it, the only Early Access title I ever bought on Steam.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patje View Post
    Slay the Spire is a brilliant game. Love it, the only Early Access title I ever bought on Steam.
    You’re a day late! Missed out on the TTH Tournament.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slay the Spire is fucking brilliant. It's one of the best balanced games that I have ever played, and it never feels the same.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resident Evil 3 gets a lot more palatable once you ditch the city. Shame I needed a guide to determine which Nemesis fights were avoidable.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving the "puzzle" element of Heat Signature, in the way that Hotline Miami is sort of a puzzle, or can feel like one. I'll often just use one or two items to get me through but have other useful stuff on me, and then shit is about to go horribly wrong so you pause and have a look at what you have and often there is a way out of it. Maybe not to complete the mission or all the objectives but at least to stop anything worse happening.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apex Legends, a Battle Royale game from the Titanfall people has been announced and released. I'm terrible but the load times are fantastic so you get in and out of games quickly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I'm going back to 1 and 2 for the extra stuff. You'll get used to the mansion layout eventually. At least the remake points out locked doors on the map and which rooms have items in them.
    This is true. I knew the place like the back of my hand by the end of it. I just finished it tonight, it was a lot of fun. The janky camera angles got a bit annoying in places, but at the same time they do play a big part in building the tension. I spent large parts of the game worrying about the number of ink ribbons and the amount of ammo that I had but ended up with an abundance of both towards the end, which made steam rollering my way through the Lab section pretty easy.

The urge to get the remake of 2 is very strong, but I think I'm going to play Zero first. I'm pretty sure, after looking into it, that 3 is the only one of the main series that I can't play on PS4 at this point. They seemed to have released a remastered or ported over version of pretty much all of them.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the new movement options in REmake were a little iffy in spots. As you switch camera angles, the game continues you in the direction you were going. It's fine in most circumstances but, if you needed to make a quick turn exactly as the camera was changing, you needed to really think about it. It's why I don't get the ire tank controls received. When you're switching view all the time, it allows your movement to be consistent. Zero's probably next for me as well. Might as well round out the old-style ones I've got before moving on to 4 and 5.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always assumed the camera and controls (especially) were intentionally bad in RE games because otherwise why would you make it that way?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it was 2 years into the first ever decent 3d games.

Remember what shooters were like before Call of Duty 4 standardised it all? It was a guess job what would be the shoot button.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you shitty camera because they were all shitty then but the controls must be wooly and obtuse by design. Like the stupid inventory and not being able to shoot properly, you can tell because the same stuff is in the later games.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inventory stuff is fun.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can anally arrange grenades in a briefcase with the best of them but back-tracking through half a dozen load screens because you had no idea you would need the one bent piece of metal in the game that opens the next door? That is, at best, obtuse and annoying.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's just bad design not intentional. Video games used to be quite bad.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inventory stuff has a whiff of adventure game about it. I'm fine with it til it bites me in the arse. Happened twice in Nemesis that I can remember and redoing that Nemesis / Gravedigger double-header felt awful.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did my first Personal Mission and died hilariously quickly, taking a shitload of good items with me. Oops.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many levels are there on Slay The Spire. I don't see how to get past level 3 if I'm honest.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, the combat in Sands of Time is the worst shit. No reliable lock-on, multiple enemies and blocking's only good for one on one fights.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    How many levels are there on Slay The Spire. I don't see how to get past level 3 if I'm honest.
    20 Ascension levels. I'm at 6 with Ironclad, 3 with Silent and 5 with Defect.

Silent is definitely the hardest but the easiest to break the game with, with the correct build. Ironclad pure strength build is laughable, I hit an enemy with 800 damage on one card earlier.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    20 Ascension levels. I'm at 6 with Ironclad, 3 with Silent and 5 with Defect.

Silent is definitely the hardest but the easiest to break the game with, with the correct build. Ironclad pure strength build is laughable, I hit an enemy with 800 damage on one card earlier.
    I meant how many 'Citys' do I have to go through. Like what counts as 'completing the game'?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I meant how many 'Citys' do I have to go through. Like what counts as 'completing the game'?
    Three floors as the base game, then when you beat it once with each character a stipulation unlocks which you can follow for an extra one.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so I've been getting pretty close then. Only played 7 runs and got to the 3rd boss. Any experience of Hearthstone does make it a little easy and then it's just getting luck with relics/question spaces.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heat Signature gave me a random character last night called "Invincible Jazz."

10/10.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume he doesn't come with a snazzy hat otherwise you'd have rated it 11/10.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resident Evil Zero is great. So far, anyway. I'm probably enjoying it a little more than the first one if I'm honest. I really like the two character dynamic. Although I do spend 90% of my time roaming around solo with Billy because he's an absolute tank compared to Rebecca, who I usually just leave on her own somewhere safe. But it's cool when you have to use both of them to solve a puzzle.

The only really gripe I have is the item management system has become a little more annoying than it already was because, for some reason, they decided to do away with the magic item box that holds all my shit no matter where I access it from. There are no boxes at all on this version! You can drop things though. Which has just resulted in me lobbing everything on the floor in the main hall that has the typewriter in it and constantly returning there when I need to swap things out. Which sort of achieves the same thing, I guess. It's a lot more faffing around remembering which corner of the room I left the shotgun shells (or whatever) in though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I forgot the dropping items was a thing. I've got that to look forward to, I guess. The character you don't control just kinda stands there, right? I don't like leaving them in the open like that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, tshe just stands there. Looking comically bored usually.

I just leave her in the main hall that I've cleared out, nothing has ever happened to her. You can flip between them with one button push too. It's just a lot easier to go and clear new areas with one person. If you take her with you there's a chance she will get into unnecessary bother. Or, if you set the AI to shoot and defend itself, waste a shit load of ammo.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's going to make boss fights horrifying.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume he doesn't come with a snazzy hat otherwise you'd have rated it 11/10.
    Because it's top-down the hat situation in Heat Signature is decidedly unclear. You've got to think Invincible Jazz has a belter though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Blood Bowl 2 on PS4 and started today, I am pretty shit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you understand the rules start playing against people. You'll learn nothing against the AI.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the AI only seem to be interested in trying to murder my players rather than scoring.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Resident Evil nonsense

There's something about this gif/mechanic that I enjoy. The semi-realism/farce of not wanting to get shot in the face with a rocket launcher versus the need to eat your face off.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the AI only seem to be interested in trying to murder my players rather than scoring.
    You'll get actual human players who do that too, it's just that the AI isn't very bright.

I mostly play on FUMBBL which is all people and it's tough.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Blood Bowl 2 on PS4 and started today, I am pretty shit.
    Blood Bowl has one rule: Roll as few dice as possible.