User Tag List

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 2417

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get beat every time I play Juventus. Just played them in a cup final though and

WOO

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24 out of a possible 30 European trophies in the last 10 years have gone to an English club in my save.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Mbappe and Haaland to Spezia… #HereWeGo
    (Not really, we could never pay them)
    Reddit says you can get the selling club to pay a wage contribution too

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Forgive my naivety, but what do you mean by it being a debug and not a bug? Seems rather buggy to me.
    Debug: process of using an intentional tool/thing to let them test something
    Bug: unintended behaviour

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    24 out of a possible 30 European trophies in the last 10 years have gone to an English club in my save.
    Brexit means Brexit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with that!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I don't think this will be a particularly exciting summer, but there are definitely a few spots I'll be looking to target & if we can hit on our moves we should be well set up for a good future.
    Portsmouth 207/28 Midseason Update

After comfortably staying up in our first season back at the top we're now looking to solidify our status as a Premier League side, but with a few key players to replace & still comfortably being the smallest & least wealthy team in the league we had to get things right to avoid the sophomore slump.

Transfers:
    Toggle Spoiler

Results:
    Toggle Spoiler

Some business needed in January, but we're in a decent spot to at least maintain our performance from last year & hopefully we can challenge for a top half finish.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a test, found some young players with 170+ potential, still only 16. Had my scouts follow them... so far both had come back with only 3 star potential. So either my current team is absolutely stacked, or my scouts are just shite.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scouts could be shit, there could be negatives that the scouts think will hold back the player (some of the hidden attributes you've shown us in that screenshot aren't great), it's a combo of both or you just haven't scouted him enough so your scouts only have a vague understanding of how good he could be.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who’s a team that’s not loaded but has a decent enough reputation, in any country, that I can have a fun save using the transfer bug to assemble a team too good for their own right and whoop my way up to the top?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everton. Borussia Mochengladbach, Valencia, Fiorentina, Feyenoord and Marseille?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s a list of budgets. It might be when the came launched, so before any patches/updates

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-man...ansfer-budgets

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MASSIVE day for us in Hitchin.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some business needed in January, but we're in a decent spot to at least maintain our performance from last year & hopefully we can challenge for a top half finish.
    Portsmouth 2027/28 End of Season Review

After a solid start to our second season in the Premier League we were looking good to improve on last season's 13th place finish, and if we could finish strong it wasn't inconceivable that we could find ourselves in contention for a European place in what has proven to be a very competitive league this year. We did have some work to do in January though, so let's start there...

Transfers:
    Toggle Spoiler

The League:
    Toggle Spoiler

The Cups:
    Toggle Spoiler

The Players:
    Toggle Spoiler

Other Stuff:

We should be heading back to Fratton Park after a year away, with the stadium expansion almost completed. That should take us to about 31,000, which was roughly what we've averaged in a bigger stadium this season, and I think we can still sneak a few extra seats in down the line if needed. We're also continuing to upgrade our facilities, although you wouldn't know it from the rather uninspiring youth intake we got this season.

Taking a quick look around the league, Everton have finally had the tycoon takeover that seems to happen in every save, so I'm expecting to see them go flying up the league in the next couple of seasons, which will probably have a negative impact on our own prospects of securing European football moving forward. It doesn't seem like we're going to be far from the bottom of the league in terms of rep & finances any time soon, so we might be entering a consolidation phase while we drag ourselves up onto a level playing field with the rest of the league.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitchin Town 2028/29 Season Update:

League:

We started really well and then had our customary collapse but thankfully we stopped the rot early and were never in danger of getting relegated (16th was our worst position) and we were mathematically safe with 5 games to go. I feel like we could be on for a playoff run very soon.

Cups:

Annoying we couldn't do more but whatever.

Squad:

Sammon really drove us forward massively this year:

He's a stunning finisher and he works so well, it took him a little bit to take over Hatcher as first choice but when he did he didn't look back. It's going to be gutting when some bigger team poaches him from us. I think the squad is starting to take shape and it showed with our performances this year. The worst thing is that Matthew Hughes is probably done after the following season as he didn't want to sign a new contract (we had a 1 year extension clause thankfully) and I've managed to piss him off now.

Youth Intake:

Toggle Spoiler

Most excited about Ojo who is already our second best CB, he has played some games as has Gavin who had to play a few games after our starter got injured.

I feel I need a new HOYD to get the most out of our recruitment from next season.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

MASSIVE day for us in Hitchin.
    This is awesome. Did you just ask to upgrade youth recruitment everytime you could?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    This is awesome. Did you just ask to upgrade youth recruitment everytime you could?
    Yes.

They rejected it many times but I kept asking and would argue as much as I could. The best argument for me seemed to be "We'll be left behind by our rivals".

Sadly I cannot get them to be so forthcoming with coaching courses. They always say that they feel if I get too good I'll outgrow the club and leave so I decide to threaten to resign which they turn around and tell me to do it if I've got the stones. It doesn't make sense but I respect the challenge which they know I wont take them up on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that not going to cripple you financially? I believe highest youth facilities cost something like £4m to run.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think as everything else is still low, including youth level, we should be fine.

We had 3.5 last season and we lost a total of 30k over the season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't expecting to get that message. Kane is 34, Rashford has retired from internationals at 30 & I currently have Grealish & Jadons Ancho on trial as free agents, so it definitely seems like it would be time to overhaul the squad. I'm actually kinda tempted...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's so fucking good and this hurts so much.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone ever had a players physicals just collapse? Got a young player who is developing well, but last 3 months his physicals have fallen off a cliff.

Before

After
    Last edited by John Arne; 19-02-2024 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 2kg he’s put on must’ve been all pizza.

Is there anything on his training/coach reports to give you a clue? I’m assuming he hasn’t just broken his leg in between the screenshots

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 2kg he’s put on must’ve been all pizza.

Is there anything on his training/coach reports to give you a clue? I’m assuming he hasn’t just broken his leg in between the screenshots
    Few minor injuries, nothing major. Torn his knee ligaments, but his decline had already started before that. I think perhaps I just overplayed him, over over trained him - basically had double intensity for 2 years

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder he turned to pizza.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Did a test, found some young players with 170+ potential, still only 16. Had my scouts follow them... so far both had come back with only 3 star potential. So either my current team is absolutely stacked, or my scouts are just shite.

Ambition and professionalism are the two biggest determiners of whether a player achieves his potential, iirc. I read a long deep dive into it a while back.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucked about with corners again and have everyone attacking near post. Chaos.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The keeper taking the corner also.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have Dortmund been drawn against Bayern?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitchin Town FC 2029/30 Season Update:

League:

Again we started so well (and at one point we were 6 points clear in the last playoff spot) before the house of cards collapsed spectacularly. We just kept conceding stupid goals and we constantly lost points in games we should have won. Here is the xG table:

For instance we lost a game near the end 3-2 which saw our opponents score in the 93rd and 96th minutes. We also drew a game 2-2 (we had an xG of 3.13 and they had an xG of 1.07) due to a 98th minute equaliser. The game was just against us.

There was a lot of promising bits, including Sammon who scored 32 goals and came second in the top scorer charts. That kid could fire us to the playoffs soon.

Cups:

Much better run this year. Really impressed that we fought so hard against Chester who came 4th in the National League although they were top when we faced them.

Squad:

Sammon is an absolute beast. Outside of him it's harder to pinpoint who did well. Big props to Gareth Griffiths though, he came through this year and was an instant starter and did really well even breaking a few records for the youngest to play, start and score for us. Gutted as we've lost Hughes now as he's walked out as his contract expired and he refused to sign a new contract, he'll be hard to replace.

Youth Intake:

Toggle Spoiler

A few have already started for us (Griffiths, Gilfedder, Godfrey and Johnson) with Griffiths and Godfrey coming straight in as starters in CM and RB respectively. Really like this crop for us.

All in all a decent season but it feels like it could have been more. I always knew we'd slip away as we aren't good enough to make the playoffs but to collapse that hard really hurts and I'd have loved us to have shown a bit more fight. It is two seasons in a row though in which there was no chance of us going down which is nice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Anti Parts'

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gilfedder looks genuinely life-threatening.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel he's an excellent addition to our afro gang.

Here are the others:

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that not just the same bloke coming back through the door with a different number on his shirt?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I've never seen all of them at training on the same day.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to invest in the Newgan facepack.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I feel he's an excellent addition to our afro gang.

Here are the others:

RIP the Afro Gang:

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randomly started a save with Lommel in the Belgian second-tier, and within a week of starting I’ve had news of a mystery foreign tycoon wanting to takeover the club. That’ll do.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That newgan pack is a load of shit, they all look like there in there 30's.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed a few potential worldbeaters using the exploit and assembled this motley crew:

Toggle Spoiler

Plan to sell them all before they reach 50 appearances (and I have to pay £2.5m for each) and try and get 50% sell-on fee. Then rinse and repeat until I'm battering Anderlecht and Union SG every year and can go legit.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't seem like we're going to be far from the bottom of the league in terms of rep & finances any time soon, so we might be entering a consolidation phase while we drag ourselves up onto a level playing field with the rest of the league.
    Well, we've had a pretty interesting six months, as we've broken our record sale three times & I've got a new job. We've also played some games of football.

Transfers
    Toggle Spoiler

Results
    Toggle Spoiler

Anyway, on to the new job...
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitchin Town FC Season 2030/31 Season Update:

League:

This season saw us break our team record for most wins (at 15) but it was also one of the tightest in terms of relegation. We were 4 points from safety with 6 to play and it was looking bleak. We then went on a mad run to save our hides and push Ilkeston down with the highest points total relegated in this save.

We struggled so much without Matthew Hughes at the back and my keeper went to absolute shit so I kept cycling youth keepers and defenders. Then the intake happened and we found ourselves a new bonafide number 1 CB and he helped us to only concede 3 goals in the final 6 games.

Props to Stourbridge for quite possibly the worst season ever in an FM save. Their points came in the following games (0-0 against Solihull in November, 1-1 against Redditch in February thanks to an own goal, 0-0 against Scarborough in March and then they finished the season with 2 0-0 draws in their final two games against Bamber Bridge and Ilkeston). Their fans must have had fun.

Cups:

We were in our awful run of form during the two losses and our keepers seemingly had no hands at all.

Squad:

The two Thomas' were huge, Sammon wasn't as prolific as he was last year but he had injuries. Johnson though became a fucking star down the stretch in the league and we'd have been buried if it wasn't for him. Big props to Ryan O'Conner our new CB as well as Javelle Bennet and Ejike Babatunde who really stepped up this year.

Youth Intake:

As mentioned above, Ryan O'Conner is the star of this intake. He's instantly our best CB and he looked assured when he came in as a starter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2027/28

After finishing 8th with Cov the season before a distress call came out from Arsenal who'd just had a recent low of 6th so I jumped ship with a fairly low bar set of doing better than sixth

Having beaten Southampton in the League Cup, pipping Man City to the league and beating Juventus in the Europa, facing Rotherham in the FA Cup to complete the set was a bit of an anti-climax. Anyway, as Arsenal have already won the Champions League in the seasons before me I've resigned

Also to prove how magic I am, Cov immediately went down having gone through three managers in the single season.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portsmouth 2028/29 End of Season Update

I'm not sure we'll hold on to a Champions League spot, especially given the concerns around replacing Kalimuendo, but we're in a great position to get Europa League football next season, which would be a huge boost to our reputation. We could probably use an extra year before we have to stand up to Champions League football anyway, so it wouldn't be too bad if we missed out on the top four this season. Missing out on Europe completely, however, would be a disaster from where we are now, so hopefully that doesn't happen.
    Having hit the midpoint of the season in contention for the Champions League, but with our star striker on the way out, we were approaching the rest of the year with a sense of uncertainty as we were relying on some unproven youngsters to step up & keep our European push on track. We didn't end up making any moves in January, preferring to show faith in the squad we've assembled, but would that be the right decision?

Toggle Spoiler

Quick update on the cups too:
    Toggle Spoiler

Players:
    Goalkeeper:
    Toggle Spoiler

Defence:
    Toggle Spoiler

Midfield:
    Toggle Spoiler

Striker:
    Toggle Spoiler

England:

Not much of an update here, as we've only played a couple of WC2030 qualifiers, both of which we won. We've got our Nations League semi final against Portugal coming up soon, but I'll do a proper update at the end of the year.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Anyone ever had a players physicals just collapse? Got a young player who is developing well, but last 3 months his physicals have fallen off a cliff.

Before

After
    Well, spent a season doing just normal training and massively reducing his playing time... but it seems the damage is done... he's slowly gaining wait and losing all athleticism

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat little shit.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be the famous Crewe pies.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep’s worst nightmare

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Kenny Lunt Arena gets a massive upgrade.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch is out. Reapply your real name fixes, everyone.
    I'm a twit