User Tag List

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2KXX Games Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the new stick shooting thing about as well Mahow? Not sure how to use it and it seemed to completely screw lay ups. In 20 I could drive to the basket and hold the stick towards it and it'd score, now it seems to miss a bit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What's the new stick shooting thing about as well Mahow? Not sure how to use it and it seemed to completely screw lay ups. In 20 I could drive to the basket and hold the stick towards it and it'd score, now it seems to miss a bit.
    Stick shooting was incredible at the start of the game cycle but it meant that people could use modded controllers and thus never miss. They've patched it a couple of times now and it's completely broken. Avoid.

Layups with the stick still work but they work better if you hold the stick directly up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta muchly.

Right, spent ages looking through all of the rosters and have decided to go with:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Properly back into this again. Did a fair bit of simming while getting the roster right and here's where we are:

Season 1 2020/21

Many changes in the roster to get us some 1st round picks for future drafts and to try and sort the Paul and Booker situation. By the time the trade deadline came around both had gone and De'Aaron Fox and Zach Lavine were in in their place. With all of the chopping and changing it was a decent effort to finish with a 37-45 record and only a couple of wins outside of the playoffs.

Season 2 2021/22

Did some decent trades in the offseason to pick up a few stragglers from that season's youth intake, but that focus meant we had no squad depth should injuries hit. Injuries hit. Fox, Ayton and Lavine were all out for significant periods of time and we slumped to a 25-57 record, the 2nd worst in the NBA. This did however put us in a good place in the lottery.

Season 3 Pre-Season 2022/23

As I said in the post above I didn't think we had out first pick for the 2022 draft, but weirdly we did and we won the lottery from 2nd position. With the 1978 draft class loaded, there was only one man we could take:

Toggle Spoiler

That left us with this squad going into the regular season:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've made the playoffs.

imagehosting

And are up first against Ja Morant's Grizzlies.

Elsewhere in the NBA, LeBron has taken over as all-time leading point scorer, breaking the 40,000 point barrier. Still looking for his 5th ring though after Boston won in 21 and Philadelphia in 22.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally can’t even get into a game. Got in one and just had my entire team standing still but I could move.

A new low for the series.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks.

First appearance with the Suns in the playoffs has come to an end. We beat the Grizzlies fairly comfortably, but then hit a brick wall in the form of James and Davis and the Lakers, losing 4-0 in the conference semi's. Games were all fairly close, but they just had too much to stop them. Our season 1 wheeling and dealing has come good again as we have the 1st, 4th and 11th picks in the draft.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 - 2023/24

After finishing with 49 wins in the regular season we hit the playoffs as 1st seeds in the West and hopes were high. Injuries to Ayton in game 2 and Fox in game 3 saw us dumped out by Houston in Round 1.

Ja's Grizzlies taking their first Championship. LeBron finally retired at 39, having hit 41,940 points in his career.

LaVine's contract is up and I don't think we have enough headroom against the hard cap to keep him, BUT, this exciting prospect named Michael Jordan is coming through the draft this season and we have 9 first round picks. The mock draft has our best pick (Thunder) coming out at 3rd, so some wheeler dealing may be needed to get the first pick.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Warriors won the draft and we had their pick, but it was the only one we had with top 3 protection on it. Goddammit.

EDIT: And they can't trade it due to having traded their first pick last year. Balls.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jordan is unobtainable it seems. I can't get the right balance of enough interest from the Warriors together with keeping the trade within the salary cap rules. Grrr.

What I may do is bin this save and start again with the 84-85 Bulls side in place of the actual one. I can then load in draft classes from 85 onwards so I'll get to see 'new' players coming through I haven't used before rather than always ending up with either of KAJ or Larry Bird.

Quite fancy actually playing full matches (at reduced length) rather than dipping in and out of simming them, so toying with the idea of doing a 7 minute quarter 14 or 29 game regular season and maybe a full playoffs.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got this working.

Made myself a Ja Morant character and it’s the most fun I’ve had in NBA2k since the 8-12 era.

Averaged 30 points a game in college, won the championship and went to Miami Heat. I wanted the Sixers but they were the one team who didn’t want me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you stay at Miami for your whole career?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get a pay bump after negotiating your rookie contract so I'll see who's paying.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, not my fault coach.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2K21 punished me for this post by deleting my save. Great game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you got a hooky version that's causing these issues?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, ever since they did this anti piracy thing where you have to be online to play MyCareer it's been an absolute mess.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, back on this. Started a game with the Bulls, but free transferred their entire current squad and replaced it with the 85-86 team. Which, one man aside, is awful. 29 game regular season and full playoffs, with 7 minute quarters on All-Star difficulty.

3 games in and here's the squad. Thought I'd keep it as is for a few games to get a feel for whether there's anything there bar MJ.
    Toggle Spoiler

take me to shell gas station

Regular Season 20/21

Chicago Bulls 86 Detroit Pistons 96

Jordan with 46 points wasn't enough to see us to victory. He played 43 minutes too, so was utterly shagged by the end. The Pistons are seemingly one of the worst teams in the NBA, so this could be a tough season.

Phoenix Suns 133 Chicago Bulls 53

Chicago Bulls 58 Sacramento Kings 109

Two absolute humpings leave us 0-3 and confirms new signings are needed. We need a centre desperately.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First trade of the season done:

Knicks trade: Mitchell Robinson C / Reggie Bullock SG
    Bulls trade: George Gervin SF / 22 1st Round pick (lottery protected)

Nice to get both a decent centre in and protection on the pick we traded. A sort of improvement was seen in the next two games:

Game 4: LA Lakers 105 Chicago Bulls 73
    Game 5: Chicago Bulls 73 Washington Wizards 109

Two tricky games and we were in them both until the 3rd quarter. Jordan scored 43 and 47 points, but I need to manually fuck with the rotations now as my coach keeps taking him off at stupid arse times.

The draft is the 1986 version, with both Dennis Rodman and Ron Harper lurking.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked and 2k support have given the support team a week off.

I wouldn’t be that pissed off but a mix of epic coupon and the game being free means I spent 10 quid on a character that no longer exists. Surely that’s illegal?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do a company the size of 2k have no cover for their support team when they go on holiday.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Semi related Yev I was listening to a pod where you had to draft a team with one player from each decade. Here’s what I came up with:

My NBA draft:

C - Wilt Chamberlain (70s)

PF - Charles Barkley (80s)

SF - Ron Artest/Meta World Peace (90s)

SG - Vernon Maxwell (00s)

PG - Alan Iverson (10s)

They might not win a ring but holy fuck will they beat the shit out of anyone that messed with them

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C Nikola Jokic (20s)
    PF Dirk Nowitzki (10s)
    SF Lebron James (00s)
    SG Michael Jordan (90s)
    PG Magic Johnson (80s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too easy like that. Hence why you need the 70s.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While looking through the history books I saw that the US team didn't win the 2004 Olympics. How the hell did they not manage that?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While looking through the history books I saw that the US team didn't win the 2004 Olympics. How the hell did they not manage that?
    IIRC it was in a period where alot of the top names didn't want to spend their holiday playing in the Olympics because it was just presumed that literally anyone on Team USA would be better than what other teams had to offer.

They took rookie season Lebron, Carmelo and Wade as marketing tools rather than players. They take it a lot more seriously now because the European leagues are pretty legit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to Season 1 and I've played three more games tonight.

Game 6: Chicago Bulls 73 Washington Wizards 109

We actually led in this one at half time and then in the third quarter disaster struck, Jordan (already on 47 points) got injured. A strained right elbow will keep him out for 1-2 weeks.

Game 7: Cleveland Cavaliers 91 Chicago Bulls 54
    Game 8: Minnesota Timberwolves 107 Chicago Bulls 45

Two games without MJ and two humpings. Time to dip into the free agents to bolster the squad. We're now 0-8.

Some stats per game to demonstrate just how shit we are:

Points Allowed: 105.8 (2nd - somehow there is a team worse than us)
    FGM: 36.2% (30th)
    3PM: 10.2% (30th - this one hurts us so much. Paxson, despite The Last Dance suggesting otherwise, is rancid at 3's)
    FTM: 83.1% (11th - Our best area by a mile)

We're also 30th for Rebounds, Assists and Steals.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely just tank at this point instead of signing free agents.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    IIRC it was in a period where alot of the top names didn't want to spend their holiday playing in the Olympics because it was just presumed that literally anyone on Team USA would be better than what other teams had to offer.

They took rookie season Lebron, Carmelo and Wade as marketing tools rather than players. They take it a lot more seriously now because the European leagues are pretty legit.
    Ah, cheers. Makes more sense then. I couldn't fathom how they struggled to even get out of the group when they'd won every other year since 92.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely just tank at this point instead of signing free agents.
    I would do if I were simming every game, but I've got another 21 to play in the regular season.

The free agents list is full of absolute bilge at this point anyway. I'm gonna release Varejoa (who's only in the squad because the Bulls 85-86 didn't have 14 players) and bring someone in who can hit 3 pointers. Even if that's all they can do. Varejoa's out for two weeks so I'll have to wait a bit before I do.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry Brown happened. The guy is renowned for not playing young players, so preferred the veterans over Carmelo, Lebron, Wade etc.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a reply and it's a fucking joke.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response, we have had a high volume of tickets these past few days. I will help you out best I can.
    I'm sorry to hear that your player went missing. Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded as this could cause this.
    Let’s see what I can do to help! We offer a one-time courtesy restoration of your save – but it does mean that if you agree to use it now, we won’t be able to assist you if this happens again.

To start, please try retrieving your save from the Cloud to avoid possibly overwriting your save data in the future. If this happens, we'll be unable to clone the file again.
    If that didn't work, I’ll need the following:

• Position, archetypes & overall of the missing save:
    • When was it created/last played (please be as precise as possible):
    • A clear, unedited video showing me your Gamertag (via the MyTEAM menu), then show me your current MyCAREER save file list. (Please open each save so that we can see the overall of each of your available saves)

You’ll also need to create a new MyCAREER save file for every save that's missing. I'll use this as a placeholder to clone your missing save onto.
    Create the new save with these exact specifications:

• Position, Handedness and Body Shape: Same as your affected file
    • Archetypes: Same as your affected file
    • Has NO attributes upgraded at all
    • You do not need to worry about the rest of the stats, as they'll be overwritten with your cloned file's stats (Height, Wingspan, Weight, etc.).

Your Badges, Attribute and Items will transfer over. However, this process isn’t able to recover MyCAREER story progress. In addition, you may have lost access to your animations but not to worry, we will provide VC for those.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an absolute shambles.

Game 9: Chicago Bulls 49 Memphis Grizzlies 101

Our 3rd game without MJ and we were never in this one.

So that takes us to 0-9 and I've played all 28 minutes of every game. Should be demoralising, but I'm actually enjoying it and when our first win does come it's going to be all the sweeter.

Oh and for game 10:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should save it for when you win....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah, stream it on your twitch

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I should save it for when you win....

Toggle Spoiler

It's 0-10 now.

Turns out Jordan wasn't fit and was only on the court due to fatigue for half the game.

Game 10: Indiana Pacers 125 Chicago Bulls 54

To business.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    @Yevrah, stream it on your twitch
    On now.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varejao released and 2015 All-Star Kyle Korver in.

He is 39, but he apparently can shoot 3's and replaces our 68 rated small forward in the starting 5.

Giannis up next.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s no audio, @Yevrah

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's to do with copyrighted music so they just mute it. Sure Phonics suggested similar previously. It's annoying if that is the case.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some games have a streaming mode where it'll remove it

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you stream NBA2k through a console it just mutes the game.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a reply and it's a fucking joke.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response, we have had a high volume of tickets these past few days. I will help you out best I can.
    I'm sorry to hear that your player went missing. Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded as this could cause this.
    Let’s see what I can do to help! We offer a one-time courtesy restoration of your save – but it does mean that if you agree to use it now, we won’t be able to assist you if this happens again.

To start, please try retrieving your save from the Cloud to avoid possibly overwriting your save data in the future. If this happens, we'll be unable to clone the file again.
    If that didn't work, I’ll need the following:

• Position, archetypes & overall of the missing save:
    • When was it created/last played (please be as precise as possible):
    • A clear, unedited video showing me your Gamertag (via the MyTEAM menu), then show me your current MyCAREER save file list. (Please open each save so that we can see the overall of each of your available saves)

You’ll also need to create a new MyCAREER save file for every save that's missing. I'll use this as a placeholder to clone your missing save onto.
    Create the new save with these exact specifications:

• Position, Handedness and Body Shape: Same as your affected file
    • Archetypes: Same as your affected file
    • Has NO attributes upgraded at all
    • You do not need to worry about the rest of the stats, as they'll be overwritten with your cloned file's stats (Height, Wingspan, Weight, etc.).

Your Badges, Attribute and Items will transfer over. However, this process isn’t able to recover MyCAREER story progress. In addition, you may have lost access to your animations but not to worry, we will provide VC for those.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Some games have a streaming mode where it'll remove it
    Cheers Raoul. Also seems you can mute the music and that may well work too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished three more games last night.

Game 11: Chicago Bulls 54 Milwaukee Bucks 105

With Jordan still recovering from his injury court time was limited and the Bucks ran out easy winners.

Game 12: Utah Jazz 97 Chicago Bulls 81

This one hurt. With Jordan back to full health he produced a monster display with 53 points, but it just wasn't quite enough. Three points down at half time, we just couldn't do enough to hang in there during the limited moments the great one was off court.

Game 13: Golden State Warriors 100 Chicago Bulls 66

Curry and Thompson ruined us with three pointers, but that's another game that looks like it might be a basketball score.

I need to get rid of Charles Barkley and when the situation allows Mitchell Robinson too. They're both too slow, but in the case of the latter (who I thought was decent last year) it's utterly killing me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev, I’ve had an idea. Would you like to explain your settings/rules you’re doing and I will do the exact same as you but with the other GOAT. We play the same amount of seasons etc and then we’ll have a game. Jordan and your team vs LeBron and my team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking shout that Phonics.

So, what I did was...

Took the current Bulls roster and released them all
    Moved all of the Bulls 85-86 squad to the current Bulls roster
    Added the shittest/oldest player I could find from free agency to make the squad have enough players to be legit (14)
    Moved 14 of the shittest players from free agency into the Bulls 85-86 team. For some reason you have to do this to make the roster valid, even though I had no intention of using the 85-86 team.

Started a MyLeague game with the current Bulls (now populated with the 85-86 team), with the following settings:

Difficulty: All-Star
    7 minute quarter lengths for played games
    12 minute quarter length for CPU games
    Adjust minutes played in played games to match simmed games? YES
    Career Ending Injury Frequency down to 0
    Left all other settings as is
    Regular Season Length: 29 games
    Full 7 game series playoffs
    Loaded 1986 draft class (will go through the years one by one as I complete each season)
    Put 'The Last Dance' on in the background

I want to play all of the games and I've stuck to that so far.

Reason I wanted to keep the old Bulls roster was is that it's a serious challenge. Bar Jordan, the players are all awful and you have so little assets to negotiate trades with, so it should represent a decent mid-long term challenge. EDIT: And replicate some of the pain Jordan went through as the franchise got good.

If you want the same challenge I guess you could do what I did and just put LeBron at the Bulls or do the whole thing with another club, but if you put a young LeBron in any of the current NBA rosters and keep the rest of their current players it may well be too easy as you have so many options to pick up trades with. No-one really wants any of my players.

If any of that makes no sense at all, just shout.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 09-06-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and another good thing about the Bulls is that they have $60m ish free on the salary cap, so season 2 free agency should be fun. Well, if anyone will join us.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streaming again. Hope the bloody sound works now.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I go into Roster and remove everyone? Before going into MyLeague, I've never used this side of the game so apologies for the stupid questions.