23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barella done. Felt proper sweaty in those games for some reason

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting on the Dutchies coming out at 6 before starting any SB or anything.

I still haven't yet spent. I'm torn 3 ways.

1) TOTS Muller, TOTS Coman, TOTS Sabitzer and TOTS Vazquez. This is ever so slightly out of my range, but if I were patient with price flux, it could be done.
    2) TOTS/Y Kimmich(whichever is cheaper), TOTS Sabitzer and Birthday Jovic.
    3) An Icon striker + TOTS Sabitzer. I've looked at a few here but the main options would be baby/mid Puskas, PIM Stoichkov, PIM Sanchez, Prime Henry.

I could even refine the Icon and add in one of the others from option 1, if I were to drop the Icon down a price point. Players like PIM Raul, baby/mid Cantona, PIM Socrates or PIM Crespo also come up here.

In reality I'd love a big version of Lewandowski, but there's his 94 IF and then you just get his TOTY. Something in the middle would be perfect, but doesn't look like happening.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Anthony card....for some SB. Jesus

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    91 Fellani for an 84 squad. I think I have to for the United memes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the 84+ PP and got Lautaro.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    91 Fellani for an 84 squad. I think I have to for the United memes.
    He actually looks awesome. Bit of a pain to link unless you have some Belgians/Icons to box him in but would be fun.

Anthony seems good too, but shame he's not 4/4

EDIT: Fellaini in and TOTS Donnarumma from the 84+ Pick
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; 24-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really does. I didnt even look closely before doing the SBC.

98 rated CB with a Shadow or a 96 rated striker with a Hunter.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also: Big Hair

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame they've upped the requirements for the player picks this week. Obviously through recycling the league SBCs you're bound to end up with some untradeable duplicates, and I was lucky enough to get 2 TOTS from the first 3 picks I did - Donnarumma and Cuadrado.

I've also packed 3 CSL TOTS since they released yesterday - the Polish CAM, and the Zambian and Bosnian CBs.

The extension to WL allowed me to get my best record to date on FIFA 21 - ended up 14-5 and decided against pushing for 17 wins as it was late. I started out 0-2, then shifted my tactics to a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 in game, with Coutinho and Benzema up top, and Pique holding in CDM. It worked pretty well and I was playing some good FIFA, winning some really close games and controlling the match when ahead. It helps having TOTS de Jong in the middle - he is probably the best player I've used in any FUT.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The narrow diamond has probably been my #1 formation this year. Seems to offer a good balance and you can still get the width from the fullbacks.

Tried out Fellaini in a couple of the Squad Battles games for Anthony. He's a bit of a beast but doesn't quite feel as quick as his stats suggest. I have a Shadow on him so maybe it's more an Agility thing. Can tell he'd be a nightmare to play against though and is obviously a menace at corners.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romero from guaranteed Serie A and then Sunzu from the other leagues pack.

Koopmeiners from the daily. As fun as he looks I am going sell him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuadrado from the guaranteed

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showdown Fred is done.

I think I'm going to play him at LB in game to get Shaw back into the middle of the defence.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played a Rivals match and I had been in awful form yesterday. I was using Shaw at LB with Rodri and then William Carvalho at CB and they just weren't working.

Doing Fred means Shaw can move back into the middle (where he's at his best), Davies can stay in CM and Fred can be a marauding LB and it worked well.

I won 7-3 in my first game (first was a kick off goal, second a penalty and his third was when I was 6-2 up and he was on constant pressure) and had more possession than I was seeing in games yesterday.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Polish fella from CSL in the 84+

Need a bit more fodder to be able to do the Serie A again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kimmich from my 84+, they couldn't have done that last week?

Romero from the Serie A TOTS.

I also had some dupe off league silvers so I put some into the gold upgrade and I got an IF Hojbjerg and I also did a Serie A PP with some dupes and got an IF Morata.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up throwing my remaining low rated gold rares into an 84 and got Lautaro

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent set of rewards this week.

Started off with reds of Romero, who is a bit meh, but at least it was a Serie A offering. Followed up by Muriel. The rest of the picks were all CSL shitters. Still, Muriel at the least makes the bench. Just a shame his nation makes it hard to get him up top.

I moved onto the packs and in my first one I got... TOTS Muriel untradeable. FIFA does enjoy kicking you at times. I got a walkout in most packs. Oblak was packed as was the Greek TOTS ST and a Chinese LB.

I decided to churn the stuff through upgrades and put it into the 84+. I've ended up packing my first Mbappe of the year. Unfortunately the only special on offer was IF Gnabry. Annoyingly that Mbappe comes about 24 hours too early. But still I can't grumble.

From here I'm not sure. Of the Icons on offer right now there's only really Essien that's of any kind of threat of being a first teamer for me. Cantona would too but I don't have nearly enough.
    I also need to decide on Nianggolan and Lozano. Both look nuts and I can afford one at least, but is there really a need? As pointed out in here the other day, Barella is a very similar card. The Antony card on offer also compares quite well to Lozano. Both would also likely be bench candidates anyway and I'm not exactly short of options there.

As it is, this is the team for what looks like the endgame:

I've still to get that Puskas from swaps when they come back around, but this is it for now. I've about 200k to hand. If I sold back the 4 guys I brought in during the week I'd be up to about 1m. Unfortunately that's still just a little shy of the big time players that I'd love to try.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Ended up throwing my remaining low rated gold rares into an 84 and got Lautaro
    I just did mine and got the choice of 4 85s.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Son and some shitters

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that Neymar will be bananas

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the absence of content tonight I looked at my team again. Despite saying I was done as above, I noted that output wise, there was no real difference between Muller/Coman and when I had Messi/Coutinho. Actually the latter performed better. Considering that means I'm sat on near 600k of no real difference, I sold up.

I now sit just under 1m. Given I've no objectives to do, I'm holding until Ligue 1 TOTS arrives. If we get something that fits in, I'll look at picking that up, but if not then I'll bring in an Icon. I'm currently looking at the 92 Puskas or PIM Stoichkov. I look at those 2 specifically as they are the swap offerings and I'd be keep to try before I buy, assuming I'm still going at that stage.

It's a shame the Icons have all dried up too. I wouldn't mind completing one to put in, but they're either too expensive or too crap.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it a lot. Besides the obvious 3.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already baited with a Brazilian TOTS.

Moises from the CSL.

It's going to be a fun week...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they forgot to release Aouar at 6 despite finding him in concepts at the time. When he did come out you had a few minutes window where he could be completed for just 22 random cards. They forgot to put requirements on him.

I've had all variations of him so far and given the generous chemistry requirements they've left, I reckon the trend will continue. I'll likely end up submitting his birthday card into this one. I compared the two and he is an upgrade in every singe stat. The only thing is you lose the 5* weak foot.

There seems to be a direct split in the price of this team. To the point I could see the guarantee being only an 85 rated. Though you know you aren't getting the two guys you want.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Willock POTM

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just sad. Break the formula for the love of god. Just make him an 87 or 88. Nothing too special but then people might actually use him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite literally a pointless card. Even an 85 would have been moderately usable.

Strange that we still have no moments player for battles in Ligue 1. I said on the Discord last night that I believe the mix of TOTS involvment has been intentional from EA.
    I think they've seen people will just pick dull EPL teams on the whole with the exceptions being for Ronaldo and the PSG pair, so they've looked to change that. They've shone a light on two lesser loved leagues as they know people will gravitate to the others anyway.

I reckon this will be a slow week too. Though it is Ultimate TOTS next week so I've no idea what they'll do for that. We're about to hit June so content and engagement could both go off a cliff.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/21/compare/29988/29750

Consider the price difference...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Champions League Final day
    - French TOTS just released
    - ???
    =Gomez!

I swear there's some malevolent, badly programmed AI running EA's content team. Just bananas

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite liked that.

Sadly I lost the game (deservedly, although his first 2 were bullshit) with the last kick of the game in ET due to a punt and run. The cunt also did the "Big Man" on me after both of us had skipped celebrations throughout.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was 4-0 to start WL but I've since lost my next 3.

There is so much lag that it's unplayable. My last loss was against a guy who was a worse player than me and 95% of his attacks were the exact same, punt it to Neres/Alessandrini, cut inside and then play a cut back.

I was 5-2 up at one point but he kept slamming it forward whenever he had it and I kept getting massive lag spikes. I ended up losing 7-5 in ET and 6 of his goals were due to spikes.

Not sure what to do, I really wanted to hit 14 and hope to get a big red but this is mental. I'm getting a lag spike every 30-45 seconds to start match and usually by the second half it goes down to 2 to 4 in the second half but the last match was 30 seconds throughout. My ping looks stable before the match and I'd usually get 1-5 spikes throughout a whole WL.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ligue 1 is getting less content than the PL.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm done at 11-9 which is a shit record and my worst in a while but my connection to the servers was absolute horseshit this weekend and I was constantly getting pause/speed up lag throughout and in a couple of games I had severe button/input delay.

Shame really as I was playing some nice FIFA and my team feels really balanced right now so I'd have loved to have seen my accurate record (and I'd have pushed to 14).

Also, Cantona has been very good for me but this weekend he took a massive step up. He was absolutely incredible and his record is now 60 goals and 23 assists in 54 games, all of which are WL/Rivals. His left foot also feels like it's his natural foot, the 4* WF rating is a lie.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing of note out of my SB rewards. Did a couple of the pick/upgrade packs and got TOTS Blind and Laborde

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matuidi looks decent, as does Nani + Tavernier.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Bamba out of a pack earlier. Tradeable too so will likely sell him for 500k as I won’t be using him over untradeable Neymar. Maybe play one on the right while I try rattle though Kimpembe.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind. He is going. Di Maria from an upgrade pack (I always pack the rat)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onuacho from my MLS/ROTW guaranteed and Paqueta from my Ligue 1.

I didn't fall for the Brazil flag as I was expecting the LWB or Marquinhos.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the LB from a player pick earlier. Looks alright. I don't have enough fodder to do the guaranteed packs I don't think. My club is rinsed. They've fucked L1 hard

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a random 7.5k pack and got TOTS Marquinos. Gonna sell him and buy Atal or Cantona. Probably give the former a try first for a bit

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lodeiro from the MLS and he went into Ligue Un which was Bamba. Tempted to give him a try on 6 chem upfront.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Marquinhos from Ligue 1 and Onuachu from the other one. Can't overly complain there.

I did leave the weekend league at 5-1 on Sunday. I just didn't have motivation. Though @thommo said to me I should probably make it 6 at least to get 1 red pick in. I found myself up at 3am so I thought screw it and went for it. I scored early in that game and the guy instantly quit. So I kept going and before you know it, I was 14-3. My eyes had gone by then though so I stopped.

Skip to today and got Yilmaz in between 2 crap ROW options as my first red, then Di Maria as my 2nd. Double good news for me as I was considering selling my Alessandrini back anyway. Cut to my surprise when I did though. I bought him on Friday for 225k, sold him today for bang on 300. I also replaced him for "free" too.

My birthday Aouar has gone into the TOTS version, meaning I've now owned all versions of him through the game. The team now pretty much splits the 4-5-1 in half. The back is Bundesliga and the front is Ligue 1.
    Though now the CM spot in there is not filled. The good part is that I've now broken the 1m barrier for the first time, so I'm right on the doorstep of some great Icons I could put there. Probably just a smidge off.

From the packs I got 2 fraud walkouts in UCL players, but then I ended up with the Swedish TOTS RB and TOTS Fonte from resulting Ligue 1 upgrades. After that I put the non-rares into the player picks and got back TOTS Espinoza and then... another Fonte. That's called a halt to my progress though as I've nothing I want to put him into.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saving my packs for Ultimate TOTS.

For my solitary red I did get a Brazilian CAM, sadly though it was only Cesinha as my options were all from MLS/ROTW.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to liquidate the tradeable assets in the club. Should leave me with ~1.8m which I think I'm going to put into someone mega. Prime Cantona or TOTS Bruno looking like great options

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/21/compare/29990/29966

There really isn't too much in that Nani vs Neymar comparison. Obviously Neymar is better, but is he really 10x the price better?

@Raoul Duke I've been looking at that Prime Cantona too. He'd be the exact kind of striker that would bully your full back at CB meta. He's probably a week or so out of my price range however. 1.2ish seems to be the going rate for now. If I had the resources I'd consider his PIM SBC, but I just dont.

Also they updated the WL red pick situation. For this weekend, Gold 3(14 wins) gets you your two x 3 player picks, but they'll be a mix of Ultimate, ROW and MLS TOTS. Gold 2+ knocks it up to 4 in each pick as normal, but you get 1 guaranteed pick that is Ultimate TOTS. I suspect they'll sneak a high rated shitter like Hummels or 2 goalkeepers in to cover this off, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that Nani card looks mega. I did Matuidi/Sanches so I've got an easy way to connect him in. Glad EA lowered his price range down too.

I'm also waiting to include Puskas in the team once the next Icon Swaps lands.

88 Vieria is also an option.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for me to jump back on. Picked up A bunch of players via the app whilst off the game, and have 750k in the bank.

Reckon I can grind to this this week - have the players for Volland lined up to do tomorrow morning, Dembele should be ok with grinding + the 750k, may need a lesser Hernandez until I can pick him up after a week or so...

Will line up with Dembele at CAM, Haaland and Mbappe up front
    Volland on the left, Aouar right, Camavinga at CDM.