User Tag List

Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 4755

Thread: FIFA 21: Featuring the FUT 100

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so it's been a few weeks since an update from my end. I've grinded A LOT as my time on FIFA, and gaming in general, will drop over the next few months, and my luck has actually been in regarding packs. My team for this WL is probably one of the best I've ever had, last year's Summer Heat side notwithstanding.

Over the past couple of weeks I got TOTS Soucek and Gundogan, with Ederson and Shaw as my Prem red picks, and Bailey as my community red pick. I also packed UCL Messi and Neymar, for a 3rd time this year.

But this week the content has been utterly insane. For Icon Swaps I think I'm going for PIM Basti and PIM Stoichkov, with the 81 and 84 packs on top, if I can be bothered to grind each and every token. I know it's probably not particularly meta but it'll be nice to try them both out. I've managed to pack Lucas Vazquez, Moreno and Marcos Llorente, as well as 97 Benzema from the guaranteed TOTS pack, and my red pick, from Silver 1, gave me 94 Frenkie. Just the 1.5m coins of value there.

Obviously with Correa completed a couple of weeks ago, and Isak completed last night, this has meant my side is now basically completely La Liga. It genuinely felt a little unfair loading into the mode for Isak with the team I had - I wouldn't need to play well and I'd still end up battering the opponent.

I also completed Showdown Rodrygo last week (who is now upgraded to 90), and the decision I now have to make is whether to use my fodder up on Flashback Pique and Coutinho, or save it for the inevitable Bundesliga and Serie A SBCs that will tempt me.

My current team for this weekend is this:

Pique would come in for Caulker, and Coutinho would come in for (probably) Cucurella. But I need to make a decision quickly as Pique expires at 6pm today.

Interestingly, I also managed to pack TOTS Aboubakar out of a Rare Silver Players Pack. First time I've managed to get a TOTS out of a bronze or silver pack so that was a nice surprise.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking team Thommo - although Caulker sticks out like a sore thumb Also, you need some chem cards on these players!

I was checking some prices earlier and noticed that Dutch UCL players were flying. Sold Onana and Klaiber for about 60k combined

Team-wise I'm considering picking up PIM Beckham and Mid Cantona. Feel like I want to give me team a more Utd flavour and think I can make them work in a narrow diamond with Essien/Sanches and then Eric/Neymar/Mbappe up top. Need to raise about 200k to get there but my club is pretty much drained at the moment so I'll have to bide my time a bit.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    87 POTM Messi Lingard is out. 85 rated squad.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Cracking team Thommo - although Caulker sticks out like a sore thumb Also, you need some chem cards on these players!
    Caulker actually isn't too bad in game! It's a question of do I want a little less pace with Pique, but the bonus of truly end-game defensive stats. Alternatively I might try the 89 William Carvalho at CB instead.

Yeah, I forgot to apply any during the games for Isak! Having said that, I might keep a couple of the midfielders on Basic for WL, it applies quite a nice balanced boost.

POTM Lingard is perfect for some more Utd flavour for yourself.... he actually looks pretty good for his rating!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Douglas Costa looks nuts, 3 segments 83, 84 and 86. I will be doing that card as the week goes on

FB Roussillon (89) is the online Obj and then 90 Amri as the SB one.

Max Kruse SBC out (83 and 85). Might be a place to park fodder but I wont be trying to get him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some cracking cards here.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goretzka with a basic is rated 95+ in every position

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely mental team this. I may have put my coins into the wrong week but c'est la vie.

Again, what did the EPL do to deserve the shit fest we got for that?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching Boras' latest video and he came up with a quite cool solution to working in a few of the La Liga guys, though he has the same back line options as I do in the club.
    I currently have a tradeable Dias and Cancelo to hand which at present is 700k worth. I could continue with that or move over to this:

It'd be a 4-2-2-2 mostly in game. I'd have Carvalho as a CB and Llorente as a CDM or whichever way around worked better. It does give me some wiggle room in case I did pack a Bundesliga TOTS too.

They've done a madness as well, upgrading the weak foot of Lewandowski to 5* and Sancho to 4*

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Squad Battles glitch has made doing them a lot less awful

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never get any of the glitches to work for me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one works:

Can be a little fiddly to get right but once you get the knack for it it's pretty consistent.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's the one I tried, it never seems to work.

I used to just score 5 and then band and the AI would score 2 max but the last few days they've been getting 4 or more and I usually have to pick the controller back up.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent been able to get them to work for a while but that one worked for me just now.

I have been doing the same as Mahow. Score 5 and put the controller down while I work. I had to get back on and score a few more multiple times when doing the Eredivisie silvers though. I put it down to the team being tragic but maybe they did tweak something

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's saved me a lot of time so far this year. I found dipping into the box before coming back helped.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Tapsoba looks great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I'll have enough fodder so might need to sacrifice some heroes for him. Looks mega - plus dat Bender link

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The release of those 2 cards tonight has tanked the worth of my Dias and Cancelo by over 200k. Struggle to get 500k for them now.

Tapsoba is absolutely nuts.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might see the retirement of Moments Boateng (I dont think I could SBC him) from my Bundes team. I have him and Mbabu at CB right now and Bender at RB.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could do this.

Obviously it means Neymar on 8 (which is fine, I've played him on that before) but I'm a little worried that Bender and Shaw might offer a bit less going forward than Tavernier and Cancelo.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My defence will be TOTS Alba/Kounde/Tapsoba and Bender. I'll have Alba push forwards so that it becomes more of a back three. I've gone for an Engine on Tapsoba, and he looks outrageous

Think I'll take Puskas from swaps too. I've been shafted every time by random packs and not sure I could handle Prime Inzaghi or something equally horrific.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puskas is absolutely worth it.

He's incredibly nimble and feels very good on the ball plus his shooting is outrageous.

Obvious negatives are his height (less so if you don't use any crosses) and his weak foot, although because he has the outside foot trait he will use his the outside of his left for a shot most of the time he would normally use his right which negates the weak foot slightly.

I was using an engine on him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boras was saying Capita, Gerard and Yashin are rumoured for the next Icon SBCs

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yashin, god no. Capita is a bit meh having done Zambrotta already. Gerrard... depends how much. His market value is 500k atm so if he's 400-500k I'll have to seriously think about it. If he's somehow closer to 300 then he's in the team ASAP for reasons I'll go into now.

Got Tapsoba done for free. Despite not getting a La Liga TOTS in those 80+ upgrades I gained fodder. The only big card used was Red Soucek. He's cheap to pick back up if really needed. The card is just too good not to do.

Unfortunately it's left the middle of the team a bit disjointed in the meantime. I'm playing Llorente as the CDM but then Nkunku as the other one who gets forwards on 7 chem and it's not been great. I'm 8-3 through it. I tend to get Sanches off the bench and switch Llorente over and that's working a bit better.

Vazquez I've loved. He's also really handy to have as he can play anywhere that isn't CB.

I did also bring in TOTS Neuer, but after 8 games sold him back for no loss. He just felt the same as his regular gold. So I now have 535k on me to spend on Bundesliga TOTS.
    I'm now at the point where my Bundesliga team is amazing minus strikers. Huntelaar is decent but I've no one to support him that I like. My forwards come from La Liga instead. I've flip flopped between the two as those were the most stacked in my club. My Ligue 1 and Serie A are not near either of these so I'll ease off once they drop.

17 wins would be ideal. Going 9-10 from here would be alright with me. Probably not getting Rank 1 in Rivals now mind you.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now considering going back to Bundesliga for my defence. That Lazaro SBC looks great and means I could move Bender to CB and then focus on bringing in TOTY Davies, who I've wanted to try for ages.

The Squad Battles objective player is pretty good too btw.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also strong links Benders and Tapsoba.

You could well bring in Davies' TOTS over his TOTY. Yes the latter is better but he's currently about double the cost. I don't think the difference would be too noticeable.

He's now in my range, but would fuck chemistry too much to bring in I think.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's my thinking too. Not least because I can't afford the TOTY version, plus Beckham who I need to link it all up, then Puskas can slot in at CAM once I've unlocked him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got myself to 15-5 and it's time for a break. I was 10-5 at one point and was worried but after nicking a game at the end in my last one, it's looking healthier. Nkunku has dropped out and instead I've played Carvalho on 7 chem. Things seem much more steady now Llorente is the attacking CDM. He's actually extremely good in this role.

I'll pick it up after the kids bed time, but 2 wins from 10 should be manageable as long as a mega collapse doesn't happen.

I've only played that new Lazaro card once, but the guy had 7 five star skillers in his team and that's all he was interested in going. I finished the game with 35% possession but won 5-0.

I'm now interested to see what 6pm brings. Surely they're not leaving Waman out completely?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manage to pack TOTS Sabitzer so I've listed him and he should see me into the promised land once he sells for 200k ish. Went ahead and picked up Davies (91) for 550k and will use him whilst I finish up the French LB guy. Think I need to switch to a 7-atb formation now

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manage to pack TOTS Sabitzer so I've listed him and he should see me into the promised land once he sells for 200k ish. Went ahead and picked up Davies (91) for 550k and will use him whilst I finish up the French LB guy. Think I need to switch to a 7-atb formation now
    Don't give EA ideas.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waman for an 84 and 85.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with the three icons expected.

Gerrard looks dirt cheap. 5 segments and two are the silver and bronze. Highest is 86

The normal SBCs are out too along with the 85+ Bundes pick

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure theres only 12 non TOTS 85+ cards available from the Bundesliga - Sommer, Gnabry, Reus, Sane and Gulacsi (and their blue counterparts) plus TOTW Kramaric and Guerreiro

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Nice one. Still reckon he'll be a tank but should fit right into your team?

Capita seems...not too bonkers price wise, over the course of a couple of months.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't fit into the first team but I'll put him on the bench as an alternative option.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haaland is a bully. A shame they didn't bump his skill moves/weak foot.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My second 81+ PP, the first was a TOTS Marcao.

Fuck knows how I fit him in.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck. I was happy with TOTS Ghezzal, Bruno and Griezmann from 7 picks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea what Rodri is like as a CM in a narrow diamond but I'll give it a go.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get Tapsoba in. He's bonkers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I'll end up doing him for sure. I'll probably sell Dias and start Tapsoba and Shaw at CB which also brings my team back to first owner.

Also, I quite like Rodri at LCM in a 4-1-2-1-2. I was struggling with Sanches this weekend as he and Vazquez are small and can get dominated and Sanches seemed to break up a lot of my attacks with sloppy passes. Rodri fixes that although he is a little slower but I don't mind that right now.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did Lazaro today and will likely do Tapsoba.

Think I will pass on Waman unless I get some serious luck this week.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Oh I'll end up doing him for sure. I'll probably sell Dias and start Tapsoba and Shaw at CB which also brings my team back to first owner.

Also, I quite like Rodri at LCM in a 4-1-2-1-2. I was struggling with Sanches this weekend as he and Vazquez are small and can get dominated and Sanches seemed to break up a lot of my attacks with sloppy passes. Rodri fixes that although he is a little slower but I don't mind that right now.
    You could drop Rodri into CB and then put Shaw at LB, freeing Davies to go into midfield. He's mega further forwards. Just so rapid.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get Tapsoba in. He's bonkers
    Agreed. He was worth making a mess of my midfield for.

Finished 17-6. To get there from 10-5, I'm delighted.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could drop Rodri into CB and then put Shaw at LB, freeing Davies to go into midfield. He's mega further forwards. Just so rapid.
    Hadn't thought about Rodri dropping into CB tbh. I might try that.

First time I used Davies was as a sub for Sanches although he's still mega as a marauding LB.
    I found this earlier today after a tough loss in WL, really perked me back up.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Congrats tho." makes it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to pair up with a guy around 25 times in a row in One League

Chalked off the last of Bundesliga and all but 2 of the score games in La Liga.