Page 194 of 581 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,700 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see a happy ending with this at all. I feel June and especially July is going to be the worst month of the year to date for millions. Patrick Vallance's body language was very telling for me too.

I don't want to come across as scaremongering but I can see it all so clearly in my mind it's like I'm in June already. It's so blatantly obvious what is going to occur.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Green light to do the hell what you want.

Going to be back to normal this weekend for most, whether the government want that or not.

I’m just happy I can hack my way around a golf course again, starting this evening and continuing on Sunday.
    The feeling when I flushed a three wood off 2nd tee (let's not talk about the 1st) was the best thing in the pandemic so far.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    How do I even get to someone's back garden without going through their house?
    If I was at my mothers house I would just walk around the side of the house and go to the back garden...interestingly though, my next door neighbour to the left of me won't have that option and she'll have to have people go through her house whilst the neighbour on the right can avoid it because they have a side way. That said, at least we have a garden. So many don't have that luxury.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It sounds like if you really stick to the letter of the law, you can visit someone's garden but not use their crockery/cutlery or go to the loo inside, etc.

I think that might be where my law-abiding nature reaches its natural threshold.
    You can use the loo but you have to give it a good deep clean thereafter, apparently. You're advised to take your own cutlery/crockery.

None it is going to be able to be policed in any way shape or form.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The feeling when I flushed a three wood off 2nd tee (let's not talk about the 1st) was the best thing in the pandemic so far.
    I was once on for an eagle....the first time ever. I hit a Par 4 green in one....mate said at the time to just tee off as others were on green and no way I was going to hit it, which was fair as I am awful but I only had to shout four! I didn't get the eagle but I did get my first birdie on a golf course. Better than the double B's that's for sure.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point it's effectively "don't lick each other". Welcome to summer.

Wish we could ban cars for longer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deaths are going up again anyway. Make the most of it lads.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing the missus for the first time in 69 days. How convenient.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The deaths are going up again anyway. Make the most of it lads.
    Sounds to me like somebody's not deluding themself hard enough.

Next time you go to think "God, we're still making a total arse of this" I want you to instead just choose to believe that we've absolutely smashed it and everything is great.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I'm only watching case numbers. Locally, the North East is doing alright.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was one of the better, more sensible announcements made so far.

Making people wait until Monday who've stuck slavishly to the rules all along is some sort of sick joke though mind. This whole affair has been a microcosm of why it's much better in life not to stick to rules at all. You just utterly screw yourself if you do.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Sounds to me like somebody's not deluding themself hard enough.

Next time you go to think "God, we're still making a total arse of this" I want you to instead just choose to believe that we've absolutely smashed it and everything is great.
    You're right. Sorry.

It was probably just another change in the way they're recording stuff or summink and the deaths are actually HALF of what they were last week. Our VE Day Patriotism Party Bunting Bonanza has shown this bastard that we're not the country to fuck with. There'll always be an England.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 29-05-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're really struggling have a wank to a picture of the Queen while singing Rule Brittannia at the top of your voice.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I thought that was one of the better, more sensible announcements made so far.

Making people wait until Monday who've stuck slavishly to the rules all along is some sort of sick joke though mind. This whole affair has been a microcosm of why it's much better in life not to stick to rules at all. You just utterly screw yourself if you do.
    Spot on although I would say if we could remove all the deaths that have occurred then the lock down and financial cost etc has been worth it to expose the inequalities in this country and how flawed so much things are or how many supposed systems aren't fit for purpose. The next two months is going to highlight it even more and with Brexit etc too then there is at least an opportunity to come out of it all better than we came into it. It'll take years regardless but there's a small glimmer of hope there. The downside to that though is both main parties are useless and so are the public in certain respects. Rishi Sunak next PM because he said a few good words and now look at how people perceive him, and more to join that list. Keir Starmer is another, a few good questions in his first PMQ then all of a sudden the Labour party is BACK! Bullshit it is. Labour are every bit as guilty as the conservatives have been.

If we're going to have a new norm then that new norm can't be left/right nonsense. I would also say thanks to Brexit we're probably in a fantastic place long term compared to the rest of Europe. Tax Haven Britain anyone?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brittania rules the waves

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't going to be downloading the app anyway especially as Dido already has past form but be warned chaps.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No DPIA??? Shiiiii.

As someone said earlier, if you've got a phone capable of downloading an app, you've already bent over and spread your cheeks wide so don't let that stop you from taking another mandingo in the name of civic participation.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If you're really struggling have a wank to a picture of the Queen while singing Rule Brittannia at the top of your voice.
    Time the vinegar strokes for Thursday at 8pm too

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    No DPIA??? Shiiiii.

As someone said earlier, if you've got a phone capable of downloading an app, you've already bent over and spread your cheeks wide so don't let that stop you from taking another mandingo in the name of civic participation.
    There are legitimate questions about data protection with this half baked application and system.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Seeing the missus for the first time in 69 days. How convenient.
    How do you kiss someone again? Asking for a friend.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends. Are you going for Chelsea or Glasgow style?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    March 9th was the last time our household saw any of our family and friends, and it won't be this weekend either - thanks to Wales making the announcement on a Friday and holding back on easing restrictions till the Monday. And to make it worse, an arbitrary 5 mile rule will be in place for visiting - makes it tough considering the nearest family we have is about 20 miles away in Carmarthen.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wales are Scotland are doing literally anything they can to appear distinct from England at the moment, it's quite cute.

Absolutely no difference in the virus outcomes across the three but it's all about that sweet PR.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    March 9th was the last time our household saw any of our family and friends, and it won't be this weekend either - thanks to Wales making the announcement on a Friday and holding back on easing restrictions till the Monday. And to make it worse, an arbitrary 5 mile rule will be in place for visiting - makes it tough considering the nearest family we have is about 20 miles away in Carmarthen.
    The last week in February here but you'll be thankful that we're doing it a bit differently.

Same with the schools, we're not opening them on the 1st June. I feel much more at ease with our restrictions than England's.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wales are Scotland are doing literally anything they can to appear distinct from England at the moment, it's quite cute.

Absolutely no difference in the virus outcomes across the three but it's all about that sweet PR.
    You're wrong. Our NHS is probably worse than England's so it's right that we are taking things slower and it's not about appearing distinct, it's about doing things in the right way, at the right time which for me adds weight behind the fact that England are only pushing things out that little bit quicker now because of Cummings and because economy comes first.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The official Welsh figures are a bit Chinese.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how Brexit is going to deliver us to the promised land chaps.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The official Welsh figures are a bit Chinese.
    Indisputable.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    The last week in February here but you'll be thankful that we're doing it a bit differently.

Same with the schools, we're not opening them on the 1st June. I feel much more at ease with our restrictions than England's.
    I'm a little irritated with the restrictions, but that's probably because I've still been in work 5 days a week, and our daughter has stayed in full-time childcare too, so in that respect nothing has changed whatsoever. It's the lack of visiting anyone that has slowly got to me, and I felt I coped pretty well for the first 2 months. Just don't see why we can't visit family this weekend and why it has to be regimented for only a 5 mile radius, especially considering how rural it is just a few miles out of the towns/cities.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    I'm a little irritated with the restrictions, but that's probably because I've still been in work 5 days a week, and our daughter has stayed in full-time childcare too, so in that respect nothing has changed whatsoever. It's the lack of visiting anyone that has slowly got to me, and I felt I coped pretty well for the first 2 months. Just don't see why we can't visit family this weekend and why it has to be regimented for only a 5 mile radius, especially considering how rural it is just a few miles out of the towns/cities.
    Being in this situation (without the daughter part) it's definitely that - life has been exactly as normal, but with all the good parts removed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I being dense here, but why if I've booked a test and it comes back with a negative result do I need to complete the 14 day isolation?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the tests are bollocks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then we might as well put test in the bin with trace.

Atleast 'and' works.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a flaw in the whole approach really, when the rest of your household is now no longer isolating.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forced licking of each other by the otherwise healthy really might be the best way out of this mess.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...-levels-europe

Finally the definitive numbers are in. [Dodgy European accent] UK nil points [/Dodgy European accent]

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post

Am I being dense here, but why if I've booked a test and it comes back with a negative result do I need to complete the 14 day isolation?
    I’ve asked my bosses.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the tests are bollocks.
    This, it seems.

"Its because the test doesn't pick everyone up if you only have a mild infection so you may still have it but it not show on the test"
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally the definitive numbers are in. [Dodgy European accent] UK nil points [/Dodgy European accent]
    What are the non-covid deaths all about?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Guardian offices as they digested this data, topping out at a COME ON! and punch of the air when they realised they could use 'one of the highest in Europe' in the headline.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P_3 View Post
    What are the non-covid deaths all about?
    I seen to recall it was some shit to do with care home deaths not being attributed to it or sonething of that ilk rather than it being people bleeding out from gunshot wounds because they were scared of seeking hospital treatment and catching the sniffles.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in the Guardian offices as they digested this data, topping out at a COME ON! and punch of the air when they realised they could use 'one of the highest in Europe' in the headline.

Aye, it's not exactly the most damning of margins but it gets the job done.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads Leeds was absolutely back to normal and it was just as glorious as I thought it would be.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Lads Leeds was absolutely back to normal and it was just as glorious as I thought it would be.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

At the start of this thread we all thought it was a bit of a joke, then later on into the thread the majority went into "oh shit" mode, now it's going back to treating the virus as a joke and in the next few weeks we'll come full circle and back to the "oh shit" setting.

Watch this space and stay safe ffs.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

At the start of this thread we all thought it was a bit of a joke, then later on into the thread the majority went into "oh shit" mode, now it's going back to treating the virus as a joke and in the next few weeks we'll come full circle and back to the "oh shit" setting.

Watch this space and stay safe ffs.
    Bet we don't.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Elaborate.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll absolutely see a rise in cases and deaths from whatever the bottomed out level is when we reach it, but we'd need to go back to doing absolutely nothing differently, with everything open as normal, for a sustained period of time for the rise to get anywhere close to what we experienced before.

In short, and from just applying the obvious rather than having any form of comprehensive scientific knowledge, I think it'll be fine for a while yet. And if/when it isn't, we'll all be back inside again.

It's worth the risk, as what else would we do?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happens we simply must follow the SCIENCE.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only when THE SCIENCE is ready to advise, having considered everything and come up with a 100% correct choice of action.

Can't rush these things.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beeb headline earlier was SOUTH KOREA CLOSES SCHOOLS DUE TO SECOND SPIKE. Reality was: 200 schools in one region went back to home learning for a bit because there were 76 new cases.

There ain't gonna be a second wave.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iran is leading the way with herd immunity so look at us if you want to see future waves in action. Although at this point it's not clear if our first wave ever ended.