Page 296 of 373 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,800 of 18628

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhea Ripley is really good at her job.

Hopefully Rollins is done with Matt Riddle and moves onto someone more talented.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit harsh on Riddle, he's very good.

As is Ripley and really needs to be given some womens feuds to get back into rather than just clearing up Team Purple's mess for them.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new mask looks a little ECW on SciFi.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Bit harsh on Riddle, he's very good.

As is Ripley and really needs to be given some womens feuds to get back into rather than just clearing up Team Purple's mess for them.
    I just can’t take him seriously albeit I barely watch anything at all and just want to see Main Event (champ) Rollins back.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping under HHH they'll veer him more towards the NXT idea of him which they've sort of started to because Vince giving him the gimmick of flip flops, weed and 90s movie references wasn't ideal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for not being able to stand Stoner Bro. And put some fucking boots on or something.

Brutes v Imperium - Walter and Sheamus battering the shit out of each other hasn't gotten old yet and some good old 50/50 booking means we get to do it again likely. Good opener.

Rousey v Morgan - Felt like a bit of a botched finish. There was also a spot in the match where a propped up chair on the turnbuckle was supposed to be there for Ronda getting springboarded into it. The chair fell off just before the spot and it seemed like neither knew how to fix the situation for about 20 secs before deciding to do it but just into the ring post instead. Another spot on the outside where Ronda was supposed to flip Morgan but dropped her on her head/neck. I don't feel like the two work well together. Smiling as you're supposed to be passed out was also odd.

Drew v Randomer - No idea who this guy or his annoying companion is, but a predictable type of ending. Seems a big drop off to go from nearly toppling Reigns to the mid card almost immediately for Drew. That they spent some of the commentary time telling us how Drew had just been unlucky lately, losing out from a lot of interference, to not see it coming again makes him look thick.

Bayley v Not-another-Sasha-Banks-type - Probably should have main evented. Was good fun, even though as Ian said they did seem to forget what spot was up next at times. The lady who needs a haircut was booked strong and fought off the interference well, even if a little unbelievable. The finisher onto the ladder to put Bayley down looked great even if it was odd the was still holding it.

Edge v Balor - Way, way, way too long. I was sure the finish would be that, but with Rey Mysterio being the one getting twatted with a chair at the end. Could have easily cut 10 mins off this.
    Ripley also now finds herself in a tough spot(almost like Chyna was). She looks more than competent mixing it up in the mens division and such there doesn't seem to be much on for her on the womens side of it.
    The finish suggests there's yet more to come from this one. Yay...

FREAKIN Rollins v Stoner Bro - As before. Felt like they had to cut time on it due to probably Edge overrunning, or one of the 50 video packages. Also made very little use of the fact it was supposed to be an MMA style bout. It just felt like a cage match with added platforms.
    DC also being there(and in not his best shape) was completely pointless. At one point Rollins audibly suggested he'd go choke DC out. That should have seen DC do something other than stand there shouting get down like an annoyed parent.

Spooky Bray stuff - Crowd went nuts for it. I feel he does the character side of the stuff well, but then it gets to the point where it's just Bray Wyatt at the end, so Vince then pulls the plug in favour of his guy. We'll see what Trips does for him. Hopefully no comedy mallet in sight.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyatt should be alright if they stay away from the supernatural nonsense, having him burnt alive but then losing a wrestling match leaves you nowhere to go like with the Undertaker who got better when he became an MMA grandad with spooky lights rather than being an actual zombie.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He took being set on fire surprisingly well.

"OH MY GOD, SAY IT, SAY IT, SAY IT!" Sit the fuck down, you mark.

It went on too long and Bray's brand of spooky shit is more like if you pushed Papa Shango.
    Last edited by Shindig; 10-10-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gallows and Anderson got a decent reception when you consider how awful they were/were made to look last time around.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Lesnar
    Proper eyeroll when I saw him in the thumbnail for the review there. Poor Bobbo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta get that win back, brother. At least they'll do it in Saudi.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "So seeing as Lesnar is getting the win his will also be through a screwy finish right?"
    "Hahaha good one Bobby."

Forgot all about Crown Jewel. Fucking Logan Paul.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Book him against Roman.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't even hook the leg, very disrespectful.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet that dog passed the medical Saraya was supposed to have.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-63227696

The "one wish" of a 97-year-old woman came true when she got to go to a live wrestling match.

In her earlier years, Jane Prosser used to go to the matches with her late husband, Jack, on special occasions.

Now in an effort to widen well-being activities for its residents, the team at Katherine House, in Bristol, took Ms Prosser to re-live her glory days.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that she went for it with the lucha mask and everything. Legend.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://whatculture.com/wwe/aew-repo...l-never-return

Perfect time to transition him into a manager role, I'd say.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think he’d need a name change too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole Adams.

Done.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can handle Tony's drugs. Bagman Adam Page.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roidy magoo Katsuya Kitamura dead at 36.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that heart's not surviving a surprise party.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they didn't even bother getting Rey to put Dominic over, he just goes to Trips, tells him he wants to quit now. Instead he gets transferred to Smackdown and given an Intercontinental title shot? Okay.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I love Brays speech on smackdown so much more than the bs intro on extreme rules. He’s just a guy and he was hurt.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they did the Extreme Rules bit really well but possibly because I was interpreting (perhaps optimistically) it as a sort of swansong for the bits of his career they were showing before he came out but the Smackdown promo was really good. I'm curious as to how the new gimmick will be done given how the promo ended.

So they didn't even bother getting Rey to put Dominic over, he just goes to Trips, tells him he wants to quit now. Instead he gets transferred to Smackdown and given an Intercontinental title shot? Okay.
    That'll come in time you'd think. I think it makes sense to keep them apart for a bit. Probably have some crossover at the Rumble then either a match at Mania or when Rhea gets bored of cockteasing him and batters him have Rey and Dom tag vs. Judgement day or something.

They important thing is that I am right into Walter vs. Rey, a hundred times more than I'm interested in anything Dom has ever or will ever do.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the surface it seems like the only way to stretch it out until WrestleMania.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the brand split being less than strict I'd imagine the moody gang will come find him and provoke him into the eventual match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the idea of Bray (or Rey for that matter) being assigned to a brand is a bit lol given the Bloodline, Rollins and whoever the fuck else have been popping back and forth as they please for ages.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have SPECIAL DISPENSATION which is only given to 3 or maybe 4 or possibly 5 but surely not more than 10 wrestlers.

The system works.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Roidy magoo Katsuya Kitamura dead at 36.
    His story is so bizarre. I was enjoying his run as a young lion a few years back and he literally disappears over night. Rumours he had a moped accident, failed a drugs test etc. Then didn’t he go into kickboxing or something?

There’s a fascinating story in there somewhere. Tragic though. 36, fucking hell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japan is so secretive in general so after he left it's all rumours as to why. He got schooled by some 56 year old in MMA last year though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was concussions that ended his NJ run but it seems a moped accident as well followed by a go at MMA and then fitness videos.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got round to watching Extreme Rules.

Brutes/Imperium was easily the best thing on the card, they wanted to beat the piss out of one another and they accomplished that goal incredibly well.

Rousey/Liv was crap, it was dull had a shit finish and they clearly don't gel well together, please don't give us another match.

Kross/Drew was a typical Kross match. Incredibly boring. His presentation is absolutely amazing but when it comes to his in-ring work I'm just so bored.

Bianca/Bayley was decent and it was always going to be. Didn't work too well as a ladder match though.

Balor/Edge, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That felt like it lasted a week.

Riddle/Rollins it was ok but I hated the new fight pit layout and I don't think they really went hard enough for what should be more like a real fight. Seeing fatty DC was nice though.

The Bray return was done well but his new mask is even worse than his old one and I still don't get why so many people are frothing about him.

Overall it was decent viewing but the worst Triple H PPV thus far.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the main event from last night's NXT. Not bad. I was hopefully they'd have binned the dayglo lighting but apparently not. And I remain unconvinced about Breakkkkkker.

This is a fun spot I saw skipping through the rest of the show, though:

Maybe less fun if you're Wes Lee.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE’s camerawork continues to baffle me, there.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhea Ripley is one of the few good things on that show. Absolute star.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit harsh on current Raw, that

But agreed on Ripley, who I'm just glad to see having a good time again after Vince tried his best to ruin her. She's great and should be in the women's title picture. Have her take it off Belair at least Judgement Day would have a title then too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously three hours is hard to book but they don't do themselves any favours. They go to commercial 30 seconds into every match so straight away they're telling the viewer that entrances and backstage comedy skits with Johnny "no personality" Gargano are important, but the wrestling match on the wrestling show is when you should go put the kettle on. It completely takes you out of it.

Also it'd be great if they didn't job Gable out every week and took that stupid gimmick off him. It's time for him to go away for a bit. We're at the point where it does nothing for either guy in the match because we know the outcome so whoever beats him doesn't gain any momentum from it. But it's nice to see Theory won again; jobbing out the briefcase guy is such lazy booking and they were in danger of squandering him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gable thing I come.and go on but I'll allow time for now to see if HHHs NXT booking habits end up translating to the main roster where until you were in a specific story you may well lose as often as you win. Happened with plenty of good NXT guys early does, Lee being the one who comes to mind. If Gable's still losing every week in 6-12 months with no sign of progressing onto other things fine but I'm prepared to be patient for now and see what main roster booking looks like for guys like him.

And there is a problem for them currently where they don't have many bad wrestlers (hello, Omos) and you can't rehabilitate everybody at the same time so somebody's got to take the losses. I wish it wasn't Gable because he's great but I'll tefer back to my previous point for now.

As for all the stuff about the structure of Raw as a TV programme you're absolutely right on all of.it, but I can't get exercised about it because I don't watch it as a TV programme. I don't sit down to consume.it that way. I skip yonthe matches and segments I want and because I'm already skipping on the (terrible) flow of the thing doesn't impact me. I saw Raw live about five years ago though and it's even worse as a live experience.
    Last edited by Ian; 25-10-2022 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion re: Gable, and I might be in the minority, is that if the guy has a big upside but you currently don't have anything for him, then take him off TV completely or at the very least keep him out of matches. How can you miss him if he never goes away? And it's not like they're running some obscure territory so are low on workers. Every time he's lost the purpose has been to get the other guy over (Gargano, Strowman, now Elias). Surely there is someone else in the 250 contracted guys who you can cycle in for a few weeks to do that job and not kill off something you might have with Gable down the line. Wrestling fans love a return. Make him disappear for 3-6 months then bring him back in a solid spot and you've automatically got momentum going forward.

Also, you mention Omos but it seems Triple H at least understands how to get a big guy over. Don't expose them in a 8-10 minute match but just have them squash geeks for weeks on end. They did the same with Strowman on Smackdown last week too. So when the PPV comes around and someone gives them a competitive match, both the winner and loser gain from it. If it worked for Andre, it'll work for these lumps. Well, Strowman at least. Omos is useless.
    Last edited by Ben; 25-10-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was gonna say the difference is against the right opponent Strowman can do something entertaining. Omos' upside genuinely ends at his height.

He should be muscle, not a wrestler. At least him and Braun is on a show I won't watch.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ian.

Strong lineup.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, that's decent. I probably won't see it until next week.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan is pathetic. He's trying to build Ring of Honor and keep a solid relationship with New Japan so he jobs out FTR (tag champions of both companies) in a #1 contender match for the AEW titles. Does anyone want to see Swerve in Our Glory (what a shit name) vs. The Acclaimed again? I'd probably watch the PPV if it was FTR in there instead.

Also what is the deal with throwaway World title matches on TV? Everyone knows it's Moxley vs. MJF at the PPV so why bother? It's not like they've had Penta do anything in AEW anyway.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s properly gone to shit. MJF is the only good bit (And Max Casters raps.)

Bring back the Bucks.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your first line is absolutely correct.

The second one can get to fuck. And it seems they've turned heel in the Punk saga because they booted the door in right into the Punk's dog's face and took out two teeth. And dogs are always the babyface.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like when they just mash names together to make a tag team name, Warjoe is another shit one. WWE loves a bit of that, although Showmiz was close to an exception as it's a decent pun.