User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 228 of 261 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,400 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No party would risk a GE in that case and government would remain dysfunctional.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong performance from Rishi in PMQ's I thought.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve just seen clips. I wouldn’t call it strong but he acted fairly normal and professional so it’s a huge improvement over what we’ve endured the last three years. A very low bar but I guess he’s cleared it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My pub landlord boss is sending me some top top racist memes from the moment Rishi got in including Downing Street decorated as a Londis

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're rife on WhatsApp at the moment, too. Didn't realise racism was still so prevalent.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A GE because of a change in Prime Minister is nonsense. If it’s the US where they directly elect them then fine. You elect your MP to vote for the leader on your behalf.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, second and third woman, first Jewish, first Hindu, first non-white PMs all Tories.

Always had a theory that it's genuinely a more equal opportunities party, in that Fabianism etc require entrenched elites to have the luxury to come up with all the fancy plans.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been telling you lads he'll get slaughtered at the polls because it's the same people who voted Brexit over immigration. Barrow voted Brexit due to immigration fears and if you saw someone non-white in Barrow it was an event. I was seeing a girl of Fijian descent for a bit and the amount of comments was insane.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    What you're essentially saying is "OK, you have Polio, but you could have been Ebola, so stop whining".

Having a better system than the one that sustained Ol' Donny T is one thing. Having a system that let Liz fucking Truss in without the General Public having any say in it is another. I don't want either system.
    "No point hoping things get better (for you, commoner) because what if things change and they get worse?" may as well be the Tory motto.

Bit of a mouthful, mind. Maybe it'd sound catchier in Latin.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew that some Jews consider themselves POC. In all the painting of Disraeli he looks awfully white.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In those days everyone strained to fit in, whereas nowadays everyone strains to stand out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It never occurred to you that Jews originate from the Middle East

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Brown man"

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really associated Middle East as POC, really. If POC basically means anything but European white - then fair enough.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means whatever is convenient to the person using the term.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I've never really associated Middle East as POC, really. If POC basically means anything but European white - then fair enough.
    To Americans even the Spanish and Italians are POC.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the Irish.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When convenient. Other times even Hispanics and Asians are white.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    When convenient. Other times even Hispanics and Asians are white.
    You make it sound like this only occurs from “the woke.” Pretty much everyone gets up to it - see Kanye, the Nation of Islam, and the hoteph crowd. I remember being very surprised to see some weirdo facist group on tv refer to me as “not-white” for being a Jew. It happens to almost every ethnic group because weirdo race stuff is weird, including that tweet.

And it will be true in the UK as well. It’s just all dumb weird nonsense.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the eyes of racists, white people are basically the guys Hitler would give a pass. Persons of colour are every fucker else who would have gone through the chambers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose its the problem with Race being so loosely defined that religion and nationality are thrown in. It also doesn't help that race in and of its self is a bit of a nonsense. Skin colour is a spectrum and there are light skinned black people with lighter skin than more olive skinned white people. It's all a load of wibble.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is all silly secondary / high school in and out group sorting done on a national scale. To show how weird it all is, in the last three weeks I’ve heard about:

Trump yammering on about how us Jews are not grateful for an embassy in some country I’ve never been to, don’t have any family in, or whatever. At least he finally said out loud that the real “Israel lobby” isn’t Jewish but evangelical Christian. The left gets up to this “your only a secondary American” even more than he does.

The whole silly Nation of Islam stuff where they are the real Jews and the Jews are not the Jews. But wait, the Jewish media and Jewish bankers control everything- even though we are not really the jews. It’s so clearly broken brained but ….

The right wing fascist grifters who’ve glommed on to the above for kicks and giggles.

I’m sure I can find the weirdo right wing Jewish Ben Shapiro types telling me how I’m not a real jew somehow cause reasons delivered in a high squeaky voice that can really only be understood by dogs. All just as a sop because they have a fascist adjacent audience they need to sell too.

And that slightly weird Twitter post trying to fit into whatever the current silliness is. Sure it is silly but hardly the worst shit we are gonna get this week.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    You make it sound like this only occurs from “the woke.”
    Nah, idiots come in all shapes and denominations. At least we can agree that everyone trying to racialize shit, no matter their alleged intentions, is a moron, right?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, but potential outcomes can vary.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'POC' is a state of mind.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global majority.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Sunak's parents are the biggest racists imaginable. He'll be all Californian and tolerant, but his wife probably considers herself and their kids white.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just noticed Gav is back in the Cabinet. How the fuck does he do it?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only assume it's for morale. How could you feel stupid or incompetent with him around?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that Rishi's getting shit for not going to COP27. I'd originally thought the number after COP signified the number of countries attending, but it turns out it's the edition of the event. 26 of these cunting things from 1995 and the situation is infinitely worse since then. An absolute waste of time.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/202482...n-growth-visa/

If that was it then lol at the 'threat to national security' hysteria.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The contents are irrelevant. It's the fact she used her private email address and then lied about it. Having a Home Secretary with that type of form could be dangerous down the line.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be quite happy to see everyone who mishandles government information sacked and killed, but, in a world where leaking is a routine part of political life, and where it's all done anonymously, singling her out looks like media bollocks. Who told the Sun what she was leaking? Did they use their gov.uk e-mail address to do so?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think she's being singled out at all. She's in the news because it was leaked and a Home Secretary is probably the last person you want to be chancing shit over WhatsApp and Hotmail so it's a juicy scoop for The Sun or whatever. Patel was in the news when she did it (twice). When lesser ministers do it, it does become public information but is just neglected from mainstream media because their readers don't give a shit what the Minister of State for Food gets up to.

I reckon it was Coffey who grassed her up. Braverman lied to Truss and seemingly Truss wasn't about to sack her so Coffey made it front page news.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long until we rejoin?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’ll be 20 years minimum, and it probably won’t even exist at that stage. There is absolutely nothing could make you go back currently.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched the Ross Atkins video yet, but the most apparent problem so far (which COVID also didn't help with) is lack of staff, which is hurting almost every industry it seems and no fucker is even talking about it being a problem, let alone how they solve it.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s solved with foreigners, which you’re sticking on planes to camps in Ethiopia now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be an awful shame if these companies had to start paying a decent wage.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be an awful shame if these companies had to start paying a decent wage.
    While they should be doing so, I don't think that solves it, there just aren't the people to offer roles to in the first place now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    While they should be doing so, I don't think that solves it, there just aren't the people to offer roles to in the first place now.
    There are, they're just not insentivised to bother. There is very little difference between working 35 hours on minimum wage and Universal Credit for stay at home parents for example. Especially when you factor in child care.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capitalism would implode overnight if it was mandated that they had to pay everyone decent wages. The entire business model depends on being able to flog the working class.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier this week I spoke to a woman that's been on UC for years. She took a job at a shop in Wickford earning minimum wage. To do this she drove from her home in Basildon to her mums in Hadleigh to drop her kid off, then to work in Wickford and did the same trip in reverse after work.

Come her next UC payment, she was only about £200 better off for the month because UC deducts 60p for ever £1 you earn. She was spending most of that extra £200 on petrol. It literally wasn't worth her effort. So she fucked it off. Work doesn't pay at "grass roots" anymore. It's pathetic.

Fix that and we have enough people to fill the jobs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Capitalism would implode overnight if it was mandated that they had to pay everyone decent wages. The entire business model depends on being able to flog the working class.
    But yeah. This is the problem. Minimum wage being basically equal to state benefits is a joke.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Is that really true? Or would those at the top of the chains just have to make do with having millions and millions of pounds rather than hundreds of millions or billions of pounds?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Is that really true? Or would those at the top of the chains just have to make do with having millions and millions of pounds rather than hundreds of millions or billions of pounds?
    I'm sure Rishi will get straight on enforcing that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did these jobs when we were kids and companies couldn't just rustle up thousands of Eastern Europeans and Indians? Where did all the automated car washes go?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Who did these jobs when we were kids and companies couldn't just rustle up thousands of Eastern Europeans and Indians? Where did all the automated car washes go?
    People like my mum. She worked in Wilko's while I was at school. These days she would be better off on Universal Credit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People like my mum. She worked in Wilko's while I was at school. These days she would be better off on Universal Credit.
    So is it "capitalism's" fault or "the dole's" fault?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government makes the fundamentals expensive (housing, energy, fucking everything) which removes incentives to work, imports people to do the jobs, which then removes any incentives for companies to train and pay better wages, which... It's another ponzi scheme that Brexit was meant to help solve, but instead they just shit themselves and let a load of non-Europeans in when we would be better off with ten Poles to every Pakistani we take in.