User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 151 of 260 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,550 of 12977

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the 'anti-semitism' crew very boring, but I am very ignorant in those matters. A friend of mine teaches classes on anti-semitism and is chimping out because a course called Nazi Culture in her own department (German) has more students than hers.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not to make light of anti-semitism, but it does seem a bit like they're specifically targeting Corbyn and the Labour party.

It's almost like they as a community stand to pay a bit more in tax and may find it harder to hide their wealth under a Labour government dead set on ending austerity and tax avoidance. But I'm sure that's nothing to do with it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tories would definitely be on safer ground with this if they had literally any other leader, although, that being said, Twitter seems to have 75% of the population as a PROVEN RACIST these days.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    It's ridiculous. The entire agenda of "Is Corbyn a secret racist?" is laughable when you look at Boris' track record. He's got a proven history of speaking and writing sexist, homophobic and racist views. Yet Corbyn get's crucified by the media for apparently "not doing enough" to prevent racism.
    You can see by the way he answers questions and the responses he gives that he's not done/doing enough. He even said last night that he's had to tighten up the process over the last few months.

Boris being a racist twat doesn't change this.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he's taking steps to ensuring it isn't tolerated? How dare he!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    So he's taking steps to ensuring it isn't tolerated? How dare he!
    He's not actually doing anything as far as I can see.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbyn is an anti-semite in the same way Boris is a racist. Neither want anyone lynched, but they both hold unhealthy prejudices that seep out from time to time

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Corbyn is an anti-semite in the same way Boris is a racist. Neither want anyone lynched, but they both hold unhealthy prejudices that seep out from time to time
    This is complete horseshit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

Jeremy Corbyn is probably the least racist person in the world, and one of the more prominent anti-racist campaigners of the last several decades. That this shit can be made to stick is a fucking shambles.

It'll be interesting to see how the BBC (rapidly also becoming a disgrace) get themselves out of having lied to Labour about Johnson having also agreed an interview with Andrew Neil, which apparently he hadn't and won't.

And yes, it's the policies that count (or should count) not the charisma or other personality bullshit. Corbyn could be a one-eyed mute and it would still be right to vote for this Labour manifesto.
    Last edited by Henry; 27-11-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one of the least prominent anti-racist campaigners of the last several decades, and yet the amount of anti-Semites/anti-Semitism that I've felt the need to defend is less than that of the most prominent. Weird.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It’s an answer you’d get from any politician trying to dodge the question.

Which makes it look like he’s fine with all that jazz.

Even if he is, just lie for fuck’s sake.
    Even if you concede Corbyn himself is not an anti-Semite, the question that needs answered is why are many anti-Semites attracted to a Corbyn led Labour party.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer The 2nd View Post
    Even if you concede Corbyn himself is not an anti-Semite, the question that needs answered is why are many anti-Semites attracted to a Corbyn led Labour party.
    I'm sure you have data showing that there are "many" such people. So much of this shit is being taken at face value, and most of it either the tired canard of classing criticism of Israel as anti-Semitism, or trumped up bullshit. Like when Chris Williamson was kicked out merely for suggesting that there wasn't much of an issue.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an ocean-going retard whose definition of anti-Semitism is a very narrow one of right-wingers attacking Jews as a minority group. If somebody smashed up a synagogue he would be right on it because he would see a vulnerable community under siege. All of the other stuff about British Jews having dual loyalty to Israel or Jews controlling world finance and governments is merely part of the debate. After all, banks do control governments, and a lot of bankers are Jewish, so... Hence that wanky 'it's an anti-Semitic trope' defence last night. He accepts that claiming one particular Jewish family controls the world could be anti-Semitic, but the author might have gone on to make some good points about inequality and Israeli settlements so you really need to see it in context.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    You don't vote for prime ministers. I *can* vote Corbyn as he's my constituency.
    In which case, Marie “Shinkicker” Rimmer is an even worse choice.

Greens it is.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israel is a 51st state of America by proxy and it’s specifically because plenty of American Jews have split allegiances. It’s not like there’s some underground cabal of bankers secretly siphoning money, it’s out in the open completely. It’s similar if less extreme in the UK. Realistically, you would want to be able to discuss whether such ties are problematic in normal public discourse, but you can’t because Conservative parties the world over (as well as Dem establishment in the US) have been able to convince the average person that such talk is racism, tantamount somehow to whatever stupid cunts like Boris and Trump say about other minority groups who aren’t protected by the strongest, most unified special interest bloc in modern politics.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you say 'Rothchild Zionists run Israel and world governments' is closer to your points or to outright racism?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Hello.

Jeremy Corbyn is probably the least racist person in the world.
    I hope you’ve got data to back that up. We don’t want any of that “at face value” wank.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter how racist he is. The fact is, he's not apologising for alleged racism happening on his watch. It's the kind of thing it should be easy to apologise for, too. He's putting his foot down in the worst way.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Would you say 'Rothchild Zionists run Israel and world governments' is closer to your points or to outright racism?
    That's a conspiracy theory for simple people. Nobody runs the world.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Tories are already plotting the sell-off of the NHS in a post-brexit US trade deal and Boris Johnson is pulling out of doing an interview with Andrew Neil.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't David Cameron already privatise it all?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big poll news:

The Conservatives will win the general election with a majority of 68 seats, according to a YouGov poll.

Were the election held tomorrow, YouGov projects the Tories would win 359 seats - 42 more than they took in 2017.

Labour is on track to lose 51 MPs by securing 211 seats, the poll suggests.

The poll suggests that the Conservatives would pick up seats from the Labour heartlands of the Midlands and the North.

YouGov's MRP model was hotly anticipated because it is the method that first accurately projected a hung parliament in 2017.

Remember, there are caveats to this and any prediction should be treated with caution.

The difference between this model and ordinary polling is that it applies national trends to constituencies, using demographics and previous results. This means it's more specific than national polling but will miss any truly local issues.

And like other polls, the data can change between now and the election.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Scotland will be a mix of SNP and Tory again
    What a hole.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    This is complete horseshit.
    Nope, you and others just want it to be because he's left wing and you want him to win. It's just like football club tribal wank arguments.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Cummings has just put another mental blog up, jesus christ the man has some front.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big poll news:
    How does this work (using national trends and previous results) when the Brexit Party didn’t even exist until about six months ago?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are using the results of recent national polls presumably. Plus, the Brexit Party aren't running in any Tory seats.

The Brexit Party will probably just inherit the UKIP votes anyway. They won't get a seat.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the other stuff about British Jews having dual loyalty to Israel or Jews controlling world finance and governments is merely part of the debate.

There are vanishingly few in the Labour party who go on about that stuff. Again, unless you twist it to say that not wanting bombs dropped on children in Gaza is anti-Semitic.

Corbyn's error has been not to call this out for what it is, and to try to placate those pushing the narrative. Like refusing to challenge that head rabbi dickhead, who has form on this.
    Last edited by Henry; 28-11-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vanishing few are weirdly over-represented in official and semi-official positions though, which is what makes it unusual, and he nonces around the issue because he's a moral and intellectual idiot.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vanishing few are weirdly over-represented in official and semi-official positions though
    Name them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't because there aren't any.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't because there aren't any.
    What?

Meanwhile, your PM has a long history of being an actual racist himself, and isn't getting half the grief about it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Floyd said, it seems quite comparable from the they're both shit side of the fence. The constant referrals to the piccaninnies stuff and the Muslim women looking like letterboxes is all harmless in its actual context, but then you have things like today's chimp out(!) about him once saying that Nigerians are obsessed with money. Is that more or less racist than saying that British 'Zionists' haven't adapted to English irony? More than likely they're just soft-peddled idiocy, although I reckon Johnson would at least have the good sense not to sit on the telly and nitpick over racism vs 'racist tropes' for fear of looking like a cretin.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry dismissing the Chief Rabbi's accusations of antisemitism for "having form" has to be the highlight so far.

I don't think I've ever seen him do that about any other minority leader's opinion on the back of a racism discussion in twenty years of posting here.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry dismissing the Chief Rabbi's accusations of antisemitism for "having form" has to be the highlight so far.

I don't think I've ever seen him do that about any other minority leader's opinion on the back of a racism discussion in twenty years of posting here.
    I think Henry's referring to his lack of neutrality on politics. Specifically on policies that Corbyn has advocated against.

[edited out]

edit: lol I copy/pasted that from Wikipedia and actually I think I've just copied some propaganda. Deleting it now.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An un-sourced line like 'As Chief Rabbi of Ireland and before the opening of an Israeli Embassy in Ireland, he represented Israel’s interests at government level and in the media' is a bit suspect.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An un-sourced line like 'As Chief Rabbi of Ireland and before the opening of an Israeli Embassy in Ireland, he represented Israel’s interests at government level and in the media' is a bit suspect.
    Would like to note that I noticed this and deleted it before seeing this for exactly that reason.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this is how it starts gents. If Corbyn were ever to get into power Henry would be along citing the greater good.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for that Phonics.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, this is how it starts gents. If Corbyn were ever to get into power Henry would be along citing the greater good.
    I mean it already has started for black people and muslims in this country so I'm not sure what the implication is here. Jews wouldn't be persecuted under a Corbyn government in some special way.

On the other hand you have had a large insurgent underground movement based on hatred of ethnic minorities. They're not suddenly voting labour because they think there's a anti-semite in the office, unlike Donald Trump that has had a huge swathe of these non-voting nazis matter to him.

(i've edited this several times to be more accurate, please refresh before replying)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all Muslims and pinko cranks who would vote Labour regardless.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm sure the bloke who drove a van into Finsbury Mosque is a big Labour voter.

edit: lol I just looked him up and he's Welsh so he probably was.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very funny paragraph in the article though.

Several far right groups are active in south Wales. They include the South Wales National Front. Its leader, Adam Lloyd, denied any connection to the attacker. “The man in question is not known to any of us here in South Wales National Front, and to our knowledge is not and never has been a member,” he said. “Although we will never condone or accept this kind of violent attacks here in SWNF, anyone with a right mind can see this is not a terrorist attack but a revenge attack.”

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you meant the anti-Semites buzzing around the Labour Party.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the lefts very specific issue with Jews is a seperate issue.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry jumping the red shark is nice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I mean it already has started for black people and muslims in this country so I'm not sure what the implication is here. Jews wouldn't be persecuted under a Corbyn government in some special way.

On the other hand you have had a large insurgent underground movement based on hatred of ethnic minorities. They're not suddenly voting labour because they think there's a anti-semite in the office, unlike Donald Trump that has had a huge swathe of these non-voting nazis matter to him.

(i've edited this several times to be more accurate, please refresh before replying)
    To clarify, I didn't mean how the holocaust starts again, more that Henry's staunch belief that Corbyn is beyond reproach means he gets a free pass on so many issues he otherwise wouldn't and I genuinely believe that even if he was doing some damaging shit to the country Henners wouldn't ever see it that way.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify, I didn't mean how the holocaust starts again, more that Henry's staunch belief that Corbyn is beyond reproach means he gets a free pass on so many issues he otherwise wouldn't and I genuinely believe that even if he was doing some damaging shit to the country Henners wouldn't ever see it that way.
    Do you have the same concerns with those who are about to vote the Tories in again? Except that's not a hypothetical situation based on nothing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Do you have the same concerns with those who are about to vote the Tories in again? Except that's not a hypothetical situation based on nothing.
    As we've established, it's not based on nothing though, is it?

And of course I have concerns over the Tories. Boris is a complete tool. But ultimately I'd trust them to run the country better than Corbyn and bring some stability back by fudging Brexit rather than going through the shambles of another referendum.

Judging by the polls enough people agree with me. Not sure that'll be enough for me to actually vote Tory, I still haven't to this date I should add, but I sure as shit won't be voting Labour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly can't understand what about the last 9 years or so of the Conservatives in government would make anyone want to trust them to run the country. The last 3 years in particular have been a complete shambles.