User Tag List

Page 156 of 173 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,800 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest gripe (as a FANBOY) is no Quidditch in the game. Hoping they bring out a DLC.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    So gents, real talk time. Is it good?
    There still seem to be some major reviewers which haven't touched it yet and some of the reviews I have read are a bit "hmmmm." I'd never have been buying it on release anyway but I currently have no real idea whether it appears to be actually good or just an impressive non-flub.

Though I am thankfully managing to swerve a lot of The Discourse that is presumably swirling around it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to pick through the culture war leaves me thinking it's a decent 7.5 that gets amplified and crushed depending on which side of 'the debate' you're on. Not a game of the year contender but seems to be generally well received.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most I know playing it have it at game of year kinda level and I've now done almost 3 hours and really enjoyed it.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot to discover. And it is fucking huge.

Not arsed about the hifflepiffle magic and scrumtums and gibberish child words but it's a delight to play.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Anybody (probably Mahow) played Madden '22? See it's on Game Pass.

I think I asked this question last year about '21 and I recall it sounded like a no from me because the career / franchise stuff sounded a bit poo.
    @Sir Andy Mahowry

Same question but for Madden '23 please.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not.

Got annoyed at MUT last year so decided to skip it. The game has been in a real rut the last few years.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the Semi-Finals of my 3rd ever Starcraft tournament

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did you make?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've come a long way since our first bout, Phonics

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    How much did you make?
    None, it's kind of a league format where you get points based on performance and if you're ranked high enough you get invited to the seasonal finals for money.

However, that performance qualified me for a few other tournaments that do payout so we'll see.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have one of those wanker gaming chairs yet?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think those sponsorships come with the rank above me sadly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can't say I ever properly fell in love with Breath of the Wild but I have finished it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Do you have one of those wanker gaming chairs yet?
    Most of which are also uncomfortable as fuck. That's how you know you've made it in life.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    So gents, real talk time. Is it good?
    Played a bunch now. It's pretty great.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll probably finish up Mafia Remastered tomorrow and I've largely enjoyed it. For a post-GTA open world crime thing, it feels very different to anything before or since. There's an open map but the story feeds you from mission to mission. It keeps the pace up and actually allows the slow, obey the law driving to give you a chance to relax. Plus I really like how the story is told. Takes it's story very seriously and, so far, it works really well. Got about five missions left but I'm told it sticks the landing.

EDIT: It sure does. Shame the missions are really rigid and the shooting is a bit awful on console.
    Last edited by Shindig; 19-02-2023 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that I finished God of War. The story and the missions picked up hugely in quality after you get to a certain point and it became pretty good. Don't have much faith that I'll go back and do everything else mind.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Semi-Finals appearance. Another loss.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, that's consistency. Is it the same people beating you?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of both, partially struggling against a particularly aggressive style of play but also just better players. I get to semis I’m playing people 6-700 MMR above me. It’s about 18-20 MMR per win for reference so it’s quite a significant gap.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Hogwarrs Dirty Wizard thing is great. Really enjoying I. Plays well and loads to see, explore and do.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Yakuza is out

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this looks very bad indeed.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was loving the couple of cut scenes in that. The gameplay though, stinky.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit of a shit demo, to be honest. Flashy moves without anything really taken at a normal pace. All bang, no context. Plus I'm really, really sick of the superhero/villain snark.

Speaking of demos (the playable knd) Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has one out. I can finally make some sense of how that game works. Another Team Ninja souls-ish thing but with twists that make the combat really, really aggressive.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the context would help that everything in the Suicide Squad game looks entirely without any sort of weight heft. Movement, shooting, abilities all look really floaty and nothing-y. That and the giant purple glowing weak spots. And, of course, everybody's favourite aspect of Arkham Knight: tanks.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I know Batman combat has its place but you can't transplant that to gunplay.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the context would help that everything in the Suicide Squad game looks entirely without any sort of weight heft. Movement, shooting, abilities all look really floaty and nothing-y. That and the giant purple glowing weak spots. And, of course, everybody's favourite aspect of Arkham Knight: tanks.
    The floaty shit looks almost Fortnite/battle royal-esque bullshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Playstation exclusive Hogwarts Legacy quest is fantastic.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not content with making the best Tetris, Tetsuya Miziguchi has decided Lemmings needs a stylish shake-up. Humanity's demo is out and it is ... erm ... yeah, it's Lemmings.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wondering why The Outer Worlds seems to have retained quite a high price even on key selling sites but the Spacers Choice upgrade due next week may explain it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After God of War 2 I felt a bit of a draught so have replayed Divinity OS2.
    Done with that now and replaying Witcher 3.

Its years are showing a bit, even with the PS5 upgrade, but still

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Sin 2 is great, really love the flexibility in builds and some of the classes are so much fun (Assassin/Summoner I remember being particularly spicy). Only finished it once though, I normally get to the second/third big map and lose interest because there's just so much to do in each area.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I have been wondering why The Outer Worlds seems to have retained quite a high price even on key selling sites but the Spacers Choice upgrade due next week may explain it.
    It's free on GamePass so they don't have to put it on sale on other platforms.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embargo's up so I can talk more about Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. It's a second-rate Sekiro. Hitting parries is satisfying but the window's not quite reliable and certain bosses demand you master it. There's a ton of numbers in that game but you don't really build a character sheet. Gear, levels, all of it is secondary to a fortitude rank. A rank you can only build by raising flags in the levels and grinding enemies.

Still want to finish it but the boss I'm on is parry or die.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Original Sin 2 is great, really love the flexibility in builds and some of the classes are so much fun (Assassin/Summoner I remember being particularly spicy). Only finished it once though, I normally get to the second/third big map and lose interest because there's just so much to do in each area.
    I've finished it twice with different co-op chums and I feel like unless I was doing something super specific this is the way I'd replay it, if I was playing afresh with another person playing it for the first time.

Still, Maz replaying OS2 then Witcher 3 is a very me thing to do and I applaud it.

I'm playing the Shadow Tactics sidequel Aiko's Choice. It's more of the same and I'm absolutely fine with that.

Also doing Steamworld Quest on Switch.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm replaying UFO Aftermath having been reminded about it by a friend, for me a far better spiritual successor to the original games than the more modern Xcoms.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony currently have a deal on for new accounts or those with lapsed memberships. £1 for PS+, £3 for PS+ Extra and £5 for PS+ Premium for a month.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh nice, that'll do me for a month.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finished it twice with different co-op chums and I feel like unless I was doing something super specific this is the way I'd replay it, if I was playing afresh with another person playing it for the first time.

Still, Maz replaying OS2 then Witcher 3 is a very me thing to do and I applaud it.

I'm playing the Shadow Tactics sidequel Aiko's Choice. It's more of the same and I'm absolutely fine with that.

Also doing Steamworld Quest on Switch.

Yeah OS2 turned into a bit of a slog in the end. Didn't help that I sort of inadvertedly made the exact same party, the exact same builds and all the exact same choices

Witcher 3 is showing it's years a little, but still getting by through ambiance and the fact that the colourful style could pass for a art choice if you squint a little.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I did a playthrough of OS2 with two of my mates we got to the final bit and you've just had the whole speech of "who should really have the power of a god?" I said no and they were all "Yes I absolutely want the power of a god."

Annoying thing is I absolutely schooled both of them in the resulting fight (they'd been having me carry all the grenades and stuff including cursed grenades and everything else) but because I'd already said "Not for me, Clive" it didn't then give me the final say on what to do about it.

I dunno how many people would have actually played it in the competitive co-op way Larian pitched it but you could definitely have some fun and double-crosses in the home stretch if you did.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new/old Yakuza game isn't hitting like the previous ones sadly.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about what they'd do with something that was never more than a downloadable side story.

In the process of writing up Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty's review. A process hampered by me being shit at Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. There are some difficulty spikes in that game that are astounding. They're usually followed up with trivial missions which is cathartic, to say the least. Tons of systems at play but the combat can feel fairly basic with the majority of your attacks handled by one button. Movesets don't differ much despite the game swimming in gear and I've hit the inventory limit at the half-way stage.

It has a village hub level it doesn't need and it makes finishing sub missions a pain in the arse. "Want to go back to the village? How about your main battlefield?" How about you give me the mission menu? No? Fine, I'll warp the village so I can warp out of it to do something else.

It's a Sekiro mod for Nioh in every single sense but I'm still enjoying it. I just wish it was more focused instead of throwing systems upon systems. They're not all well explained either.
    Last edited by Shindig; 06-03-2023 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The month of PS+ Premium for a fiver is a cracking deal but a reminder why I don't have a regular subscription to the service. There's not a huge amount of choice there unless you really like some of the series which are very well represented (Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Lego) or what appear to be noncy Japanese RPGs, and the disposability of having all the games means I'll give one ten minutes or so and fuck it off. I think I'm just going to spend the rest of the month playing Miles Morales through

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been on a Lord of the Rings binge recently so got the itch to replay Shadow Of Mordor. Just starting out in the first area, I think the next one is where you can start making your own army.

Such a shame the guys who invented this Nemesis system patented it and then disappeared. It needs a follow-up

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the kind of thing that an Arkham game would've worked with. Even if it was just beefing up a bunch of Henchmen with fake villain names, I'd take it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah exactly - or Ass Creed. Basically any of these types of games

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're using it in the Wonder Woman game which seems an odd fit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.Tekken
    2.Mortal Kombat
    3.Street Fighter

In that order. Never got into Street Fighter at all. I used to spend hours on Tekken as King

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to get on Street Fighter 6. Mortal Kombat is dogshit.