Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony just bought Bungie.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that sure was unexpected. Well, maybe. They've been independent for a few years but I guess Destiny 2 can't hang around forever.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sincere we need you to do the platinum trophy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame they didn't show off any new tracks. The weather stuff could be nice, if they do it right. Spa's microclimate.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last one was neat enough but this feels closer to the original series with the career mode so I'm all in.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binfinite Burial at Sea done. That is a proper damp squib of an ending. And not half as interesting as they think it is which is a shame because it has some good moments.

Got a few things lined up I might play. Overboard!, The Forgotten City or maybe Frostpunk if I want to get in practice for unaffordable energy bills.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Frostpunk when I played it. The Forgotten City looks interesting too.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the Frostpunk was good train.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does it actually play? Is it you make a decision and x amount of time passes or more like a RTS of some sort or...?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The campaign (which is the only thing that I played) moved at a pretty good pace. It plays like a RTS, I'd say. There are not turns like in Civ.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Sincere we need you to do the platinum trophy.

2028 and it will be mine.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How does it actually play? Is it you make a decision and x amount of time passes or more like a RTS of some sort or...?
    It’s real time but you can slow or speed up time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on with Grim Fandango at the moment. The remaster from a few years back. The writing, characters and art style is all spot on.

The puzzles are largely too left-field, or just outright nonsensical, for me to really enjoy it as a game though. I absolutely, 100% would not have made it out of "Year One" (which I just have done) without the repeated use of a guide.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's way too hard.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, as you say love the characters and everything but the puzzles did nothing for me as is so often the case in those old adventure games.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vampire Survivors is taking over my life.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Forgotten City is short but decent, if it's done well I'd be interested to see what they can do with a bit of a bigger budget and hopefully make it look less Elder Scrolls mod-y when you're talking to the dead-eyed automatons who're passing as people. It's fun though, clearly a lot of thought went into it and it's refreshing that they've made sure there are shortcuts / workarounds so if you've completed certain tasks once you don't have to repeat them on each loop. Some of the dialogue is pretty funny too.

All that is really unimportant though because it has an Asterix reference where you get to say "These Romans are crazy!" so immediate 11/10 GOTY. @wullie

Also did a bit of Overboard. I love Inkle but I think in this case I may have stumbled on one of the 'best' solutions early so I'm only likely to dip in and out to discover a couple of secrets which were hinted at for me but I haven't got to the bottom of yet. Definitely doesn't have the replayability of some of their previous efforts, methinks, but what's there is definitely up to their usual standard and it's just a fun idea.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frostpunk is pretty slick. It is, however, not my cup of tea.

I suspected it might not be as that kind of basebuildy type thing often isn't. Worth trying though because given you're also just building a ramshackle city in the middle of some snow it's also quite pretty.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the idea of Sifu and the combat looks so satisfying, but from the reviews and impressions I know that I'd be massively shit at it and just get frustrated so I'm not going to buy it and instead leave it as a magical maybe.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in exactly the same boat when I read about the difficulty. I really do want to look down a corridor of mooks I'm about to kung fu though.

I have installed both Vampyr and Rain of Reflections and will pick one to have a go at next.

There's nothing big currently grabbing my attention so I'm basically going to batter away at a pile of things which are shorter or I'm less sure about (so they can either grab me or after an hour or two I can write them off the list forever.)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m playing Tearaway at the minute. It’s good and has that weird PlayStation nostalgia. It also should’ve ended hours ago.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wish someone would make a game that has gun-kata included in it properly (badass John Wick shit). It has it a bit in Watch Dogs: Eastenders but only for a small subset of characters.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had to babysit the nephew tonight and the first game he pointed at on my PS5 was Fallout 4. I've just started and it's great, great news that he didn't pay attention to like, the dead people. 20 minutes in a room looking at his feet. Good lad.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise Rain of Reflections is episodic or that only one episode is currently out, but I have made a start on the first one.

It's interesting, story is a bit 'What if Children of Men but in a cyberpunk future?' and the game itself is some very light point and click, some potentially branching dialogue (no idea if taking different options will prove to amount to much) and some turn based tactics stealth. Has the look and feel of a studio making their first game, which they are, but I kinda dig what little I've played so far.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fallout’s broken the second quest. That was quick.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * gasp *

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out the door I'd unlocked with a terminal was behind another locked door. I had to resolve it with pumping a perk into lockpicking and wasting about 7 bobby pins.

Also, they haven't fixed the Deathclaw's physics. Outsite of the Museum of Freedom, all I could see where airborne, spinning vehicles.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain of Reflections episode 1 done. It's an interesting mish-mash of things, all achieved individually at about a 6/10 level but with just enough polish and enough about it to, I think, nudge it into "interesting 7/10 territory."

I hope they're able to build on it with the next episode.

Realised (because I'm watching Many A True Nerd do Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening(.... the Revenge!)) that what I'm in the mood for is something RPGish and looked to see what I had across the various platforms and have decided Shadowrun - Dragonfall may be the one, I'll decide whether to go into that or stick with the original plan of Vampyr.
    Last edited by Ian; 12-02-2022 at 05:18 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some successful runs out of Vampire Survivors. I hadn't got past 14 minutes before but evolving weapons seems to make the first level a cakewalk. By the end, you can barely move for enemies but they're all dying so quickly. I didn't even know the boss was dead.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was unmoved by the reveal of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands way back when but now I have played Assault on Dragon Keep as a free PS Plus offering I am seriously considering it as a release day pick up. Of course I'll end up not having the time to play it properly but I am pleasantly surprised by AoDG, it has whet my appetite for looter shooting that had dried up halfway through Borderlands 3.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now the other map from Vampire Survivors is done. Excellent. I'll get back to that when they add more stuff. Also, I'm tempted to leave Fallout 4. It's not grabbing me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing Shadowrun - Dragonfall and it's pretty good. Wanted an RPG after I finished up with Rain of Reflections and it's scratching the itch. It's a really interesting setting too. Future/ alt-timeline Earth with cyberpunk but also fantasy races and stuff.

It does a frankly terrible job of explaining how stuff works but now that I mostly understand it I'm enjoying it a lot. Combat gets more nuanced as you get more abilities and gear and there have been some good quests with interesting decisions to make so far. Some aspects of it are a little undercooked, particularly how it uses your abilities / stats as options for dialogue and the like but this is a problem with most games after playing Disco Elysium.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/bal...er-an-art-form

Well this all sounds like excellent fun. Of course I want to pick up one goblin so I can use it to hit another goblin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/bal...er-an-art-form

Well this all sounds like excellent fun. Of course I want to pick up one goblin so I can use it to hit another goblin.
    Sounds like not out of early access til 2023 though, OOFT.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that delay is a bit disappointing but for Larian I'm prepared to wait.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Got some successful runs out of Vampire Survivors. I hadn't got past 14 minutes before but evolving weapons seems to make the first level a cakewalk. By the end, you can barely move for enemies but they're all dying so quickly. I didn't even know the boss was dead.
    Glad you enjoyed it mate. Its incredible.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still enjoying Shadowrun but it has some weirdness that is quite annoying and I feel like they ought to have thought of.

For example, you can't move items between your squad's inventory during missions and only the main character can pick stuff up, so if you find an item that'd be really handy for a squad member on that run - nae luck. Take it yourself or send it back to a stash. Odd. Walls (such as to the side of doorways) don't count as cover, which is a pain when trying to create chokepoints.

It also has XCOM-style lies about hit chance and just doesn't explain stuff very well.

For all that I am enjoying it and I'm hoping the odd difficulty spikes don't spoil it for me before I finish it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KOF XV out today.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to Fallout 4. I restarted and decided to sack the main story off to scavenge for ammo and sidequests. It's going better but I'm still waiting for a place to settle for vendors and stuff. I'm guessing that'll be Diamond City.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starlight Drive in is a good location if you're still in zone 1 as you get the general trader in Drumlin Diner and the chem dealer outside.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up Constructor Plus and Necromunda Hired Gun in the PSN sale today for under £20.

I also finished Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, solo campaign as Axton. Not sure I can be bothered mopping up side quests etc. Maybe I should try to finish the others now.
    Last edited by Lofty; 18-02-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody (probably Mahow) played Madden '22? See it's on Game Pass.

I think I asked this question last year about '21 and I recall it sounded like a no from me because the career / franchise stuff sounded a bit poo.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have but only the Ultimate Team mode.

I thought it was better than 21 but not by much. EA could do with losing the licence and/or having some actual competition.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given I found the Ultimate Team stuff in FIFA a right load of old shit should I therefore give this a miss then?

No proper franchise mode or anything like off've the old versions?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a proper franchise mode but I've never played it myself.

I've heard that it's a step in the right direction but still a bit shit though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it eventually happened. We wound with a code for Blackberry Honey (the sequel to the very sketchy visual novel that was definitely not about noncing). Well, all the characters are 19 in this one and they all have these bizarre tits that are completely unsupported. Like, the main character has to visibly struggle to hold them together with her arms. I count at least three characters with this debilitating problem.

Absurd.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this I hear about EA losing the Fifa license?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume that just means FIFA and EA are in the "expensive business lunches" stage.

There is, surely, zero chance EA give it up or that anybody outbids them.