User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 258 of 261 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,900 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You'd need to see the voter demographics and how many of the total population voted to know what impact Muslims had. Funny that we (the media) are even having this conversation though, aren't we all just British?
    I liked how him sending different letters to Muslim and non-Muslim voters was somehow underhand. The politics of the future, brought to you by the olden days.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an absolutely rubbish speech from a shite politician.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's he saying, doesn't even seem to be on BBC News home page.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only caught the last two minutes, but my first observation was what extremism is he talking about? He wasn't particularly clear.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's having a pop at 'extremists'. It's both crap, boring and also clearly an attempt to whip up tensions to make himself look more statesmanlike.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only caught the last two minutes, but my first observation was what extremism is he talking about? He wasn't particularly clear.
    He defined it as 'Islamists and the far right' earlier.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for giving small people a chance, but he's just a manlet with no authority, isn't he?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, I'm becoming increasingly concerned about Starmer. I know he doesn't particularly need to be specific on policies until he launches Labour's manifesto (given Tory ineptitude), but it's going to be a bag of absolute wank when he does, isn't it?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs to be a bag of wank because his electoral coalition is quite diverse (in every sense) and if he commits hard to one thing then he will delight some and infuriate others, which is the opposite of what he has to do to win. To win he needs status quo, steady as she goes - no red meat for the Tories, no more George Galloway related disasters, no more wacko candidates.

You'll see what he's really like when he's in office, and I imagine that will involve cosying back up to the EU.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point and given we're clearly utterly incapable of taking advantage of anything that FREEDOM from the EU might offer I wouldn't be adverse to that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunak of course needs the opposite - he needs bombs going off and George Galloway on every newsreel, which is why he's just done a statement calling him a twat live on the BBC.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He / they (the party, not his pronouns) are a mess. If you're going to go after the Muslamic RayGuns, then it's an attempt to whip up the far right, so why chuck muck at them too? Use a bit of brain power lad.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine casting yourself as protecting democracy from 'extremists' whilst doing exactly the opposite of what most of your own voters want.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manlet energy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, it seems like an overreaction to a Galloway win, too. A proper leader wouldn't give it the time of day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for giving small people a chance, but he's just a manlet with no authority, isn't he?
    He's a vapid, morally bankrupt cunt with as much substance as high school bog roll.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galloway responds.

He's box office and has bodybagged Sunak there.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving Reform free advice as well.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you haven't a referendum soon to allow every import to bring in everyone they every met.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "a figure in the successful #Brexit campaign"

He's such a self-serving prick. What's the record for most different constituencies represented? He must be having a good stab at it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's equalled it last night (4), joining another extremist hate figure, Winston Churchill.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Sky interview's crowd is a real sign of the times. People ain't taking it any more and not in the sinister "you can feel the anger" way the fucking virgin gimp is trying to paint it as which is most telling. Anger is no longer sufficient to reflect the depth of public disdain. Bring on the era of mockery

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominic Cummings has been saying for years that normal people don't care about 99% of Westminster shit, and that in order to be an effective party/government you have to simply ignore much of it and speak past these wankers (like Donald Trump did prior to his election). It's a very good illustration of it. 'The Prime Minister sez...' And? Whatever you think of Galloway, he knows what he thinks and why he thinks it, which I don't think many politicians do, so they can't answer straight questions and defend themselves beyond trying to say the 'appropriate' thing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say how much of an absolute loser do you have to be to be part of the Gorgeous George hype gang. Fair enough to the man himself, but all the nodding numpties in the background, christ, have some self-repsect.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galloway is a weird one for me, cus he's clearly a massive self-serving twat, and I'm pretty sure his own narcissism and hunger for power and relevance drives him far more than any kind of moral compass, especially these days. Plus I obviously have no time for his regressive social conservatism. Yet when he's on form, and has a decent target, he's a pretty awesome orator. He's like a more ridiculous Christopher Hitchens I suppose. Probably peaked with that US senate hearing. Quite happy to see him continuing to be an irritant to the political establishment, so long as he doesn't get any real power.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I was going to say how much of an absolute loser do you have to be to be part of the Gorgeous George hype gang. Fair enough to the man himself, but all the nodding numpties in the background, christ, have some self-repsect.
    I've said it on here before that my step mums brother is one of his luvvies. Weird Z list hanger on group of people.

Galloway says it like it is when it comes to saying it against the imperial west. He's got no issues denying Assad's war crimes or inviting convicted pedos on his TV shows (Scott Ritter).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Galloway is a weird one for me, cus he's clearly a massive self-serving twat, and I'm pretty sure his own narcissism and hunger for power and relevance drives him far more than any kind of moral compass, especially these days. Plus I obviously have no time for his regressive social conservatism. Yet when he's on form, and has a decent target, he's a pretty awesome orator. He's like a more ridiculous Christopher Hitchens I suppose. Probably peaked with that US senate hearing. Quite happy to see him continuing to be an irritant to the political establishment, so long as he doesn't get any real power.
    I often think this when his name comes up, and then I remember that was the mid-00s and he's been a complete asshat since then so I'm not sure it should count as any kind of modern day currency for him.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not solely political but an entertaining read.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ages-bills-tax

Yes, Lee, it very much is until we wake up as a collective.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68467359

Now he really is going too far.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alright, Keir can make her a Baroness or whatever if she doesn't get in as an MP.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a geezer.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    It's alright, Keir can make her a Baroness or whatever if she doesn't get in as an MP.
    Nah he won't. They'd be happy to get rid of her.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of her working class gobshite act crumbling in the face of seething freaks and Muslims wherever she goes.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Really not sure why the online left is going mental about Lee Anderson. He knows exactly what he is doing. I suppose they need him to be a basic thickie for their worldview to make any sense. Sunak also falling into the trap by suspending him. He'll stand for Reform in his own seat of Ashfield and may well have a puncher's chance at winning it - if not, he'll turn into a TV and online personality with a dedicated band of fans, which is all you need to make a decent living.
    Defection incoming today, lol at Sunak.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny, but if Starmer drops a disasterclass during Labour's stint, then there's a chance we could actually see that mob start attracting votes in 2029 or whenever the next election would be.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'll do pretty well in some areas this time. Maybe 8-10% of the total vote and could be in play in about 5-6 seats.

That said, I don't think Farage is an electoral asset at all, guy just doesn't win ever and is the wrong vibe entirely for their voter base. So they'll do well to swerve him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    It's funny, but if Starmer drops a disasterclass during Labour's stint, then there's a chance we could actually see that mob start attracting votes in 2029 or whenever the next election would be.
    Not as long as we have FPTP. These fringe parties are just background noise, which is a good thing if they're noisy enough to whip the proper parties into shape. The Tory complacency started their downward spiral.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    This kind of thing always comes out when someone defects though and it never happens. The Tories have really tried hard to fritter away the massive majority they had at the start of this parliament though. Down from 80 to what 53? If he then lost another 10 on top of that you'd have to think he would be toast.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conference Anderson and the party leader have just had was stonking. The gammonati have been awakened, once they leave the Tories, who tf is left?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most immovable Tory voters are the people in the shires aged 50-70 who have a bit of (but not too much) money, shop for food at Marks & Spencer, read the Daily Mail because they're a bit too thick for the Telegraph, and think that the youth buy too many takeaway coffees which is why they can't afford a house. Those guys will be the final 5% of the Conservative vote once the rest of us are eagerly goose-stepping down our local high street.

Reform won't ever attract them as they'll be seen as for working class scum.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 11-03-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever good ideas might be buried in their manifesto, as long as Reform are talking to themselves on GB News, recruiting losers like Lee Anderson and their Rochdale candidate (even Nigel Farage to an extent), and talking about 'Starmergeddon' then they are a waste of space. The only way anything is going to replace the Conservative Party is if a Trump-like candidate could repeat the referendum campaign, which, in a general election context, essentially means shit-talking your way into the debates and asking the other two why they think foreign rapists should receive indefinite food and shelter courtesy of the Great British taxpayer. Ironically, prime (imaginary version of) Boris Johnson would have been the ideal vehicle for this, but yeah.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Labour party will replace the Conservative party. There is literally no reason for a conservative party to exist in the current housing situation.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Conservative Party is the Labour Party, who also won't build enough houses.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't, but the people who don't own houses and therefore need more public services will all vote for them en masse. If Starmer tries to Stanley Baldwin / Harold Wilson his way through ten years of nothing, then eventually a more plausible Corbyn will do him from the inside and that is when the houses will get built.

The right will have to rebuild from Ed West's basement.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more Rishi and his poor poor family get dragged through the mud the more I wonder what on earth would possess you, as a minted hedge-fund arsehole, who's married the daughter of a billionaire, to get involved in public life in the UK? He doesn't even strike me as having the sort of Eton-derived god complex that most of the modern toff tory leaders have had. Fair enough if you're some subpar workaday jobber like John Major, worm your way up the greasy pole, but when you've got it all on a plate [like some guy from the top estate] just why would you bother tanking the rest of your life?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He absolutely definitely does think he's brilliant.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but more in a look how much money I've got/how clever I am sort of way rather than the born to rule mindset the likes of Cameron and Johnson have had imbued into them from birth.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overcompensating for being a manlet.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He and Gordon Brown are very similar, not in their opinions perhaps but in the fact that they're in the wrong job as PM. Intellectually strong and absolutely terrible at politics. Gordon should have been a university professor and Rishi should be a wanky tech bro.