Page 455 of 581 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 22,701 to 22,750 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    You can't start using lockdown as a tool to clear NHS backlogs. If you start handing over the keys of liberty to doctors (the most cautious people in the universe) when there isn't a clear and present pandemic spread threat, that's when heads will truly have fucking gone.
    I don't think anyone means that (well, there will be people that do, but I don't), rather that the NHS being an absolute shitshow at the moment doesn't leave much room for mountains of Covid patients and I can't see the "We're running out of beds and oxygen!" headlines being far away.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a dodgy throat this morning. Nothing major but can't think what it could be beside the Tendulkar variant.

Did my first test (lateral flow) a couple days go just for the bants as missus was doing them daily and had them lying around and it fucked up my throat for the rest of the day, I can imagine deepthroating cocksuckers will be used to it but fuck doing them again.

Amazed to hear so many people are using the NHS app too. Madness at every turn you look.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I don't think anyone means that (well, there will be people that do, but I don't), rather that the NHS being an absolute shitshow at the moment doesn't leave much room for mountains of Covid patients and I can't see the "We're running out of beds and oxygen!" headlines being far away.
    Indeed. There have already been some "I can't believe we're here again" headlines.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    625mg of antibiotics 3 times a day for a week. Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't start using lockdown as a tool to clear NHS backlogs. If you start handing over the keys of liberty to doctors (the most cautious people in the universe) when there isn't a clear and present pandemic spread threat, that's when heads will truly have fucking gone.
    Heads have gone Jim. A long time ago.

There may be a lost in translation thing here from their school, but a guy in my team (who isn't a shirker) has just been told he needs to go and pick his daughter up and get her a PCR test as a teacher has it, but even if that test comes back as negative tomorrow, she's still not allowed back in school for 10 days (or 'until September' as it's otherwise known at this point in the year).

Up to this point I'd have thought it was weak leadership and SCIENCE being given far too much say on what we do, but if we go back into lockdown again this year, that's our lives changed for the foreseeable future by this, rest of the decade stuff I should imagine, maybe even longer when it comes to foreign holidays. So one does have to start to wonder, do the establishment want it to be this way?

The World outlook is even worse, with more deaths now globally than at any point per day up until November last year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    625mg of antibiotics 3 times a day for a week. Fucking hell.
    Feeling any better?

Maybe now isn't the time, but please tell me this experience has changed your views on 'Novid'?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll take alot more than nearly dying to hoodwink him into buying the Scamdemic of Fauxvid.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it child like? It's a pathetic rule, but it's one we have to follow if we want any semblance of a normal life.

I want a normal life. I also don't want to have to isolate for 10 days when I have both had Covid and the vaccine.

So I take a photo and pretend it's the app. Why not? What is to be gained by refusing to get the app and storming off in a huff? The geezer on the door doesn't make the rules.

Also, isn't trying to go to the pub without the app, then walking away when you can't get in the exact same thing? You were still hoping to avoid getting tracked.
    I don't mean to come across as casting shade, sorry if I did, as I do get that for me the isolating part of this has been a piece of piss for me so far - I live on my own, can work from home and have no family or small children to entertain and I've never been asked to isolate despite living as normal a life as possible when allowed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Yev simmering along nicely.
    I'm minded of a post last year where people thought my assessment of this was batshit. Well, 18 months on, how's everyone feeling now? This has truly broken the World we were all lucky enough to live in compared to billions of others (or made it even better for a select few who want to keep it that way) and it's not even as deadly as it could have turned out to be.

If an actually deadly pandemic is ever accidentally released from a lab, run for the hills. It'll be game over.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the lack of threat that's the main problem. People wouldn't be fucking about if Ebola was on the move. You wouldn't hear people talking about not being in a risk group. You wouldn't even need lockdown rules, every cunt would be at home.

I genuinely think an Ebola Pandemic would kill much, much less than this has.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I have a dodgy throat this morning. Nothing major but can't think what it could be beside the Tendulkar variant.

Did my first test (lateral flow) a couple days go just for the bants as missus was doing them daily and had them lying around and it fucked up my throat for the rest of the day, I can imagine deepthroating cocksuckers will be used to it but fuck doing them again.

Amazed to hear so many people are using the NHS app too. Madness at every turn you look.
    There are two NHS apps though, I have the one which captures your vaccine info, I don't have the test and trace. Speaking of which, from popbitch:

>> Ping FC <<
    It's one way round it

It's not just staff at Rupert Murdoch's papers who have been having a tricky time with self-isolation recently. The radio stations at the Baby Shard are having a bit of difficulty too, especially the TalkSport set.

Juggling their work commitments (attending Euros fixtures in London and Rome) with all the various quarantine restrictions currently in place was always going to be hard. A number of senior management got pinged after England v Germany, requiring 10 days of self-isolation (which would have seen them out of action for the quarter- and semi-finals).

When another reporter tested positive after England v Ukraine (which could have put other staff in jeopardy of missing the big final) it was decided they needed to take some better precautions.

Specifically: deleting the NHS app, so they wouldn't get pinged anymore.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a fair argument (if we're talking about a mutated airborne Ebola), but not sure how that would offset societal collapse (looting etc.) when 'we' realised it was on its way.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    There are two NHS apps though, I have the one which captures your vaccine info, I don't have the test and trace. Speaking of which, from popbitch:

>> Ping FC <<
    It's one way round it

It's not just staff at Rupert Murdoch's papers who have been having a tricky time with self-isolation recently. The radio stations at the Baby Shard are having a bit of difficulty too, especially the TalkSport set.

Juggling their work commitments (attending Euros fixtures in London and Rome) with all the various quarantine restrictions currently in place was always going to be hard. A number of senior management got pinged after England v Germany, requiring 10 days of self-isolation (which would have seen them out of action for the quarter- and semi-finals).

When another reporter tested positive after England v Ukraine (which could have put other staff in jeopardy of missing the big final) it was decided they needed to take some better precautions.

Specifically: deleting the NHS app, so they wouldn't get pinged anymore.
    Quite brilliant. And as I've said for months now anyone who thinks test and trace (for something only as serious as this) could ever work in the Western World is delusional.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That is a fair argument (if we're talking about a mutated airborne Ebola), but not sure how that would offset societal collapse (looting etc.) when 'we' realised it was on its way.
    Yeah, I think it would start much the same way as Covid did (mass Toilet Roll and Pasta riots), then the doors would shut until everyone stopped dying.

That said, people are idiots, so who knows. You'd probably still get the Conspiracy lot keeping it going.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling any better?

Maybe now isn't the time, but please tell me this experience has changed your views on 'Novid'?
    Not really.

And no, plandemic.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Not really.

And no, plandemic.
    I hesitate to ask, but 'plandemic'?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the NHS app running on my phone since it was first released and haven't been pinged once despite going in and out of 5-10 houses/suppliers everyday. I'd get more or less ull pay and two weeks off work so no down side to not having it really.

Sucks if you work from home and have to isolate though, that must be super depressing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just ventured onto BBC News for the first time today. Wish I hadn't..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57840825

Younger adults admitted to hospital with Covid are almost as likely to suffer from complications as those over 50 years old, a study has found.

Four in 10 of those between 19 and 49 developed problems with their kidneys, lungs or other organs while treated.

The research looked at 73,197 adults of all ages across 302 UK hospitals in the first wave of Covid in 2020.

"The message is that this is not just a disease of the elderly and frail," said Prof Calum Semple, who led the work.

"The data reinforces the fact that Covid is not flu and we are seeing even young adults coming into hospital suffering significant complications, some of which will require furthering monitoring and potentially further treatment in the future."
    This is going to end the NHS.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hesitate to ask, but 'plandemic'?
    He thinks it's fake despite having it now and nearly dying. He's got brain fog.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just ventured onto BBC News for the first time today. Wish I hadn't..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57840825

This is going to end the NHS.
    I saw this yesterday (and I know no more about it than the content of the tweet)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    He thinks it's fake despite having it now and nearly dying. He's got brain fog.
    I think that's SCAMdemic. I take PLANdemic to mean "It's real but they're doing it on purpose".

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And are people still following the self-isolation rules?
    New figures from the Office for National Statistics suggest that 89% of people do "fully adhere" to what they are asked to do when they have to self-isolate.

The ONS interviewed 990 people in England between 28 June and 3 July and say the 89% who said yes is similar to the levels they found when they asked the same question one month and two months earlier.
    Someone needs to review how they chose those 990 people.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this yesterday (and I know no more about it than the content of the tweet)

Lol wut. How has this not broke in the news?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol wut. How has this not broke in the news?
    Fuck knows. I saw it but was too busy to dig deeper.

I suspect there's some spin being applied by Jon, but no idea.

I can't find anything on any mainstream platform, but did find this:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...econd-reading/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to review how they chose those 990 people.
    I've been on the ONS survey since last summer, I presume it's the same one. We got a letter through the mailbox inviting us. Once a month someone comes to my house and takes swabs, bloods and does a questionnaire. There is some info on how the sampling process here. No idea why they're quoting such a small sample here though.

I would imagine the type of person who signs up to such a thing (though there is free money involved) is the type of person who follows isolation rules.

There's probably a decent bit of shame involved in telling the pleasant nurse at your doorstep that you've been committing such a heinous crime in 2021.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my second Pfizer shot on Weds. Much less worse in-terms of reaction this time but still kinda killed me for a day. Feeling fine now and looking forwards to being back to relatively normal in a couple of weeks

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a timetable for NHS privatisation.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Sydney is in lockdown.

.Caitlyn Jenner flies into Sydney for Celebrity Big Brother while thousands of Aussies remain stranded
    https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...106f34d22e7085

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ld-experts-say

Deepti is our hero, Deepti is our hero, na na na na...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A threat to the world

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vaccine resistant variant would be a right laugh.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 'could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop' thing is absolute bullshit and always has been.

We 'could' be hit by an asteroid tomorrow.

Deepti is driven by a very strange motivation to close schools and keep them closed, it's all she's prattled on about for months now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above though, it does suggest some people like things this way. I would love to be on a call with the 1,200.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And SCIENCE is still absolutely fine of course.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 'could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop' thing is absolute bullshit and always has been.
    Well it's not. You're much more likely to get mutations if there are a massively higher number of infected people, whether those people are significantly unwell or not.

I'm not arguing about which way (opening up or not) is right at this point, but you're definitely opening yourself up to so-called variants by allowing the virus to spread more.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vaccine resistant variant would be a right laugh.
    This. Truly would love to see it. Separate the melts from the men. It's our responsibility to get out there into the clubs and do our part from this Monday.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you’re Taz, but why would anyone ‘love to see’ a variant that wastes billions of pounds worth of vaccine development and rollout and will inevitably cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of lives?
    @Don

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Well it's not. You're much more likely to get mutations if there are a massively higher number of infected people, whether those people are significantly unwell or not.

I'm not arguing about which way (opening up or not) is right at this point, but you're definitely opening yourself up to so-called variants by allowing the virus to spread more.
    The asteroid line should tell you he's not saying it can't happen. He's saying you can't live life in fear of what MIGHT happen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I know you’re Taz, but why would anyone ‘love to see’ a variant that wastes billions of pounds worth of vaccine development and rollout and will inevitably cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of lives?
    @Don
    We all love a shambles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that ever happens it'll be comfortably the worst collective moment in all of our lifetimes.

I don't think it will, but at this point, I'm not ruling anything out.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Don
    Same reason we all loved the Boston Bombing and Roaul Moat

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The asteroid line should tell you he's not saying it can't happen. He's saying you can't live life in fear of what MIGHT happen.
    Everyone lives in fear of, and adapts their behaviour based on, what might happen. He is just perceiving the risk of opening up resulting in a dangerous variant as "being hit by an asteroid" low, when in reality he has literally zero idea how likely it is or how much opening up will increase that likelihood (and yet feels qualified to tell the people whose jobs it is to evaluate such things that they are talking bullshit).

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Don
    A thirst for anarchy as Spikey points out but also prospect of accelerated revolution.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A revolution? We've never been further from one than we are now. Apathy is our best friend.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A revolution in thinking if nothing else. If the vaccine was to be defeated by a new strain, I don't believe people would allow another 16 months like we've just had and I'm not sure the economic systems could even cope. Apathy is also why I am willing this on, I'm not sure how much longer football can hold my attention in this world.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vaccine-resistant strain is more likely to develop here than, say, the largely open United States because we have Boris Johnson and Brexit. I think that is about the extent of the thinking there, and then all the other scientists will have just signed it as a general statement.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    A thirst for anarchy as Spikey points out but also prospect of accelerated revolution.
    What revolution? I’m not taking the piss or anything, just curious.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Same reason we all loved the Boston Bombing and Roaul Moat
    One-off incidents aren’t even remotely comparable to the anarchy of a completely vaccine-resistant variant.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Everyone lives in fear of, and adapts their behaviour based on, what might happen. He is just perceiving the risk of opening up resulting in a dangerous variant as "being hit by an asteroid" low, when in reality he has literally zero idea how likely it is or how much opening up will increase that likelihood (and yet feels qualified to tell the people whose jobs it is to evaluate such things that they are talking bullshit).
    Flu or any other illness could mutate at any time. We don't lockdown on that basis. We lockdown in response to actual events.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What revolution? I’m not taking the piss or anything, just curious.
    Don't ask me for details man. All I know is, politically and economically, this same response is not likely to be feasible. Thinking will have to change regarding all manner of things including health systems, UBI, recreation, schooling, etc.