User Tag List

View Poll Results: Last chance to predict it right: Who's winning?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Italy

3 25.00%
  • Spain

0 0%
  • IT'S COMING HOME! FOR REAL THIS TIME!

8 66.67%
  • Denmark

0 0%
  • Anyone but England

0 0%
  • Who cares, it's ITK season, baby!

1 8.33%
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1313

Thread: July: The end of the Euros and.... friendlies?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fajitas over tacos for me Clive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mexican is alright, but it suffers due to it's fascination with avocado, which is terrible.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fajita is a word made up to sell those meal kits to people who can't cook.

It's all just fried stuff and paprika in a wrap.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Delia.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only imagine the monstrosities they sell as avocadoes over there.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I like about Taco Bell is that they don't even try to pretend that their food is good. They just lean on the nastiness of it. Still don't know who ever buys that shit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have vague recollections of getting a bean and cheese burrito in a Taco Bell somewhere deep within the American homeland for about 19c and thinking that this would probably be a reasonable (well, effective at least) way to survive homelessness/having no money.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've started going big on their UK presence. In similar vein I met a bunch of Delta variant cunts who seemed to think driving 45 mins from Harrow to MK is 'not too bad' for a Tim Hortons, also it gave them something to do during lockdown. May the next variant rid us of these disgusting cretins.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, if a taco is not ludicrously overfilled with juice eating through both layers of corn tortilla, is it even a real taco?

On that note, the definitive ranking of tacos goes something like this:

Barbacoa (borrego)
    al Pastor
    Suadero
    Lengua
    Everything else

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Mexican is alright, but it suffers due to it's fascination with avocado, which is terrible.
    wot

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bring this back to topic; Jurgen's either gone contacts or laser and having seen the pre-season pics of VVD, Konate and Gomez, I think we might just deliver on last season's aims of going the season without dropping a single point.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naby looking swole.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shawberto Carlos had a great Euros and season according to Man Utd. Cash in now to the highest bidder

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well run down the England squad performance-wise.

Jordanp Ickford: Shit distribution but pretty solid between the sticks. Not at fault for the goals we conceded although every time he lined a wall up, he looked in crisis mode. Top lad.
    A. Ron Ramsdale: Enjoyed training with a proper keeper, I'm sure.
    Sam Johns Tone: Also enjoyed his nice summer of watching England play.

Kylew Alker: Turns out his pace can be an asset. Not too many wobbles and had the legs to run for days. Have a prostitute.
    Lukes Haw: Linked up well with Sterling and proved a good supply line. Strangely dependable for someone who looks like a default PES squad member. He'd smash it at Inter.
    Johns Tones: Looks like he's wearing somebody else's hair. No clangers. Good.
    Harim Aquirre: I'm struggling to make these work. He did pretty well and proved a threat at set-pieces. Always had a look of terror on his face.
    Keirant Rippier: Good assist for Shaw but wasn't as prominent and I'd liked. We're a side that needs a proper free-kick taker and nobody's really at that level. Still, can't complain.
    Tyronem Ings: Seemed pretty good in the first couple of group games. I don't get the hate for him but then I don't watch him every week.
    Conorc Oady: Probably taught Tyrone everything he knows.
    Bench Ilwell: Okay, I like that one. Surprised he didn't get any minutes as one of our recognised left-backs.
    Ben White: I've got nothing. A surprise inclusion and he'd have to go some to get into our back two/three/five.
    Rhys-James: His appearance must have came and went. I'm a bit miffed both he and Chilwell got barely any time.

Dec: Land of Rice: Probably our weakest midfield link but the final lit a fire under him. Dragged the ball up the pitch and then Southgate switched him for someone who's only heard tales of the 18 yard box.
    Jacques Grealish: Somewhat mythologised but the crowd but Southgate didn't fancy him enough for more minutes. Underused but he loves to receive tackles and doesn't wear shin pads. An accident waiting to happen.
    Jordan Henderson: I'm just giving up on the names. Not going to change the game for you, to be honest. Took his goal well.
    Kalvin Phillips: We needed a midfield radge and he seemed to fit that bill. Scraps for it and it's a shame he could do more of that against Italy. Good job, pineapple head.
    Jadons Ancho: We needed to see more of him. Preferrably ahead of Saka on Sunday. It's a shame we had so much on the bench that didn't become more than bit-part players.
    Mason Mount: Definitely the odd one out in that front three. He's alright for Chelsea but hasn't quite figured it out for England.
    Philf Oden: Really gave us some good stuff against the Croats. If you wanted to change the dynamic of the midfield (say, drop out Rice or Kalvin for someone more forward thinking), he'd be your lad.
    Bukayako Saka: Good against the Czechs but the Italians looked wise to it. I don't think his physical game's there but he's only a bairn.
    Jude Bellingham: He'll be more prominent in tournaments to come but, like Sancho, he looked hungry when he came on.

Harry Kane: Slow start but he does what he does well. Tracks back a lot which, on Sunday, could've given Sterling the change to bomb on, if it wasn't all hands on deck.
    Raheems Terling: Really stepped up. We joke about him not passing to Kane but, by the end of the tournament, they were looking more like a front two. His reaction to putting Muller through will stay with me until the dementia hits.
    Marcus Rashford: How can I be disappointed by someone I don't quite rate? UEFA.com says he played 5 matches but I barely remember any of it.
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin: 2 appearances? Were they somehow both against Scotland?

Gareth Southgate: I can't say much that hasn't been covered. Has a good rapport with the squad and sets them up well defensively. Shame he wasn't braver. Mancini was fuming in that first half. He changed it and you better believe he gave the squad the riot act. Gareth doesn't have that in him. He should find it. All that pace on the bench and it seemed squandered in the name of organisation and shape. Still, he's taken us places that were unthinkable a decade ago and he's still young. Not that he's doing much after this job.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are doing Arsenal things against Hibs to cheer the nation up. Bless them.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: The Times report that Newcastle have contacted Arsenal with a proposal to take Willock on another season-long loan. The 21 year-old is reportedly under contract at the Emirates until 2023.
    That would be lovely. We're playing Steve Watson's York at the weekend. And Harrogate. I assume that means two separate teams but they're all based in the same camp. They're probably playing the games on adjacent pitches.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at Lukaku and Hojberg (wtf?) making it into the official UEFA team of the tournament.

Shaw overlooked as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swindon had to cancel their upcoming friendly against Swansea because we've only got a handful of first team players, no manager and no one at the club is getting paid. Desperately hoping to avoid dropping into non-League this season.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    lol at Lukaku and Hojberg (wtf?) making it into the official UEFA team of the tournament.

Shaw overlooked as well.
    Harsh leaving Rashford out now he's dead as well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spinazzola was brilliant though and it looks like they've tried to make an actual team rather than lump the 4 best defenders in.

Omitting both of the top goalscorers was strange.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka getting accolades for England is so weird. Feels like we haven’t had a England stalwart since Seaman.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashley Cole probably counts.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Arsenal were beaten by mid table Hibs. Tranmere to the premier league @Baz

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Ashley Cole probably counts.
    I hated that England team and he didn't help.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter reckons Boris invited the England team to Downing Street and they’ve told him to do one, so they really are heroes.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's occurred to me we didn't even have a bus parade. I know it's hard to greenlight that with Covid but you'd think we'd have sneaked that through.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nation disgraced, team and country in political turmoil and Marcus Rashford passing away and mans are talking about a 'bus parade' Keep it for when the BLM millionaires have defeated racism.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turning down an invitation from the national government on spurious politic grounds seems a bit short-sighted (if true, but then lol at having a reception for runners up). All the questions leading into the next World Cup write themselves, and Southgate is probably drafting an open letter about 'being mindful of local sensitivities' as we speak.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt they were going to invite them for coming second but I can appreciate why you might tell them to do one either way.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Turning down an invitation from the national government on spurious politic grounds seems a bit short-sighted (if true, but then lol at having a reception for runners up). All the questions leading into the next World Cup write themselves, and Southgate is probably drafting an open letter about 'being mindful of local sensitivities' as we speak.
    lol.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your club threw its highest earner under the bus for criticising a genocide. But yes, lol at the notion of this being short-sighted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably any such declination (is that the word?) would be more on grounds of it being pointless and stupid to attend such a thing having lost or they'd rather be on holiday, but I guess you never know. Declining on political grounds just makes everyone look a bit daft.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your club threw its highest earner under the bus for criticising a genocide. But yes, lol at the notion of this being short-sighted.
    What happened?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    What happened?
    Ozil criticised Chinese concentration camps and Arsenal released a statement saying Mesut’s opinions are his own and we as a club disagree with the criticism and think the chinks deserve it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year after he could barely get on the bench, did that, and then went and endorsed a genocide less than 6 months later when it was against Armenians, somewhat underminding his point.

Arsenal got into, and haven't been relegated from, Division 1 because in 1919 they were owned by a property baron Tory. I've never taken my morale leanings from the football club.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely brainless. (Screenshot is from Portsmouth u18 group chat).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    A year after he could barely get on the bench, did that, and then went and endorsed a genocide less than 6 months later when it was against Armenians, somewhat underminding his point.

Arsenal got into, and haven't been relegated from, Division 1 because in 1919 they were owned by a property baron Tory. I've never taken my morale leanings from the football club.
    Well, yeah; but now the FA expects fans to take them from England whilst the entire roadshow relies on blood money. That is the problem. If they want to be political then they have to have standards, otherwise they're just dickheads like the actual politicians who don't.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post

Absolutely brainless. (Screenshot is from Portsmouth u18 group chat).
    Kids having banter in private whatsapp group chat. The horror.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    String them up and feed their entrails to starving children.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nephew and niece (11 & 9) are now on WhatsApp. I've explained to my sister that at best it's a gateway to anal fisting videos, but what can you do?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop sending them the videos?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ffs.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Emerson
    2. Seriously?

There needs to be a total moratorium on non-sport people being allowed to write about sport. What do they know of bullshit, who only bullshit know.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't that send the opposite message than the one I assume they would like to make?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All their potential people of colour are floating in their coastal waters.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I dunno what I thought was gonna go wrong there but "cut to the middle aged white dude" wasn't it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he has a black friend.