User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks & Shares & that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BP is up 10% for me today. Expecting tingz from NIO this week too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Gone £11 on AXGT because I had spare cash.
    Up 12.91% so far.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boys

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice COUV dip so I'll probably get back in tomorrow. Been watching Sundial Growers for a while and that's been making moves this week so waiting for a dip there too. Bring on the year of weed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've fucked Couv off for now. Their ZapGo acquisition is mid-month so I'll get back in next week. Hopefully it dips some more.

I went for a ride on ENG today and sold for $5.02 per share. Had some change on CLWD too which shot up 200% today. I sold at 140% but I only put a fiver on it as I couldn't see any reason for its movement and thought it was going to dump.

Still. What a day.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody going to short the likes of Facebook and Twitter today?

I bought ZOM on Friday opening after reading about a product release called truforma coming in March (that detects ailments in pets) and it's already up 100% in pre-market. Hopefully it'll be the next BNGO. There's probably plenty of opportunities to take profits and buy dips in the run up to March.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Placed a short on crude last night, but not planning anything else today.

Bit fucked off. Went to short Bitcoin over the weekend at 40k+. Couldn't trade as IG has changed its terms on crypto. Down 5k so far. Don't trade when I'm pissed off as a rule so will save it for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call on Twitter. You go for it? Chilled myself out and just made some decent dough on Dax and gold recoveries. Not Bitcoin short dough, the cunts, but decent.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, looking at the graphs now I would have got in at a shit time anyway since I would have had to sell some shares to free up funds. I'd have lost money at this point.

I was distracted by ZOM anyway. Got out at .95 (130% return) to secure profits and invest in SNDL as I think the weed bets are pretty safe, then bought back in at 0.84. It looks like it's got legs to keep running.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think you can go wrong with weed now the Democrat inauguration is on the horizon. Not my bag (wahey!), but good luck to you

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how the people sitting pretty up there hold onto their lunch. Obviously alot of it is recent buys (that have lost alot of money over the last week lol) but some of them have been holding for years. The market never closes. How do they sleep at night? I'd be a bag of nerves.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that this time it will carry on going up forever, ending boom and bust.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm big on gold today. Crypto, index strength, dollar strength and US bonds all dragging it down last week and start of this week. All of the above has reversed to some extent. Fear in the markets. Technically looks good too. Let's go.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has literally just popped as I typed that. Fucking full orgasm. Adding more size.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Key area for gold here. If it breaks below 60 take profits. Above 66 hold. I'm in from 48.

Crypto's recovery today as close to inevitable as you can get after a drop like that yesterday. Be interesting to see where it is end of the week. Still think it's too volatile to really take off, but haven't looked at it since the weekend (due to rage).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trading212 is awful for CFD. 0 positions left to go long on gold. Had the same yesterday for FUBO.

I've got my IG account set up so might start depositing in there from now on and slowly move over.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    212 has been shit recently in general. I swing traded PTE on Friday as they were presenting at a convention Monday morning. It was 13% up Monday morning, took 212 10 minutes to fulfil my sell order and I ended up 8% up. There was plenty of liquidity and it wasn't a huge position. Piss take.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, definitely not perfect although I've been fine mostly on the investing side. The thing that grates me most is the yanks being able to trade at all hours. Is there any platform that allows for that in the UK?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get access to the premarket, but you have to have the right bank account and there's weird fee's attached to it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IG spread betting lads. Same game basically. I've never had to wait for a fill and you can trade pre and post market on everything bar shares (although you can trade some big US firms out of hours).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the fees like on IG?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't buy gold now btw. Reaction to resistance not exactly filled me with confidence. If it drops below 60 I'm cashing in. May still go but not a good time for entry imo.

1850 would be a good price for a reload (23.6% Fibonacci). Hypothetically if it's weak off there just get out and let it die to 1800.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't fuck with commodities. I don't understand it enough. I will start buying gold once the Economy has starts recovering though. Easy money for the next crisis.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long term I'm not too sure. The weekly chart is weighing pretty heavily. I'm not really interested in that though. Get enough movement in between the lines and you could have five or six 100 pip swings in between. Think another visit to 1800 is on the cards before any serious push toward 2000, if it comes.

Bitcoin pretty much bag on 50% recovery from the drop now @ 35740. I wouldn't touch it there, but someone puts a gun to your head. Buy or sell?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy. Bitcoin still has plenty more to come and looks like it could hit 100k this year. I'd definitely pick Ethereum over it, though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I have no idea how the people sitting pretty up there hold onto their lunch. Obviously alot of it is recent buys (that have lost alot of money over the last week lol) but some of them have been holding for years. The market never closes. How do they sleep at night? I'd be a bag of nerves.
    The only 'intrinsic' value BTC has is there are some diehards who truly believe the world will kneel before it as the one true currency and they will arise as the ruling order billionaires to enslave us, and so will never sell.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor bastard.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck sake. Imagine.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you go to such lengths to encrypt something and then write the password down on a bit of paper?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely you could approach someone with a super computer and promise them $10 million or something to break the algorithm?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do(n't) want to show off @Jimmy Floyd @Mellberg but I have just learnt what both a Penant and flag are.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely you could approach someone with a super computer and promise them $10 million or something to break the algorithm?
    One of the selling points of the Bitcoin blockchain is that, unless you control a supercomputer that could effectively make up 50% + 1 of the computing power on the network, this is impossible to do. Unless you mean breaking the IronKey encryption (AES-256), which would be similarly impossible on a reasonable time scale, even on the fastest supercomputer in the world.

Anyways, all of this talk of people not being able to act as their own bank because they don't invest enough time and energy in protecting their assets runs counter to the core vision of bitcoin, doesn't it? My old pal Matt Levine likes to say that Bitcoin is about rediscovering financial history and its dominant market structures.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filth. Penants and triangles with an oscillator as back up = win

Do you use pivots and support/resistance?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Volume and RSI most useful but then I like swing trading penny stocks. I went on a run with CHUC over Monday and Tuesday. Bought at $0.00481 sold at 0.017.

It's easy money. There's loads of Penny Stock groups on Facebook, follow them and they're all hyping this stuff thinking they've found the next Tesla. You just ride it up and get out before it inevitably dumps. It's as simple as watching the volume.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Volume and RSI most useful but then I like swing trading penny stocks.
    You're one of them now, son. One of them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's surprisingly simple once you get the lingo. I feel like the jargon is only there to make it seem pointless trying for ordinary people.

Long and short are the prime examples of that. Just say buy and sell for fuck sake.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Why would you go to such lengths to encrypt something and then write the password down on a bit of paper?
    Well at the time he didn’t know it would end up worth anything, let alone $220m.

Jesus.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Well at the time he didn’t know it would end up worth anything, let alone $220m.

Jesus.
    What I meant is isn't it a bit counter-intuitive to take steps towards password protecting something in a highly secure way only to then completely undermine that by writing the password down in a list of passwords for the hunters to find when you're on the run?

I'm sure I had a TC wallet once upon a time, although I don't think there was much in it. Who knows though. It's probably worth ten grand today.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Volume and RSI most useful but then I like swing trading penny stocks. I went on a run with CHUC over Monday and Tuesday. Bought at $0.00481 sold at 0.017.

It's easy money. There's loads of Penny Stock groups on Facebook, follow them and they're all hyping this stuff thinking they've found the next Tesla. You just ride it up and get out before it inevitably dumps. It's as simple as watching the volume.
    This is what I've been doing recently too but with Reddit. I think TLSS will have a good swing before Friday.

Which Facebook groups are you in?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just every penny stock one I can find. It's a bit sad, post after post from people holding red stocks with everyone telling them to hold on. They truly believe they're onto something when they could have sold a week earlier for a decent profit. But if you try to encourage selling you get accused of panic selling and they all lol at you as their £100 quickly becomes £20.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you can definitely ride the wave more times than not and skim off a lot of profit. People end up trading with far too much emotion.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got sucked in with ALPP and ended up losing some money, but I only needed teaching once. Even if ALPP does go on to do good things (which I think it will) a 1000% growth in 1 week is going to correct the shit out of its self. Sell. Buy again when it's done. But most of it is just hyped up shite.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a little video of a good strategy I use because I'm fucking lovely.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejga1f1y3w...28.LS.mp4?dl=0

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will give it a watch tonight. Cheers.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No probs. Obviously not one for penny stocks. Only markets with tight spreads and liquidity (Dax morning session, Nasdaq afternoon/evening, gold any time).

Open to doing more if people find it useful.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would theorise if mr frisbee on the roof manages to retrieve his $220m frisbee and cashes it out (because why wouldn't you) not only would it end up being worth less than $220m by the time he finished selling but the market would crater.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google says there are 18 million Bitcoins in existence at the moment. They're currently $25,000 each.

$450,000,000,000