Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Wrexham - Season 2023/2024

League

A mid season slump probably cost us a chance of sneaking into the playoffs but losing 17 games over the course of the season suggests we'd have got rinsed in the Premier League anyway. I put this down to the number of new arrivals and I can't see the upcoming season being any different. It was nice not to lose to Arsenal as we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 at the Emirates but I'm still bewildered how they managed to find themselves in this division. Sign of things to come? Beware if Patrick Vieira replaces Arteta, I say. Other managerial change I clocked was Steven Gerrard is now WBA manager but he did win the SPL....

FA Cup

We drew at The Racecourse which was nice but Tottenham put an end to our run in the replay. Nothing more than we expected tbh.

EFL Cup

Not much different here either tbh but losing to Wigan was a little bit gutting given they are quite crap.

Transfers In

We made whole sale changes but scouting was an issue and quite a few I'd suggest were quite crap and if not for the loaned players, we'd have been in a whole world of trouble. I want to try move away from that for next season and since we have nearly £10M we can spend (mostly due to the sale of Rhys Plant), I reckon we've got more scope for some higher quality arrivals.

We probably wouldn't have finished in the clubs highest ever position since the 1970's too had it not been for Josh Thomas. Now a Welsh international. 34 goals in 50 appearances but he was out on his own in that regard.

Squad

Next Season

I never got around to doing a full squad update so maybe that'll come as I expect huge changes throughout as I want to go up to the promised land.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good read, Smiffy. Keep it up.

I will one day post an update for my FM11 career. Especially as I've bought a new laptop.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Got touch and currently putting my logo and face packs back on the ipad. Curiously it seems despite increasing the league limit in other versions and bringing in dynamics on mobile they have fucked that off for Touch
    How are you finding touch, @Lofty? I do prefer the speed of that compared to the full version with it's constant clicking of bollocks so I might move over again as I enjoyed the last one. I could rattle out seasons.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Smjffy

Billy Sass Davies playing in the Prem? He is usually decent for my Crewe games but never that good.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @Smjffy

Billy Sass Davies playing in the Prem? He is usually decent for my Crewe games but never that good.
    We didn't get promoted so he's still in Championship.

Toggle Spoiler

He might not even get the chance regardless as I'm tempted to switch to Touch. I just tested it out and it's much faster than this full version and I don't faff around with most the features.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks about where he normally gets to. Solid if unspectacular!

Thinking about starting again with Wrexham?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palermo I'm thinking They are in the bottom division in Italy and if I'm right I'll be able to sign foreign players as I please without Brexit, right? I've spotted a few during this save with Wrexham but I've been unable to sign them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    How are you finding touch, @Lofty? I do prefer the speed of that compared to the full version with it's constant clicking of bollocks so I might move over again as I enjoyed the last one. I could rattle out seasons.
    Haha at the rate you go you'd get your money's worth. It's a slight upgrade this year, seems a little faster and the match engine is better, otherwise not much on 20.

Started my traditional first save as Arsenal. Just got to December using the same squad Arteta has and I'm 3rd in the league. #ArtetaOut

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at Crewe and managed to get 37yr old Yaya Toure on board (realism) on about $3,200 per week. He had a decent season (30-2-12) but I was also looking forward to getting him off the books...
    End of the season and I get a message that his wages have increased to $5,300 due to 'match highest earner' (whatevs, he's leaving soon), I then click on his contract to see which day exactly he is leaving... I signed a 37yr old Yaya Toure to a 3 year contract by mistake

Those physical attributes sinking

Almost a $1m on this fucking waster. Expect to see a few 1's and 2's in his stats before he leaves. Tried and failed to offload him. Can only hope retires.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a birthday cake actually a contractual thing? The Yaya clause?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creative license. He'd better fucking retire.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you beauty...

What... wait, what...

Absolute stonking cunts.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you get to have some more cake

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flintshire FC have gained access to the Vanarama National North at the expense of Alfreton Town. No players so I'm going to draft in a squad of the greyed out under 18's to get the ball rolling and then it's onwards and upwards.

EDIT: Lasted less than 6 months. We were getting battered each week so I'm going to go a different route and start again but with a sugar daddy.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 05-12-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get rid of De Gea so I'm stuck paying £570k a week on goalkeepers

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and son away for the weekend. Think I'm gonna buy this.

Where's the best place?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz (I think) posted a (probably affiliate) link a couple of weeks back. That was the cheapest then, anyway.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally find cdkeys cheapest.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    ShopTo is cheaper
    Turns out it's not a link, but check there and CDKeys.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dickhead
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought the editor for FM21 full version but any idea where it actually is? I want to give Wrexham a sugar daddy and just go mental but I can't find it, it's not in the steam and it didn't seem to download anything but the £4 has definitely gone out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought the editor for FM21 full version but any idea where it actually is? I want to give Wrexham a sugar daddy and just go mental but I can't find it, it's not in the steam and it didn't seem to download anything but the £4 has definitely gone out.
    Go to your steam library. On the top of the list of games, there's a drop-down menu which will be set to "Games". Click it and tick tools as well. Then the editor will appear directly below the game in the list.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. I've found it. Thanks.

EDIT: It would appear that that's the pregame editor one, I bought the in-game one. Or am I completely missing something here?
    Last edited by Smjffy; 06-12-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pre game editor is free. The in game editor is what you have paid for. When playing the game there's a little '/' near the setting button. That's it.

Last edited by John Arne; 06-12-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: It would appear that that's the pregame editor one, I bought the in-game one. Or am I completely missing something here?
    Booooooooooo!!!!!!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    The pre game editor is free. The in game editor is what you have paid for. When playing the game there's a little '/' near the setting button. That's it.

That is some of the worst UI design I think I've ever seen

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    That is some of the worst UI design I think I've ever seen
    Yup. I just grabbed the image off Google. I immediately download a dark, less retina destroying skin.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry should've been obvious you meant the in game one when you said you'd bought it.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Booooooooooo!!!!!!
    Never fear. It's not what I was hoping for. I wanted to stick those two celebs as the new owners and see if I could switch off the Brexit thing but alas, you can't do either.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previous season (taken from the FM 2020 thread)

Toggle Spoiler

Shout if you do not want my vintage game in your FM 2021 thread. Otherwise...

Parma - Season 2066/67

The aim was to improve on the previous season, wining Serie A again and go far in the Champions League.

Turns out we had a very good domestic season again, topping the 100 points total and my superstar striker topping the goal scorer charts.

Won the Italian Cup, beating AC Milan 1-0 in the Final

You'll see from above PSV stopped our crusade in Europe at the semi final stage.

Overall a decent season and my players dominated the awards. Bit weird that i had the top 2 GKs.

I'm a few seasons ahead so shall post another one shortly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First season as Arsenal FM21 Touch: I only signed one player, Arezo, amd sold Mustafi in January having not signed or sold anyone in the summer. Finished 6th and potless, got to the Europa League final against Lille and conspired to cough up a 94th minute equaliser then Xhaka missed the decisive penalty forcing it to sudden death.

I've been given a hundred million quid and a stern reprimand to improve things, had a couple of 'bad result could be a sacking' news items at the end of the season. Looking to sell Lacazette, Kolasinac, Xhaka and let Özil and Luiz leave on a free to hopefully bring in two or three top quality players and bring the rest of the young guns through around them.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oxford City - 2020/21

It was a busy summer for The Hoops as wholesale changes were made right off the bat and twenty-one new arrivals moved to the club. In part this was due to a wafer thin squad but the goal was to go up at the first time of asking and for much of the season that looked as though it would be via the playoffs given Havant & Waterlooville's storming start to the season but a spectacular bottle job in May put ourselves and Maidstone United right in it with Havant taking just two points from their final six league games, defeated by ourselves and then Maidstone on the final day causing them to finish 3rd. Maidstone went into that game knowing that if they were to claim top spot then they would need to beat the former long time leaders and hope that 4th placed Welling United caused an upset at Court Place Farm, our ground. That didn't occur and up we went, surprisingly so did Ebbsfleet United who were perhaps the worst of all the promotion contenders.

Goals were easy to come by and we rattled in more than our fair share. James Roberts and Harvey Bradbury being the main two but a decent spread throughout the squad meant we weren't lacking in that department.

Our fortune in the domestic cups was what it was. Torquay United knocking us out of the FA Cup in the fourth qualifying round meant any chance of some money spinning ties was put on hold and though we reached the quarter finals of the FA Trophy, our 3-2 defeat to Brackley was disappointing given we were in full flow back in February.

Our squad did all it needed to do as the sole goal was to move up a division but we have plenty of work to do in the summer once again given most the new arrivals were on twelve month contracts. I'm hoping to snap up the released Premier League/Championship players as is the norm.

*I tried on the last version to make Oxford City the most dominant side in the world beating all records like the total Premier League wins, Champions League wins and if any remember my efforts there, we didn't do too badly.

Unfortunately it is going to be on touch because quite frankly I don't have the time to rattle out seasons on the full version and found most of my time was spent just faffing around with things I have no interest in.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone tried this on Xbox

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to Bruh, does anyone play the Touch version on the Switch? I'm tempted to buy it but I've read the controls are a bit annoying.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had it last year and it was fine. Bit fiddly but not bad overall. Did a game with Milan that went on a few seasons that I enjoyed

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate FM Touch. It feels every bit like the mobile phone app it is (unless it has improved hugely since FM19's version).

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I had it last year and it was fine. Bit fiddly but not bad overall. Did a game with Milan that went on a few seasons that I enjoyed
    Cheers. Might get it then.
    I hate FM Touch. It feels every bit like the mobile phone app it is (unless it has improved hugely since FM19's version).
    Have you played FM Mobile? There's definitely more depth to Touch than it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played all 3 and Touch felt a lot closer to Mobile than to the proper version to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.5 star potential, 48 goals in 37 games for the u18s.

Finishing of 7 and composure of 8.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought FM, first one since 14 and I completely forgot how fucking hard this game is. Took over Palermo in Serie C and got 2 wins to start off, before going 9 games without a win and running (scoring about 5 goals in the process). Somehow the board are “pleased” with my performance so it’ll be a while before I’m put out of my misery

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2067/68

After my successful exploits at Parma, the Ayr Utd job became available again in the summer of 2067. They finished mid season and seemed to had sold all of the decent youngsters i have previously acquired. I had unfinished business in Scotland with Ayr from my previous stint so i resigned at Parma and took the job at Ayr.

Transfers:

I bought and sold a few in preseason. The top 3 free transfers are youngsters who weren't going to make it at my previous Parma team; i made them redundant on my last day. I would show you screenshots of the transfers, but I'm a few season past here currently.

League:

Having managed to off load a few of the shit that the previous fella bought in, we had a decent season, but again Hearts were the dominant force as per usual. My 9,000 stadium being no match for their 50,000+ stadium income.

Cups:

I did manage to get one over Hearts in the League Cup final. Didn't deserve it, but we'll take it.

Awards:

The only award my players received was the Young Player of The Year award.

Aim for next season is to improve the squad, try and finally get a stadium expansion to improve finances and finish higher in the league.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played all 3 and Touch felt a lot closer to Mobile than to the proper version to me.
    Mobile is a paddling pool (and pretty easy), Touch is a swimming pool and PC is the ocean.

The minor update for touch has apparently binned all my facepack and logos

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got sacked by Palermo after a dozen or so games, so I started a new save with Feyenoord, whom I like because their badge is just a big “F”.

First season went okay, finished 4th. Made a lot of cheap investments over the following summer so I ended up with a bloated squad and managed to draw the first four league games of the season. Tried to get rid of some squad players so I offered a few out. For some reason the entire squad took grievous offense to my attempt at offloading some bit-part attacking midfielder who apparently wasn’t part of any social group to begin with. I go into the team meeting, and am immediately faced with twenty “Disenchanted” players asking me to explain myself. I tell them he’s not really very good, they (or rather their ombudsman) retort by telling me he is actually quite good. I’m then forced to select between essentially telling them all to fuck off, or “I’m really pleased with how this meeting has gone, thanks for the productive conversation”. Not wanting to start a completely unnecessary row with my whole team, I choose the nonsense option. Predictably, they all become furious and my assistant informs me on the next screen that he has just observed a catastrophic drop in morale. Thanks mate.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found I struggled with keeping players happy on the full version too and the 'gestures' are largely just a waste of time. At least on Touch that doesn't seem to be as big a problem.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be good.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my first season in Germany. It went well!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Season has gone well