Page 105 of 581 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I have just taken notice to Finlands prime minister. Wish she was ours.
    What did she say?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Plus if we didn't have Newsnight for two months people might get used to it.
    The best thing about Newsnight last night was when Maitliss 'went after' the fact the NHS manager guy (I think) said they were trying to source the chemicals they needed from vets as they often have stocks and she was right on him like "aha, you're using products designed for animals!" scoop of the century mode and he just said, well, yeah, they're the same chemicals and they're not going anywhere near people, or animals, you fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What did she say?
    I think he was more referring to her physique rather than her rhetoric.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This chap on the breefing is a cheery soul.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the slogan, but do we really need to end every single sentence with it?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slogan marketing guff on their podiums is appalling. Did they pay someone to design that?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I get the slogan, but do we really need to end every single sentence with it?
    They have the GET BREXIT DONE election winning people doing their comms, so probably. This shit works.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Tbf. She’s been brilliant during Covid.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mazuurk

How do you feel about Swedens approach to this?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife’s uncle has tested positive. He’s in his 80s and has terminal lung cancer (and still smokes) so I’ll be amazed if he’s still here by Easter. Wife’s aunt is dreadfully unhealthy (as in she is eating herself blind) so would imagine she won’t be far behind.

Separately, wife took our son for his jabs and blood tests at Bath RUH and said it was dead. Which I guess is a good thing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it'll be manageable in most places and only get nasty/overwhelming in the obvious hotspots.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon if they had the data they do now, they would have in many places, to be honest (at least in countries with enough records to know the age of everyone and where they are).
    I think basically a bunch of miscalculations have been made very early on that has made it a little too late for everyone everywhere to take any proper actions.

But then also:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/h..._Bes2R3GZSSrPE

It just seems more and more like a bunch of people are just walking around spreading this in society without having a clue they are. So you would have had to A) Quarantine all old people and risk groups and then B) make sure EVERYONE who ever gets to see them (bringing food etc) are all tested like...daily?
    A, yes, but B is not necessary, you simply rely on herd immunity amongst the remainder of the population to sort it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be very difficult almost everywhere but most places probably won’t be overwhelmed in the way that London and Birmingham/the Black Country will.

We’re expecting to peak over the Easter weekend for new admissions. It will be hard for a while after that as length of stay with this is quite long.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What did she say?
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's the peak and then there's whatever plateau follows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a plateau of a couple of weeks at most before dropping roughly as rapidly as it grew.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    @mazuurk

It's an interesting experiment for sure.

A major thing that has been overlooked though is the removal of the standard qualifying day for sick leave, which is a weird remnant from our crisis in the 90s. That has a significant signalling effect in keeping people at home as much as possible.

I was in the Netherlands until Friday, and I can't say Rotterdam/Amsterdam and Stockholm feel massively different in terms of activity among the population.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just taken notice to Finlands prime minister. Wish she was ours.
    I just googled her and her other role appears to be 'Minister of Transport and Communications'. How are those two things the same job?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    A, yes, but B is not necessary, you simply rely on herd immunity amongst the remainder of the population to sort it.
    Taz, I'm closer to your side than Yevrah's but this is just dumb. It's not chicken pox, you can get it more than once.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I just googled her and her other role appears to be 'Minister of Transport and Communications'. How are those two things the same job?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minist...ions_(Finland)

That was her previous position.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She’s since moved up to pm as our old pm was a bit useless and had to resign.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's what I said. How is being Minister for Transport and Communications the same job. People are so desperate to correct you on this website that two different people don't stop to think that maybe they're the ones that are wrong.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't get what you're on about. Are you trying to say that she wasn't qualified before taking on the current position?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Affirmatory.

@mazuurk

I'm torn. I think theres reason in not shutting the economy down too much, it's damaging as it is. And a lot of the reasoning is based on having a sustainable distancing strategy for the rest of the year it seems to prevent a massive backlash when they let people outside and in like september as I understand. Herd immunity is the long term game here they are just trying to drag it out. It's all going to depend on how much the contagion had already spread when cases started popping up, which i think is impossible to tell.

At the same time, our death toll is growing like everywhere else.

At least here there seems to be no political agendas almost. All the parties are united and all say listen to the experts so thats what we are doing (the experts here are saying lockdown is as much a political show of strenght as a means of imposing social distancing. But I think we are at the cusp if the big increase now so they may change it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I mean how are you going to know if someone is immune then? Someone has to bring the quarantined food, no?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    I still don't get what you're on about. Are you trying to say that she wasn't qualified before taking on the current position?
    Transport: Trains, Cars, Roads, Buses.

Communications: Phone lines, Internet, Privacy law.

These are not the same things.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transport: Trains, Cars, Roads, Buses.

Communications: Phone lines, Internet, Privacy law.

These are not the same things.
    Didn't figure those two were your sticking point. They're the same thing in that they're both massive infrastructure pieces that require large capital investments and deal with private companies with similar dynamics (rarely SMEs etc.). Can't see why that can't fall under the same ministry/department.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taz, I'm closer to your side than Yevrah's but this is just dumb. It's not chicken pox, you can get it more than once.
    Eh? Beside some distrusted account here or there I thought the understanding was you can't get infected again as with other similar viruses?

I mean how are you going to know if someone is immune then? Someone has to bring the quarantined food, no?
    That's the case now anyway. The risk to the quarantined at risk doesn't need to increase just through letting the others go about their business as usual. Of course this is theoretical and based on people not being idiots but as I said, they would then carry the blame.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's what I said. How is being Minister for Transport and Communications the same job. People are so desperate to correct you on this website that two different people don't stop to think that maybe they're the ones that are wrong.
    Or maybe your wording was a bit unclear as me and Bernanke both understood the same way mr. victim complex.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obviously early days so we don't know for sure yet, but it's not thought you can get it more than once (or it's very rare at least). There's been an animal study where they failed to reinfect previously infected monkeys and reports of reinfection in humans are very rare/non-existent.

Whether that means long-term immunity isn't clear. You'd have to talk to a virologist about the ins and outs of a virus mutating and what that'd mean for immunity.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, @mazuurk and @Bernanke. Any decent English articles to read more covid and Sweden.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the reports you get on humans getting reinfected come with the "we don't know if the test was faulty" caveat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, @mazuurk and @Bernanke. Any decent English articles to read more covid and Sweden.
    There was a pretty shit article in The Guardian a couple of days ago that felt like it was completely detached from any understanding of Swedish society, but this one is much better:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/24...-for-business/

It's still a gamble and we'll see what happens, but any large scale experiment needs a control group so I guess we're volunteering for that...
    Last edited by Bernanke; 01-04-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, will have a look.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    There was a pretty shit article in The Guardian a couple of days ago that felt like it was completely detached from any understanding of Swedish society, but this one is much better:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/24...-for-business/

It's still a gamble and we'll see what happens, but the any large scale experiment needs a control group so I guess we're volunteering for that...
    This is a SERIOUS QUESTION, but do you have any immunity-related issues from your sepsis ordeal that might complicate this?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sepsis from his rotting bumhole, lads. You remember.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Yep. Just imagine if some poor fucking old bloke has to give his ventilator to me cos I'm young. Dudes probably contributed more to society in any given week then I have in 30 years.
    HELLO LR.

At least you've sucked the cum out of a hairy granny's arse, I'd like to see how many of are brave boys have done that? And how many of these so called "Florence Nightingales" have walked from Doncaster to Preston or whatever for a laugh? Checkmate dickheads.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck has happened to this thread man..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    This is a SERIOUS QUESTION, but do you have any immunity-related issues from your sepsis ordeal that might complicate this?
    Nope, only persisting issue is a few rotational muscles in my hip that were removed (got to keep 2.5/5), so not being able to go the gym regularly quickly becomes annoying since my left leg tends to feel a bit wobbly because of it. It's mostly just sensation though, had a PT look at my walking pattern years back and it was fine.

Bumhole was always fine though, thanks for asking. They just removed about a golfball worth of tissue around my tailbone. Still in the crack mind, but pretty high up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Iranians seem to have done a remarkable job "flattening the curve" as they say. Sort of reminds me of a school science experiment where you'd do the write-up backwards and never bother with the equipment bar setting a few things on fire with a bunsen burner.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we not have any April fools along the lines of 'Coronavirus lockdown lifted with immediate effect' set on a BBC Breaking News background?

Would probably get done for attempted murder in the current climate.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    HELLO LR.

At least you've sucked the cum out of a hairy granny's arse, I'd like to see how many of are brave boys have done that? And how many of these so called "Florence Nightingales" have walked from Doncaster to Preston or whatever for a laugh? Checkmate dickheads.
    Weren't those he actions of Hammerstein?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    HELLO LR.

You got the wrong weirdo that demanded they were banned for their own good.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    The Iranians seem to have done a remarkable job "flattening the curve" as they say. Sort of reminds me of a school science experiment where you'd do the write-up backwards and never bother with the equipment bar setting a few things on fire with a bunsen burner.
    It's like a darts quarter-final.

Ooooone hundred and FAWTY.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    The fuck has happened to this thread man..
    Cabin Fever.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got the wrong weirdo that demanded they were banned for their own good.
    Smiffy sucked the cum out of an old ladies arse?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It's like a darts quarter-final.

Ooooone hundred and FAWTY.
    I was never a fan either but Iran's trying to fight COVID and being shit on for juicing their numbers while being banned from buying the equipment etc. to stop them needing to is the best argument I've seen against sanctions. What's the plan? Hoping half the government dies of it and them seeing the errors of their ways?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Smiffy sucked the cum out of an old ladies arse?
    Too far even for a man of my calibre.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the grapevine is correct, I believe we've put aside the war on Covid so that we can focus on territorial gains. DEATH TO AMERICA.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya ya, we know.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 week year old died in America after testing positive