User Tag List

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2529

Thread: The House Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What recourse would one have anyway? The whole report, while useful, is caveated to fuck.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, the value is whatever the market pays for it. If you're saying there's similar houses nearby that are similar in value, then ignore it. As for the defects, it's up to you really - you can try and insist they're fixed before you exchange or negotiate money off. Or ignore them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Annoying news today.

Had my Home Buyers Survey Report back and while the report was generally good, a few category 2/amber cracks and some fucked decking (which was obvious) the valuation they've given is £15k less than the price it was put on the market for and my offer.

How accurate are these things and is it standard practice to follow them religiously and therefore lower my offer on the back of it? The mortgage lender valued the house at the same price I offered, but I understand this almost always happens.

Any advice/first hand experience welcome.
    As long as the amount you are 'over-paying' is less than your deposit you will be fine. The only issue would be if you were trying to take out a mortgage for more than the value the survey said.

As Mahow said, they seem to be in a different world to the rest of us though. When we bought/sold the valuations on both were stupidly low.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never try to get anything 'fixed' before completion if you have any desire to actually complete. Just pro rata some money off it you can (ie find the cost of repair and take it off). There was a massive crack in one of the conservatory roof windows where I live at the moment, vendor knocked the apparent price of replacement off the price, and the window remains as it was to this day. Everyone wins.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything was running smooth, but I've been informed now that there is some type of issue with the warranty of the new build and the current decision in principle i have for my mortgage is now void. Which mean I need to get another decision in principal. However, if my current mortage dont like the warranty, what does that mean? My advisor sounds confused and is saying to me, it may be wise to look for another place...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Everything was running smooth, but I've been informed now that there is some type of issue with the warranty of the new build and the current decision in principle i have for my mortgage is now void. Which mean I need to get another decision in principal. However, if my current mortage dont like the warranty, what does that mean? My advisor sounds confused and is saying to me, it may be wise to look for another place...
    Had you actually made a mortgage application? Or did you just have an agreement in principle? I'm assuming you had made a full application. The adviser do they work for a bank or are they independent? If they are independent they should be able to find you a new lender but depends on the lender. What you get is that not all new builds have a proper warranty some provide an architects certificate and not all lenders like that. So if that's what they have provided then your adviser should be able to find a new lender as long as you fit their other criteria,

I'm guessing a bit as obviously don't know your full details.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What recourse would one have anyway? The whole report, while useful, is caveated to fuck.
    Homebuyers reports are shit. Better off going for the full structural survey if you are having one done. On them you have proper full recourse if there is an issue with anything wrong.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    Had you actually made a mortgage application? Or did you just have an agreement in principle? I'm assuming you had made a full application. The adviser do they work for a bank or are they independent? If they are independent they should be able to find you a new lender but depends on the lender. What you get is that not all new builds have a proper warranty some provide an architects certificate and not all lenders like that. So if that's what they have provided then your adviser should be able to find a new lender as long as you fit their other criteria,

I'm guessing a bit as obviously don't know your full details.
    Im trying to extract more details because im still confused but it sounds like they are trying to say, just look for another place which I don't want to do.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when you find out what the actual issue is pop it in here and I will try and give you a bit of an idea of your options. No new build house comes without some form of warranty and no builder is going to build it without something that a lender will accept otherwise they would never be able to sell them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been building flatpack furniture solidly all day every day for the last six days. It's a beautiful thing once you get into it. One minute you have a few planks of wood and then, about six hours later, a unit with a wonky drawer and loads of wood chippings to hoover up.

There are so many aspects to filling an empty flat. The blinds or curtains decision might need to be referred to Lady Justice Hale. Do I need a toaster? It's fifty quid and I rarely eat toast. But I need the option of toast in my life. If you don't have the option of toast, you might as well just buy an Ikea coffin for the same price and assemble yourself into it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grills > Toasters. If you need the option of toast in your life, then you need the option of being able to go 6 slices deep too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds insanely expensive for a toaster. I think I paid $10 for mine.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    That sounds insanely expensive for a toaster. I think I paid $10 for mine.
    Yeah, what the fuck sort of toaster are you buying Jimmy?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I just looked along the shelf in Sainsbury's and that's what they seemed to be.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I dunno, I just looked along the shelf in Sainsbury's and that's what they seemed to be.
    I got the second cheapest in Tesco, cos it matched my equally cheap kettle. 6 years on and it’s still going strong. Was about £15 I think.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lidl and Aldi will have toasters and kettles and all that shite, in a variety of colours, that will all match one another in a matter of weeks. They are stocked in cycles.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cheapest one on the Argos site is £6.99. There are decent looking name brand ones for about 20 quid.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy failing the milk price test.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been building flatpack furniture solidly all day every day for the last six days. It's a beautiful thing once you get into it. One minute you have a few planks of wood and then, about six hours later, a unit with a wonky drawer and loads of wood chippings to hoover up.

There are so many aspects to filling an empty flat. The blinds or curtains decision might need to be referred to Lady Justice Hale. Do I need a toaster? It's fifty quid and I rarely eat toast. But I need the option of toast in my life. If you don't have the option of toast, you might as well just buy an Ikea coffin for the same price and assemble yourself into it.
    Enjoy it Jim.

The tendency is to rush the filling of emptiness however take it easy. It’s really exciting considering choices and making the right one. And don’t cheap out on the goods, for fuck’s sake. £6.99 for a toaster? Get in the sea.

I’ve spent about £100 already on cookware and let me tell you it is fucking boss. Just made a stir fry in my Salter and not a single burn or stick.

My Breville Hot Water thing makes me a cup of tea in like 10 seconds and my Nutribullet is nutrition for the man on the move/borderline retarded.

Splash on things that make your life easier.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ffs.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damnit. Is this what I’ve become.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I couln't resist.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    God damnit. Is this what I’ve become.
    You wish.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is excellent.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love you guys.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The little gate there (near the bins) is the entrance to most of the houses in the 'street' and there is a little pathway that connects all the front gardens.

Today a neighbour gave us a letter saying we've been accessing this UNAUTHORISED and that we need a deed of easement to legally use it. LOL.

What is wrong with some people?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit on his doorstep.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Her.

She's mental about the gate, she must have painted it (badly) every day for 10 days the other month.

I think we should ask for her to pay to create a new private entrance for us.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send her a letter agreeing to pay a small yearly fee on the condition that she carrys out reasonable maintenance. Then list a load of unreasonable shit.

*onsite security
    *barbed wire
    *Regular health and safety assessments
    *any opening of the gate should be considered a 'grand opening' and have a celebrity in attendance.

Etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red line shows the path which leads to number 2 (her house) and number 3. The rest of the path leads to 4, 5, 6 (us), 7 and 8.

We're not even using her path and the gate can't possibly belong to her.

Also, a few years ago two new houses (7 and 8) were built and the developer asked for signed permission for path access from the owners of 4, 5 and 6. If they were asking the previous owners of the house for access how the hell would we not already be allowed access.

She's mental.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Affinity Water want £11k to supply new connection to the upstairs flat, with 10.5 of that being the pipe

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell her you're not interested in what she has to say and you don't ever want to be contacted by her again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Its insane, really no explanation other than the previous owner being mentally ill.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weed farm?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I bought that house and I now move onto the next phase of things I know nothing about.

Excluding materials what's a decent day rate for a plaster/decorator that can do a bit of building work? I've been quoted £180 to £190 per day, which given that's less than £25 an hour and childcare seems reasonable. But again, I've no idea.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people we're trying to buy from also have a flat to sell, which we were starting to worry was going to be a bit of a sticking point, but got the news today they've sold it. Hopefully all moves smoothly from here

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I bought that house and I now move onto the next phase of things I know nothing about.

Excluding materials what's a decent day rate for a plaster/decorator that can do a bit of building work? I've been quoted £180 to £190 per day, which given that's less than £25 an hour and childcare seems reasonable. But again, I've no idea.
    We paid £270 for a day and a half so sounds about right.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Spikey.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were officially given planning permission a couple of days ago even though another neighbour complained (not enough parking spots despite there always being loads in the permit streets, lack of space for bins which wasn't an issue especially when we removed 2 bins that belonged to no one and the fact that she thought we'd cut some trees down) but the plumber is being a dick.

Since we paid him his final instalment he's gone on holiday, been sick for days, keeps making excuses etc etc.

We were meant to move back in about 10 days ago, then today and now hopefully on Monday as he still hasn't installed the toilets or connected the shower.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about responding to that Yevrah post with something like 'Mahow told me anything less than a grand a day is good value', but then I thought nah mate shit joke that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow is going to get dicks thumbed up his arse daily as a landlord. I can't wait for when he takes on his first Universal Credit claimant and they spend their rent money on Magic Beans.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some 'female' tenant living rent free because she asked if she could pay a week late two years earlier and he hasn't dare ask her for it since.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living the dream.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you paying the final installment before the work is finished?