User Tag List

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 2418

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in 2032 with Red Star (Paris) and having a lovely old time. Took over just prior to the 2026 World Cup. Might post an update at some point.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    We're in great shape again, so hopefully we can see it through this time…hopefully we can't collapse quite as badly this year…
    Yeah, about that

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being able to sell certain players is so frustrating at times. I get it when it's a player that's not necessarily at the club's standard and all, but I got an insane new keeper and I'm trying to offload my previous starter. We won the Europa League and Premier league with him just last season, he has interest from Saudi Arabia and Liverpool, he is valued at 60m, yet I'm fine going down to even 30m (what we paid for him) and he's on practically no money (68k a week). On top of that he also wants to leave, yet we're only getting 10m offers.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 29-01-2024 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the lack of offers sometimes, when the AI then asks for silly money is annoying.

As is this rather predictable summer, I suspect its the first of many

Also had my hand forced into accepting a bid on my keeper because he's kicking up a stink over a contract and we got offered double his value plus extras.
    Last edited by Mike; 29-01-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Also had my hand forced into accepting a bid on my keeper because he's kicking up a stink over a contract and we got offered double his value plus extras.
    Can't you just keep him and have them buy mine instead?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can use the money to buy yours, I hear you offer them out on the cheap.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad first leg of the quarters me thinks. Quite the smash and grab as well.

As a sidenote, something I've been wanting to ask but keep forgetting. Is a high amount of goals starting from ridiculously bad passes that get intercepted (or the receiving player not moving/moving away from the ball) or is it just my tactics? I'd been thinking it might be the latter, but it seems to also happen to the opposition as well, so I'm not too sure.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 30-01-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this happened. That's all 3 European competitions back to back for us and while the first two I kind of expected, this one came as a real surprise. We were lucky with that 3-0 win in Madrid, but other than that we actually played really well, also beating Bayern and Dortmund in the group. Getting a semi-final against Porto was quite lucky admittedly, but we still showed that we were a force to be reckoned with. As for the final:

We were the better team, although it was a fairly trash game with virtually no chances until we got the lead in the 88th minute, before getting a second deep into injury time.

We signed a lot of players in the summer, a lot of which were promising youngsters, so they didn't feature much. Only four players signed to go into the first team:

This guy was actually signed for his potential and he was a 2-star player at the time. But with our first-team right back also being a youngster, he got to play more and he impressed. We only had to pay 8m for him and he's already worth 10 times that. Not that he'll be going anywhere of course.

This guy was meant to provide us with options on the left wing and possibly cement the position as his own. He came with tons of potential but didn't progress whatsoever. He wasn't terrible by any means, but I don't think he justified the 20m we paid for him.

Our big summer signing. Well sort of. He was only at 3 stars when he joined, but better than the alternatives. He had a slow start, but kept improving and he soon find the way to also score more than a few goals from set-pieces. 26.5m well spent I say.

The goalkeeper I mentioned yesterday. We didn't exactly need him, but our previous starter was a bit shaky at times and this guy was a massive upgrade. Broke the club record to sign him for 55m in January, but I think it was a great investment.

I was a bit curious how we'd do in the league, as last time around we went from finishing 9th straight to winning it, so I had my doubts. I didn't feel we were as good as last season honestly, but the teams around us were way worse, so even though we didn't hit the top of the league until February, it still felt like it was quite an easy title. We also did pretty well in the cups, reaching the FA Cup quarters where we were knocked out by City on penalties as well as the League Cup final, losing to Tottenham on penalties.

Seral is genuinely two times as good as the second best player in the squad. He's just incredible. I would show you all the awards he's won in his 2 seasons at the club, but I'd need 3-4 separate screenshots to fill all of them, that's how good he's been. And we only signed him for 9m. As for the rest, Williams was really good once again, even if his stats feel worse than the season before, the reason being that Rosa took his place as our main goal scorer from set-pieces. Lecourt was good, but not great and the rest were just above average I guess.

So that Champions League win is a bit bittersweet in a sense, as it was meant to be the long-term goal for this save. I will keep on playing for a few more seasons I reckon, especially since I don't think we'll be repeating it any time soon, but it definitely removed a bit of my excitement for the future of the club.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 30-01-2024 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top work that. Go defend your CL

As for keepers, mines off. Down to two to replace him. As it really seems keepers are hard to come by this year.
    Green or Blue. I'm edging for Keller, just because he doesn't wear a head band, but he is a heck of a lot more.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went for the one who doesn't look like a tit.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be a bit disappointed if we fall back into the playoffs again this year, but hopefully we can't collapse quite as badly this year so automatic promotion is the goal, and the title would be a bonus.
    Portsmouth 2025/26 End of Season Review

After once again putting ourselves in position to reach the Premier League, we just needed to avoid a patented Pompey new year wobble, or at least not fall apart so badly that we found ourselves having to do the playoff roulette. Could we do it?

Toggle Spoiler

Players:

Not gonna go through the entire squad this time, just the key guys & some thoughts on summer business.

Toggle Spoiler

I think we've got a huge season ahead, and whether it's a success or a failure could come in large part down to how successful I am at revamping the squad this summer. No pressure then.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs job interview. Offered 7m transfer budget. I’ve 75m at Oldham.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Spurs my captain said he wanted to leave to play in the Champions League. I said not to worry cos we’ll qualify for it and he was like lol no we won’t we are bad, and now he’s crying that I took captaincy off him. Fool!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind, got sacked for applying for the Liverpool job. Didn’t even play a game.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like unfair dismissal. Get a claim in.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promised not to apply for jobs when I took the job, but never mind cos I’ve got the Liverpool job
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz he said to me you know
    You'll never guess who's gay you know
    He said so
    DCL loves men and he feels fine
    I'm so glad that Baz knows who is bent
    I'm so glad he delivered what he said

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitchin Town 2025/26 Season Update:

League:

This season was really hard and I was sure that we were going to get relegated. I kept switching up tactics near the end and I finally stumbled on something that worked well for us. Sean Wilding (who was produced last season) became a real hero. I went to an asymmetric 4-2-3-1 (DM, CM, AM) as I thought it suited us and my main AMC got injured but Wilding stepped into that role superbly well.

Cups:

The Flamingo wankers are officially on my hate list, every time we play them we play so much better than them but they get jammy goals to gift them the result. Fuck them so much.

Squad:

Wilding and Hemmings really saved us down the stretch, they are heroes.

Youth Recruits:

Toggle Spoiler

Really excited about Adel Bramble, high determination super consistent and an alright personality, although he does have a weird head. He's been a regular since he was produced, the same as Nico Dowie although he's not been as good.

Facilities:

They're rejecting the recruitment lately which is shit (as well as coaching courses, I still haven't been on one) but the facilities are ok for now. £185k in the bank so hopefully they're willing to start spending again soon.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After what was a surprisingly great season, the task at hand is somewhat simple. Noone (including me) expects us to repeat it, but with the massive increase in reputation, we should at least be able to cement our place as one of Europe's elite clubs. Kids around the world should be dreaming of playing for the mighty Dorking Wanderers. As such it was a summer of a lot of movement, where I thought it was time to get some world class players in. Despite finding it hard due to sentimentality, I decided to let a lot of the old(-ish) guard go, since they wouldn't be getting much playing time here and that wouldn't be fair to them. So out went Deng (6 seasons), Atkinson (6 seasons), Henao (4 seasons) and Klinka (4 seasons), joined by some of our most recent signings like Aizawa, Obradovic, Fernandes and some youngsters for a combined 238m euros. A total of 10 players joined the club, most of which were expected to feature heavily in the coming season (sorted by order of importance):

Toggle Spoiler

With all the transfer stuff done, let's get on with the results:

That was SO close. Our ineptitude to finish off games, especially at home, meant that we just couldn't build a considerable lead over Norwich (of all the teams) and it actually went down to the very last day. Norwich had two more points going into that last game so the ball was in their court. The saving grace was that they were playing City away, so it was highly likely that a win in our game would see us clinch the title. The bad news was that our game wasn't an easy one either as we were playing Tottenham at White Hart Lane. City did us the favour by edging out a 3-2 win, but it looked like it would be for nought as we just couldn't score. Thankfully supersub Kunze grabbed the only goal with 5 minutes to play and we managed to claim our third title in a row. Fair play to Norwich, however, as they were incredible this season. Especially since they didn't really have any important players joining them, it was practically the same squad that saw them finishing 10th the season prior.

We also made the quarters in both cups, but we went out to City in the League Cup (2-0 away) and to Huddersfield (!) in the FA Cup (2-1 away after extra time). As for Europe:

We were better than last season throughout the competition, however it just ended up being much tougher this time around, mainly due to us squandering a lot (and I mean A LOT) of chances. As a matter of fact, we were losing 3-1 on aggregate against Atletico with 45 mins to play, and also 3-1 to Real with 60 minutes to play, but we ended up actually going through both ties. This meant that we would be facing Tottenham in the final, so the odds of a repeat win were quite high, however they were better on the day and deservedly grabbed the win in extra time. Still, very encouraging to see that last season wasn't just a fluke.

We also played in the Club World Championship right after, where after easily going through our group we faltered at the very first hurdle, losing 3-2 to Newcastle. To their credit they made it all the way to the final, only to lose on penalties to Flamengo (which we easily beat in our group) after a 3-3 thriller of a game, where they were 3-0 up only for Flamengo to grab three goals of their own in the last 20 minutes.

The main outlier here has to be Maltoni. After a great first season, Lecourt had been good but never consistent, so I thought this season it was time for Maltoni to get his chance and boy did he take advantage of that. Including the Club World Championship, he scored 41 goals, breaking a 15-season record for the club that held since my very first season here when Seager scored 37 back in our National League days. The other standout has to be Abiala. His numbers are similar to what Williams was posting, but the former has just had a lot more impact in our overall performance, with his goals and assists being more spread out than the peaks and valleys that Williams (who, to his credit, also had 11 goals and 12 assists this season) typically has.

So for next season, obviously the main goal will be to retain the league title, but also have another go at the Champions League. I would also not say no to an FA Cup win, since that one still eludes us. In terms of players, I think it might be time for Marjanovic to take a step back as he's been very error prone for a few seasons now and also has a tendency to pick up a lot of cards. I am also not very happy with our goalkeeper (as has been the theme for this entire save), but whether he gets replaced will depend on who's available since there's not that many options that are significantly better.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 04-02-2024 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Portsmouth 2026/27 Midseason Update

I think we've got a huge season ahead, and whether it's a success or a failure could come in large part down to how successful I am at revamping the squad this summer. No pressure then.
    After reaching the big time last season we're pretty much just looking to survive this year - we're by far the smallest team in the divison, as you can see from the commercial income, the sponsorship income & the wages - and we're predicted to go straight back down, so we had plenty of work to do to get a team together that can hold its own this year.

Transfers:
    Toggle Spoiler

Results:
    Toggle Spoiler

Other Stuff:

Unsurprisingly given the ocean of money in the league, our finances have improved a lot & we're up to about £25m in the bank. As such, I decided to ask for a present from the board in the shape of a stadium expansion, which they've agreed to. We're filling Fratton Park every week so it makes sense, although they're only adding about 3,500 seats so it's not quite as much of an expansion as I'd been imagining.

The board also agreed to give us some extra money for transfers (roughly £10m), so I've got a couple of newgens lined up to arrive in January & the rest will probably be saved in case someone interesting becomes available.

After a pretty underwhelming intake last season, the youth preview looks pretty encouraging this season, so hopefully we'll get some exciting youngsters through in a few months time.

--

Overall I'd say it's going roughly as expected, but we have a big few months ahead & we definitely can't afford a new years slump like we've done in the last couple of seasons, or else we'll be looking at a proper fight for survival.
    Last edited by Dan; 04-02-2024 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28 points by New Years is pretty big, even more so since you're 15 points above the relegation zone. I'll be surprised if any of the bottom 3 even reach 28 points at this rate.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    28 points by New Years is pretty big, even more so since you're 15 points above the relegation zone. I'll be surprised if any of the bottom 3 even reach 28 points at this rate.
    Yeah, I think we’re pretty likely to avoid any kind of relegation battle but I’m just waiting for everything to fall apart. It does kinda seem like the bottom three are all bad enough that it won’t matter even if we do implode though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A busy window for Spezia. Started with £0 budget.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, breaking the transfer record (I'm assuming) on deadline day. An age-old FM classic.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this time I thought you had Andy Robertson.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a left-back. One of the best players in the world, but still.

Edit:

Okay game.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet if it was the other way round they’d be offering £15m & asking you to pay half his wages.

What’s the transfer record in your game at the minute? Is that even something we can see easily in FM? Don’t think I’ve ever looked

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World > Transfers then select leading transfers in the drop down menu.

Here are the leading transfers in my Hitchin save. Saudi clubs going mental.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Stones

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a left-back. One of the best players in the world, but still.

Edit:

Okay game.
    That 301m has to be on instalments, I believe the game is coded to auto-accept 300m straight up.

I remember on one save wanting to buy a player from a rival team. They would not accept £299m with added bonuses but they would accept £300m straight up. I did not go through with the transfer.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Stones
    A 30 year old John Stones.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it was 185m up front, 58m in installments and another 58m after 20 league appearances. I don't even have that much money (my limit was hit at the first 227m offer), I just wanted to see how much it would take.

Record in the save is 220m, with 133m up front. In terms of lump-sums, 167m is the record.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, breaking the transfer record (I'm assuming) on deadline day. An age-old FM classic.
    More than doubled the old record too!
    Anyone finding teams are willing to lower optional transfer fees in loans if you offer them more monthly and wage fees or have I just got lucky?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, it makes sense if they are looking to offload the player through the loan right? Have you mathed out the total cost in either case?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess so. They've always been listed too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fourth best player in the world Nick Gunn is currently without a club. Surely I should snatch him up, no?

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I love Federico Redondo. Him and Spezia OG Salvatore Esposito are oustanding as my CM's, and just helped us rip Monaco apart in France.

https://streamable.com/ke03g1

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fourth best player in the world Nick Gunn is currently without a club. Surely I should snatch him up, no?
    I kinda think you should, just for the SCIENCE. Did he have a massive injury or something?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've seen that top guy trying to make an account in here from time to time...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toggle Spoiler
    He looks utter wank though and has horrendous traits.

Weird that he'd be ranked at all let alone that high.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I kinda think you should, just for the SCIENCE. Did he have a massive injury or something?
    When he was 15 maybe?

Just a bug I guess.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A classic case of high potential, but never played during ages 17-21 so he stagnates and just drifts into the shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put the Flamingo cunts in their place finally

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came through our academy about 8 months ago (at 2-star ability at that point), already has become our starting left-back (with 3 player of the match awards in 14 appearances might I add). I don't think I've ever had a youth player have such an immediate impact before.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat a dick @Baz

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Baz from St. Helens?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but he did manage Warrington.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of wool behaviour going on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having massively improved the squad last summer, I decided to limit my transfer dealings this time around. I was looking for a left-back and maybe a goalkeeper replacement and not much else. The only left-back that I was really interested in was that Norwich player and they wouldn't part with him for all the money in the world, so I stuck with my current roster, with Yaroshenko massively benefitting from that decision. I did however find a better goalkeeper, who was one of the three players that we signed:

Not necessarily an upgrade over our previous one stat-wise, but the scouts reckoned he was quite a bit better and the other guy wanted to leave so I just went for it. Cost a rather significant 72m, but with him being very young I reckon that's a fair price.

As is my modus operandi, we didn't need this guy but he was available for just 15m, so I just went for it.

Henson picked a 4-month injury in early January and I had van Dinter in my sight for some time now. With money burning a hole in my pockets, I just pulled the trigger and signed him for 83m, breaking the club record (which had already been broken in the summer when we signed Toumi).

Usually in this kind of save, it becomes easier and easier for me to win the next league title, but that hasn't been the case in my stint with Dorking. Mind you, we had a massive lead for months, so it was never in doubt, but our points total was a 4-season low and we weren't the highest scoring team in the league for the first time in 5 years. We had an incredible start, but then our form just startied deteriorating. Much like last season, we went out of both cups in the quarters, losing 0-2 at home to Newcastle in the league cup and getting knocked out by Villa on penalties in the FA Cup. As for Europe:

We were by far the better team against Villa, but somehow they went through. It sort of matched the theme of the whole season where we would create loads but never take our chances. Missing Seral in the last few months of the season didn't help either.

Toumi was actually incredible when he first joined, with 7 clean sheets in 8 league games, but then he went to AFCON and he just hasn't been that good ever since he returned, which was a bummer. van Dinter took a couple of games to get used to our tactics, but since then he was just world class and has already justified his price tag. You will also notice that Maltoni isn't in the best eleven, but that was not by choice. He just kept picking month-long injuries throughout the season. Thankfully Jose Costa proved to be up to the task, with a very solid, if unimpressive by our standards, goal contribution. Last but not least, Yaroshenko really was the revelation of the season. He isn't at the club's standard yet stat-wise, but he's been playing his heart out and has been the first left-back in a few seasons to finish with an average rating above 7. He also scored the Premier League goal of the season and was voted best young player. Pretty exciting. I will still try and sign that Norwich left-back mind you.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 08-02-2024 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 185m (100 up front, 50 in installments and 35 after 50 league apps), because might as well: