Page 354 of 373 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,700 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    then have him go full knobhead over the summer.
    Living the gimmick but in reverse.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying this because I think it would be good booking and not because I want him gone ASAP: he should absolutely go out on his back at WrestleMania. If you want to make a legit heel out of Drew (which lets face it, WWE doesn't have many of) then have him fuck up Seth and leave him laying at the end of Night 1. If they seriously want to get Drew over as a/the top heel then that will give him the best chance. Carrying it to Backlash or whatever B-PPV it is after that is weak and de-legitimises Drew.

Seth will be over as fuck on his return and will have had chance to rehab a knee that is obviously dodgy, and he can take the title back at Summerslam or whatever.

EDIT: I guess that was the Punk plan actually. Maybe just hint at a heel turn at Mania because that crowd ain't booing him, then have him go full knobhead over the summer.
    *Wrestlemania Backlash.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I'm not even trying to be contrarian but I quite like him. I dont have to watch him week to week but he always pulls off a great big match.
    The annoying thing with him is that when he's not doing the "heh heh hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" thing he can do a good promo too, such as the one on Raw this week. He's never gonna be a top tier guy at it but he can do it. And as you say I always think he'll very reliably turn in a really good big match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny Ace, fucking worm rhat he is, claiming to be a victim of Vince too.

That's presumably much worse news for Vince though than if Laurinitas had just denied it all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just covering his own arse there. Guaranteed he's part of the gang.

You know he's a wrongun when all sides of the spectrum from Cornette to Teddy Long to Naomi calling him out for being a scumbag.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh 100%, I didn't on anyway mean to suggest I think he wasn't up to his bedk in it. He'd have been gleefully doing whatever Vince said so long as he thought he was in favour.

Like you say, I literally don't think I've ever heard anybody with a good word to say about him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny Ace was 100% the person still smashing away at this poor girl while Vinces shit was dripping down her. There is zero doubt in my mind.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't fathom that he was the brother of one of the Road Warriors.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animal's son was a great linebacker in NFL too before his body shut down.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise he was Animal's son, never clicked.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh we got some bullshit on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go get em Hulk!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk was spot on when he said Cody was about to get the Punk 2013 treatment.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I stop facepalming the Rock segment I’ve got to go and watch the full show. New commentary team is Graves and Barrett with Graves doing play-by-play. Interesting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is, it's gonna be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
    Punk is a prophet.

I just don’t get this. This is WCW shit. When The Rock and Reigns have disappeared in a couple of months and the world’s hottest babyface is ice cold, where do they go?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one of the worst decisions anyone has ever made.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear, that really doesn't do anybody any good.

- Cody looks like he has to do what The Rock says
    - Cody now presumably going for a belt he's already just said he wants less than Roman's
    - Literally just admitting on-air that the WHC is a B prize
    - Rollins is now going to have lost to Cody four times straight
    - Wrestlemania Night 2 main event is gonna suuuuuuck and leave us with probably another year of Roman on that title, and tie Solo and Jimmy to him doing nothing. Because Roman isn't losing it to The Rock surely?
    - Cody and Rollins left trying to salvage something from this whole thing, genuinely feel a little sorry for them.

Ugh. What a mess.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestlemania went from looking godlike to an absolute mess.

Nobody wants to see Rollins/Rhodes once again never mind Reigns/Rock. Jesus.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'm 100% behind the decision for Roman winning again.
    It's happening and we all need to support it.
    They made it clear much, much faster than expected.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we were past WM main events getting shit on but that second night could be a shit fest.

Sounds like The Rock ego’d himself into it. Shock.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, he's going to do this every time he gets a dry spell from Hollywood.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an absolute non-neckbeard casual im well looking forward to Roman v Rock. Its a fucking stupid business decision but bring it on.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've gone relatively early with it too. This gives the fans a chance to shit on it. Do we think they would?

Saddest thing about it was Codys face after the shit hug they had.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania is in Philly as well. This might go in the Brock-Goldberg direction if they’re not careful.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw and Smackdown will be worse (assuming both in Philly) but probably be too many casuals in the arena on the Sunday.

Maybe Rhodes beats Reigns at EC with a Rock interference and he gets his moment then? Wishful thinking

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rock/Reigns segment is already their most disliked video of all time. This feels like when Batista came back.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder at what point they'd be forced to consider swapping something? Or if they'd just ride it out?

They don't want fans giving it the treatment that Reigns/Bork main event got and you absolutely don't want fans chanting for Cody during it.

Though maybe as has been said a Mania crowd are likely to just be cheering the Rock regardless.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short term thinking though. They might well get away with it at Mania but come Summerslam when crowds are down, Cody is ice cold and The Rock and Reigns are nowhere to be seen, how can it still be seen as good business?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History would suggest unless they take Cody out of notable storylines altogether he won't be cold, but it still won't be the same and they'll still have fucked it.

Also given they've set up that Cody wants Roman anyway are they gonna have to keep the WHC on Cody for a whole fucking year and do title vs. title at Mania 41? Or have Cody FINISH THE STORY not at Mania?

It's a proper fucking mess they've made for themselves and it was entirely avoidable.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely this is all because they've panicked after Punk's injury.

But you could have just had WALTER face Rollins at Mania.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think Punk's injury has much to do with this, but I could be wrong.

I think it's purely that The Rock has said he can actually do it this year so they (whether that's TKO mandating it, or if HHH would have done it himself, whoever) just makes that the priority.

If Punk had been fit you'd probably have seen him win in the Chamber and also pick Rollins to make that one of Ben's beloved triple threats.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They obviously don't think Gunther is a big enough name. But they've already sold all the tickets. I don't get it either.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Gunther, do we reckon he's losing the belt to somebody at Mania as that would be an obvious point to give somebody the win over him or is he holding that until the Germany show now?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE PLAN was apparently Cody v Roman, Brock v Gunther and Rollins v Punk.

This is still fixable. Have Cody go over Dwayne at the Chamber after playing the words Punk said. Cody decides enough with this shit I'm actually the peoples champion.

Though word is Dwayne has pushed himself into this. I wonder how he'll feel if the crowds do reject him over it.

A shame because Rollins v Cody could have been money if they'd pushed it right. Now Cody feels like a side character in his own STORY and Rollins and his title are devalued.
    You could have easily done Dwayne v Roman without a title, but here we are.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon The Rock feeling iffy about getting booed is literally the only thing liable to make them change course because I don't think his ego would let him go out and have fans booing the house down when he's meant to be a face.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I really don't think Punk's injury has much to do with this, but I could be wrong.

I think it's purely that The Rock has said he can actually do it this year so they (whether that's TKO mandating it, or if HHH would have done it himself, whoever) just makes that the priority.

If Punk had been fit you'd probably have seen him win in the Chamber and also pick Rollins to make that one of Ben's beloved triple threats.
    Then why have Cody win the Rumble?

Which has also been devalued with this bullshit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't mistake me saying what I think has happened for me thinking it makes any sense.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon The Rock feeling iffy about getting booed is literally the only thing liable to make them change course because I don't think his ego would let him go out and have fans booing the house down when he's meant to be a face.
    Ironic because his heel Hollywood Rock run in 2003 was incredible.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Surely this is all because they've panicked after Punk's injury.

So from Uncle Dave's thoughts on this it seems like there might be elements of both here. He's saying it was changed after the Punk injury, and that basically Rock had been pushing for him and Roman to be a Mania match already but with Punk out they caved a couple of days after the Rumble and gave him what he wanted.

SRS says he's piecing his report together so I'll be interested to see what version of events he gets.

Ironic because his heel Hollywood Rock run in 2003 was incredible.
    Oh it was tremendous, but that was being booed on his terms.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Johnson (PWInsider) seems to be the only journo worth his salt.

Dave Meltzer: "Okada could be signing with AEW, but he could also go to WWE depending on what his goals are. He hasn't decided yet. Plans change. That'll be $12.99 please."

SRS is a silly grifter who's been fed too much bogus info to take seriously anymore.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swerve coming, Rock joins Bloodline and tells everyone to fuck off for the end of that Royal Rumble where they stood there looking dopey while the entire arena booed their heads off.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have now put up a poster and announced it is Rock v Roman. So now they're going to trot the two actual faces of the company out to try and make us believe thats what they always wanted and let the two part timers go at it.

Leaves us with two questions. Will the fans at shows shit on it enough to cause a problem? Even if they do, would a potential Bootista situation make them change the plans?

I reckon the answer to both is no.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In contrast the Bayley stuff was fun, everyone shitting it when she started talking Japanese was great.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    In contrast the Bayley stuff was fun, everyone shitting it when she started talking Japanese was great.
    Just watched this and it was really good. Lol at Aldis and Pearce shouting at them to stop ganging up on Bayley having themselves got out of the ring. Just pull them apart, lads.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so this is all actually happening because when Dwayne was appointed at TKO he was promised $30m in shares based on certain conditions. One of these conditions is him competing in a match in 2024.

Go boo the fuck out of him lads.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing stopping them from having the match if they really want to. Just have Rhodes win the title before WM or have the dreaded match in Australia.

But that would mean fighting 3 months running I guess

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched SmackDown.

Mind boggling stuff. I actually don’t mind Rock - Reigns. I can get on board with that. What I can’t understand is why they had Cody win the Rumble. They’ve set themselves up (perfectly) for Cody - Roman II and, at some point over the last few days, have creatively pivoted away seemingly out of the blue. Gotta feel for Cody. He’s been made to look like a twat over the last week after being a great performer since his return.

Saw someone say it best on social media: Cody is a clean cut baby face who is over as hell. In a time where being clean cut is probably the hardest way to get over.

Can’t help but feel Trips has either got this horribly wrong or he’s been overruled by the higher powers.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s pretty obvious DWAYNE has played a bit of politics.

We need Don Cena back to make him cry on the mic again

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read or heard anything other than that The Rock has willed this into being and that it was after the Rumble they finally agreed, whether that was the Punk injury or not I guess we'll have to await a Ben-approved report on the matter.

And I agree with Tom/ that point about Cody, he's got mega over as an old fashioned earnest baby face which is impressive. WWE does very few of those that actually work in recent years.