User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arse Creed Egypt

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arse Creed Egypt

Caved and bought this today, as a bit of 'digital tourism' if nothing else. Downloading for when I get in this evening.

Anyone else on it?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting until it's on a bit of a sale.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of hours in and it's not a great start.

Incomprehensible/poorly explained plot, unbelievably bad menu navigation system (a fucking cursor on a console? Are you shitting me?), cookie cutter missions and, as is the problem with all Arse Creed games, the combat never feels like it has any weight or jeopardy.

The map is huge, but not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing at this stage.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a Switch and Mario, Yev. Thank me later.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll play it at some point but probably on a sale. There are other things on my to-buy list before I get round to that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple more hours in and it's rapidly growing on me.

The setting is amazing (I haven't even got close to Giza yet), and having now started to get to grips with the rpg/stat elements I know what I'm doing so much more.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The combat looks shit, especially compared to Shadow Of War/Batman. They could make it proper fluid and look great but it just seems a bit rigid. The graphics look great, from the Giant Bomb quicklook.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two codes from monster drinks for Assassins creed. Not really sure what they do I dont play AC.

9279FCT VXJ6WHV
    8T5WH9P M7THXV

@Yevrah
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything I've read about this says the actual game is shite (shock) but the world is lovely to just roam about in.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's basically every Arse Creed game, except for Pirates, which had great songs.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the gameplay of the series prior to this (I know they changed some stuff) and it is absolutely just a particularly pretty icon-hunt must of the time but I do still enjoy them. So long as they have protagonists I can get on with.

Altair and Connor can fuck off. Ezio is a don, I grew to like the Fryes and while Edward wasn't the most enthralling character he was a likeable enough bloke and got to do this:

I quite fancy giving Rogue a go at some point, though nobody ever talks about it and I don't know anybody who's played it.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two more Assassins Creed monster energy codes

92C4H37 86626WC
    8XXXVPR 53P5LKV
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing this the last few days. Phwoar it's good. It's the best one I've played since Brotherhood.

It's barely an Assassins Creed game, where's the fucking run button for a start? But what it is is a bloody good video game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it today and played for an hour or so.

I fucking hate the cursor in menus so much (just why?) and the combat is very Creed-esque but I like it so far, oh and it would be nice if the story was actually introduced.

Wont hold a candle to Black Flag but I do think it might be the best since then.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very good game all around. The side missions are they best they've been in any game in the series. It's the main story that was meh for the most part once again. Honestly they haven't introduced a proper story since Ezio.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually read a thing the other day where they were saying the next AssCreed game needs to up the ante on the modern day stuff.

NO THEY FUCKING DON'T.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have done that with 3 and have 4 be an AssCreed in the modern day but they fucked it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should remove all modern day parts, those bits are the worst.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was ok with the Desmond parts between AC 2-3 for the most part. From there on it's just there to be there for no reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been pissing around so much that I only just finished the prologue.

I've already found a bandit hideout, almost fucked myself in a sandstorm, killed by a pack of red skull hyenas with like one bite, I then found a boat in the middle of the desert for a synchronisation point only to jump the wrong way so I died instead of doing the leap of faith. Then I walked into what looked like an abandoned building/temple only to see a red skull soldier so I climbed up and thought a fire arrow right to the head would end him. It barely scratched him and I had to run for my life as he and a buddy of his chased me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoying just going round Alexandria and I've not done too many quests since getting here.

It's quite fun just killing a load of roaming soldiers and then using toxins on their dead bodies before luring more soldiers into that street.

I also just found the palace there which is brilliant for levelling (you need to be 10 or so with decent gear though) as there are a shit load of enemies which respawn quickly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get 10 xp for kills and 500 for a 2 minute side quest. Don't bother grinding enemies.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to Giza and climbed a pyramid.

So good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just started this over the weekend and am enjoying myself so far. Bayek seems likeable enough which is good, the combat is an improvement but I dunno why they don't just rip off Arkham and the world itself is stunning as others have said. Haven't got to Giza yet but Alexandria is pretty cool. I do seem to be intentionally holding off on justbrushing straight at the big landmarks though and I'm not sure why, it's like I'm teasing myself. Think I'll do the Lighthouse tonight (it's what Getafix would have wanted) and there are some pyramids near Alex too that I might go look at.

Also important given I am largely about playing dress up in games now is that your armour stats and outfit are independent of each other so I don't even need to take off this ceremonial Lion-god hat if I don't want to.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out recently that Arse Creed Greece doesn’t have the colossus of Rhodes in it. I mean, what’s the point?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's bad but I'm just preparing to be gutted when Cleopatra turns up in this and nobody comments on the loveliness of her nose.

I'm gonna have to chuck an @ at @wullie here because I think he's the only one these Asterix references might not be wasted on. Assuming it's even him I'm thinking of.
    Last edited by Ian; 05-11-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah. Keep an eye out for a good-natured soldier named Ptenisnet too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Krukhut man myself.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The size of this map and the amount of stuff to doml in it seems a bit ludicrous even if you bear in mind the big chunks of desert.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got back into this yesterday and it's actually quite good. Up to level 7 and about to leave the tutorial area.

Anyone still playing/actually finish it?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about three AC games behind now (discounting the ones which are shit and I'll never play).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played about 10 minutes of all of them, but I want to play Odyssey (statues innit) and figured I'd better play this one first rather than go back afterwards.

I do have a complaint though - the game would be infinitely improved by getting rid of the icons all over the map and only having them appear when you're actually near them. Kills exploring in a fucking huge map somewhat that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I've played about 10 minutes of all of them, but I want to play Odyssey (statues innit) and figured I'd better play this one first rather than go back afterwards.

I do have a complaint though - the game would be infinitely improved by getting rid of the icons all over the map and only having them appear when you're actually near them. Kills exploring in a fucking huge map somewhat that.
    You mean on the compass? I think there might be UI options for that if you set it to minimal or whatever.

Yev, I would recommend just playing the one you want to play. They're very similar and pretty much unrelated story-wise and they're both 100+ hour games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the map itself, but both that and the compass is a problem. You want some sort of guide as it's just stupid without, but having them plastered all over the map to start is just too much.

I'll play both then I'd like to finally do the Ezio collection, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I played 20-25 and barely got near finishing the story and didn't see all the map but had a good enough time doing it. The map is incredible and I quite liked just pottering about watching people go through their routines from time to time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the map itself, but both that and the compass is a problem. You want some sort of guide as it's just stupid without, but having them plastered all over the map to start is just too much.

I'll play both then I'd like to finally do the Ezio collection, but we'll see.
    Your stubborness when it comes to doing literally everything of one thing as broadly as possible is something I've come to respect.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to elaborate?

Alexandria is stunning.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember what level I got to but I remember where I stopped in the story. Think I still had ages to go but it was fun.

I believe I've only completed two or three Arse Creeds though (II, Black Flag and maybe another).

Next one is meant to have a Norse setting and feature Vikings which would be pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boats, then?

I even enjoyed the little crocodile-dodging riverboats in Oranges.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Flag and it's pirate boat stuff was immense. Gimme some Norse shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to elaborate?

Alexandria is stunning.
    Not a dig. I'm just the opposite of someone who would 100% anything and could never play a sequel back to back. Resident Evil 2 is probably my Game of the Year and I couldn't even bring myself to do the B Campaign.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to Level 12 now and finished the first set of Assassination missions.

Alexandria is without a doubt the most stunning and stunningly realised area I've ever seen in a game. From walking the amazingly detailed streets, to climbing the Lighthouse, all against the backdrop of the great pyramids in the distance it's just phenomenal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I imagine there were a load of people who had a grumble at the scale but to those people I say get a grip, because as you say the view from the Lighthouse is stunning.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on it until 5am this morning.

This is all a bit gushing and there are so many things just slightly offf with the rpg elements, but the world itself, fucking hell, if there's an experience that brings you closer to being in ancient Egypt than this I'd love to see it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only Ubisoft bothered to do anything else with these worlds rather than binning them after every game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Museum Mode was quite an interesting idea.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked that as part of doing the museum mode thing that they actually helped develop hieroglyphic translation tools as well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My third attempt to play this and probably the one I've enjoyed the most so far. Up to level 20, but clearing out every area (bar the scrolls) before I move on. The World they've created, while a tad lifeless, remains unreal to look at, even five years on.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think the world looks busy if you don't stop and look at it too much, like if you're just paddling down the Nile and seeing the brewers out by their round things and merchants knocking about and whatever.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closing in on level 40 and the end game I believe. This is actually pretty good.