105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did that, he was brilliant.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-4 now and if I was 10% better I could be 5-2.

Only been outclassed in one game, the opener.

Dembele is a legend. Two winners so far.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First day is always the hardest with matchmaking too, that’s a respectable place to be.

Also, it seems less sweaty than Div Rivals this year in comparison to Seasons/DKO vs Fut Champs in previous years.

Probably won’t get much time on it this weekend as at a wedding today, so I’ll see if I can scrape a Gold 2 finish from 20-22 games over tomorrow night and Monday night. Need a solid 6 hours on Monday really.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up getting to this:

Gave it a test last night and it worked alright. Nice to have a bit more muscle up front. Unfortunately Costa doesn't feel great. I'm not sure if it's the chemistry issue, but if it is, I didn't nearly think it would affect him this much.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev, you can practice penalties in the practice arena.

Gray, I do not think the issue will be Costa's chemistry. I have never noticed a difference with players on 7 chem.

I am currently 5-2 in this weekend league. Very pleased so far and my last game was a 7-1 win.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Sandro as soon as you can. He’s a beast.

Also, if you don’t get on with Willian, I’m finding Douglas Costa more effective than Mbappe. Which is most surprising. He’s not Sane level of productivity but he just seems to ghost into goal scoring positions really effectively.

Edit: just noticed you have Costa at RW. Interested to see how you find them both as I’ve also considered IF Willian.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, two 4-2 losses on the bounce in games I was never really in takes me to 3-6.

Massive game this as a win and I'd be pretty happy to be 4-6 (better than I expected at least), whereas 3-7 would be a tad disappointing after the first 7 games.

And you're right on the sweat Merse, haven't played a single high pressing wanker so far, just people who're genuinely good at the game and no problem taking defeats to them.

I need a better team though, that much has become clear. 8 of the 9 sides I've faced have been objectively better than mine, most by some margin.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My penalty arrow had disappeared.

Also where is the casual seasons in online FUT? Champs and Rivals and super competative. Ive looked for online seasons but i cant find it in the menu. Please tell me it is still here?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure rivals replaces a combination of that and DKT it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there isn't a casual mode any more unfortunately.

Division Rivals has combined seasons and the DKT. Division 4 seems to be a sweet spot for it too, so guess where the best players are preferring to hang out? Last week I found the Weekend League more fun than Rivals. We'll see how this week goes. I've not played a game yet.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    My penalty arrow had disappeared.
    It's never available in FutChamps though, right?

Won the 10th game to go 4-6 and it was the best game so far. Came back from 1-0 down to go 3-1 with 75 minutes gone. He gets a goal back where I swear I tackled Aubameyang about three times and the ball just kept bouncing back to him, then with a minute to go I have a goal kick and shitting myself as to what to do. He's beavearing around my defence so I punt it long for Rabiot, who can't control it, he breaks and scores in the last seconds to make it 3-3. Into extra time I hit the post before he scores a sublime goal with Aubameyang. Thinking fuck this I go all out attack and bring on Schweinsteiger, Lucas and Nakajima. I break and Lucas whips it in for Nakajima to head the equaliser. We pour forward again in the dying seconds (I'm losing on penalties, so no point not to at this stage) and Nakajima curls a stonker into the top corner for the winner, the beautiful little bastard.

Bronze 1 secured.

I need a lie down.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. D4 is horrendous. D5 tolerable, FUT Champs has oddly become light relief.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah

Will be interested to see if you’re hooked after rewards.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    @Yevrah

Will be interested to see if you’re hooked after rewards.
    It's been immensely enjoyable so far (as you can probably tell....), the best fun I've ever had on FIFA probably - I'm punching the air when I score, not too pissed off when I concede because the people I'm playing aren't sweating the shit out of it with absolute wanker tactics and when Nakajima got that winner I literally lept off the sofa in delight.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be getting ahead of myself here, but are the player pick packs for the silver rewards the same for each rank?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Might be getting ahead of myself here, but are the player pick packs for the silver rewards the same for each rank?
    Silver 1 and above can pull any card. The only differences being the number of packs you get and the number of player choices you get.

Silver 2 and below you can only pull a maximum 84 rated player.

https://www.fifauteam.com/fut-champi...wards-fifa-19/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Pretty sure rivals replaces a combination of that and DKT it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Yeah there isn't a casual mode any more unfortunately.

Well thats the bullshit. Only way to play casual is seasons with your friends list. Wtf

It's never available in FutChamps though, right?
    Is this 100% fact?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats the bullshit. Only way to play casual is seasons with your friends list. Wtf

Is this 100% fact?
    Yes, that is fact.

I am not sure what I make of rivals. Receiving the weekly rewards in a large lump sum is nice because I seem to be able to build up my coins quickly but I have been in division 5 since launch and never once looked like being relegated / promoted. I feel like I don't have much to aim for with rivals.
    Last edited by Boom-Boom-18; 03-11-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-7 and think I'm getting a bit fatigued now.

Lost the 11th game 1-0, which was a bit of a shitfest. I felt like the better player throughout, but things just weren't clicking and I couldn't break through. At about 80 minutes went very attacking and it backfired as he scored on the break to seal the win.

Next game and I meet my first high pressing wanker and school him beautifully. 75 minutes of slog in which he scores once, but with 15 to go I turn the tables, bring on some fresh legs and press the shit out of him with a 3-5-2 and we run out 3-1 winners.

I even dabbed at the end.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback Gotze.

If he isn't weak as piss he might just fit my side.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    71 strength, meh.

I do like the idea of the Flashbacks though, they use it well on MUT.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they removed online singles match too? That was the casual game in the last FIFA

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    71 strength, meh.

I do like the idea of the Flashbacks though, they use it well on MUT.
    His stamina is a bit shit as well. Might work as a CAM, but not very useful in central midfield I don't think.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good rant from Nepenthez here on Icons and other wank SBC's.

For those who have been following this, EA have clearly flipped a switch on his account when they saw he'd be doing a first owner run.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided against Gotze, but sold Martinez and Sule for 10k each.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0 start again. I think it was laggy gameplay that made Costa feel sluggish. Today he's been electric. Firmino has really allowed me to hold up the ball better. Such a reliable finish too.

The new formation is really allowing me to pressure and pen people in. I've only noted 2 issues so far. 1 is that Allan is more of a jack of all trades in this role, but I think a more pure box-to-box type is needed. Another Matuidi type would be amazing. The other is Costas finishing. He's missed 2 sitters already and they were on him, not me.

Going to need to push a big session out later to try and get my games in.

I've also noticed what might have been my penalty problem. I missed 7 in-game ones in a row. The taker as he runs up, seems to turn his head towards the side you have placed it, unless you switch it about during the run up. I got a pen before and switched at the very last second. Sure enough the keeper dived the way I was originally intending.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you do that pressing filth you do Fox?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First proper humping, losing 5-0 to go 5-8.

Seriously fatigued now. I don't know how people do this every week and hold down a life and a job. It's nuts.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First proper humping, losing 5-0 to go 5-8.

Seriously fatigued now. I don't know how people do this every week and hold down a life and a job. It's nuts.
    Imagine what it was like when it was 40 games. I finished my first weekend league a couple of weeks ago and I felt like I had spent my whole weekend on FIFA, certainly don't fancy doing it every weekend but the rewards are good and it's a nice way to track improvement.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three sets of rewards this week is giving me the horn.

I'd be better if I stopped now and I'm not playing more than 15 today, but the opportunity to hit Silver 3 with one win in the next two is appealing. Alternatively a 5-10 record would be a bit pants.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Imagine what it was like when it was 40 games. I finished my first weekend league a couple of weeks ago and I felt like I had spent my whole weekend on FIFA, certainly don't fancy doing it every weekend but the rewards are good and it's a nice way to track improvement.
    I only did 40 once but that's because it was extended by a day IIRC.

Absolute hell.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you bothering at all this year Mahow?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to.

I'm just finding MUT so much more enjoyable this year.

I keep making squads (here's the latest) hoping that it will drag me in but it has yet to do so. I've done some SBC's as well.

Hopefully next week I'll find some time and just start in the hopes that it sparks something.

Edit: That Nepenthez video is pretty damning. Especially as the MUT team are doing a much better job of actually communicating with people and changing things that aren't working. They're not perfect but they're trying hard and it's coming off like they actually care.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three sets of rewards this week is giving me the horn.

I'd be better if I stopped now and I'm not playing more than 15 today, but the opportunity to hit Silver 3 with one win in the next two is appealing. Alternatively a 5-10 record would be a bit pants.
    You have to hit at least silver 3. There's a big difference between bronze 1 and silver 3.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I only did 40 once but that's because it was extended by a day IIRC.

Absolute hell.
    When I was single I used to 40 every single weekend. Fitting around nights out, rugby and football excursions and the like was stressful.

30, were I single, would be a piece of piss. Now I just settle for Gold 2 and try to do it in 25 games or less.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gotze SBC is actually fairly affordable. Been stockpiling Bundesliga players which helped mind.

Had to throw in Ribery and Kimmich into the SBC but I'll wait until after the promo to buy them back. Packed Sane in the Mega pack so I'm up coins as well.

The only issue with investing so much in untradeables is their longevity. As attacking players usually get in forms more often, Reus and Gotze could be surpassed in a couple months as I'm not sure they're 'end game' ready.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you do that pressing filth you do Fox?
    I tend to use formations that have either a CAM or 3 men in the middle. I try to select the former, as they are usually fast, then chase the ball about with that player. If I switch it's to a CDM usually and hope to close down the edge of the area.

Previous years I'd continue to back off and invite the long shot, but not this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done for the day on Fut Champions.

Was 5-8 and played the one more game:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might stream a bit on Monday night for the first time, inspired by Yev. Would also like to play him and Fox and anyone else on Xbone it up for it though I’ve not been able to play PvP connections on fifa in previous versions so not sure if that’s going to work.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't realise you were on Xbox Merse. Would be up for that and would be keen to watch either you or Fox stream.

Talking of streaming, I didn't want to do it while playing FutChamps (can't take the pressure), but on now:

https://mixer.com/Chemical_Locust

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for a game. Just got to get these games out the way first.

Losing the Friday was annoying, as with being on lates Monday I have very little time. As such I'll likely have to play 10 games tonight.

After my 5-0 start last week I basically went 13-11. Hopefully with the upgrades this week, I'll turn one or two of those losses into wins.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be keen to see how we match up. Me and Fox have similar fut Champs records IIRC but I get the feeling we might ply very differently. I’m quite the purist and get a lot of abuse from very meta players - I don’t skill, I don’t use the typical ‘exploita’ Of game mechanics and have spent twenty years on fifa basically trying to be wengers wet dream of pass and move circa 1998.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played some more as I felt I was playing good FIFA.

I'm now 9-3. One loss was infuriating. I lost 4-0. He has Neuer in goal. Saved at least 6 shots I expected to score, then I conceded as I pushed on. The next loss was 1-0. I had a memorable chance where I kept pushing the ball to the right then knocked one around the keeper. Fell to Costa, just inside the box on the right, open goal infront of him, but he took it on his right and missed. To add insult, my opponent later scored in an almost repeat of my should be goal.

Last game was the most heartbreaking. This was similar to my 4-0 loss earlier with the ball just not going in. However he had Mbappe and blitzed me over and over on the counter. At 3-1 with 15 mins left I went all-out and pulled off the miracle to go 3-3. Then in extra time, his Mbappe out-jumped Dalbert at the back post with a header that imo should never have gone in.

I've stopped to avoid a full on tilt. 18 games remaining and going 8-10 in those will see me into Gold 2, which has to be the aim. The most frustrating thing is that I could really be 11-1 here.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im currently 14-6. Three of those losses, are games I feel I should have won. My best victory was a guy who just passed around on the edge of my box. He was 2-0 up in the first half. My tactic is to get 11 men behind the ball and to defend. He ended up losing 6-2 after I kept my wide men on stay forward. Every goal was a swift counter after he tried some unnecessary skill move on my 18-yard box instead of shooting the ball.

In the weekend league. You can't pick who you want to take penalties during a shoot-out? It just puts you straight in.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im building a hatred for players with yellow hair or mohawks. Radja and especially that Brazilian 84 rated IF can both fuck off

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the weekend league. You can't pick who you want to take penalties during a shoot-out? It just puts you straight in.
    Nope. I understand the arrow being off as a kind of skill gap thing, but seeing your opponent have all their attacking players take one when your full-back rocks up is irritating.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im building a hatred for players with yellow hair or mohawks. Radja and especially that Brazilian 84 rated IF can both fuck off
    Talisca?

I sold up again heading into the weekend. Kane and Valencia making me a small profit and Pogba a small loss. I expect the latters price to fall (its already over 30k down from what I sold him for!) so figured I would minimize the loss and get back in on him later. At some point I am going to have to accept I will lose money on these big names and just deal with it!

Almost 1.7m in the bank with 6 OTW Lemars.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the big names, I'm going in when the Black Friday crash happens and if I like the players I buy I'll be keeping them.

I'll lose a shitload, but it's so easy to make coins in this version that it'll be fun building them back up again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think thats my plan. Pogba and Kante are down like 30k today from yesterday

Did you buy Matthaus? You could run a 352/532 formation to get him in the side and in game switch to get him in midfield.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't, largely because (he's such a bad centre back) I can't see him going up in price.

Looked at how I'd fit him in and the best bet to keep the team I have would be to buy Matuidi and then swap the two in game. But that will all change when the crash comes so I've left it for now.