Page 193 of 581 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,650 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    He's actually managed a rare double loss on this. It's too slow because, well, we're leaving lockdown without a functioning app AND it's rushed because, well, we're leaving lockdown without a fucking app.

Vapid cunt.
    Isn't 'having an app' a complete waste of time anyway as the uptake will be pitiful?

It's a just a shiny modern thing people like the sound of, but in reality you need actual people doing actual boring work with pens and other mundane anachronistic shit to make 'track and trace' work

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Isn't 'having an app' a complete waste of time anyway as the uptake will be pitiful?

It's a just a shiny modern thing people like the sound of, but in reality you need actual people doing actual boring work with pens and other mundane anachronistic shit to make 'track and trace' work
    Go on your phone. Settings > google. Its probably already on there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would the uptake be pitiful?

It seems to have been pretty key in the countries that have actually done weqll with this. Or South Korea atleast. That said, if the qualifying line is 'spending more than 5 minutes within 2 meters of someone that tests positive' or whatever it is, then the current set up is ok(ish) but how it works when things start reopening I don't know.

'Errr, yea, there was a bloke at the table next to me outside Starbucks that was a little bit close for a while. Blue t-shirt.'

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would at least give them a window into regional trends, you don't need full uptake to get enough data to track outbreaks and introduce measures in specific areas.

I concede that I may have just given it more thought than the minister in charge.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Why would the uptake be pitiful?

It seems to have been pretty key in the countries that have actually done weqll with this. Or South Korea atleast. That said, if the qualifying line is 'spending more than 5 minutes within 2 meters of someone that tests positive' or whatever it is, then the current set up is ok(ish) but how it works when things start reopening I don't know.

'Errr, yea, there was a bloke at the table next to me outside Starbucks that was a little bit close for a while. Blue t-shirt.'
    I was going off the experience in Singapore where I think it worked a lot less well than they hoped, although I think their problem might have been that reasonably large sections of their society (migrant underclass) didn't have access to smartphones and they were the ones living ten to a room and merrily infecting each other.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going off the experience in Singapore where I think it worked a lot less well than they hoped, although I think their problem might have been that reasonably large sections of their society (migrant underclass) didn't have access to smartphones and they were the ones living ten to a room and merrily infecting each other.
    Possibly. I think bar the oldies (that shouldn't be out anyway) and the conspiracy nuts (that are alot more pervasive than I realised), most people would play ball.

Well, play ball with installing the app anyway. How many would stay home if they received an alert is a different matter.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd install it but it still all goes off coronavirus symtpoms rather than cast-iron cases. Not only do you need someone to install and use it, but you need that person to have the sense of book themselves in for a test. I'm assuming the app has hooks for that, mind.

Also, I bet this is really, really good for trolling.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be just forced on everyone.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to explain to my parents how it works.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will just leave my phone at home. Not that I use it much anyway.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    England deaths are rising from last week. Shut the borders.

+1 for shut the borders.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no border.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr President. Build that wall.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One's already there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but we need one around the Midlands.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one , don't want fucking capita to process my details for track and trace.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do G4S have a data processing wing?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First he has an issue with CCTV and now this.

What are you hiding, Keeks?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I for one , don't want fucking capita to process my details for track and trace.
    Oof. Atos mustn't have put a bid in.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Scotland numbers are a bit shit when they have fewer people to start with and barely anyone brown or over sixty. They're barely able to test anyone as well.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    81% of the US deaths are black which is one hell of a bleak stat.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    England deaths are rising from last week. Shut the borders.
    But I'm not one of them. Woo! I am finally out, I just gotta wait until Sunday now as I can't risk the train again so socially distancing whilst driving 300 miles back home should be interesting which in turn brings me too.....

I'm with Jimmy on all this latest stuff with regards to Cummings and this botch job with Boris Johnson. I am more convinced than ever that it's going to go tits up and very quickly too. I'm no conspiracy theorist but I read this and was worried.

On the plus side though, football as of the 17th. Enough time for Arsenal to beat City, us to beat Everton then the game gets closed again because it's so obvious what is going to happen in this country in my opinion. I have a really bad feeling about it all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I'm no conspiracy theorist but I read this [by a conspiracy theorist] and was worried.'

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy, Lewis. You've hardly covered yourself in glory these past few pages. You might be proven wrong.

Again.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come out of this as a staunch anti-Cummings hawk, it seems. You see, Lewis? It's all about managing the story.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Easy, Lewis. You've hardly covered yourself in glory these past few pages. You might be proven wrong.

Again.
    He's a well-known idiot who calls everyone he doesn't like Nazis and thinks the TaxPayers' Alliance sits at the centre of a global fascist conspiracy.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I've come out of this as a staunch anti-Cummings hawk, it seems. You see, Lewis? It's all about managing the story.
    The only [other] person who has let the side down is Steve Baker. Everyone else breaking ranks has definite MELT tendencies.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's a Brexit thing.....but I couldn't give a hoot what he done for Brexit or for Boris's BS campaign but I am convinced, almost certain, that the GE result was solely because of Brexit and people wanting to move on from it, certainly up my area because we just couldn't keep Labour in giving we were probably on of the biggest areas for leaving the EU and their version of it (whatever that was) is/was bollocks. Keir Starmer and Labour aren't any better but for me all they have to do now is ride the next few years out (if it even gets to 2024(?)) and then they'll be back in by default. I still don't see it as over with regards to Cummings and co.

Personally, I don't think I have a party or allegience to any of them. Public are gullible fuckers in that a few good words then that's the next PM, that's how much we scrape the barrel. My right honour friend Rishi Sunak was the next PM, now he's hated and will be even more so in the next month when the layoffs start. Keir Starmer is PM material because he asked a decent first question on PMQ's for Christ sake.

Bonkers the whole thing but I believe it's going to come crashing down and I base that on public mood.

Right now though I'm more angry at Boris than Cummings, DC just broke a rule but Boris has shown himself to be so far from a leader this that he needs go. For me that's where the focus should be, not on Cummings.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    He's a well-known idiot who calls everyone he doesn't like Nazis and thinks the TaxPayers' Alliance sits at the centre of a global fascist conspiracy.
    It's more how closely linked everything is. Same with this Dido Harding etc. We know Government is corrupt, they are all but something doesn't feel right about any of this.

Did you watch the Committee Meeting at all yesterday?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try not to watch any of it. But yes, how deep does it go?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The only [other] person who has let the side down is Steve Baker. Everyone else breaking ranks has definite MELT tendencies.
    Doesn't he hate the Domster due to not being offered a good (enough) job when Boris first got in?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    You're not kidding. I have been struggling for a little while with my health but I was trying to resolve said issues before fucking it off and moving away again but for the last 2/3 weeks maybe I've been having sharp chest pains, hearts been racing even if I do very little and difficulty breathing, mostly in the evenings but it seemed to come and go. I just put things down to not working and not moving much plus the stress of not knowing how I am going to pay my bills etc. I got as far as Truro a few days ago and collapsed. Maybe it as lugging my suitcases around or whatever but I don't remember too much.

The last place I wanted to be is in a hospital though tbf it's not too bad here as I was informed later that they have separate wards for Covid stuff but aye, I got a little scared hence the post.

I should be out in a day or two but thanks for your words chaps.
    Was it a panic attack, Smiff? You were on the train?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bollocks. It's just another effort to quieten things down.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was never going to last that long anyway, and he definitely isn't now. He's there to deliver Brexit and it's easy to forget he donned the entire Remain movement out of their skins at least twice, maybe three times in order to do so.

Remember when Lady Hale delivered her 'game changer' with the ruling and the shitty brooch? He saw her off.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Was it a panic attack, Smiff? You were on the train?
    I don't know if I am honest, the lass at Cornwall Royal actually mentioned panic/anxiety attack whatever but I honestly couldn't tell you. I've never had one as far as I am concerned. The last couple of weeks or the pains have come and gone, heart races even if I just walk down the stairs or something and the breathing difficulties actually tend to arrive in the evening as opposed to being an all day thing but I have had a few moments where my heart has been going like the clappers and I'm trying to breathe and throwing up at the same time but just bile more than anything and that's unpleasant, I can sort of cope with the breathing bit as I focus on it and do the pursed lip stuff but it's impossible when you're throwing up because that acid reflux thing that comes up.

I think if I actually got on the train then I don't want to sound dramatic but I think I might be dead already. For lack of a better word, "thankfully", it was as I was walking to it. Even so, I shouldn't be struggling just lugging around my luggage. I'll go seek further help when I actually get back, it's impossible for me here.

That's the last I really want to say on it all really. I told RL that I don't care if I die a few months ago, I think I was wrong. I do care and it wasn't a very experience. ( fucking eyes)

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was never going to last that long anyway, and he definitely isn't now. He's there to deliver Brexit and it's easy to forget he donned the entire Remain movement out of their skins at least twice, maybe three times in order to do so.

Remember when Lady Hale delivered her 'game changer' with the ruling and the shitty brooch? He saw her off.
    He's been behind the scenes way before Brexit, hasn't he? I found this was a good little watch in regards to Cummings. Quite enjoying this DDN lot too.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't he hate the Domster due to not being offered a good (enough) job when Boris first got in?
    I don't know. They seemed to like (or at least respect, which counts as like) each other originally, but I think Cummings went along with thinking that Baker and the Brexit legends constantly donning Theresa May would make remain more likely, which was obviously wrong (and was obvious at the time). So probably a bit of that and Baker thinking he should be a big noise in government yes.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dom hates the 'Brexit legends' because they made a phenomenal effort at fucking up the referendum (and if they had had their way and DC had been fired in the January, Remain would have won with like 56%).

Similarly, they hate him for having taken them off the telly during the campaign and blogged 50,000 words calling them vapid cunts since.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see we can now meet another household up to a total group of 6 now, as long as we're 2m apart. I thought they were going to reduce it to 1.5m? Either way it's a big relief for me, should hopefully allow me to put my life back on track.

Also really interested to see the impact of Waff's lot making it 8. That's a 33.33% increase! Going for that NR R number.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meeting a Scotsman is only 75% as enjoyable as meeting an English person. It's the same number expressed differently.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dom hates the 'Brexit legends' because they made a phenomenal effort at fucking up the referendum (and if they had had their way and DC had been fired in the January, Remain would have won with like 56%).

Similarly, they hate him for having taken them off the telly during the campaign and blogged 50,000 words calling them vapid cunts since.
    If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be getting a worthwhile Brexit, so it's 1-1.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can Household A meet Household B, who are meeting Household C, and therefore have 18 people meeting?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really depends on spacing. If they keep to 2m, no, but if you increase to 4m (2^2) A is allowed into the frame. Ultimately, it's about common sense and whether household A need their hearing checked by listening to the interactions of B and C.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they keep making these announcements to go from Monday? Another weekend of no family for those that are stupid enough to stick to the rules.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like if you really stick to the letter of the law, you can visit someone's garden but not use their crockery/cutlery or go to the loo inside, etc.

I think that might be where my law-abiding nature reaches its natural threshold.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I even get to someone's back garden without going through their house?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean your friends don't all have front gardens and/or paths leading down the side of the house to the back garden? Peasant.

It is of course bollocks. The government isn't making the rules, it's merely pretending to keep up with the general populace.

In 3 weeks time they'll announce indoor visits ignoring that we'll all be doing it by then anyway.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green light to do the hell what you want.

Going to be back to normal this weekend for most, whether the government want that or not.

I’m just happy I can hack my way around a golf course again, starting this evening and continuing on Sunday.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I don’t even have a garden.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    He said you can.

He also said you could use their bathroom but have to wipe down everything you touch. Don't forget to bleach your cock.

The scientific advisor didn't took too happy about most of what he said, mind.