54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid early access like the plague.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last one I did was DayZ (which was a complete flop) but for this I'm in immediately. I've put a frankly embarrassing amount of time into the previous two and even if the base game is underwhelming the modding community for Mount & Blade is such that you'll never run out of stuff to try. I'm expecting jank though, but it's almost part of the charm in something like this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finally calling it quits on GTR. I have no engine noise and the sensitivity on the throttle and brake is way too daft, even when I've toned it down. I can't use the CD key to get a steam version so I'm just going to completely write that game off.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm enjoying Forza 7, it throws up some interesting combos. I'm currently practicing Bathurst in an old AM prototype, the trip across the mountain is terrifying but the car is so wide I don't think it will matter.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I'm finally calling it quits on GTR. I have no engine noise and the sensitivity on the throttle and brake is way too daft, even when I've toned it down. I can't use the CD key to get a steam version so I'm just going to completely write that game off.
    I tried GT Legends a couple of years ago and I couldn't get it to run properly. Shame.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have started playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 the last couple of days. Really enjoying it so far. Seems really easy to pick up an play.

One question for anyone who has played a fair bit - what are the credits for? I see you get the as rewards for challenges etc and I think I ha e 91,000 now, but cant see anything they are useful for?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they've remastered CoD:MW2 yet someone decided to do only the campaign. Apparently it is available tomorrow. £25 though. Yuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    So they've remastered CoD:MW2 yet someone decided to do only the campaign. Apparently it is available tomorrow. £25 though. Yuck.
    Have you played the new Call of Duty? It's the best they've done since original MW.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just nabbed a friends GT in order to game share. I have the new one installing even with all of its 140GB ridiculousness.

I expect it to go very badly. I've not played a CoD since Ghosts.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I'm enjoying Forza 7, it throws up some interesting combos. I'm currently practicing Bathurst in an old AM prototype, the trip across the mountain is terrifying but the car is so wide I don't think it will matter.
    If you need any help with that game,let me know,im a rather promiment member of that particular community and know everything there is to know about that game.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest MW is great. U have zero interest in MW2 campaign. Now the multiplayer is a different story.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking love Nate Crowley and his R3MAK3: Resident Evil 3 - The Remake! review has some belters.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/202...evil-3-review/

[The Nemesis is] teased in the opening FMV sequence, and I assumed he was going to be a late-game boss monster of some kind. But then, right near the start of the game, about the time I was expecting a tutorial sequence, he smashed through a wall in a moment of pure “guess what, now this is happening”, and began the bruting. The tutorial was his fists.
    an implausibly wide, angry torso, lumbering round after you like something conjured by burning a stack of Wrestlemania VHS tapes inside a pentagram.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MW2 Remastered Campaign is now available. PS4 only for 30 days...

Fuck exclusivity.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Titanfall 2 campaign finished and it was absolutely great. Loads of run and a surprisingly emotional moment near the end too.

Onto Day of the Tentacle now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing Sonic Mania. Three zones in and it's definitely what a good 2D sonic should be.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't finish that but I enjoyed what I played of it.

I have started and given up on Day of the Tentacle. It's funny, which I like, but like many adventure games of the era it expects you to complete puzzles using a logic it doesn't entirely explain to you at times, or work towards objectives you don't quite know you have and just try to combine all items with other items and people and it's frustrating. Ah well. A shame. I liked the wine puzzle.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoutsonik View Post
    If you need any help with that game,let me know,im a rather promiment member of that particular community and know everything there is to know about that game.
    If you could have Sebring and Yas Marina removed from the game entirely that would be great.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with Sebring?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    If you could have Sebring and Yas Marina removed from the game entirely that would be great.
    Yas Marina i will give you but Sebring is ace. I take it your issue is the track limits. You are lucky cause FM7 has defined track limits rather than FM6 where you could have 4 wheels in the grass on some tracks and your laptime wouldn't be invalidated.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very bad at Sebring is the thing, I'm mainly racing AI but I always struggle far more there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0 coming to PS Plus next week.

And I've went back to GTR purely as a hotlap thing. I've changed the deadzone to counter the sensitivity and I landed 1:48 around Catalunya in an NG-T. Fastest lap in the actual race was 1:45. Managable.
    Last edited by Shindig; 02-04-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have got the whole Uncharted series free from there now

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A moment of silence for all waiting for The Last of Us 2.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just what we need to take our minds off this pandemic.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    In really ebjyoubg warzone right now. Im staying up until 3 am in the morning on a school night to play it. I haven't done that since GTA Vice City
    Same, without staying up to 3am

I didnt buy the game but got involved in the BR as I enjoy that style of game. Got a C4 triple kill off a roof today

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played a chunk of A Short Hike today.

Gosh it's lovely. Just pootling about a sunny island doing random stuff mooching about.

God I miss the outside.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm legitimately thinking about coasting round the Isle of Man TT course at legal speeds to gawp at the villages. And loading up Train Sim World and walking from station to station.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone play the NBA 2k games? I play 2k18, but the servers have been turned off. Was going to get a new one but the reviews of both 2k19 and 2k20 are fucking awful. Anyone played them?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early impressions of Bannerlord are very positive, it's obviously still early access and there's plenty of rough edges to smooth and content to add but as a starting point it's pretty good. I've not got to the point of actually owning any settlements, I think I'll save that for when they've balanced/curtailed the AI a little.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Telltale Borderlands game is funny. The most lighthearted of their games that I've played and it does make a difference.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads my PS4 pro seems a little fucked. It won't boot, just blinks blue (which is apparently a bad sign). Tried all the trouble-shooting guides I could find ("restart it", basically) except opening it up and readjusting the hard drive which some said (i don't understand how to open it up).

It's weird, just from one day to another, was working perfectly two days ago and since then it's just been sitting there, and now this

What do I do?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried changing the power cable?

I had a problem with mine a few months ago and that sorted it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm yeah I did now, same thing. I can get it started into Safe mode (sometimes) but whatever I do from there seems to try to restart it and then put it back into the same state (just blinking blue).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Does anyone play the NBA 2k games? I play 2k18, but the servers have been turned off. Was going to get a new one but the reviews of both 2k19 and 2k20 are fucking awful. Anyone played them?
    I've got 20. Haven't done any of the FUT stuff, but the rest of it is alright.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Lads my PS4 pro seems a little fucked. It won't boot, just blinks blue (which is apparently a bad sign). Tried all the trouble-shooting guides I could find ("restart it", basically) except opening it up and readjusting the hard drive which some said (i don't understand how to open it up).

It's weird, just from one day to another, was working perfectly two days ago and since then it's just been sitting there, and now this

What do I do?
    The hard drive thing is easy. I have the pro but it was literally pop a panel off take out a screw and pull. Should be easy to do.

If you can get to safe mode though it sounds like it could be resolution/tv related. Try a new HDMI?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, actually, also didnt work. When I tried booting it up this morning a loading screen came up saying ’checking system storage’ and then it all restared and went back to just blinking blue.

Bit clueless.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried all of that. Checked the hard drive this morning, seemed firmly in place but i took it out and slotted it back in anyway, still nothing.

Tried connecting it straight to a LAN cable and downloading a system update in Safe Mode - which it did (407MB) - but then restarted to launch it and back to the Blue light (of death, apparently).

So I took it to the vendor for repair. I'm a little baffled, as it seemingly stopped working by just standing there. Worked on friday, suddenly didn't work on sunday. Been switched off properly. Haven't touched it in between.

It's only about 8 months old as well, so I can't see it being too much wear and tear.

I was just getting close to the end of Horizon Zero Dawn as well, and I'll likely lose all data now so will have to re-download everything. Was really starting to enjoy that as well, but I think it will be a bit of a massive effort to re-star the whole damn thing from the start (also means goodbye NG+ for Witcher 3, but that I can live without I think).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems a weird thing to type but the way people die in Bannerlord is so good, the ragdoll is just dramatic enough to make taking some nerd off their horse look great without pinwheeling them across the map. Enemies also grab/clutch at arrows or javelins when hit which is a small thing but makes the battles that much more immersive. They've also done some serious work on the environments, some of the desert style cities look really nice.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks nice. Was going to say it'd be nice if it was busier but it's still early access right?

Also only when reading up a little about this did I learn that Mount and Blade aren't primarily multiplayer. God knows what I was thinking of. Is it quite story-driven?

That you're as into it as you are suggests it might be a touch strategy-y for me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more of a sandbox, there are a couple of 'story' quests but the main meat of the game is building up your party by recruiting soldiers and building up your reputation at which point you can join a faction or start your own by taking a town/castle. You move about the overworld with lots of other parties/ armies and fight battles in first/third person. There's obviously an element of strategy to ordering your guys around but you're fighting at the same time so it often just descends into chaos. I'm currently doing a cavalry only build so there's a million guys galloping around pinging arrows about. I'll get murdered in a siege or a tight map but in the open it's great fun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played through the original (1993) Doom over the last couple of days as I noticed it had been ported to the PS4. It's probably the most notable franchise in gaming to have completely passed me by over the years, and it was about three quid, so I thought "why not?". I've got time on my hands.

I really enjoyed it too. The level design was mostly ace, although some of the puzzles (mainly ones involving various teleportation squares and what angles you approach them from to get to the desired destination) got a bit tedious towards the end. The final chapter was also inexplicably about 500% harder than the previous three too, to the point of just feeling a bit cheap in places. But other than that, I loved it.

I'm on with Doom 2 now. I'm only a few missions in but it effectively just feels like more of the same game, except now I've got a double-barrel version of the shotgun that has maybe the most satisfying firing/reload noise and animation combo in any game I've ever played.

I can't even explain why, it's just a thing of beauty.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're both cracking games that hold up nearly 30 years on, which can't be said for many things.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Made it to Silver on Street Fighter.

Some proper intense matches lately. Love this game.
    Decided to try a new character (being using exclusively Ryu up to this point). Tried Chun Li first, and only won two out of over thirty matches, dropping me 1000+ LPs. Tried Sagat next and it hasn't been much better, really, but it is fun playing as him so I will stick to it.

Winning matches due to the time running out.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a look to see which characters are in Street Fighter V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(Final_Fight)

Oh hey, Japan.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Titanfall 2 campaign finished and it was absolutely great. Loads of run and a surprisingly emotional moment near the end too.

Onto Day of the Tentacle now.
    Titanfall 2 was amazing, really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I started playing Sonic Mania. Three zones in and it's definitely what a good 2D sonic should be.
    It's brilliant, real love letter to the originals, dlc worth picking up cheap.

I got Fallout 4 GOTY cheap because I didnt play the dlcs, started a new save where I have all the quality of life mods loaded and generally having a nice time faffing around in the commonwealth.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Just had a look to see which characters are in Street Fighter V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(Final_Fight)

Oh hey, Japan.
    Forgot:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume he's dangling from some sort of sex apparatus and has paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Titanfall 2 was amazing, really well done.
    Have you played the multiplayer? it's good but trying a game for the first time surrounded by players who've been on it for three years can be tricky.