User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will receive your vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theresa May's Conservatives

10 22.73%
  • Jeremy Corbyn's Labour

23 52.27%
  • Tim Farron's Liberal Democrats

3 6.82%
  • Paul Nuttall's UKIP

0 0%
  • 2 people's Greens

1 2.27%
  • Nicholas Durgeon's Scottish Nationalists

1 2.27%
  • Satan's Sinn Fein

0 0%
  • Dr Ian Paisley's DUP

0 0%
  • Some other bunch of nonces

2 4.55%
  • I'm foreign, but I wish I were an Englishman

4 9.09%
Page 191 of 261 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,550 of 13025

Thread: UK General Election 2017 - 8 June

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revolution.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shell triple profits now as well. I was thinking about this earlier when I saw that they'd knocked up petrol a couple of pence again overnight: maybe we should have gone the windfall tax route. Yes they probably would have found a way to claw it back from us (especially with a Government that is so aligned with them) but the only response so far was to knock 5p off fuel duty which is the infinitely worst move imaginable; we barely notice the savings at the pump (£2 a tank) and it's simultaneously costing the public purse billions.

Maybe the tax isn't the best way but these motherfuckers need regulating a lot more.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be general lack of understanding among all comers that when you have inflation profits go up and when you have mad inflation you get mad profits.

The reverse is obviously true for deflation.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inflation is 7%, not 300%. They're still using the same profiteering tactics. The whole industry is run by a cartel ffs. They cut production by 10m barrels a day (which in retrospect was way too much) and are purposely taking forever to ramp it back up; output is still 2.5m per day lower than this time two years ago when we were all sat at home. They got stung by running out of storage and having to pay people to take the oil off their hands so they've gone to the extreme opposite now.
    Last edited by Ben; 05-05-2022 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to vote this morning and everyone was treating me like royalty. Turns out that, living as I do at number 2, Aardvark Avenue, this makes me the #3 voter on the electoral roll in my area.

Anyway there were about 43 Lib Dems outside the polling station as they look to make headway in their battle to unseat Dominic Raab here at the next general election. In order to do this they have basically morphed into being more-Tory-than-the-Tories, in other words a bunch of toffee-nosed NIMBY cunts opposing all developments for any reason.

Fuck the Lib Dems, I voted residents.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Inflation is 7%, not 300%.
    Their costs will have gone up by a hell of a lot more than 7% and it doesn't take a 300% increase in inflation for profits to go up by the same percentage.

The argument would be better served if people understood this.

EDIT: It veers into "let's tax sales" territory if people don't.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 05-05-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Their costs will have gone up by a hell of a lot more than 7% and it doesn't take a 300% increase in inflation for profits to go up by the same percentage.

The argument would be better served if people understood this.

EDIT: It veers into "let's tax sales" territory if people don't.
    You're being entirely dismissive even when you're no expert yourself. Both BP and Shell reported profits way above expectations, which is an indicator they ran a higher profit margin in the first quarter because the analysts would understand how much production costs have increased. In addition, Shell have just confirmed they paid zero tax on North Sea production and BP have agreed to invest £18bn in North Sea production which is a sure-fire sign they know they need to be seen to be doing something before pressure on the gravy train builds too high.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    You're being entirely dismissive even when you're no expert yourself.
    I'm no expert on the inner workings of BP, but I do understand inflation and its relationship with profit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ffs I forgot it was polling day today. It's basically pointless bothering but I'll drag myself there at lunchtime.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'm no expert on the inner workings of BP, but I do understand inflation and its relationship with profit.
    I never said it's not related, but surely you can't just use "inflation" as your sole argument to explain away billions of pounds of profit which was way more than expected.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't someone think of the poor oil companies?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assembly elections in NI too. Sinn Fein likely to be the biggest party and set to be First Minister (Deputy First Minister is actually an equal post but the DUP will still be seething/probably won'taccept it and collapse everything). Also small chance that Alliance beat the DUP to be the second largest party which will really out the cat amongst the pigeons in terms of our political set up and who gets to be Deputy First Minister.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, shoot the oil execs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the traders driving the prices up too. We should be killing Mellin really.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to my local authority for ridding itself of all Tory councillors.

Losing Westminster is a biggie as well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the Tories got spanked last night. Hate to see it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of funny/sad how the media (including BBC) are scrambling to tell us Labour did shite outside of London. Absolutely obsessed. The Tories got the expected hiding, simple as that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll be giving Starmer the Corbyn treatment soon. Watch the Saville stuff get hammered come the general election. The fuckers need regulating.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the British media could make a comparison between Corbyn and Starmer ffs. And only the British public would fucking buy it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll lap it up. I was raised in Northfield, Birmingham. As working class a shithole as you're likely to find. During the general election all any of the fuckers would talk about was Corbyn's allegiance with the IRA der der der der. It's currently Tory (!!!) and in complete poverty. Oil prices and energy price hikes in the process of finishing everyone off. Well done, all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tory hold here, but Jimmy Savile could have been their MP and gone door to door raping all the old cunts grandkids and they'd still vote Tory.

The general sentiment seems to be "This government is terrible, but Labour would have been worse". I don't know how they could possibly be worse - and neither do they - but yeah.

Edit: upon closer inspection - the Tory cunts did lose 6 Councillors. We now have +4 Residents Association and +2 Lib Dems. To echo Jimmy, fuck the Lib Dems.

There's only 13 Councillors here, so the Tories have lost half of them. Not bad. Still zero Labour though
    Last edited by Spikey M; 06-05-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbyn would've been better on COVID. Less parties and Cheltenham festivals, I reckon. Would probably have spent the Ukraine conflict cosying up to Putin like he was a certified member of H Block, the blood thirsty hippy. So 1-1.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no denying that the results show Labour to be what it now is, the party of the educated urban middle class, rather than what so many wish it was.

Similarly they show the Tories to be the party of every twat, rich and poor, who rants about 'them lot' to no one in pubs. Results from my area due later and I expect the Tories to get absolutely bummed by the Lib Dems, possibly literally at the after-party too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the BBC says:

The Liberal Democrats have gained a net 57 council seats so far - the most of any party
    That makes it seem like very little is happening. There must be thousands of Councillors up for election, no?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Tories Lost 6 here, which is half of what they had and Tory Seats don't come much safer than round here.

It's just a shame the votes are flowing to the Lib Dems, who are the worst of the Conservatives and Labour in a smug little cunt box.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    When the BBC says:

That makes it seem like very little is happening. There must be thousands of Councillors up for election, no?
    It's only about a third of the country going to the polls and only half of those have reported so far.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do local elections in the UK still have about 5% turnout?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Do local elections in the UK still have about 5% turnout?
    I went at about 6pm, which you would expect to be peak time and there was 1 other person there. It's a small village, with alot of pensioners, so many of them will have gone during the day, but the turnout amongst the young / working people remains pathetic by the look of it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labour lost control of Hull to the Liberal Democrats. Based on that alone, this is basically about incumbents getting a booting rather than anybody going back to their constituencies and preparing for government. I wouldn't read too much into any of it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turnouts in Portsmouth ranged from eighteen(!) per cent to the low-forties in the bits filled with pensioners and twats still seething about that power cable business.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    Corbyn would've been better on COVID. Less parties and Cheltenham festivals, I reckon. Would probably have spent the Ukraine conflict cosying up to Putin like he was a certified member of H Block, the blood thirsty hippy. So 1-1.
    Corbyn would have been a nightmare on COVID, the man doesn't have a clue how to get things done and wouldn't have been able to get past the colossal sums involved to sign anything off.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ward result is in, Tory held on by five votes over the pervert Lib Dem. This was the only Tory hold within about ten miles, otherwise Lib Dems running riot across the whole council. Raab will lose his seat next time.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Corbyn himself breaking the rules with abandon (and is probably a low-level anti-vax mook)? Like everything else, John McDonnell would have been running it, which would have meant longer lockdowns and an NHS vaccine due some time in 2024.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of this will matter once Starmer is hanged for having had two mouthfuls of lamb bhuna and a swig of Kingfisher two years ago. Tory dominance for 20 more years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "They're all the same!"

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris Johnson is one of a kind. A political cartoon horrifically brought to life.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be peak Boris Johnson if the only resignation over all of this is a seething Starmer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think that would result in the best chance Labour have of winning the next GE.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all want The Ginger Growler in charge anyway.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Jim noted some time back, shrill women are poison at the ballot box. I don't know who would be the right leader to offer a better manifesto whilst being more electable but Starmer is uninspiring at the best of times, not accounting for the growing negatives sticking to him.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The phwoar factor outweighs any negatives.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It would be peak Boris Johnson if the only resignation over all of this is a seething Starmer.
    I will laugh my arse off if this happens.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Why Starmer's resignation increases the pressure on Boris Johnson.'
    *nothing happens*

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There's no more worlds to conquer." <Boris returns to his home planet>

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy bastards here have stopped for the night to resume counting again tomorrow morning. They only started this morning too as they don't do it on the night after the polls close here.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh. The footage doesn't half make Starmer look like a spare prick at a wedding.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starter’s a complete square. Get the growler in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sheer levels of incompetence to get backed into a corner like this are breathtaking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61383091

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has said he will quit if given a fine by Durham police for breaking lockdown rules.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd be better off without him. Labour aren't doing shit any time soon anyway but he's been largely hopeless from the get-go. Occasionally looks and talks like an actual opposition leader should but very infrequently and he immediately goes back to being shit anyway.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, he hasn't had much to oppose during Covid. I've no idea who's waiting in the wings, though. Tony Blair should do another stint.