User Tag List

Page 188 of 365 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,400 of 18247

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. I was trying to work out where the incentive for them is if they're just doing them on the Network but I suppose if it has a weekly two hour TV show then that's more coverage for them to promote more Takeovers on the Network.

Thus diluting the quality and probably starting to ruin everything that makes NXT good in the first place. Great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second hour of the first two episodes will be shown live on the Network btw.

USA will not move the final two episodes of Suits.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Probably. I was trying to work out where the incentive for them is if they're just doing them on the Network but I suppose if it has a weekly two hour TV show then that's more coverage for them to promote more Takeovers on the Network.

Thus diluting the quality and probably starting to ruin everything that makes NXT good in the first place. Great.
    This is the way Raw & Smackdown work now is it not? Do people even buy individual PPVs these days? Like you I'm expecting the quality to plummet, certainly if they start 'losing' to AEW and Vince decides to get involved. Left to its own devices it should still be ok, they have plenty of wrestlers to fill the extra half an hour or so of telly they need to make.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if it's still being run by the same people I actually think that second hour could or at least should be good. They're clearly high on Dijakovic, Priest and Dain just now, you've got the likes of Lee and Kushida not doing much yet and hopefully more Pete Dunne to come so they've definitely got the roster to fill out an extra once you add in the tag teams, some of the cannon fodder and in-development guys and the wimmins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    This is the way Raw & Smackdown work now is it not? Do people even buy individual PPVs these days? Like you I'm expecting the quality to plummet, certainly if they start 'losing' to AEW and Vince decides to get involved. Left to its own devices it should still be ok, they have plenty of wrestlers to fill the extra half an hour or so of telly they need to make.
    It's mainly hicks in the backwater with crap internet who actually buy PPVs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if it's still being run by the same people I actually think that second hour could or at least should be good. They're clearly high on Dijakovic, Priest and Dain just now, you've got the likes of Lee and Kushida not doing much yet and hopefully more Pete Dunne to come so they've definitely got the roster to fill out an extra once you add in the tag teams, some of the cannon fodder and in-development guys and the wimmins.
    Dunne said shortly after Takeover (the US one) that he was moving to the US for good with Bate to follow shortly and the post-match of Bate/WALTER seriously hinted at that.

I'd imagine that Trent Severn will stay in the UK but come over for the occasional tag match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I'd imagine that Trent Severn will stay in the UK but come over for the occasional tag match.
    Bit risky for a young man like Bate to come over without his dad so hopefully he'll be alright.

That is good news though. Bate is superb.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Smackdown centred around THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Great stuff.

I dunno if I even want to watch Gable beat him know it's all about fucking Shane so I may just not watch this week's at all.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owens to NXT or AEW as his old nasty heal self would be nice.

Baron Corbin v Chad Gable in the final lol.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To NXT so he can join Undisputed Era.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Established names moving to NXT would be the death knell for the WWE imo. I know the TV deal changes things but if the talent is seen not to view going to Raw/Smackdown to be the biggest and best thing around why should the audience give a shit?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they have an audience that still gives a shit at this point then I don't think that will matter.

Also, good luck with Owens going anywhere, he's not long into a five year 'contract'

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with Owens it makes sense because his UE mates are also his old ROH. Sending Orton, Lesnar, Reigns, Seth, etc would be bonkers.

ROH poaches off the top of head.

Seth Rollins
    Daniel Bryan
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    Undisputed Era
    AJ Styles
    Samoa Joe
    Cesaro
    Tommaso Ciampa

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandi Rhodes sucks as the head female for AEW.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    If they have an audience that still gives a shit at this point then I don't think that will matter.

Also, good luck with Owens going anywhere, he's not long into a five year 'contract'
    They have an audience because they’re literally the only one on tv. Now they’re competing with a rival and themselves?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    I think with Owens it makes sense because his UE mates are also his old ROH. Sending Orton, Lesnar, Reigns, Seth, etc would be bonkers.

ROH poaches off the top of head.

Seth Rollins
    Daniel Bryan
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    Undisputed Era
    AJ Styles
    Samoa Joe
    Cesaro
    Tommaso Ciampa
    He also seems to be at every Takeover sporting a UE shirt.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also seems to be at every Takeover sporting a UE shirt.

UE v The Elite on Wednesday is the new Monday Night Wars

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commentary changes.

Dio Maddin (formerly Brennan Williams a NXT wrestler who has yet to appear on TV) has joined 205 Live as Nigel McGuiness is now only in NXT.

Vic Joseph is going to RAW with Michael Cole headed to Smackdown.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commentary changes.

Dio Maddin (formerly Brennan Williams a NXT wrestler who has yet to appear on TV) has joined 205 Live as Nigel McGuiness is now only in NXT.

Vic Joseph is going to RAW with Michael Cole headed to Smackdown.
    He might struggle with that, it's been cancelled.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So WWE normally announce the old twats returning to get a cheap ratings boost..... and this week both shows dipped. Uh-oh.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the results from last night and quite aside from most of the matches sounding a bit yawn the way they doled out time to various matches looks stupid.

Nobody needs a 21-minute Orton match in their life and it sounds like Rowan / Reigns (nice that Rowan won and that Harper is back but such a big win feels wasted if they're just having them going back to being AN Other tag team again) could probably have had five minutes shaved off it as well given the ending. Do that, half the Orton match and give five extra minutes to the US title, Bayley / Charlotte, and New Day / Revival to let those guys have a banger.

All sounds like it went pretty much to the script anyway. Definitely feels too soon for the Fiend to be challenging for the title so hopefully they don't fuck that up too much.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure people are jacking off to it because it's Sasha Banks and people can't accept she's shite on the main roster.... but Sasha Vs Becky was one of the worst matches I've seen in a long time, or at least the shittest finish I can recall in ages. If you want to go that route, have them brawl to a double count out, or potentially have Becky use the chair first to get DQed if you want to give Sasha a reason for a rematch. It's not difficult. What you shouldn't do is have her hit the ref, immediately have Cole call it an accident (so she might not be DQed?), have the ref stay down for 3 quarters of an hour, have them brawl throughout the arena whilst constantly telling us "THE BELL HAS NOT RUNG! THE REFEREE IS STILL DOWN! THIS MATCH IS STILL GOING!!!" only for the moment they get in the ring to have Cole go "oh by the way lads.... Becky's been DQed.... that's all folks!" Fucking bollocks.

The rest of the show was pretty forgettable too. They need Lesnar... everything feels smalltime without him.
    Last edited by Browning; 16-09-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They absolutely don't need Lesnar, they need to not be shit.

We'll get another interminable Lesnar reign at some point so let's just enjoy somebody else getting a shit run with the belt before his next shit one.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE's continuity editor must have been on his break when they decided to have Kane come out and save Rollins last night. Sounds a fitting finish to a fairly rubbish episode, though apparently King Jezza's (ugh) match against Gable was really good.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest BTE feels like the begining of an Omega heel turn.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return of The Cleaner, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realised from what I heard of Vic Joseph from various commentaries he is simply a Micheal Cole v2.

Embrace it lads.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw the clip of the Pedigree from CoC and I must say Boatman did a better job of taking it than some of Rollins' smaller opponents have.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    They need Lesnar... everything feels smalltime without him.
    Ask and you shall receive.

Say bye to the WWE title until Mania, lads.

I see from the Smackdown results (and following last week) that KO is definitely not cosplaying as Stone Cold any more, what with begging for his job and now serving Shane with legal papers. If this is building up to KO ousting Shane (for a bit) then fine, but.... lads, you've gone too far the other way.

Also this Bryan face turn, assuming that's what's happening, has been handled oddly. It won't matter as the fans just want to cheer him but still.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd was dead silent for Rusev's return.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon WWE are gonna have a rough time selling tickets if the Don Callis booked Impact buys ROH and MLW continues to pump out quality on top of AEW running weekly shows.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 18-09-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't even sell out the Garden, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The crowd was dead silent for Rusev's return.
    I heard that but couldn't work out if they're just bored of knowing nothing will be done with him, it being an entirely unexplained absence or a collective eyeroll at him being part of the Kanellis shit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's dumb. As is "Hey, he's back ... with a moustache!" It's a shave, not a gimmick change.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it really wouldn't surprise me if he was taken off TV as simple punishment for managing to get himself more over than they planned. They really don't like that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't even sell out the Garden, did they?

I heard that but couldn't work out if they're just bored of knowing nothing will be done with him, it being an entirely unexplained absence or a collective eyeroll at him being part of the Kanellis shit.
    I wonder if Smackdowns tv deal now looks mental to the people.who negotiated it at USA.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in a timeline where the words 'beta cuck' made their way into a WWE broadcast.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown is Fox, no? Unless I've misunderstood something. It looks a mental deal regardless.

I assume that's why Bork is now on Smackdown though if that's to appease Fox I dunno if his current schedule is going to satisfy them.

"No no it's great, we'll put our most prestigious title on him and then he'll disappear for three months! It's the sort of booking that's made us the ratings powerhouse we are today. "

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep whoops.

Smackdown to cannabilise NXT which in turn ruins that show.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    We're in a timeline where the words 'beta cuck' made their way into a WWE broadcast.
    Who said that?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happened during the Kinellis shit. It ... err... might've been Corey. It was written on a page by actual writers.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole angle has been completely bizarre and it's basically them punishing him for neither of them saying she was pregnant because even they're not stupid enough to mess an actual pregnant woman around.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Yep whoops.

Smackdown to cannabilise NXT which in turn ruins that show.
    They shouldn't need to do that (they've more than enough people if they'd just fucking book properly.) And given NXT now has its own TV deal there's only so much they can get away with now they have more time to fill.

Baszler needs moved up in the draft and it wouldn't surprise me if Undisputed Era are as well (God help them) but otherwise the NXT roster probably needs left alone for a bit until they build up some of the roster they don't currently use that much. Gargano is probably about done in NXT as well.

There are probably people who'd also benefit from being back in NXT like Breeze seems to have done so far but I think I read a thing saying NXT won't be part of the draft. It's still not just a third brand, not least because that'd probably be a bit embarrassing for Vince. I do like the TV spot they're pushing for it though that as good as says "Yeah NXT is the good WWE product."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First episode of nu-NXT sounds like it was a bit of a banger. Baszler vs. La Rae feels like a mismatch at this so hopefully they build the latter up a bit, Dream vs. Strong sounds awesome (and hopefully leaves Dream free to move up to NXT World Title level after a bit of a break from title feuds) and while ending on a massive brawl (featuring Imperium!) seems a weird way to end the first show it also sounds fun.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are a great addition to NXT! Walter is such a great wrestler.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it you watched his recent match with Bate? Can't remember if you pitched into the chat about that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it you watched his recent match with Bate? Can't remember if you pitched into the chat about that.
    Yeah i ended up watching. They had match in Progress last year and I posted the photo from that match.

Im one of those wankers that knew about him putting on quality matches in England and PWG before he joined NXT.

He would be perfect in a Main Event at Wrwstlemania lol or ideally signing for AEW down the road.

Bate is a freak. He has so much potential and could be selling out massive arenas.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 19-09-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even realise that that photo wasn't from the Takeover match.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even realise that that photo wasn't from the Takeover match.
    Yeah they had been fueding in England before NXT and you could have gone.

England is in the Golden Age.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got any links or anything to watch the first hour?

Edit: http://watchwrestling.in/watch-wwe-nxt-9-18-19/ Seems to work.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luke Harper to AEW please.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he'd celebrated his big comeback by bitching about WWE so he's probably off telly until his contract runs out now.