User Tag List

Page 175 of 238 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,750 of 11851

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Trump lost in 2016 because everyone mocked the 17 Republican candidates. Oh, wait.....

People spend too much time on the candidates and not enough on the voters. Most candidates poll at 1%, so they will be as remembered as Paul Tsongas, Tim Pawlenty, and Bobby Jindell. 3-5 candidates have a chance to win or exceed expectations in Iowa and New Hampshire in February.

Nobody ever paid any attention to the silly season preceding Iowa before. This potentially is a close election so people could be introduced to delegate math after Bernie starts reporting that Biden won 28% of the initial vote, Warren 25% Bernie 13%, and Harris 8%. It is entirely possible due to vote spread for this initial vote to turn into Biden winning 45% of the delegates, Warren 40%, Harris the rest and Bernie nothing. The scenes .....
    Last edited by mikem; 21-08-2019 at 04:21 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see Biden in the White House .... narrowly.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got dementia.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, so's Trump.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time he ran Biden kept calling Obama “Barrack America” and he asked a paraplegic lawmaker to stand up and take a bow. He’s always been like this but it looks horrible now because he is ancient.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NARRATIVE has shifted from gaffe-prone to mental retard for some unknowable reason.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s ancient and he’s running a general election campaign in the primary so he doesn’t have to pivot. It all feels a bit out of date. He’s the front runner now but I’d bet the field.
    Last edited by mikem; 21-08-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Biden wins the nomination then America will be ruled by someone who's brain is no longer functioning.

T

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    If Biden wins the nomination then America will be ruled by someone who's brain is no longer functioning.
    #PresidentPhonics

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Queenslander; 23-08-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'I think you'll find that I'm the mentalist.'

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s a dove hawk.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Tulsi Gabbard.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    No Tulsi Gabbard.
    Should have kept her whore mouth shut.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    No Tulsi Gabbard.
    Is it the Assad apologia or the gay conversion therapy you are missing? Don’t worry, I wouldn’t count her out of the Jill Stein primary just yet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt she get fucked over by the Dems for calling out Harris over her record?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Is it the Assad apologia or the gay conversion therapy you are missing? Don’t worry, I wouldn’t count her out of the Jill Stein primary just yet.
    The good looks is what I am missing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Didnt she get fucked over by the Dems for calling out Harris over her record?
    By whom? The DNC? The sum total of their power is to set the debate schedule and enter fundraising agreements with candidates. If they rigged it they did it by requiring a whole TWO polls that show you have 2 percent support and a list of 130,000 individual donors. Bennet and Delaney criticized Bernie and didn’t make the debate. Must have rigged it for Bernie, huh?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wall Street Journal
    Inside a room of the ornately decorated Hotel du Palais during last month’s Group of Seven summit in Biarritz, France, President Trump awaited a meeting with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi. “Where’s my favorite dictator?” Mr. Trump called out in a loud voice as he looked over a small gathering of American and Egyptian officials.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By whom? The DNC? The sum total of their power is to set the debate schedule and enter fundraising agreements with candidates. If they rigged it they did it by requiring a whole TWO polls that show you have 2 percent support and a list of 130,000 individual donors. Bennet and Delaney criticized Bernie and didn’t make the debate. Must have rigged it for Bernie, huh?
    I dont have a dog in the race.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Democrat, I only really am upset by the idea that they are competent enough to rig a primary.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How they select Super delegates is pretty suss isnt it?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Democrat, I only really am upset by the idea that they are competent enough to rig a primary.
    They seem to have looked at Corbyn's 'holding every position at once and please no-one' Brexit strategy and applied it to the impeachment process.

I swear I've seen 3 quotes from the same guy saying they're not doing it/they're considering it/they're already doing it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How they select Super delegates is pretty suss isnt it?
    Yes they're extremely suss but in true Democratic Party fashion, they've never actually changed a result.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

Im a sucker for a lefty podcast so Ill believe anything for a day or so.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

Im a sucker for a lefty podcast so Ill believe anything for a day or so.
    I go to Arizona state party and county meetings and was dragged to them as a kid in Louisiana cause the family business is suing the cops. Superdelegates look suspicious from afar because they are appointed but it isn’t if you know the actual makeup of party establishment in the states.

The party establishment they are selected from are the volunteer types who bother to show up and do a bunch of thankless mostly unpaid work. The prestige / self importance of being a delegate is what a local teacher’s union chapter head, AME church deacon, or Planned Parenthood manager gets as a payoff.

Could they vote to swing an election against the popular primary vote? Sure, but they won’t. If the party establishment in AZ is picking anyone it isn’t Harris or Biden, but Warren. The problem with the left podcast crowd (not Bernie - he is fine, but his hangers on) is that they are neither culturally part of any section of the American working class nor do they have any genuine personal affection for it. They clearly feel superior to the peons whose lives they are enriching and don’t get why said peons don’t want to join their movement.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to Arizona state party and county meetings and was dragged to them as a kid in Louisiana cause the family business is suing the cops. Superdelegates look suspicious from afar because they are appointed but it isn’t if you know the actual makeup of party establishment in the states.

The party establishment they are selected from are the volunteer types who bother to show up and do a bunch of thankless mostly unpaid work. The prestige / self importance of being a delegate is what a local teacher’s union chapter head, AME church deacon, or Planned Parenthood manager gets as a payoff.

Could they vote to swing an election against the popular primary vote? Sure, but they won’t. If the party establishment in AZ is picking anyone it isn’t Harris or Biden, but Warren. The problem with the left podcast crowd (not Bernie - he is fine, but his hangers on) is that they are neither culturally part of any section of the American working class nor do they have any genuine personal affection for it. They clearly feel superior to the peons whose lives they are enriching and don’t get why said peons don’t want to join their movement.

Fair enough that makes a lot of sense Ill have to have little read about your State.

I only really listen to Chapo and that is mainly due to Amber. I definitely cringe if I expose myself to anything that isnt working class.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to Amber? She's a fucking moron. A Teaching Assistant at NYU who earns more than the average annual salary a month talking about 'the PMC'.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to Amber? She's a fucking moron. A Teaching Assistant at NYU who earns more than the average annual salary a month talking about 'the PMC'.
    Phonics I am also a moron though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delete Chapo and get Your Kickstarter Sucks instead.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delete Chapo and get Your Kickstarter Sucks instead.
    Ill put it in the rotation.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Ukraine-transcript is something else, even for The Donald.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see how D’s are gonna get away from it. This is pretty much the founder’s specific reason for why an impeachment clause is necessary.

Nixon got screwed by the tapes because they proved to R’s that he was lying to them. I still don’t see how you get more than six R senators to vote for it. If it breaks it will be a wave like it was for D’s this week.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll get away with it. He always does.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite thing I learnt about the Nixon impeachment was that the only reason he had the tape recordings was due to a weird law that meant he could use them as a tax write off.

The man lost the position he'd fought for his whole life because he wanted a thousand dollars off his tax bill.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Congress Recess break is going to be interesting. They have not actually started formal impeachment in the House yet and Pelosi doesn’t seem to have the votes. She needs 218 but only has 217 for an impeachment inquiry IF the White House doesn’t turn over the complaint. She isn’t Boris and won’t want to move unless she has almost the full Caucus and at least a couple of the R moderates or retirees (there are 10). But she has not yet started whipping the members.

The Senate is weird though, both Sasse and Mitt are being fairly tough. They unanimously refused to back slow walking letting the whistleblower information out. And all the Senators who might flip joined with the D’s and voted to end Trump’s emergency declaration about the wall. Ended 54-41 - not enough to impeach, but weaker support than you’d think. I doubt he loses an impeachment trial at this point but if four or five R’s join the D’s that will be the election.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's net approval is (morning consult):

-14 in WI (was -10 in Nov 18)
    -13 in MI (was -9 in Nov 18)
    -13 in ME (was -9 in Nov 18)
    -9 in IA (was -7 in Nov 18)
    -9 in PA (was -5 in Nov 18)
    -5 in OH (was 0 in Nov 18)
    -4 in AZ (was -2 in Nov 18)
    -2 in NC (was +2 in Nov 18)
    -1 in GA (was +3 in Nov 18)

Those previous numbers lost R the House.

It's not that this impeachment is gonna make it all the way to a Senate convicting him, it's that the optics of this are way worse for him and harder to deal with than the Mueller report. Just the word "whistleblower" carries a lot of weight.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite characters are back. Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman are having another press conference.

Last time they were seen together they were saying (while Jack Burkmans flies were down the whole time) they had evidence that Robert Mueller raped an employee (they didn't)

Today they're once again having a press conference in his driveway (despite the last one being interrupted by a garbage truck reversing) with another banger of a story.

Elizabeth Warren (70 years old) has been paying a Marine to have sex with her for the last 6 months.

Satire might be dead but political comedy has never been better.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong start.

edit: Slight suggestion that the accuser might not be legit

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jacob Wohl has got to be the most precocious person who’s ever lived. Kid got banned for life by the US derivatives regulator by the time he was 19

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wonder why he carries on. But then you think what else can he do now? Surely he isn't making any money from it though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re being paid hundreds of thousands.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he? I know the top level grifters generally make loads, but surely nobody is donating to him anymore.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is he? I know the top level grifters generally make loads, but surely nobody is donating to him anymore.
    He's got a townhouse in central D.C. You'd assume family money but you look up his Dad and he's an attorney that turns up in related searches with a bunch of ambulance chasers/slip n' fall guys.

Turning Point USA declares 4.5 million a year and they're in the same circles. Here he is with a TPUSA person, The Daily Stormer guy, and Paul Nehlen the guy who tried to outflank Paul Ryan from the right by being a literal nazi. That was a week ago or something.

All have at one point or another been funded by the Mercers and their fellow nutjobs.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one scenario where being a total nutjob lands you chicks way out of your league

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, the women are probably damaged goods as well. Or master criminals. Or petty criminals. Trash attracts trash.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The state of that lot.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that spooky dummy in the blue shirt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Macho Man's son doing well for himself.