User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2019

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Poole. FA Cup 1st round away to League One club Blackpool. 90th minute strike after Kyle Bailey hammered the crossbar.

Reward? League One, Mansfield.

We've put out Sporting Khalsa, Chalfont St Peter, Whitley Bay after a replay, Leiston and Burgess Hill before a 4th round qualifying replay against Havant & Waterlooville sealed our day at Bloomfield. This game isn't half bad, really. :Cool:

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sporting Khalsa

I used to go and watch them every now and then with my dad.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noose Lane sounded intimidating.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City just bought Alex Iwobi for £93m in my second season. Which then saw Hazard going to Arsenal for £81m, and Douglas Costa to Chelsea for £61m.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mansfield became our second League One scalp as we marched into the FA Cup 3rd round, the lowest level club to do so. Luke Armstrong had given them a 2"minute lead before second half goals from Bailey, Harrison and legend in the making Bill Poole sealed our passage.

League Two club Cheltenham were drawn which was disappointing given the potential to face a big boy, a 1-1 draw at the LCI Rail Stadium extended our stay in the competition before a 3-2 win in the replay at The Riveracre meant our journey continued. North West Counties Premier Division club into the 4th round....

As we awaited the draw we saw for the first time in the 'proper rounds' we would be playing at home. We drew Scunthorpe. Another League Two side awaiting to be put to the sword perhaps. 2-1 down after Adam Hammills strike 20"minutes from time, a strike that came just minutes after Bill Poole found himself dismissed until......three minutes to to, The Motormen attack, the ball gets looped into the box.....PENALTY!!

But wait. Bill Poole was sent off. His strike partner was subbed off as we looked to keep the draw...we had no recognisable striker on....."fuck this" shouted someone. It was young Ryan Quinn, a failed Coventry midfielder snapped up from Evo-Stik League One side Rugby last summer. Boom. He stepped up, two strides back and smashed it.

Replay achieved.

Edit: With Scunthorpe's first minute strike enough to seal a 1-0 win and an away tie against City.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 21-05-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looking around the league's.... Liverpool drew on the final game of the season which allowed Man City to leapfrog them and take the title.

FA Cup final saw a defeat to Arsenal then the Champions League final saw Chelsea take the honours. A treble in ruins. Sad times.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mighty Motormen Megapost.

Season 2018/2019.

As stated in my first post, our debut season in the North West Counties League Division One South ended with a league title and three domestic cup wins as we added the NWCL Challenge Cup, the NW Division One Cup and surprisingly, or so I thought at the time, the FA Vase. A trip to Wembley to cap a fantastic season. Upfront we had Kyle Riley and Lewis Codling banging them in on a regular basis, the pair netting sixty-two times between them, midfielders Ryan Quinn and Ryan Meadows themselves grabbing seventeen each throughout the season. Top stuff.

----------------------------------------------

Season 2019/2020.

After last seasons exploits, we opted for a more conservative approach in the transfer market. Former Newcastle defender Chris Carr joined the club at the very end of the season which I considered something of a coup. He'd be our new right back/Head of Youth Development but the biggest catch was brought in during the summer in Bill Poole, a £1.8K capture from Hereford Lads Club. 19 league goals in 24 appearances, 7 in 13 in the FA Cup alone ending the season with a fine tally of 30 in 49 but it was the manner of the goals. The equalizer at the start of our FA Cup run as we robbed Sporting Khalsa.

Or his equalizer against Havant & Waterlooville in an almost mirror repeat.

Or perhaps his 90th-minute winner against League One, Blackpool. Our first giant-killing.

Our FA Cup journey took us to as far as the fourth round which was disappointing as an away tie at the Etihad lay in wait. We would return to Wembley however for a second successive season as we retained the FA Vase. The shitty little Challenge Cup also retained but it barely registered.

We romped to the league title which wasn't too much of a surprise but Cammell Laird once again being our 'challengers' was. The pesky bastards wouldn't fuck off due to our cup involvements.

Season 2020/2021

The decision was made to overhaul the squad somewhat in the summer. There was no need to be sentimental at this stage, not for the club at least. It was an in/out policy because a fast return to the Conference North was the target. The Motormen still reeling from having to resign in 2014 due to financial concerns and yet here we were splashing over £10,000 in a revamp. Nearly half of which went on Sean Whelan. What an absolutely pathetic cunt he turned out to be and he quickly became an afterthought.

Another league title was wrapped up in dominant fashion but much of that was probably owed to our lack of cup involvement as quite frankly we were shit.
    Bill Poole ended the season as the clubs top goalscorer once again with 29 in 38 but refused to discuss a new deal before sticking two fingers up to the club. It wasn't supposed to end like that. Ryan Meadows however continued to prove his worth striking 17 times this year to take his tally to 55 in his three seasons at the club.

Season 2021/2022

Our rapid rise through the divisions meant we were now one step away from returning from whence we came as a promotion from the Evo-Stik Northern Premier would ensure our return to the Conference North after eight years. Another overhaul of the squad was conducted, another £10,000 splashed out but the clubs financial situation was the envy of the division anyway. No concerns for The Motormen now.

Tyrone Ofori and Ben Whitehead ensured Poole wasn't missed, Ofori hitting 25 in his debut season. Whitehead linked beautifully with Meadows in midfield and the pair helped themselves to 30 between them.

The season itself got off to a solid start with a fourteen match unbeaten run before Radcliffe brought it to an end. We responded by winning 10 out of the next 11 to sit top and comfortable. Or so we thought. A shock defeat to Warrington in February was thought of as nothing more than just that, a shock. Forgotten even after we won our following game against Morpeth. Top. Twelve clear. Easy. Then a 2-2 draw against Leek made it ten. A defeat to Hyde made it seven. Gainsborough's smash and grab at The Riveracre made it four. Were we bottling it? Marine 3-2 Vauxhall. One point clear. Question answered. Yes, we were.

Eventually, we grabbed some breathing space winning 3-0 at home against Stalybridge and Bamber Bridge, a 1-1 draw sandwiched between meant away to Lancaster meant we were still in control of our fate but with a tricky trio of games arriving as Radcliffe, Nantwich and Farsley lay in wait. Win them then we were up. Anything else wasn't worth thinking about which is why I struggled to come to terms with us being 3-0 down at half-time to Radcliffe in the first of them. We eventually lost and shit went down. Thankfully we learned from it and four of our remaining six but what a rocky ride. Champions. Our final game of the season was the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup, at The Riveracre of all places. A nice way to end the season. Until a disallowed goal in the 90th minute took the goal to penalties and the bastards took it.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're bossing it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe there's a team called Quorn FC

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vauxhall Motors - Season 2022/2023

The Motormens return to the Vanarama North after an eight year absense was a success story in itself but that was the Vauxhall of old, the new Vauxhall had greater plans. Far from waving goodbye to the division due to financial issues, the new Vauxhall wanted to wave goodbye by going up and that's what the summer was geared towards as once again changes were made to the playing staff. It was the only way to keep progressing.

It also had a habit of paying off and the clubs return to the 6th level of English football was no different. Kareem Richardson, Jasper Dowse, Shaun Baker and Sam Latham were just some of the names snapped up after Premier League clubs deemed them surplus. I intend to do a Where Are They Now post next so I won't go too much into detail with players.

Another league title. Another promotion.

The FA Cup was once again kind to us as we qualified for the 1st round proper after defeating Chipstead (2-0), Lancaster (3-0) and Farnborough (1-0). The reward was an away tie to MK Dons, a tie that ended 2-1 to the visitors. Harrogate followed, a 0-0 saw a replay at The Riveracre, this time an eas 4-1 occured. 3rd round saw Barnsley arrive and dispatched in exactly the same manner as Harrogate. 4-1. Fourth round. A big team. A Man City. A Man United. A Tottenham. No. We drew fucking Hartlepool. Mixed feelings at that stage. You know if you go out then it's a wasted run but win then the odds of getting a pay day go up. Thankfully we won, 3-1 again at The Riveracre, our fortress.

It was clear by this point that we were no Vanarama North team. We had the results to prove it. Man United were drawn in the 5th round. At Old Trafford as well. Jahmal Hector-Ingram gave us the lead, Rashford restored parity before Isco put United in control. Ben Whitehead was having none of it and swiftly made it 2-2 after the restart. We just weren't good enough though. Rashford blitzed past the backline and Lingard made it four in stoppage time.

We did make it to Wembley though as our performances in the FA Trophy. Twelve games to get there though after replays were required all the way through.

Vauxhall Motors - Season 2023/2024

It was no different to the North in reality. We also retained the FA Trophy. Impressively that was our fourth Wembley appearance in six years. Bolton knocked us out of the FA Cup 2nd round. Unexpected but probably helped in the long run not to have to play catch up wit

Vauxhall Motors - Season 2024/2025

With records being posted left, right and centre at the club over the last couple of seasons and the general atmosphere at the club being a positive one, we went into our League Two campaign under no illusions that we were one of the better teams, one of the more stable clubs and one of the most ambitious. We weren't about to wait around and our long term goals were on a different planet to most in our division. As it was though, we had to compete and in doing so we ensured another league title, another promotion and as with every season prior, a new record for most points. We were rampant.

We got to play in the EFL Cup for the first time but reached only as far as the 3rd round. Swansea knocking us out on penalties whilst the FA Cup saw a 2-0 defeat away to Leicester. It was nice to not have to start in the qualifying rounds. Probably not so nice for Gateshead, Aldershot and Portsmouth who we had knocked out on our way to the 4th round.

Vauxhall Motors - Season 2025/2026

It was a all a bit deja vu. Another league title. Another record breaking season, in fact. It was also the season a number of youngsters came of age. (More to come) First team football last season had clearly been a huge factor and it bode very well for the future.

We were now forming a solid squad, a stable squad and the ease in which strutted our stuff on a weekly basis was impressive.

The EFL Cup lasted less than a match as Leeds United ended our involvement before it had really begun and another FA Cup run ensured our healthy financial state continued to improve as Dorchester, Mansfield and Bromley were eliminated en route to the fourth round. A 1-1 draw at home to Sheffield Wednesday meant the winner of the replay would face Liverpool in the 5th. That winner was us as we went on to win 3-0.

The beginning of March saw Liverpool arrive for an evening kick off. By time the match kicked off at 7.45pm the ground was jumping. 7.46pm and we were 1-0 to the good and in dreamland. 7.47pm. 2-0. Joe Elliott-Webster's very early brace took the non-existant roof of the place. Diogo Jota pulled one back on the 15"minute mark but it took until the 78th for Liverpool to pull level, the Egyptian King doing his bit. It sucked all the more as it arrived just three minutes after Webster missed a penalty, a chance for his hattrick. Radic grabbed Liverpool's third with ten minutes to go and our hopes had been vanquished.

Vauxhall Motors - Season 2026/2027

After eight successive league titles, we went into the Championship season spending money that once upon a time woiuld have safeguarded our future for decades as nearly £10M was spent strengthening the side. It worked. As expected. Number 9 was wrapped up solidly. The EFL Cup saw a run to the semi finals, Tottenham's 2-0 first leg win being enough to ensure our 3-2 win in the 2nd wasn't enough. We did however stick Man United out on penalties in the previous round. We also owed a lot to them as loanee Julio Cesar Ochoa proved to be our start of the season. The FA Cup proved a disappointment despite getting to the quarter finals for the first time. Everton knocking us out in the shittest manner possible.

And that's where we're at.

The Premier League is up and coming, we've got about 6/7 spaces in the squad to fill but now it's time to slow the game right down and build. Absolutely enjoying it though even it's piss easy and now I've removed all the lower leagues the speed has picked up.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the heck have you won every league consecutively?

Must have some game breaking über tactic going on. Nice one!
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some home and away one DS posted early doors, it was in that thread but I don't even use the away one now. Just the home. You want it? Overpowered for sure but it's enjoyable all the same.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that, if you stick with one team, it tends to become an endless parade of trophies anyway why would you intentionally easy-mode the actual good bit of the game?

Not having a dig, if you're enjoying it then who gives a shit. Just wondering.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to say I completed it with Vauxhall Motors, really. It's been an endless love affair on FM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Some home and away one DS posted early doors, it was in that thread but I don't even use the away one now. Just the home. You want it? Overpowered for sure but it's enjoyable all the same.
    Either my 4122, 4411 or the Too Sweets 442 I'm guessing.

442 is this year's tactic by far. Easy to win with anyone as long as you have the broken throw in/free kick exploits.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too Sweet is the one. It's a doddle. I don't know if it has the exploits though, probably if it's this overpowered already.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mbappe for £320m, yes or no?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    For what he'd make, yes.

EDIT: Shit, I though this was the transfer thread.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Why not it's fake money

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in FM where I'm at the point where I have all the money I'm ever gonna need I invariably baulk at anything about about £50m.

Though I did spend £150m on a teenage striker who in the years since has got himself to something like 108 goals in 102 games for England. Such a realistic simulation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Even in FM where I'm at the point where I have all the money I'm ever gonna need I invariably baulk at anything about about £50m.
    Ian Levy

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point in my FM15 save when I occasionally dip back in Newcastle probably have enough money to just buy an island somewhere and start our own country.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM20 is going to be available on Google Stadia: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Google-Stadia

I think this means you can technically play any league configuration on some frickin super computer via Chrome (with a subscription)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM is the perfect sort of game for that.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine how many people are going to be playing at work

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet there are already people who leave their home PC on so they can stream FM from work computers.

Though for people who work in places that have a proper IT set up stopping that sort of shit yeah, this would make it a piece of piss.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet there are already people who leave their home PC on so they can stream FM from work computers.

Though for people who work in places that have a proper IT set up stopping that sort of shit yeah, this would make it a piece of piss.
    My brother used to do that.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Licence's might be an issue on browsers. No edit files init so fake Germany etc?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Licence's might be an issue on browsers. No edit files init so fake Germany etc?
    Germany is licensed now, isn't it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

Well, the teams don't have proper names without downloading a pack, anyway.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my post-season string of "Where are they now?" and "Team of the [whatever]" news items on my endless FM15 save.

I don't think he was ever a first-choice in my team and yet the fans' Best Ever XI thing still has Aarons in it from way back at the start of the save. Cristiano Rolando.

If FM19 is on the GamePass thing I may actually do the first-month-for-a-quid thing for some FM19, if only to serve as a reminder to myself of why I don't want to spend money on a new one.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those things always seem so random. In one of my games where I took FC United to the Champions League, the starting keeper 15 years on was still the guy who played a single season in the conference.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean all the others in mine make sense, and Aarons is on the club legends list and was a bit of a Solskjaer-esque figure for much of that time. Not a striker but he often came on and did game-changing things back when I wasn't just obliterating everybody.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also forgot to see when it was doing the big end of season save and showing me the leaderboards and stuff @Disco was top of the "My Friends" bit for.... Everton? I think? Or Southampton, but I think Southampton was @Cord.

The only problem was I couldn't see what my points were so I've no idea if it was comparatively pitiful. Either way, well done, Disco, mate. You are the king of my Steam friends at FM15.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was anyone else (me) on there?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a look when I'm home tonight. There were about 8 people on there in total I think so I'd say there's a good chance you were on there.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as I’m not bottom.

I fear FM15 was before I realised fixing the likes of Porto (FCP) meant you didn’t rank on the steam leaderboard though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also forgot to see when it was doing the big end of season save and showing me the leaderboards and stuff @Disco was top of the "My Friends" bit for.... Everton? I think? Or Southampton, but I think Southampton was @Cord.

The only problem was I couldn't see what my points were so I've no idea if it was comparatively pitiful. Either way, well done, Disco, mate. You are the king of my Steam friends at FM15.
    Steam reckons I've played that game for over 5000 hours (in reality I just used to leave it running 24/7) so I should be ok at it. Odd that it picks a save in which I won nothing at all.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Baz You're not on there, but I took a load of people off my Steam list if I also had them on Discord chats so that'll be why.
    @Disco I dunno how it choses what save if I do "All Time" but if I choose single game you're still top but with Exeter, which accounts for about two thirds of your points.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mighty Grecians

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any website where I can view old football manager player profiles from past FM/CM games? For example, I want to see David Silva first ever profile in FM/CM. He was still at Valencia at the time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're probably better off going to your local CeX store and buying a physical copy. All of the first FM versions are 50p each in there.

The only other way I could see is if someone on one of the FM fan sites still has the old games and is willing to look for you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down to £12.91 on Steam.

Tempting.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2007?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you grab them Smiffy, or is there an online resource?
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used my Google skills.

David Silva Football Manager Championship Manager > Images > Date 2000-2008. You probably can find them all if you had time but hard to know if they are using updates etc.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used my Google skills.

David Silva Football Manager Championship Manager > Images > Date 2000-2008. You probably can find them all if you had time but hard to know if they are using updates etc.
    I tried to search for it, but couldnt find actual screenshots consistently. Surely, there is some revenue to me made from soneone running a historic FM/CM database of player stats

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want 33%