27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that would be disappointing

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? It doesn't get more disappointing than 'Dany' and/or Jon being there. I mean, Sansa probably deserves it on acting ability alone.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think it'll be Sansa. Wummin seem to be doing well this season, and she's got the strongest narrative.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Gendry before this season but I think it's geared towards Sansa now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gendry was a good left field option, but I don't think they've given the character enough screen time/back story (other than actually being Robert Baratheon's bastard) for it to happen. I think they'll go with someone more obvious.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Cersei makes another one in a desperate bid to keep the throne.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8899301.html

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bit of a desperate reach for a headline.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's in anything other than a flashback, we riot.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming there are none of the Children of the Forest left, isn't Bran the only one who knows how?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

A heel turn for Bran the Boring might make his character a touch more interesting.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Assuming there are none of the Children of the Forest left, isn't Bran the only one who knows how?
    Do we know for sure?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Do we know for sure?
    They were seemingly wiped out when The Night King went after Bran and the former Three Eyed Raven.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given they created the Night King to help them fight humans and wound up on the humans' side when he went rogue, if there are any left they'd be idiots to create another one.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qyburn might be able to do. He's always up to some dodgy shit.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was looking up this clip last night to support my Qyburn makes another Night King theory and this comment:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Why? It doesn't get more disappointing than 'Dany' and/or Jon being there. I mean, Sansa probably deserves it on acting ability alone.
    I have the same hatred for Sansa that you seem to have for Dany, can’t stand her or anything she does. Maybe it’s because she’s so tall for a woman

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you hate Brienne?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He vomits a little in his mouth every time she's on screen.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty neutral about Brienne, though she should have died last episode

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd eat that ass standing up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is your worst post.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did that fleet of dragon-murdering crossbow-boats have a sight on her and she didn't see them?

Fucking hell, she's shit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they were partially hidden by some rocks.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingers crossed for the Dragon Woman heel turn though.

Not feeling good about Varys' chances but here's hoping he gets the job done.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Which one of you cowards shit my pants"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How did that fleet of dragon-murdering crossbow-boats have a sight on her and she didn't see them?

Fucking hell, she's shit.
    The reason is actually incredibly clever from D&D.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean tbh I was willing to give some BOTD with The Long Night, but that last episode was just straight up retarded.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected Varys to turn on her about three episodes ago. Can't help but feel he's leaving it a little late. That said, with Sansa clearly onboard, shit could go south pretty quickly for Danaerys. I still think 'Dany' is gonna try and off Jon Snow at some point too. Her only focus is the iron throne and he complicates that a bit!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    But they were partially hidden by some rocks.
    I assume that the chaps in the castle didn't see them because Dany had literally taken everyone with her and locked the place up and left a light on in the landing like you do when you go on holiday.

I think it was OK, set the ending up alright what with all the tension and that. The last few seasons are still entertaining, but it's all a bit surface. Just rushing from one set piece to another so you can off some more of the characters you've got to get rid of before the end.

Also nice of the show to come out so clearly in support of the character building nature of rape. They really could worded that better.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest travesty of this episode was Ghost not getting pet before Jon left. Heartless bastard.

'Dany' is now in a very bad spot. The only actual ally she seems to have left is the one dragon she still rides. Tyrion is clearly more than a little divided and everyone else is only with her to see Cersei dead.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The episode in general was ok but again, the strategy was mental. Even that face off at the end, either side can just butcher the other (depending on how you fancy the dragons chances) yet they just stare at each other from 50 yards.

I'm rooting for the night king to return and kill them all.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would Cersei not just sort them all out from the ramparts? Keith the dragon didn't appear to be anywhere in sight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in the distance behind them, wasn't he? But I do agree that it made little sense for them not to take some pot shots at them if Dragon Woman is too terrified of losing yet another fucking dragon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Why would Cersei not just sort them all out from the ramparts? Keith the dragon didn't appear to be anywhere in sight.
    There was so much dumb shit to be honest.

Only one dragon in history has ever been taken out by a projectile whilst airborne and that was by a shot through the eye. Until Euron comes along and does Rhaegar through the chest and neck from a fucking mile away, with perfect accuracy, without being seen, FROM A FUCKING BOAT. No such thing as recoil. No such thing as time taken to reload. No such thing as aiming from a boat being fucking impossible.

Then Daenerys Tardgaryen goes charging right fucking at them and they all miss. ?????????????? You're on a dragon, even if you are a blind cunt just fly round the back/directly above them and torch the fleet.

Cersei respecting parlay despite the fact she's a psycho, we're in the end game and she could literally have wiped all her enemies + the dragon out in under 30 seconds if she'd given the order.

Bronn being able to instantly reload the crossbow after he fired a bolt into the wall - in a show with the line "I always hated crossbows. Take too long to load".

Jon not giving ghost a cuddle.

Etc.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add the fact they built up the scene in the weirwood, where Jon is going to tell Sansa and Arya about his parentage and then they cut without warning to Bronn rocking up unseen out of nowhere. Massive cop-out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this episode was way better than the last. The Iron Fleet ambushing everyone unexpectedly was the first realistic outcome to any event this season

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better than the last episode, but I am still getting annoyed at how unrelentingly thick everyone seems to be. How on earth are the greatest brains on the show only now starting to question whether 'Dany' might actually be a bit of a murderous, self serving cunt?

RL has covered the rest of my gripes, especially Dragon Mummy managing to get blind sided by a fucking naval fleet, when, presumably, she's up there for a fucking Dragon-eye view. The Super-Bow nailing moving objects with ease and Cersei not just mowing down the lot of them as they stood out in the open 100 feet away.

Oh, and Ghost deserves better, Snow, you Cunt.

Oh (part 2), what the fuck does Brienne think she's doing breaking my mans heart? And for that fucking Spice Boy? I hope her arse chokes on Boyd's tongue.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Add the fact they built up the scene in the weirwood, where Jon is going to tell Sansa and Arya about his parentage and then they cut without warning to Bronn rocking up unseen out of nowhere. Massive cop-out.
    The whole show has suffered by the lack of Bronn. What a man.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pretty rubbish this week. It feel a bit like it's descended into a mixture of fan-service and bad writing. The only really good bits were Varys and Tyrion coming to terms with what a crazy bitch she's turning into. I hope they get shut of her.

My least favourite bit of it all was the Bronn scene, probably. It was just really daft. First of all, I don't believe Bronn would have done that. I get that he's motivated, to some extent, by money. But based on has past relationship with Tyrion alone he would never have walked into that room threatening them with that crossbow.

Am I honestly to believe the same Bronn who said goodbye to Tyrion in that cell before his trial by combat, or survived the trip to Dorne and back with Jaime, would act that way with either of them on the basis of an offer made by their batshit crazy sister? They've made him an absolute caricature of himself.

Secondly, Highgarden? Fuck off. Oh, he's waved a crossbow at us for a bit so we better offer him the keys to one of the best castles in the world? Get a grip. You would just have him killed the moment he left the building if that's what it was actually going to take to satisfy him.

Other bits that I thought were shit:

- Jon's unusually over the top goodbye to Sam (even though he's really no reason to believe he won't see him again in a few months time), especially when juxtaposed with his complete disregard for sending Ghost off beyond the wall forever. He also delivered his speech at the beginning in a really weird, spazzy attempt at a "leader" voice. I don't know if anybody else picked up on that.

- Jaimie and Brienne briefly getting together before he just upped and left. That was the biggest "fan service" bit, for me. For all his character development, I really don't see Jaime as ever looking at Brienne that way. It’s like a reverse version of the geeky kid with the glasses getting off with the popular girl in a bad teen movie. I did like his speech when he fucked off and left her though.

- The longest kept secret in Westeros history (Jon's parentage) becoming the worst kept one in the space of about half an hour, despite lot's and lots of "promise me you won't tell anyone!" requests in the lead up to it.

- Daenerys somehow just not seeing the Iron Fleet even though she was flying around overhead. Or, more generally, apparently just forgetting it exists at all. Why would you put a load of your most important people on boats and decide to go to Dragonstone when you know Cersei has the well-documented "biggest fleet of ships the world has ever seen!" at her command. The sea is literally the one place where they can be 100% sure they definitely don’t have the advantage and, to cap it off, the one person they’ve got (Davos) with some actual, seafaring experience? Yeah, we’ve left him on dry land.

- Cersei not just skewering the last dragon to death there and then outside King's Landing. It was just ligging about behind the fifteen Unsullied she brought with her, asking for it. Kill that fucker and you've won. She could have taken the rest of them out there and then while she was at it. We're talking about a women who blew up their equivalent of Westminister Abbey while everyone was inside here, she doesn't care about the perceived rights and wrongs of things.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was bobbins. I've lost interest in whatever ending they concoct now, since it's obviously going to be badly written tosh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sum it up well tbh Alex. They've fucked a lot of character arcs to rush through longer episodes (which are actually pretty boring). Every character is now acting to plot rather than to what they've been built up to be.

The boat shit is lazy and half arsed. 1) How can she forget the main enemy's strength is on the sea 2) How can she not see boats when she has the high ground 3) how can the boat shoot the dragons when they're "hidden". Feels like it'll be best if they just wrap it all up and we can pretend it never happened.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My least favourite bit of it all was the Bronn scene, probably. It was just really daft. First of all, I don't believe Bronn would have done that. I get that he's motivated, to some extent, by money. But based on has past relationship with Tyrion alone he would never have walked into that room threatening them with that crossbow.

Am I honestly to believe the same Bronn who said goodbye to Tyrion in that cell before his trial by combat, or survived the trip to Dorne and back with Jaime, would act that way with either of them on the basis of an offer made by their batshit crazy sister? They've made him an absolute caricature of himself.
    Yeah that scene was a mess too. He's not an idiot and knows he's got where he is through his own skills, sure, but mostly by sticking with Lannisters and trusting them to see him right. Also he's only there under fucking duress in the first place so it's not like he gives a shit about Cersei. You could've had him get a similar outcome without making him seem like a different character.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still enjoy it but you have to ignore a lot.

How good could season 5 onwards have been if GRRM had finished all the books first.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bronn we know would have turned up, made it clear that he's been sent to kill them with the promise of great riches, then jokingly lamented himself for being a soppy bollocks because he can't bring himself to murder an Imp and a one handed disabled bloke. Something like that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bronn we know would have turned up, made it clear that he's been sent to kill them with the promise of great riches, then jokingly lamented himself for being a soppy bollocks because he can't bring himself to murder an Imp and a one handed disabled bloke. Something like that.
    Exactly this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hound is all set up to fight the Mountain as well in a PPV fight at Kings Landing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nail on the head. his is exactly what would/should have happened.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Arya and The Hound going to 'hook up'? I enjoy their chemistry, but please, for the love of God, don't take it there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were going to a couple of episodes ago before Beric cock blocked them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now they're out Broke Back Mountaining (double meaning joke ther lads.)