User Tag List

Page 29 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a website anywhere that shows SBC's for FIFA18? Keen to see what the Black Friday ones were last year.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that a quick google shows me. I thought I found it on FUTWIZ but Black Friday tab was blank.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First FutChamps game of the day and it's a win to go 7-8.

The single most cagey opponent I've ever played. Only interested in attacking when he won the ball in his own half to set up a counter and even when I went 1-0 with 5 minutes to go he wouldn't press me in my own half so I just passed the ball about to see out the win.

Bizarre.

One more game to play before I need to pop out, to win that and go 8-8 (hitting Silver 2 in the process) would be fapworthy.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now got myself to the 10 games to go mark. Record is 14-6. A couple of infuriating losses, both guys had Mbappe(I'm noticing a theme developing here) and I saw more of the ball and had several great chances auto-blocked. They countered and Mbappe just can't be stopped.

The other loss was fully deserved. The guy had over 60% possession and not matter what formation I switched to I couldn't get close. That I'd have to go 9-1 from here to make Elite, shows how far I've got to go.
    6-4 from here gets me Gold 1. 3-7 to Gold 2. Unfortunately there's no difference in player picks between the two finishes, just the packs. I'm saving the games until later. If I get to Gold 2 with any reasonable comfort I may push on.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elite feels much harder this year. From 72% win rate to 76% doesn’t feel like a huge jump but over 30 games also leaves less room for error. I generally missed Elie by a per cent or two even at my best, though I made in monthlies a few times. Don’t think I’ll make it all this year.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully my Richarlison OTW gets a boost this week, but Anderson and Sterling might nibble that as I can’t see three IF wingers from the Prem in a single TOTW. Paulinho scoring twice is exciting me most of the TOTW contenders. Love his NIF card.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could well be another great TOTW. Maybe not so many stars in it, but solid depth. Mertens looks a shoe-in for one.

Agree on Elite being tougher. Higher win % needed in less amount of games means every loss hurts bad. I'm hoping to go 20-10 overall. Even 19-11. Show some progress. I've no idea what to do with the team though. I'm not all in on Costa. He's great on the ball but just lacks the end product.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost the 16th game before I popped out to go 7-9 (just cannot get to that 50% win rate), but won the 17th with a solid 2-0 victory to go 8-9 and get Silver 2.

Silver 1 has to be the aim now, but I'm actually running at a win ratio that would see me sneak Gold 3 if I could a) maintain it and b) play all the games. Both of those are very doubtful.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Hopefully my Richarlison OTW gets a boost this week, but Anderson and Sterling might nibble that as I can’t see three IF wingers from the Prem in a single TOTW. Paulinho scoring twice is exciting me most of the TOTW contenders. Love his NIF card.
    Do you use Richarlison? Might be worth trying to sell into some hype if you don’t. I think he will go up to 81 at best.

Can’t see Paulinho getting one. They lost and iirc he gave away the penalty?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this happens to all of us, but I've just lost a game where I had 25 shots on goal, 15 on target, with Buffon saving almost everything and I lost 3-2.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 losses in a row now and absolutely battered in the last two games to go 8-12.

The last two games are representative of the quality I was expecting to face.

Need 3 from 10 to get Silver 1 now, so may not bother.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    It could well be another great TOTW. Maybe not so many stars in it, but solid depth. Mertens looks a shoe-in for one.

Agree on Elite being tougher. Higher win % needed in less amount of games means every loss hurts bad. I'm hoping to go 20-10 overall. Even 19-11. Show some progress. I've no idea what to do with the team though. I'm not all in on Costa. He's great on the ball but just lacks the end product.
    What chem style on Costa?

He needs deadeye. Means you can’t boost the physical which is a shame, but needs the +15 finishing and positioning to make him usable for me. Still get tempted to replace him. Another Anderson upgrade might do that, though it then also pushes Sandro down to 8 chem with no obvious replacement.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Do you use Richarlison? Might be worth trying to sell into some hype if you don’t. I think he will go up to 81 at best.

Can’t see Paulinho getting one. They lost and iirc he gave away the penalty?
    Shit. Just heard Paulinho scored twice in a big game. That’s a shame. Particularly as there’s only a couple more CSL game days, only one of which is on a weekend, so my dreams of further Paulinho/Hulk/Anderson Talisca upgrades are floundering and I may need to re-jig the makeup of my left side and striker to stay competitive.

No, he’s an investment. Not enough profit to sell on hype right now. I think he may rise further due to playing at Striker, if his IF is a position change then the OTW remaining a LW may increase.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 losses in a row now, to take me to 8-14 from 8-9.

I don't understand why form exists in this anyway (so it's no major beef) but it's clearly broken as I'm still coming up against players who have Futchamps rewards in their sides.

3 wins from 8 game seems unlikely on this run rate, but I'll play one or two more and if I win one of this soldier on.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First-weekend league got me in gold 2 which im happy with given the team and exp Ive got. 18-11 with a game spare.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've canned it at 8-14.

Was just too depressing to carry on.

Still, that's Elite 3 in Squad Battles, Silver 2 in Weekend League and Rank 2 in division rivals rewards secured.

I'm gonna do some SBC's and general club management for a couple of hours.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What chem style on Costa?

He needs deadeye. Means you can’t boost the physical which is a shame, but needs the +15 finishing and positioning to make him usable for me. Still get tempted to replace him. Another Anderson upgrade might do that, though it then also pushes Sandro down to 8 chem with no obvious replacement.
    I have that on him, but 7 chem means he's not getting a full boost. That might be it. I am feeling a new team next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I've canned it at 8-14.

Was just too depressing to carry on.

Still, that's Elite 3 in Squad Battles, Silver 2 in Weekend League and Rank 2 in division rivals rewards secured.

I'm gonna do some SBC's and general club management for a couple of hours.
    Will you be back next weekend?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0 start to Fut Champs, having scored 5+ goals in four of those games. Really feeling comfortable with this team now, though a lot of tonights success is likely down to matchmaking against other low form players (mine having been 0 until earlier this evening)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a noticeable shift in opponent quality when I was 7-0. Every game since has been close. Going to try and grind out the 3 wins needed shortly. If that goes well I'll make a Gold 1 push.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won my 6th game 6-0 and now really wish I could sack off work in the morning and keep going. Some of the opponents have been really good players but I’m just making very good decisions both ends, being very clinical with my finishing and once they go attacking I’m running up the score giving them no chance of coming back.

Giving Mbappe deadeye over the marksman I had on him has brought him a lot more. I did it for the positioning and vision boosts, and there’s a noticeable upturn in both his runs and his through balls, whilst the extra shot power and finishing has made him particularly lethal.

I’ll have at least a couple of spells of successive losses tomorrow, but it’s nice to have a cushion and to feel I’m back in the form I was late last season where I had 8-9 game winning streaks at times.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a website anywhere that shows SBC's for FIFA18? Keen to see what the Black Friday ones were last year.
    You can't go wrong with the rubbish IF that are low rated that onobody cares about. IF that are less than 83 rated are going to be king.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be after a few IF Sancho’s as fully expect him to rise in anticipation of Ratings Refresh come Jan/Feb.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be after a few IF Sancho’s as fully expect him to rise in anticipation of Ratings Refresh come Jan/Feb.
    Ive already got 5 He is much cheaper then I expected him to be. Bellahrabi got an IF this week also which makes him the best RW in the bundesliga.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do IF cards get upgraded also when a player gets a winter upgrade?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    You can't go wrong with the rubbish IF that are low rated that onobody cares about. IF that are less than 83 rated are going to be king.
    Why’s that?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    If they get enough of an upgrade.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    Yes if they are upgraded enough

Why’s that?
    SBC requirements. They will always ask for IFs

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheap IFs are, as long as they’re cheap enough (12k or less in my book) a low risk investment. They’ll hold value for SBCs, including just in using them myself, their discard would only represent a 15% loss at the very worst case and with a bit of luck they could make a pile back due to particular SBC requirements, complimentary IFs released, change of clubs or ratings upgrades.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Yes if they are upgraded enough

SBC requirements. They will always ask for IFs
    Course, but why specifically less than 83 rated?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of complmntary IFs, i’d love to partner Sancho with an IF Striker Reis Nelson in my Rivals-only B team were it to happen. With 5 goals from 6 games often as a striker for the latter, it’s a distinct possibility.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the best keeper in this year’s game?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course, but why specifically less than 83 rated?
    I’m guessing as 83’s already have value?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is the best keeper in this year’s game?

Universal opinion says Courtois. He’s the best I’ve used, but I’ve only Lloris and Handanovic to compare in terms of the elite keepers. Shit distribution with his feet though, which does carry some importance in this game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. It was quite apparent during the weekend league that a good keeper is very important.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handanovic is a definite upgrade on Szczesny(?) but I'm not sure it warrants the 40k extra he currently is. I've found De Gea and Neuer to be unbelievable to face. The two of them have single handedly caused me 2-3 losses this week.

I soldiered on in FUT Champs last night. I got to 18-7 and began to dream of the 5 win streak needed for Elite. That soon turned into 19-9. Had to think if I actually wanted to make Gold 1 due to getting no consumables back, but I'm sure you can quick sell the 100k pack for 24k coins or so, so in essence that is just short of 100k earned with no pack pulls at all.
    Lost my 29th game, but clutched the last one. It was 1-1 for most of the game with me pressing forward. Eventually a sub on of Depay and Promes paid off big time as the latter had the legs to blast past the full-back to the byline and cut back(the amount of these that are auto cut out now is really insane) for Mertens.

2 win improvement on last week and I felt I played a lot better. I did cram games into 2 days as opposed to spreading over the 3, but Friday was lost, so unavoidable. I wouldn't mind trying a new team, but Sunday afternoon - Wednesday is a bad time to sell.

The next step up is 3 more wins and those will be the toughest. But it's either that or be stuck at Gold 1/2 forever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any CDM recommendations? I've picked up Kroos as I can link him with Reus and Gotze for 10 chemistry but I'm not sure he's defensive enough. Does anyone use the 'Stay Back' instruction for a specific player and does it help? I've left everything on default so far this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroos is a bit wank (I can't decide whether he or UCL Renato Sanches is better) and I certainly wouldn't expect much in the way of defensive solidity.

Stay back is great, been using it on my forwards, midfielders and full backs, in a 4-3-2-1. Only problem (unsurprisingly) is that you lose a lot going forward and (as the weekend league taught me) it's pointless if you come up against someone who can use Nepenthez style tricks to unlock a defence.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and decided I'm going to work up to as many coins as possible for Black Friday and build a completely new first team, with the current one taking the place of my fitness side.

Will have over 1.5m by the time the division rivals and WL rewards drop, so 2m is the aim.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the SBC analyser, I'm basically 400k short of doing the Prime Icon Set 2 if I'm prepared to let go of a fair number of players from the club. I could fund that tomorrow, but am more tempted to hold onto the current team for a couple of sets of Thursday rewards and re-assess then. Lampard is very, very tempting. Then again, he's binning for 1.1m, so an SBC with a similar cost delivering an untradeable card would only be worth it with the additional packs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Not that a quick google shows me. I thought I found it on FUTWIZ but Black Friday tab was blank.
    https://www.upfifacoins.com/news/801...-ultimate-team

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that (Nick from Runthefutmarket had it in a video) but those are FIFA 17 cards so I sacked it off as wrong

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a few weeks I have to report that George Best doesn't really seem to give me anything that I wasn't necessarily already getting from my front 3.

I'd like to say it was 2mil wasted but I would've have obsessively chased the card regardless and it's not as if he's BAD or something, he plays great, but I'm pretty positive I could've used that 2mil and strengthened the entire team and possibly been better off (though then again there isn't a TON of improvement to be found outside of obvious upgrades from NIF=>IF.

I was going to chase either OTW Radja or TOTW Sandro last weekend until Mertens scored 3 and assisted 1 and basically guaranteed an IF My favorite player on my team getting upgraded has me pretty excited.

I still have been too scary to dive into division rivals or try to qualify for WL. I don't want to end up hating the game like a lot of my friends are (but I ponder if they were just pace whores and are now being donned by the changed mechanics).

Anyways.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the changed mechanics. Removing pace abuse is a step forward, but the improvement has been completely negated (and some) by people being able to sit on the halfway line with minimal danger from being countered and curl in time’s finesse after timed finesse.

Which overall is a step backwards for me.

De nerf pace a touch and nerf timed finishes a touch and we’d have a great engine.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Nepenthez play and that's really evident. Most of his goals are timed finesses with Dr Bruyne.

New Futswap out also with 87 Flashback Pedro as the reward. I'll try and pick up Guilavogi as I used his normal card before and it played surprisingly well. Niang can split into my Ligue 1 side as a supersub also.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost game 7 on pens after playing someone who refused to tackle me for most of the game, and equalised in the 90th and 118th mins. Won the next 3-1 to put me on 7-1 and looking good to get to at least Gold 2 in tonight’s marathon session and for the last half hour the servers have been down.

Is SvN diverting power from EA to get this place back up?

Hopefully they extend to tomorrow night and I get another crack, otherwise I’ll likely be maroooned in Gold 3 if this runs another hour.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Servers back and I’m 10-2 and playing great stuff. Fucking EA. Will probably bow out at Gold 3 so not to fall asleep at my desk tomorrow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When do rewards land?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday night.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall look forward to my pick from two In form silvers then.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played my first Rivals match just now.

He was slightly better (I'm putting that down to me not bothering with custom tactics) and beat me 2-0. However I missed a chance in the 89th minute that would have made it 1-1.